[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is GoT worth watching or not?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1464417384669.jpg (87KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
1464417384669.jpg
87KB, 900x948px
is GoT worth watching or not?
>>
>>38537854
Not really.
But if you're on here you're probably looking for something to fill up the time in your days so you might as well.
>>
>>38537854
I mean, I'm not sure if I'd enjoy having to watch six seasons to catch up, But it's a genuinely good show and while the quality declines over time it never becomes terrible and there are always good episodes dotted amongst the bad.

The first three seasons are very good and if you haven't seen them yet you're in for a treat.

Put it this way, it's better than most shows. So if it's a choice between this and something else chances are this will be better.
>>
>>38537854
If you read the books, it's only faithful to them until like Season 4.
Also, GRRM is fucking garbage at making a realistic world.
>>
>>38537854
It's alright. If you are not watching anything else right now you might enjoy it.
>>
>>38537854
I weirdly love it. My sister got me into the book series long before it was a show.

I have read the books twice and have seen every episode. Every week my mom and I watch the show together. She bought us GoT shirts, blankets, and mugs to watch the show with. We have a no texting rule during the time and people know not to visit or call. I...I have a weird family.
>>
>>38537950
sounds autismo but kind of cute and I like it
>>38537949
>>38537895
dually noted
>>38537904
not the greatest endorsement but I will take it. I appreciate the time you take to break it down for me. I am not doing shit on the weekdays like other anons have mentioned and there is no limit to how much I can binge something I start to like.
>>38537920
reading is for nerds... but seriously I am surprised these books go back to the early 90s? but the show didn't take off until HBO and all that? why doesn't this guy just finish the damn series already?
>>
>>38538005
Because he's a fat fucking slob who would rather eat sixteen 7-11 hotdogs than write another chapter. He really fucked himself over by making them so convoluted and using so many perspectives.
>>
>>38537920
>realistic world
>fantasy world with magic
are you retarded? obviously it's not going supposed to be realistic when there's a gigantic wall made of ice
>>
>>38538136
He has peasants being shipped 500 miles from their homes at great expense to get slaughtered on the Stepstones. He has armies that are more than 30% mounted riders. He has Stannis fielding a fleet that costs more money than hiring a whole mercenary army. That's the type of stuff I'm more upset about.
>>
>>38538136
I was doing some reading about the show and saw that critics have praised it for the show's depiction of historical realism for the medieval setting.. which is cool.. and then of course everyone cries about the rape and torture and shit

...my question is what is with all the glorifying of children leaders though? the young blonde kid.. maisie character.. and now some little girl in the new season? that shit is kind of annoying to me
>>
>>38537854
It's all right. I'm at season four and losing a little bit of interest but, I've heard this newest season is pretty interesting. I plan on catching up with it.

Plus my GoT waifu Shae did anal before the show, and that was kind of cool and kind of infuriating to watch.
>>
>>38537950
That sounds super comfy m8.
Got isn't really my thing but I'm glad you enjoy it.
>>
>>38537854
any hate i've seen about it on /tv/ seems to be just because it's popular amongst normies and they get flooded with threads about it whenever it's currently airing. or because of the blatant pushing of a political agenda that is in pretty much every tv show and movie that has a certain amount of backing behind it.
>>
File: emil.gif (2MB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
emil.gif
2MB, 500x206px
>Tell my mom we should watch this new show Game of Thrones
>Read some of the books in highschool, remember them being pretty great
>Didn't realize how much on-screen fucking there would be
>She wants to watch more because she's an angel but I feel genuinely awkward about it
>She asked me once if the sex scenes made me uncomfortable and I told her it was OK because I was embarrassed (grew up in a strict Christian home)
>I have reached Season 3 like this

Pretty much ruined the show for me, lads. She keeps getting me the blu-rays for Christmas gifts and saying we should watch more of it.
>>
DUDE CELEBRITIES LMAO
>>
>>38538178
Yeah come to think of it, a lot of the world is shit
The armies and fleets are insanely big
>>
I tried watching it, never got it. The only TV shows I actually ended up watching were true detective, Dexter, Hung, and true blood
>>
>>38538387
>true blood
i could never get passed the first episode. it seemed like it was just an edgy twilight.

i'd rather watch vampire academy just because i think the 'nerdy' girl is cute.
>>
>>38537854
Yes. But you should read the books first if you don't want to be a pleb
>>
File: the-leftovers-ep208-55-32.gif (2MB, 618x382px) Image search: [Google]
the-leftovers-ep208-55-32.gif
2MB, 618x382px
Anyone watched the leftovers, amazing show, finishing up the last season. If you're looking for something to watch I recommend it
>>
>>38537920
>GRRM is fucking garbage at making a realistic world.
But he explains Danaerys' tax policies?
>>
File: 1498985157178.jpg (153KB, 1067x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498985157178.jpg
153KB, 1067x720px
>>38538178
Remember the last season where Theon and his sister lose the Kingsmoot and resolve to steal the entire iron islands fleet? They literally skip to the scene where hundreds of ships are sailing away while there's no explanation about how they managed to do it, let alone do it without their uncle noticing. It was so blatantly retarded.
>>
>>38537854
Yes, it's worth watching. The first episode is really boring but once you get past it the show is very entertaining -- especially if you binge watch it.
>>
>>38537920
>it's only faithful to them until like Season 4.
Till the end of season 2. Season 3 is different than books.
>>
>>38537854
No. It's normie shit that they gawk over because it's slightly risque without being repulsing. It's mostly just a talking point.
>>
>>38537854
Only watched up to the seventh episode. I believe that normies adore it only because it's based off a novel so it makes them feel really smart watching tits and gore. Production values are nice but it's on premium cable so you'd hope they would make it look nice.
>>
>>38537854
Na, the fat fuck writer just kills of any character that seems to be getting anywhere
>>
>>38538296
Just watch them, your mom probably just wants to spend time with you
>>
>>38538782
The show rewrites, removes, and adds in whole characters and plot lines as early as the first goddamn episode of season one.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.