[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression is a meme Y'all are fucking lazy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1491904207435.jpg (56KB, 821x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491904207435.jpg
56KB, 821x960px
Depression is a meme
Y'all are fucking lazy
>>
Is laziness a meme too?
>>
>>38578060
it is true that depression is a meme
however reality is an assortment of memes
>>
I am lazy but depression is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain
>>
>>38578060
Everything is a meme at this point, anon,
living is a meme.
>>
That's how I felt my entire life but until recent events where I have become bedridden due to medical reasons my brain has stopped working properly. Ex therapist said I had depression and whether it's the new pills I'm on to numb pain I am going fucking insane because I can't get outside/work out or anything. Now I know how these retarded NEETs feel, they are shooting themselves in the foot by staying inside all day jerking off watching anime and playing video games. I don't have a choice but most of you do.
>>
>>38578082

There's no established standard for what the correct "balance" of "chemicals" in the brain is.

The truth is that ALL emotions/thoughts/actions/feelings are the product of various chemicals reacting in the brain. Heck, the brain itself is made of chemicals.
>>
File: 1417660111293.jpg (110KB, 640x731px) Image search: [Google]
1417660111293.jpg
110KB, 640x731px
As someone who has suffered from depression for years and can now surely say that he has gotten to the other side, this is a load of bullshit. I managed to get a lot fucking done while I was depressed thanks to a mixture of literally doing what was necessary to survive and the abuse of tons of stimulants. I went years where 95%+ of my thoughts about myself, others, and the general state of being were overwhelmingly negative and the other 5% primarily consisted of suicidal ideation which at the time was comforting and the only thing that brought me pleasure. It's exhausting spending so much time being a bitter, miserable cunt.

Yeah, I am far more productive now then I was before, but your worldview is bullshit and you're basically retarded.
>>
>>38578060
>Y'all
Hahahahahahah
>>
>>38578091
Dying is the biggest meme of them all.
>>
>>38578168

I hope you never understand.
I honestly really do hope you are one of the people who make it through life without ever feeling like this.
I hope you manage to find your way to the grave in blissful ignorance of depression.

>oh you're just lazy
>oh everyone feels a little blue now and then
>oh just smile and you'll feel better in no time.

Every thing in the brain is just chemicals and nerve impulses.
That doesn't make it less real.
Imagine being drunk or high... and wanting to be sober, but not having the time to actually sober up. Maybe you fake it long enough to get by the security guy, or so the cop thinks your OK.
But you're still drunk. Just because it's just chemicals in your brain doesn't let you magically be sober.
>but one time my friend fell and was injured while we were drunk and I sobered up instantly!
No, you were still drunk, you still would be too drunk to drive.
You still had a hang over in the morning, and saying it's just chemicals in the brain wouldn't rid you of the hangover.
>>
>>38578124
>why'd that retard kill himself he could have just improved himself with his working legs? fucking dummies

yeah you sure know what it's like my man
>>
File: 1439759580696.jpg (40KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1439759580696.jpg
40KB, 681x496px
>>38578168
>There's no established standard for what the correct "balance" of "chemicals" in the brain is.

uh yes there is, how do you think mental issues get diagnosed or even became recognized in the medical industry?
>>
>>38578433
It's not about being special, I'm not even sure how you arrive at that idea.
Just accept that other people's experiences are different from yours...
Or don't.
But why be a shit about it?
What do you get out of that?
I mean, is this fun for you?
Why are you so concerned about whether depressed people are actually depressed or just "pretending so that they can be lazy and feel special".

You'd get a pretty shit return on investment for the effort to fake it.
>>
>>38578060
maybe it is, but adhd isnt a meme,
>>
>>38578168
Nah. Serotonin makes one feel content and "happy". This is the current medical consensus. I agree with the assertion that SSRIs aren't as effective as pharmacists say they are and that most depression treatments should shift towards dealing with low-key, untreated dopamine addiction issues, but denying the effect serotonin plays in the role in not just humans but the majority of mammalian brains is foolish. The fact that dogs, whales, and dolpins for instance can undergo depression really nails in how wrong you are.

Hell, even a lot of what Buddhists say boils down to your desire (dopamine) keeps you from being content (serotonin).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.