[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Stop being depressed, kids in Africa have it much worse than you!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1498020429104.png (57KB, 197x174px) Image search: [Google]
1498020429104.png
57KB, 197x174px
>Stop being depressed, kids in Africa have it much worse than you!
>>
kids in Africa have a sense or purpose
>>
Kids there can get laid
>>
That has nothing lot do with my sense of not belonging. That has nothing to do with my life.
>>
File: IMG_1619.jpg (33KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1619.jpg
33KB, 618x412px
>>38578903
*closes thread* "ya that pretty much summed it up."
>>
I'd rather be a Chad in Africa than a robot on the richest country on earth
>>
>>38578903
>>38578939
>>38578943
Do you guys not know how greentexting works? Him posting it with an image of a bored person implies he's tired of hearing that sentiment often. You're not supposed to respond seriously to the OP.
>>
File: tomoko lying.jpg (78KB, 1024x572px) Image search: [Google]
tomoko lying.jpg
78KB, 1024x572px
Suffering isn't a contest. Those Africans life sucks, they have their own problems, but so do people like us. Everyone's life has pain in it, African kids deal with problems that we don't have, but we also have some problems that they have. I don't see much point in just saying, "Oh well, I'm not starving to death I should be content." That isn't setting your standards for life very high
>>
As a person with depression I can honestly say this type of thinking helps. I watch documentaries and browse 4chan for threads about horrible accidents and misfortune in other countries and it just makes me feel like a demi-god. Sure I'm a weirdo loser here but at least I'm not starving to death. It makes me feel so superior, watching normies and shit skins suffer and die gives.me immense pleasure and happiness.
>>
They don't care about me so why should I care about them?
>waahh but anon!!! dey dun kno u exist so how dey gon care??????
Yeah? Well I didn't ask to know about them.
>>
>>38578987
Those African people's lives suck*
That they Don't* have

sorry had to correct my typos
>>
File: 1499473584399.jpg (44KB, 958x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499473584399.jpg
44KB, 958x960px
>>38578878
YOU MUST BE HAPPIER BECAUSE THE WOLRD HAS STARVING PEOPLE IN IT! YAY!
>>
>>38578878
Stop being depressed, other people have it way worse than you and this is somehow supposed to make you feel better about your situation instead of making you feel shitty about the fact that others are suffering more than you do
>>
>Stop being happy, rich attractive people all over the world have it better than you!
>>
>Anon is depressed. I know, I'll help him by making him feel guilty about it!

Thanks normies. You really know how to make me feel like utter shit for feeling like utter shit.
>>
>>38578878
Just ask the person "yeah and what are you doing to help them?"
>>
>>38578984
We are agreeing with him in a sense of comradory, retard
>>
>>38578976
>tfw your not a Chad in Chad
>>
>>38578984
Stop overanalyzing newfag
>>
In Africa you either die or you don't, the west kills you on the inside. atleast those kids have an entire village, where everyone likes them.
>>
This only makes me feel guilty an selfish, derefore more depressed
>>
>>38578878
I remember SlateStarCodex, who is a practicing psychotherapist, saying one of the shittiest things you can say to a depressed person is that there are people even worse off than you.

The only effective and ethical thing to do is actually address the roots of their depression, not worsen it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.