[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 13

File: marines-military.jpg (74KB, 911x683px) Image search: [Google]
marines-military.jpg
74KB, 911x683px
Why don't you join the military, /r9k/?

>structured and handheld life, no option but to be in shape

>decent NEETBux (except they arent really NEETBux)

>learn a useful skill as long as you can do basic math and reading (just need a good score on the ASVAB)

>chad and stacy will respect you

>if you go infantry you get the opportunity to go kill ragheads every now and then
>>
>>38537251
If you join the military as an autist, you will get fucking harassed and bullied. Being in the military requires teamwork, hard work, good communication skills, and the good sense to know when to shut the fuck up, all of which a robot lacks.
>>
>>38537283

Yeah, after seeing Full Metal Jacket I didn't want that happening to me
>>
>>38537251
giving your life to a country is the gayest thing you could do
>>
Aren't you basically just enslaving yourself by going military?
>>
>>38537268
OP here, You don't have to even go to war

you can get all the same perks and shit and just work a decent deskjob or something that takes you out in the field but puts you outside the line of fire like radio repairman or diesel/aircraft mechanic

the only people who will mock you will be the 03xx kids that will call you a POG

>>38537283
if you're a literal autist yes you're obviously disqualified

however if you can just do what someone tells you you'll be fine. after you get IT'd (punished) a few times you'll fall into place

>>38537308
like I said, you don't have to be infantry. aircraft/diesel mechanics have it pretty good and so do motor transport and intelligence
>>
>>38537251
they rejected me, just like everyone else.
>>
>>38537315
not necessarily, your life is just very structured and planned out for 4 (+2) years.

you can also just go on a reserve contract where you are a weekend warrior once a month and 2 weeks in the summer
>>
File: 1474180861363.png (171KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1474180861363.png
171KB, 657x527px
Already did, going to commission next June, hoping to branch Signal and remain in staff as S6, being a PL is suffering.
>>
>>38537251
I started talking to an army recruiter the other day and he showed me all the different jobs in the army

What job would you guys recommend?

I was thinking about 92Y but it seems kinda boring
>>
>>38537405
Which branch and what are your MOS choices in order?
>>
>>38537405
What's wrong with 2L?

OP here, this is what I've done:

I enlisted into reserves with 0331 MOS and I ship for boot in about a year since I enlisted at a weird time, right out of high school.

Since I'll be a reservist I can still go to school but my main goal is to enter the PLC program where I commission after going to 2 6-week OCS courses in the summers and completing my degree.

Does that sound far fetched or retarded?

Should I leave DEP and just go to PLC as a civilian?

Thanks.
>>
>>38537251
Kertaconus in right eye. If I could have joined the army and escape my bipolar mother and mentally retarded stepfather. I would have long ago. If there is a god he did this to me on purpose as a cruel joke.
>>
>>38537251
I did join. I leave for basic next week
>>
File: AZPbEfn.gif (1MB, 317x204px) Image search: [Google]
AZPbEfn.gif
1MB, 317x204px
>>38537251
because I am an artist that can't live in confined spaces, mentally or physically
>>
>>38537631

good man

praying for you anon
>>
I was accidentally racist when talking to the recruiter.
I thought they would like it but they didn't.
>>
>>38537251
I'm joining the Navy.

The military is a great jumping off point for me. In English and Reading, my ACT scores are well within the 99th percentile, and my Science score is in the 90th percentile, but my math is in the 50th percentile because algebra is a bitch. Ironically, I'm great at math math, but fucking trigonometry and algebra do me in like no other.

So, I figure, I can become a Russian translator, I'm already learning Russian, and I can get free college from military as well as great credentials if I am a translator for the Navy.

Become like an ambassador or diplomat, would be pretty cool until I get poisoned.
>>
I would be grateful to be a truck driving POG, but I'm medically disqualified. Such is life I guess
>>
>>38537536
Army, my top 3 were signal, cyber, and MI

>>38537538
I don't mind working with small teams, but a whole platoon can be hard to manage.

>Does that sound far fetched or retarded?
Not really, i was a prior service reservist too but unless you have a good job lined up after college, i would advise going active.
>>
I'm in the military and I'm getting out in 3 months after serving 5 years.

