[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living alone or living with roommates?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1426960126020.jpg (1MB, 2717x2717px) Image search: [Google]
1426960126020.jpg
1MB, 2717x2717px
I'm starting university soon so I'm moving out like a big boy.

Living with roommates reduces rent with at least 30% and I think that it might make it easier for me socially because I'll probably be able to go to parties/social gatherings with my roommates.

With that being said, how big is the chance of getting with a shitty roommate? How bad is it then? I'm mainly concerned about hygiene.
>>
Live alone. If you are in a studio within the halls complex it's just as social as being with flatmates but you don't have to share a kitchen or be forced to be around them constantly. There is a VERY high chance you will cunt at least a couple of people you despise as flatmates. I can assure you if you are living alone you will still find it very easy to make friends as long as you put yourself out there in the first week or two .In addition many studio flats are arranged in corridors of 12 or so studios so you still have the 'flat squad' setup without sharing a toilet. I spent 5 years at uni, stayed in normal halls, a crackden frat and a posh studio and the latter was objectively the best.
>>
nothing is worse than roommates.
NOTHING.
>>
Normies get out. This board is for neets.
>>
Your roommate can really make or break your experience. My first year in school I lived in the dorms and had a dope ass roommate I met most all of my friends through, we both had girls so we alternated being at home most nights and he was my fucking boy. We gymed and watched all of sons of anarchy as well as got caught up on games of thrones together. He got me back into 2k as well

The second year I got an introverted roommate who was home all the time, id be out practically 90% of the time so it was annoying as fuck he was home on the ocassions I came back to the dorm. He liked similar shit to me like video games and shit, but we didn't clique.
>>
>asking this question on r9k

NOW GOOD THING IM A CYBORIC NORMIE!!!

You really should live with other people. You want to make friends? This is the way to go. You want to develop as a person? This is the way to go. You will still have privacy AND you will save money.

If you wanto get invited to parties, then it's MUUUUUCH better to have roommates. Don't be a fucking shut-in, don't be like the rest of this board. This is your time to change. Take this challange and make the best of it.
>>
>>38563289
WOOOOHOOOOHOOOOO IT'S CHAD EVERYBODY!

also
>this whole thread
>>
>>38563293
How big is the chance that I'll get with a bad roommate? And if I do, how do I manage?
>>
>>38563086
Three years of experience with roommates here.

I would say if you have the money, chose to live on your own. Or at least, have your own bedroom. NEVER EVER share bedroom, especially if you are sensible to noises. As a student you'll have to think a lot, and thinking with a sleep deprived mind will make you hate life, trust me.

If you are going to rent a room in an apartment choose one inhabited by young workers, NOT other students (i'm talking people 24yo to 30yo who have a job). They are usually more mature, clean and respectful.

About stumbling upon shitty roommates: it's not a matter of chance. It WILL happen. Even if you don't hate them at first you will get to hate them. Students generally come from a situation where mommy did everything for them; they won't know how to take care of their living space. People often won't clean, leave their stuff everywhere, will do their dishes
DAYS after, etc...
>>
File: 1490164219489.png (131KB, 936x588px) Image search: [Google]
1490164219489.png
131KB, 936x588px
>>38563256
>>38563328
Fuck you. I do many normie things and still treated like shit/no friends.
>>
>>38563196
I haven't actually thought about the last point you made. I'm going to study in Stockholm so they don't have designated student housing but I'd assume that an apartment complex with multiple """"""""""cheap"""""""""" apartments would be pretty crowded by multiple students.
>>
If you're going to live with people try to find a solicitor and rent out rooms yourself. That should make them more tolerable.
>>
>>38563395
It's hard to answer this question, it depends on many things and your definition of a bad roomate. So what are you afraid of?

And even if the chance is really high, I would still take the risk. You will learn how to deal with people amd become more experienced.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.