[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What defines redditness?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed (1).png (8KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).png
8KB, 310x310px
What defines redditness?
>>
faggotness.
>>
>>38537458
If you laugh at a meme but realize that it wasn't funny, it was probably from reddit. If you're repulsed by it's simplicity, and artificial blandness, it was definitely from reddit.
>>
overuse of "4chan lingo" and unironically trying to fit in here
>>
>>38537458
really really shit memes and poor execution
>>
>>38537909
ey nice original word
>>
think of normies
they are reddit
every single last bit of them
>>
Popular opinion.
>>
>>38537458
Their puns
>>
>>38537458
Making threads like this on the storytelling board of an anime website.
>>
File: play.jpg (18KB, 480x474px) Image search: [Google]
play.jpg
18KB, 480x474px
>>38537458
>uninformed virtue signalling
>shitty normie memes
>spacing
>being a good goy
>>
>>38537458
Wanting to have opinions, personality and aspirations because you think it will make you appear more favorable in the eyes of others but only doing it in the most nondescript way possible that couldn't possibly communicate anything or offend anybody.

Bit of a mouthful, but you get the idea. They're insufferable douchebags that use everything as a projection of their insecurities and they can't even be bothered to do it in a way that's entertaining. And really only for the worst reasons
>>
heres a question:
is 4chan (and /r9k/ in particular) groupthink?
>>
>>38539221

I use a lot of spacing... but I usually never go to reddit.
>>
>>38537458
Circlejerks
>>
Wanting to discuss anything related to reddit on 4chan.
>>
>>38537458
having an account on reddit
>>
>>38537458
Their comment section or whatever it's supposed to be called is always full of shit like pic related.
It's a bunch of faggots trying to one up each other on the most shit tier puns or jokes they can come up with for upboats or gold.
>>
>>38537458
There is not consistent set of features that define it, the sites culture much like 4chan is too hard to peg down outside of some "lingo". It's like trying to get a consistent set of descriptors for hipsters.

Do you space posts? Do you like Rick and Morty? Do you claim any sense of morality besides nihilistic jaded bitterness? It's a scape goat, nothing more.
>>
mentioning the word "meme" in a real life situation
watching rick and morty
trying to make themselves look intelligent over the internet
usually autistic and into roleplaying
>>
>>38537458

It's hard to describe, but that smug, self-righteous posting style and condescending tone. You just know it when you see it. What I like about 4chan is that most of us know we're worthless and not very smart, but on reddit those people think they're so fucking intelligent and important.

Also, their preference for boards to be extremely over-moderated and curated is just disgusting...It's like they want the mods to "protect" them from posts that are too offensive. I honestly hate everything this site stands for.It's annoying when you go into a thread and most of the posts say [removed]
>>
memes with no redeeming qualities along with users who don't know how to lurk
>>
Calling someone a newfag preemptively because that's the only 4chan meme they know and they are scared people will know they aren't from here.
>>
Reddit seems to have this always happy and playful type vibe to it (in a bad way)
Like, they feel fake and overly simplistic.
They have this moral faggityy attitude about things and have this unnatural vibe to them.
Like they act happy when deep down they know they aren't.
>>
endless "jokes" are just stupid references that people upvote to make them feel like they're part of something
>>
>>38537458

One of the brilliant things that moot understood, was that having too many boards wasn't actually a good thing. People always hounded him to create more, but he was often hesitant. If you go on reddit, it's easy to see why: if anyone can make their own board, then it becomes fucking boring. Most places on reddit don't allow opposing viewpoints because the boards are specifically meant for fans or adherents. On 4chan when you have more general boards people are basically forced to come together to argue
>>
Over propensity to act in an "in" way. Redditors are easily identifiable because they all tend to act in the same way because, on Reddit, if they don't they get downvoted. Or they get upvoted more when they do. They tend to speak in the same way, like similar things, hold similar opinions. All their jokes are phrased in similar ways. All their tastes in movies, music, art tend to be similar because when they search for a new movies they search Reddit.

You only have to look at a single Reddit comment thread to notice how fake everyone is because they get more upvotes when they pander to the crowd.
>>
>>38537458
pasta

this shit right here is why I can't stand this fucking website anymore

every single one of you reddit faggots is so fucking self absorbed that you can't get it through your thick fucking skulls that nobody gives a shit about you

quit pussyfooting around like you're wearing clown shoes in a minefield and stomp on some fucking toes

>no offence
fucking offend someone P L E A S E

t h e r e i s n o s u c h t h i n g a s i n t e r n e t p o i n t s

none of this shit matters, speak your fucking mind and move on

>not my cup of tea
>not
>my
>cup
>of
>tea

every single one of you faggots should get that tattooed on your fucking forehead so nobody with half a fucking brain cell ever has to interact with you for the rest of your shitty life

nobody.gives.a.single.shit.about.your.tea

pretending to be eloquent on an anonymous bhutani weather forecasting bulletin board will accomplish literally nothing

if you don't want to shitpost, how about say something of actual substance rather than an entire post of meaningless filler designed only to make the reader think that you had something worth saying

what about
>they've been doing this shit forever and we've always won these fights, because they lack passion. the only reason they're doing this is that they think someone might get offended by this particular art at some point so they'd better stop it being made before then. people who actually care about their art will always win, because if they lose they'll never have another opportunity to make and enjoy the things they love

or just call someone a faggot originally and move on with your day, but don't come around here with that weak ass reddit shit like your fucking mom is reading every fucking post you make

stop pretending you're doing anything other than pissing into a sea of piss and neck yourself
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.