So glad its almost over.
>>
>>38537808
To add to this, I'd always wanted to be a bradley crewman/abrams crewman, or inf/cav scout
>>
>>38537251
Already did, wait for a ward kids. Right now it's all pretty much quite and rules are strict. Rules relax during a war and short term contracts come back. If you join right now, unless you're a superstar and suck a mean dick, you'll be a janitor/gardener for the first 3 years (think: the black landscaper in the "Get Out" movie trailer)
>>
>>38537251
There's more rules and obligations than just being in shape man, it's not worth the trouble and upward mobility is slow like molasses.
>>
>>38537511
Don't do it M8, wait for a war, get a short term contract with a job that's in short supply so you can get a signing bonus. Now's not the best time.
>>
I wanna join the navy. I'm scared as fuck I wont get into it, tho. I've been getting used to failure lately.

If I don't I'll probably kill myself.
>>
why would i want to associate with nazis
>>
I joined back in 2010 and got put in 11chuck instead 11b like I wanted. already did my time. I'm actually a disabled veteran. Ft. Drum was fucking cold and gay.
I wouldn't really recommend it for arcanines
I can remember browsing /r9k/ in the barracks in winter 2011, clear as day.
>>
I'm an air force fag, currently stationed in Korea until February, then off to Germany

I work 8 to 5, much of the time is spent at a desk, the rest is working with electronics
PT is on my own most of the time, I usually go lifting(free 24hr gym)
I make enough money that I currently have $10k in the bank despite not even being particularly thrifty
I get 30 days of paid leave per year, I'm about to go to the Philippines to hang out at the beach and fuck traps

HOWEVER
There's a lot of stupid bullshit in the enlisted military. Lots of restrictions and getting treated like children, "mandatory fun", and PC culture. Plus the military is full of normies and chads. Also minorities if that bothers you
>>
>>38537251
>Why don't you join the military, /r9k/?
I plan to. I'm working out at the moment so I'm /fit/ enough to apply in a couple of months. I've had meetings with army careers officers and everything.
>>
>>38539995
>joining the literal worst branch
>>
>>38537251
But will you make the cut to even get through basic training? Most of the people who make the attempt drop out.
>>
>>38540053
More like joining the easiest branch. I cant swim and i hate flying.
>>
>>38540102
>thinks that joining the air force means he will have to fly
If you're this dumb then yeah maybe the army really is the best fit for you
>>
>>38537251
What if you get rejected for being too damaged?
>>
Dropped out during basic.
At university now.
Enjoy misery milfriends.
>>
>>38540102
Pretty sure water exercises are included in basic no matter what branch you're angling to get into bruh.
>>
>>38540357
They aren't. The closest thing in the Army and AF is the thing in the obstacle course where you cross the rope over water
>>
>robot officers in this thread
oh god
>>
File: wojak.jpg (36KB, 680x329px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
36KB, 680x329px
>>38537251
>Drafted
>Desided not to dodge
>Bullied by other soldiers because i try to ignore them
>Sergeant thinks I'm a weak fag
>Food is not edible
>Wake up with shaving cream on me almost daily
>Other soldiers in my squad bitch to me about me doing nothing while I'm the only one that cleans that shithole
>Only learned how to march and haven't touched a gun
I hate it here
>>
File: IMG_2123.jpg (71KB, 534x542px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2123.jpg
71KB, 534x542px
>>38539828
what job in the air force friendo
>>
Stop lying to those robots, anon.
>>
>>38537251
Because I'm a quitter and they don't let you quit.

Another way to put it is I enjoy freedom, and not being harassed (one reason I'm not begging for work, the harassment issue of being disposable as a new soldier).

And it's unethical. I would probably never kill someone, but if I did I would want to do it hot blooded, not cold.

And finally I live in the now, not years from now, so for the same reason I won't torture myself with secondary education, I won't go that rout either, just so at the end of the day you get respect, when I actually have to live today and tomorrow.
>>
The military is a good option, just don't join the Marines because there are only 4 jobs that arent bullshit. Go into the airforce if you can.
>>
>>38537251
In my country it is mandatory for all males to serve 2 years + reservice to they are 40 years old.
The pay isn't even that great mind you its about 400 usd a month. Even working at macdonalds has a higher pay (about 1600 usd minimum pay), you also have to know that the cost of living in singapore is the highest in the world. So the 400 usd per month is practically worth nothing. Tbh I don't wanna waste my early 20s (technically 19) in the army. On its own its already a 2 year delay to your studies putting you 2 years behind your female counterparts. Which to me 2 years is quite a big disadvantage. Who knows, maybe if i'm lucky my lazy eyes/double vision will exempt me from combat positions?
>>
>>38539828
fucking nonner.

