[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blackpill thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: 322.jpg (722KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
322.jpg
722KB, 1200x902px
Post your harshest blackpills. References, empirical data, and logical arguments strongly encouraged.

Let's get sad.
>>
File: gdgdf.jpg (137KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
gdgdf.jpg
137KB, 900x948px
woof woof the world is a happy place full of joy and fun! arf arf arf
>>
>>38568335
The hardest blackpill to swallow is that the universe is predetermined and that the illusion we have of choice is just us experiencing what our bodies do through our own eyes.
>>
>>38568363
try saying this to a normie and they'll freak the fuck out and not believe you/change the goalposts.
>>
>>38568335
There are no black people in my town. Thus black people do not exist. Supporting documents would be my towns census. 84% white. 12% native American 4% other
>>
>>38568335
there is no difference between normies and robots.. Being one or another is just a trend. That's it guys, I said that.
>>
File: black is the best.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
black is the best.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
My member is engorged, lusty and powerful.My gonads swing low against my thighs filled with literal liters of man-monk.Women swoon at my feet and beg for my holy man-fat.That is my blackpill - blacking your women
>>
>>38568363

Even if all events weren't predetermined but some were random, or probablistic, that still wouldn't give us libertarian free will. It would just mean that some events, maybe but not necessarily including a given particular action of ours, would be up to pure statistical chance, rather than what we would classically understand as deterministic physical force.

We actually don't know whether all events are ontologically inevitable or not. It could be that at the quantum scale things are determined probablistically rather than on strictly deterministic principles. Maybe God does play dice.

Either way though, I don't really see this as a blackpill. It doesn't depress me that much. I still try to help people and live as best a life as I can, even though that's just due to my genetics and conditioning and maybe some element of probablism. It actually makes me want to be kinder and more forgiving to others because I realize they can't help the way they are at that given moment.
>>
>>38568381
>>38568447

I think you guys are kind of misunderstanding the point of this thread.
>>
>>38568448
Even if what you said was true, it doesn't change the fact that free will can't exist in a universe governed by the laws of physics.
>>
>>38568363
I dont understand Explain how the universe is predetermined everything seems fairly random to me?
>>
>>38568509
Cause and effect.
>>
>>38568478

I know, that's what I was saying.

Free will doesn't make sense whether the workings of this universe are fully deterministic or to any extent probablistic.

Personally, I don't even experience the illusion of free will. At no point does it ever feel like the things I don't do are somehow real possibilites, and when I look back on things, I never get the feeling that I actually could have done some other thing. I sometimes look back and think, "It would have been better if I had done X instead of Y", but that doesn't mean that "X" seems like it was a real possibility, with the actual mindstate I had at the time of X--just that it seems like it would have been better, in retrospect. I don't think this is worth calling "free will".
>>
Religion is made up, all of it. It's not needed in an individuals life
>>
>>38568363
Shit man this was one of the first big things i figured out back when I was around 12 and still a Christian. This pill is dark gray at best.
>>
>>38568378

Or, they'll resort to shaming tactics.

"You don't believe in free will because you want to be lazy".

It's the exact same "argument" that religious fundamentalists use against those who don't believe in their conception of God.

"You're just (denying my conception of) God exists because you want to sin".
>>
File: 20-29-relative.png (130KB, 889x585px) Image search: [Google]
20-29-relative.png
130KB, 889x585px
Every woman has 10 men waiting in line to fuck her. All the good women get taken at a young age, and they still have like 10 bet orbiters waiting in line in case they break up with Chad. We do not even stand a chance.
>>
>>38568547
It's the same with me. It's just intuitive now, I guess. Every time I catch myself wondering "what if?", I remind myself that it couldn't have been any other way. I guess everyone knows this to a certain extent with all the "you can't change the past". The difference is, they don't realize that since they can't change the past, they can't change the future either.
>>
My free will is totally controlled by my lusty, engorged black manhood.My black bell-end has a chip which detects the nearest lady to be blacked.My semen fills her womb and a black baby results - almost every time!
>>
>>38568577
Yeah, that's exactly what they do. I had this discussion with my father a few days ago and when I argued free will didn't exist, he was like "well, what do you want me to do? Lay down and die" followed by laughter. It seems to me like even though normies understand the concept, they can't seem to grasp what it means for them, their lives and their experience of reality.
>>
>>38568611
I'll just leave this here. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2769593/HALF-women-fall-partner-standby-fancied-case-current-relationship-turns-sour.html
>>
oh hey a pills thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXLK7_2Xkuk
heavenpill
>>
>>38568671

The crazy thing is, it's not really their fault that they don't get it. They can't grasp the implications because of their genetics and conditioning which shaped their brain structure and neurochemistry in such a way that they can't.

