[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been invited to study law in a prestigious university

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I have been invited to study law in a prestigious university

God damn, this is great. Sure I have to pay for it, but hell, its only 1263 Euroes a year
>>
Stay the hell away from law, it's largely a scam:

http://thirdtierreality.blogspot.com/

And be careful, I doubt people get "invited to study law".
>>
File: 447878784.gif (4KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
447878784.gif
4KB, 240x300px
>>38590266
Do you think someone actually buys this vodka?
>>
>>38590497
It's not a scam if you study at a Tier One university with many connections to white shoe law firms. Most unemployed lawyer fucks went to Tier Threes and lower.
>>
>>38590266
>has to pay for college or university
Must suck being a third world country.
>>
>>38590595
yes people do, imagine you are 40yrs old alcoholic ( not like this is much of a stretch) walking your dog, you stop by a kiosk, take 1-2 shots, and come back to family dinner 2 shots happier.
>>
>>38590734
If I had to buy one of these I would rather kill myself
>>
>>38590690
And that fact doesn't bother you? That law is such an ungeneralizable niche that a JD does nothing else for you? And that it's a field that requires such tight specialization, but also has such bad employment prospects that only tier one schools are relevant? Because, in that situation, it sounds like any tightening of the job market (as they say) will make even a tier one JD not good enough.
Which, I hear, actually is the case, that even a tier one JD doesn't itself guarantee a decent law job anymore.
>>
>>38590766
Exactly. Even knowing just a little bit about it makes me cringe. And, one small slip in your job, one badmouthing from someone higher up, you go from 100k to unemployable.

Literally no thank you.
>>
>>38590766
It pretty much does. The Tier One schools take only the best and brightest. We're talking top ten percentile of LSATs and 3.7+ undergrad GPAs, so you know these kids have great work ethic and come from schools with great connections. They also interview you to make sure you're not an autistic sperg. These schools graduate students with a 90%+ employment rate, and the top 10 have an almost 95%+ employment rate. It's always been this way. You don't want some Barry Zuckercorn from state college representing you.
T. Have several friends and colleagues that went to T1s.
>>
>>38590824
Well, at least you know how cut throat it is. That's more than a lot of people know when they get in, they think it'll be like the movies, LOL.

And, as you know, although the employment rates are high, that doesn't mean you'll be able to stay in the career. If you do decide to go for it, my hats off to you, you've got balls.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.