[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaslighting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Does anyone else experience this? My dad was doing this bullshit with me yesterday and it basically ruined my whole day.
>>
>>38595109
Sociopaths/narcissists always try this shit, trying to convince you that you're crazy when you catch them doing something bad. Their delusions are so hard to shatter, that normal non-asshole people can often walk away thinking "Gee, maybe I *am* wrong. He seemed pretty convinced after all."

Cold anger is the best response. "The nerve of this asshole."

Flag them as a nutcase and avoid interacting with them. Yes, even your father.
>>
>>38595165
Have you ever experienced it personally, wanna share a story?
>>
Bumping my own thread with story
>sitting down looking at my phone
>dad sits next to me and asks what I'm thinking
>reply "not much, what about you?"
>he starts chuckling condescendingly
>ask him what's so funny
>he just says "anon, you crack me up"
>ask again and he laughs harder
>he walks away laughing
Spent my whole day replaying that in my head wondering what the fuck happened.
>>
What's wrong with lighting your fart on fire and how the fuck can it ruin your whole day?
>>
>>38595693
Wtf was he implying that he thinks you're stupid and think about nothing all day?
Fuck your dad, what a dick.
>>
>>38595261
>wanna share a story?
No, but I will give you a very important piece of advice: get angry. Anger is the best defense against this sort of bullshit.

>>38595693
>Spent my whole day replaying that in my head wondering what the fuck happened.
You (and most robots) have a very weak sense of self, which is why such a small thing gets stuck in your head. You automatically assume the issue is with you rather than your asshole dad.

Anyway, since you're here on /r9k/, I don't think there's much hope for you. If we were on /fit/, I might try to give you some more detailed constructive advice, but we aren't, so I won't. The chances of you manning up and confronting him like someone with a healthy level of testosterone would is close to zero, so you'll probably either enter your late 20s with irreparable self-esteem and confidence issues OR you'll snap one day and pull a knife on him like a battered woman would.

I suggest you move out.
>>
>>38595693
Should've said "thinking about you".
Try to do the same thing to him one time and report back how it went
>>
>>38596049
I don't think what you described is gaslighting, it's just a defense mechanism people use when being accused. anyways anger doesn't really help, my dad always get's loud to get you to give in, being loud yourself only makes it worse. not op btw
>>
>>38595693
The only ONLY thing I can think of is that he took it as you're not thinking about anything at all.
But I understood what you meant, you meant nothing special/nothing worth talking about/nothing in particular. The same "Not much" you say when someone ask "Whats up?"

He just took it the wrong way.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.