Tell you what really chaps my hide though, compatibilists. My God, man. What is with them?

Do they not even understand how egregiously destructive and intellectually dishonest an ideology it is?
>>
>>38568775
They're all like "Yeah, but dude, quantum mechanics in ur brain and sheeit. The universe is weirder than you think" and expect us to believe them.
>>
>>38568864

I'm not even talking about those guys so much. I mean the ones who are like, "determinism is probably true but free will is totally compatible with determinism".

They change the definition of free will to something like "free from external coercion", but they don't recognize that such coercion can take forms that to outside observers don't appear to be coercive, yet still are. They also don't take into account the real and major problems with the notion of ultimate/fundamental responsibility in a deterministic universe. And they seem to really want to get people to not think deeply about these matters.

It really seems like they're trying to confuse people intentionally.

Daniel Dennett is a lot like this.

Before his death, Aaron Swartz wrote this great takedown of Dennett's nonsense (it's a bit "hot"/emotional, but Swartz really tears into the overt intellectual dishonesty).

http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/dennettdumb
>>
>>38568363
I think the world is more like an RPG with rolls of dice
>>
>>38568526
cause and effect doesn't make sometjing predetermined. If you smash a rock into another rock and it breaks who's to say it will happen again? maybe the second set of rocks will be more structurally sound and wont crack. You're forgeting that things don't happen exactly the same every time
>>
>>38568984
Oh, my God. Don't even get me started on Daniel Dennett. And, yeah, I agree with the rest of your post. Will check out the link.
>>
>>38568457
its a samefag
>>
>>38568984
What the hell is someone as well read as you doing on /r9k/, surely you could find better thangs to do.
>>
>>38569062

If the second set of rocks is more structurally sound, then the two incidences are fundamentally different and cannot be equated.

The greater strength of the second set of rocks would be what DETERMINED the different outcome.

Your example doesn't disprove determinism/causality. It actually reinforces it.
>>
>>38569143
the entire free will argument is so fucking pointless... there's not a lot more to it other than people who believe in whatever the hell free will is being wrong a lot
>>
>>38569186
>dude lmao what is the point of discussing things
why is this the brainlet's response to every single interesting discussion he does't understand?
>>
>>38569218
because anyone on the free will exists side has the same fucking argument every time. it's pointless to actually discuss at length. reading about it is a lot better if you want to understand the implications of the two different viewpoints
>>
File: GodHand-0.png (878KB, 1173x1753px) Image search: [Google]
GodHand-0.png
878KB, 1173x1753px
>>38568363
What do you think determines the threads of causality?
>>
>>38569186

I think it's actually useful because free will belief endangers people. The more people that face up to the fact that free will is bogus, the more we can start facing issues in a way that makes sense as opposed to facing them with a massively mistaken idea of how things actually work.

One example that I like to bring up a lot is how free will belief ties in to mental illness stigma and therefore causes problems for society. Check this video out for a brief discussion on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffi2zKJ58og

PS: Don't take this post as a wholesale endorsement for psychology/psychiatry as they currently exist. There's a ripe opportunity for MAJOR blackpill discussion when you look at those fields.
>>
>>38569322
thx lad i agree that free will needs to be confronted more. will watch video
>>
>>38569356

YW.

On the topic of psychiatry--ever heard of the MKULTRA experiments?
>>
>>38569322
Wait, what's free will then?
I have the free will to make this post,but free will doesn't exist? I don't get it
>>
>>38569375
the mind control attempts and other psychedelic tests, yeah
>>
File: 1474343551816.jpg (5KB, 161x250px) Image search: [Google]
1474343551816.jpg
5KB, 161x250px
>>38569390
full jej
>>
>>38569390

>Wait, what's free will then?

The ability to feel, make decisions, and act free of the influence of prior causes and current physical factors such as your conditioning, genetic makeup, and neurochemistry.

Corollaries of this belief are that delusional people can just choose to be sane, that you can take enough drugs to make yourself psychotic and then "control the psychosis" for the fun of it (I have seen this idea seriously pushed on 420chan--beyond irresponsible), and that the way you're raised and the experiences you have as a child don't really matter at all when you're an adult because they're not what shaped you into the person you are--your "free will" did that (this view is pushed on a lot of conservative sites, but even a lot of politically left sites push this view too).

