[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/S.T.A.L.K.E.R./ Such is life in the zone edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: How2Stalk.jpg (702KB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
How2Stalk.jpg
702KB, 1536x1250px
Hello friendos! Ivan decided to make this a daily thing, So come over here and post your questions, Or theorize.
>>
>>38565278
Bumping with good music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccTqH6639JA
>>
>>38565278
>you can find most mods here
>filefront.com

boy the years sure do fly, don't they ?

i haven't been enjoying vidya lately, slowly crawling back into a few games per day through far cry 4 and LoL (recently got an up-to-date GPU). I'm throwing the idea around to set up STALKER and go for yet another adventure, maybe explore CoC some more.
>>
>>38565505
>maybe explore CoC some more.
Congrats lad, I hope you start getting into it. It'll be a lot of fun anon
>>
>>38565791
it felt empty on the release but since they said it was basically a foundation for more community-made content, I think it deserves another shot now that some time has passed.

then again, a good old LURK playthrough of SoC is solid as fuck too. either way I'll be looking at some stalkan' in the nearby future.

also, i think you need to make these threads at a different time. it's early afternoon here (EUW) and activity dies down a bit around these hours. might be hard to get some buzz going then
>>
i loved walking around for hours exploring shit when i was a teen but nowdays i dont have the patience for these huge openworld games outside the very comfy ones
>>
>>38565961
>also, i think you need to make these threads at a different time
This, Honestly experiencing this with everything. The internet grinds to a halt at around 2PM UTC+1
>>
File: fof.jpg (80KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
fof.jpg
80KB, 900x948px
*nervous whimper*
>>
What's the consensus on Call of Misery? I want to try it out but heard it's really tedious at times.
>>
File: mod_it.png (1MB, 752x960px) Image search: [Google]
mod_it.png
1MB, 752x960px
I remember some mod, back in the time, when I had no taste in mods at all, just blindly tried everything when I just got into Stalker.
There were purple Monolith guys with funny voices with purple gauss rifles just like on picrel, also hell a lot of other stuff, like pizza, Snickers, also there was an artifact, that grants you almost full resistance to firearms, except the most lethal ones, but this effect wasn't stated in its properties, I've just randomly noticed it.
I just cant seem to recall its name, maybe somebody out here can tell?
>>
File: 1386201336444.gif (824KB, 247x255px) Image search: [Google]
1386201336444.gif
824KB, 247x255px
I recommend Autumn Aura 2 for SoC
rate cheeki/breeki mod
>>
>>38566512
I'm downloading Aurora autumn 2.1.1, Pretty exciting.

>>38566313
I have no clue.

>>38566149
What is wrong smol Pseudodog :( *pat*
>>
>>38566604
Is clear sky worth playing?
>>
>>38566629
You should first play Shadow of Chernobyl.
>>
>>38566604
Make sure you use the Steam release of SoC or a retail v1.0006 SoC; pirating and patching anything else to 1.0006 is unlikely to work, mine worked fine up until end of Red Forest but any further was an unfixable crash

>>38566629
Linear and not as deep as SoC or CoP; some really annoying parts like the Military Checkpoint after the start area (Swamps) and the end is lame; still worth playing
People recco you play SoC then CS then CoP (the engine and features are better with each game in that order) but you can play CS after CoP
>>
>>38566739
I bought it from Good old games, Will that work?
>>
>>38566138
Yeah, but the slowdown starts off even sooner. that's time zones for us
>>
>>38566853
launch it and if it says 1.0006 in the corner it should be fine
>>
>>38566912
Oh heck yeah, I'm getting kinda shit download speeds at the moment but I'm installing the mod right now
>>
>>38567007
Get ready Stalker
iirc the Aks-u stock unfold animation was orgasmic and you'll pop everytime you fire the SR-25

Have a /sg/ OP image I created 3 years ago
>>
File: Unlimited Slav Works.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Unlimited Slav Works.png
1MB, 1440x900px
>>38567067
Fuck my image
>>
File: 1442034274629.jpg (18KB, 160x192px) Image search: [Google]
1442034274629.jpg
18KB, 160x192px
Are there any fast-travel mods?
>>
I have a pirated version and patch 1.05 installed (also pirated), do u think ill have any problems? I cant find patch 1.06 with crack so i settled on 1.05. Also i installed the Absolute Nature and Absolute Structures mods, game seems to be launching fine. Im trying to install the Shaders Max mod, do i just move the gamedata folder into the Stalker dir?
>>
File: 1471101950038.jpg (469KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1471101950038.jpg
469KB, 1280x853px
>>38566739
>>38566697
Thanks lads, I'll play them in order and not skip CS

