[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holding a conversation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1500921044470.jpg (48KB, 815x828px) Image search: [Google]
1500921044470.jpg
48KB, 815x828px
In this day and age, is it impossible to date a girl without having to be her jester/conversationalist?
>>
>>38596573
>implying she listens to a word you're saying while she texts 20 Chads the whole date
>>
>>38596573
Why would you date a girl you weren't interested in having conversations with?
>>
>>38597276
not OP, but it's because most people are boring, just like me
>>
>>38596573
You need to change how you view conversations. It shouldn't just be you doing all the work. After a topic dies, give her some time to start the next bit of conversation. If she doesn't say anything for a while, you can start the next topic. If she doesn't pick up the slack after three topics, it's time to excuse yourself because she either doesn't know how to talk to people or is not interested in you.
>>
>>38596573
i believe that if there's mutual interests and/or general interest in the person, the conversation should flow naturally, obviously she won't do all the work and you know that.

Coming from personal experience, i think you should develop the things you say a bit more to keep the conversation feeling dynamic
>>
>>38597526
This famalam, the girl should be putting in equal work as you conversation-wise once you get the ball rolling. She will if she is actually interested in you.

If she is just using to you cure her boredom: she won't say much and expect you to entertain her. Logically it all makes sense.

This is why you should never be nervous when talking to a girl. If the girl is making you nervous because she isn't talking/putting all sorts of unnecessary pressure on you, then bail. The problem is her.
>>
>>38598005
Wow, I learned something today for once. Thanks! I don't have much experience with girls.
>>
>>38596573
I have such a hard time being "funny" honestly. It's not that I don't have a sense of humor, it's just that I'm more into slapstick comedy and verbal jokes and being witty aren't my thing. I hate this new trend of girls wanting men to "make them laugh" and whatever. I'm not a clown ffs.
>inb4 just be natural bro, just be urself bro
>>
>>38598963
Not being funny has a serious upside. I used to clown around a lot and basically what happens is that when you suddenly want people to take you seriously, they don't. They will just give you some almost-funny response because you were always into that.
>>
>>38598963
>I'm more into slapstick comedy
Carry around props with you.
>>
>>38596573
If you swing the conversation towards their interests you'll immediately be able to distinguish those genuinely looking to meet new people and the ladies just there for the attention.

Someone with genuine interest in you will be happy to share their interests with you and will appreciate your interest in them. 9/10 times this'll lead down a natural conversation path. If she's looking for a jester her disinterest will become obvious and you can move on, saving yourself the time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.