>I have the free will to make this post,but free will doesn't exist? I don't get it

You had the WILL to make that post. But that will was not free of your causal history, your neurochemistry, the structure of your nervous system, and so on.

We certainly have will, but not "free" will. Our wills are determined by a complex web of factors that are ultimately outside our control.

If the levels of neurotransmitters in your nervous system had been radically different, you wouldn't have been able to make that post. The post was the outcome of the way your brain, the nerves in your hands, etc. Our bodies (including our brains and our fingers, which make actions like typing possible) are physical matter and therefore must operate according to the laws of physics/chemistry.
>>
>>38569413

You might be interested in this. I haven't seen it myself yet so no guarantees, but it's on my backlog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5yZA09yq7I
>>
>>38569299
A remote control
>>
humans are not created with purpose. Attempting to find your own purpose will not work as it requires said purpose existing in the first place to be found. since there is no purpose, you will always be unable to find it.
>>
>>38568478
>Free will cant exist in a universe governed by the laws of physics?
Wait, why? Please dont tell me it's because you cant fly without adhering to them
>>
>>38569547
> We don't have complete free will because our actions are influenced by a lot of factors

> We certainly have will, but not "free" will. Our wills are determined by a complex web of factors that are ultimately outside our control

I can literally push the idea of God on anyone that thinks like this and you wouldn't have a reasonable explanation to deny it. You're just following God's plan anon, godspeed
>>
Sometimes I find lumps on my body and I don't understand why

I'm going to die. I'm never going to get my life together and I'm going to die.
>>
>empirical evidence tells me i'm a mass of atoms which thinks that empiricism is true so i am a mass of atoms
really makes me think
>>
>>38568335
Read Romans 9
>>
>>38568509
ravioli ravioli nigga you a fucking nolly.
>>
>>38570567

Believing in God isn't as senseless as believing in free will. Not by a longshot.

>>38570347

Because the machinations of your nervous system (which is fully governed by the laws of physics as it is physical matter) are what generate your actions.

Alter the machine, and the thoughts and actions are altered resultingly.
>>
>>38571193
But doesn't that completely ignore the concept of neuroplasticity? For example how you can create new pathways in your brain to form a new habit.
>>
>>38571253

>But doesn't that completely ignore the concept of neuroplasticity?

No, not at all. Neuroplasticity is the physical matter of the brain changing in response to physical events.

>For example how you can create new pathways in your brain to form a new habit.

The way you're conceiving of it is backwards. It's not as if there's a secondary "you" outside your brain, forging the pathways of the brain, somehow acting independently of it. If there were, it wouldn't seem that you would really need a brain at all.

The new pathways get forged in response to physical and chemical reactions, and this is how "you" learn new things and form new habits.
>>
File: image.jpg (225KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 1000x800px
>>38568361
>woof woof the world is a happy place full of joy and fun! arf arf arf
<3 :)
>>
some of your problems are your fault
>>
File: 134576457346347.jpg (153KB, 1497x1000px) Image search: [Google]
134576457346347.jpg
153KB, 1497x1000px
>black women are family oriented
>black women like traditional gender roles
>they are more feminim than white women
>they only want to show their beauty to you, their husband
>they care about culture and history and not just sleeping with random chad
>they love you and not just your accesories
>they make good food

White women are litterly shit
>>
>>38571389
Wut? Visit black twitter dude
>>
>>38571365
Your conception of the brain and the "you" thing is at least 5 years out of date, my guy. It's been empirically proven that consciousness continues even when the brain is about 90-95% of its way to death and holds there, a coma scenario for example.
>>
>>38571413
>twitter
sorry i have better things to do than talking to eggs
>>
>>38571431

I'd like to hear more about this. Share a link.
>>
>>38571436
Like copypasting retarded and untrue shit in a sweatshop neet website?
>>
>>38571490
more like dropping real "black"-pills
>>
>>38568335
White privilege is literally the act of NOT acting like a criminal hooligan
>>
>>38571558
It's not being associated with those people through the circumstance of your birth.
>>
>>38571365
Yes, but isn't there a level of choice? For example by choosing to learn how to code I'm creating new pathways.
>>
>>38568363
Not really much of a blackpill. We still make decisions, whether or not they were predetermined. This concept changes nothing.
>>
File: 1378778798115.jpg (44KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1378778798115.jpg
44KB, 500x399px
>>38569547
Oh...Oh my,
That's brilliant anon!
Free will, The will to live, your will. it isn't free, it is controlled by outside factors, whether you think them aliens, your own hubris, or FUCKING GOD DAMN WOMEN
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.