[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spiritualism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Let's talk about spiritualism. I won't go on and define spiritualism as I'm curious about your thoughts, perceptions and definitions.

This thread is not especially referring to any form of spiritualism since any religion is a form of it in it's core.

Drug use can be discussed as well but shouldn't be the main theme of this thread.
>>
File: 200w_s.gif (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200w_s.gif
20KB, 200x200px
I don't see anything wrong with pursuing spiritual/mystical experiences with psychedelics or meditation.
I guess I don't see the point in starting to believe in metaphysical propositions ("we have a soul", "there is a god") without evidence and plenty of reasons to doubt the motivations that led you there (wishful thinking, comfort, easing the fear of death, etc.).

Just have the experience, and keep an open mind (although it's probably just your brain making you trip balls)
>>
>>38591610
Spiritualism is far superiour to religion.
Spiritualism holds the positive ideas of some religions and drops the bullshit.
>>
Well I do a lot of work in spiritualism, so it's kinda hard to pinpoint exactly where my beliefs sit. I'm a Heathen/Odinist, I practice EM and meditation, teaching myself spiritual healing, practice divination, etc.

I guess one of the biggest things about spiritualism that's always bugged me is those who are overweight practitioners; my personal belief is that spirit is only a part of the whole, and that one should devote as much time to the body and the mind as they do to the spirit. When all three are in balanced, they synergise.
>>
>>38591832

Please give a definition of evidence and reason as those are strong yet overused words.

>>38591879

As I stated in the OP I believe every religion in its core to be a true form of spiritualism. The so-called bullshit was created for reasons I don't fully understand by now - mainly due to progressively losing a clear concept of "bad" or "evil".

>>38591908

That's definitely a valid and important point. There is no need to be an incredible athlete or to be in perfect shape. Yet I do believe that being unhealthily overweight- let's just assume a certain degree of being overweight to be unhealthy - is a sign of gluttony and/or laziness. Behavioral traits which both conflict with almost any concept of spiritualism (inb4 hurr durr fat Buddha).
>>
>>38592092
Exactly, and how can one expect to understand the experiences the spirit brings, or the ability to extrapolate them to others without a healthy mind. As you said, there's no need to be a phd or athlete, but understand that by neglecting to give the same time and energy you do to spirit to one or both of the other parts of yourself, you create an unbalanced system; you'll only ever achieve half experiences.
>>
File: back in my day.png (208KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
back in my day.png
208KB, 500x620px
>>38591610
spiritualism is for coastal white people who dont want the guilt and shame of being a shit human but want the community and values of religous people
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.