One last question: are the starter packs in OP image still recommended for a first playthrough for all games?
>>
>>38567134
Yes, all they do is pretty up certain graphical aspects and add to the weather and immersion
Don't remember what sky reclamation is like but atmosfear and absolute are great
>>
>>38567110
>do i just move the gamedata folder into the Stalker dir?
To install a STALKER mod you have to edit fsgame.ltx, And you can see a string that says ''Gamedata FALSE|TRUE''. But you have to edit both of them to be true. And then make a folder called gamedata and drop your mod files in. You can easily remove the mod by deleting the gamedata file
>>
>>38565278
>no call of chernobyl listed
SHIT LIST
>>
>>38567376
This is an ancient OP image.
>>
>>38567413
should have mentioned it at least honestly
if you never played STALKER before i would always recommend Call of Cernobyl because it mashes all 3 games together to make something vastly superior (and the Azazael mode is fun for beginners )
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw19OUuaBoo
was blasting this track downtown last night from my subaru lmao
thanks ivan
>>
>>38567437
forgot to add its also easy af to install because it comes as own game and only needs CoP installed somewhere on your HDD which means even people who cant into installing mods can do it ezpz
>>
>>38567083
Have another

>Gates of Slavalon
>I will never be able to get back to January 2014, make /sg/ images and play Stalker for days straight
>>
>>38565278

ITT: Ruskiboos talk about their outdated game.
Also, this belongs in /v/
>>
I thought this game would be good but it's shit.

>gunplay is shit, all guns are peashooters
>can't travel and be comfy because there's a billion bandits along the roads
>radiation acts as invisible walls
>every main quest is a fetch quest (go steal the documents, go get the flashdrive, go get the lab key, etc.)
>stealth is bad as well
>>
File: Gate of Slavalon.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gate of Slavalon.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>38567478
fuck sake image
>>
>>38567504
>gunplay
use a better mod (Call of Chernobyl)
>Radiation acts as invisible walls
just get gear that protects from radiation
not hard desu
>quests
yeah many are kinda similar but theres mods for that too
>stealth
imo working pretty good but thats probs subjective
>>
File: dancing cheeki.gif (166KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
dancing cheeki.gif
166KB, 600x534px
What do I do except being an errand boy in Call of Chernobyl? I also don't really get the rep system and don't see how it benefits me in any way, is there something else I can do but bring some lazy cunt in the bar weapons/save his worthless friends? These are the only things I've done so far, I am also shit at finding artifacts, don't even know where to start. Maybe I should go up more north, I've been keeping myself down at the Duty base for quite some time now.
>>
>>38567857
Well, it's essentially for people who have played the games and know their way around the Zone.

It's a freeplay mod where it all just comes down to you surviving be and "making" your own story.
I recommend Call of Misery for a more engaging experience.
>>
Just launched the autumn aurora mod, And the game keeps crashing on me :/, What do lads?
>>
>>38568087
Did you read the readme, FAQ and check the moddb comments for possible related fixes?
else head over to /vg/ stalker general and ask
>>
>>38568123
Sure. I'm first going to patch back to 1.001, And then to 1.006 since i used like an exe file to patch it.
>>
>>38568123
I read through the readme, And you arent supposed to change the graphical preset, Boy oh boy am I stupid
>>
>>38568157
I pray your AA2 game doesn't fuck up like mine Anon
>>
>>38568293
Still doesnt work :(, I head over to VG and asked them what to do, >>183588323
Here is my post for anyone who is wondering.
>>
File: IMG_2123.jpg (71KB, 534x542px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2123.jpg
71KB, 534x542px
Just started playing Shadow of Chernobyl. It's my first stalker game. Any tips? I got past the first quest with the flash drive.
>>
>>38568379
Stay the fuck away from blood suckers, Also be a good boy with duty since you get the best shit with them
>>
>>38568342
If they can't help you I suggest you pick up SoC from Steam rather than mess around with patching a non-Steam SoC, I could never get it to work otherwise

>>38568379
Manually safe often in a new save file
Always carry some energy drinks for when you need/want to sanic, it's a good tactic for avoiding woof trains
Obokan is raifu-tier and viable for the entire game
The Viper SMG is a great everywhere gun or backup for cheeki and animals, it's weak against mid-late game human enemies with high armor values
You will never run out of ammo for it

There's multiple endings and your choices or lack of choices will determine which ending you get; don't look them up until you play the game at least once
>>
>>38568575
Do you have any other mods to suggest?
>>
>>38568379
check ZRP Zone Reclamation Project. it fixes bugs and stuff, offers some optional little mods and doesn't really change the vanilla feeling of the game. stay away from Complete, especially on your first run
>>
>>38568606
Nope I haven't played in at least 3 years, best see what's in the /vg/ thread and ask
>>
Which game should I play instead of SoC? I've already played through the beginning so many times and watched the full game on YouTube so I'd rather skip ahead. I own all three on Steam and GOG.com. I wish a robot with a calming voice would do roleplay streams.
>>
>>38568699
Call of Pripyat
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.