>recruiter hooks me up with this neat-o job
>crew chief
>originally was going to work 135's
>switched to b-52s
>they still have that plane?
>stuck in minot for 5 years
>>
>>38537251
I wasn't selected on mandatory conscription because I didn't want to be a foot soldier. Now I have nothing to do with my life and wish I had joined the force
>>
I got in the romanian armed forces,but there is nothing to do,like only 5% of soldiers see action.
>>
>>38537720
You're fucking retarded. Why would think a force for the protection of all people that is like 50% minority already would like racism?
>>
I just graduated from MCRD SD. Currently on boot leave. Check into MCT SOI West on Tuesday.

Boot camp isn't like you guys think.
>>
>>38537251
because i'm a retard?
>>
>>38537251
Already did. It's pretty easy too. You just can't be a fatass or someone who complains a lot and is easily depressed.

People act like I'm making some sacrifice, when I'm really just watching anime and posting on 4chan half of the time. The rest of the time, I'm either practicing stuff I do on a submarine or I'm on a submarine doing the stuff I practiced.

Other guys say being on a submarine is hard, and some kill or try to kill themselves, but I don't see the big deal about it.
>>
Daily reminder that NAVY and AIRFORCE are the robot branches. They have the most Technician and engineering jobs and better living conditions. You might even be stationed in Animu Land, kek. Army is for Chad. I leave for basic training in 3 months. Go Navy!
>>38537796
Good taste
>>38539828
Good taste
>>
>>38537251

I have bad posture due to sitting on my ass all day I doubt they'll let me in
>>
>>38545354
You can work on that, my postures not the best and I got in. No excuses, go talk to a recruiter right NOW.
>>
>>38544887
>Boot camp isn't like you guys think.
Meaning what?
>>
just join navy as a nuke like I did, everyone is a beta autist so u fit right in
>>
I've been losing weight and working out. How soon should I talk to a recruiter? Feels like a waste of time atm since I can't even do a pushup
>>
File: 1499926439962.jpg (158KB, 882x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499926439962.jpg
158KB, 882x960px
I'm thinking that if I don't get into a good college, or if I end up disliking my course, I'd like to try joining the navy. I can't swim, and I'm terrified of drowning, but I'd love the feeling of being out on the open ocean with blue skies above and blue ocean below.
>>
Is 19K any good? I just want to do tank stuff.
>>
Actually wondering if I should drop out of college and enlist in the navy, what do you guys think?
>>
>>38542185
>And it's unethical. I would probably never kill someone, but if I did I would want to do it hot blooded, not cold
if you're not an 11 boom boom you're not going to be doing jack shit, and on the 5% chance you did see combat, you think you're going to be killing begging children? you're going to be shooting at goatfuckers that are shooting at you
>>
>>38545477
>just do nuke bro!
[internal screaming]
>>
>>38537251
Can't join when you're a schizo
>>
>>38545675
yeah the military never kills civilians
>>
for perspective I'm 23 years old
> 3-4 year commitment
Although I've been contemplating over 5 years and would have finished already. It's also fairly likely I'll be unable to make real use of the next 3 years at home.
> only interesting job is photography but most likely will require me to be in combat situations
> not willing to risk my life for a country I'm merely occupying
> unlikely to make use of the free schooling
> body dismorphia, do not want others see me especially naked in a public shower.
> going in for just "a job" might be a huge mistake when I haven't even bothered to get a regular job first.
> It's a risk
it might work out for me, I might come out a grown up, or I might hate the fuck out of it. Either way I'm just wasting my days away right now.
>>
>>38537251
I goto basic in September. I can't wait
>>
>>38537317
>intelligence

I'm imagining these full on autists giving a powerpoint briefing to hundreds of infantrymen. Those types need charisma to survive.
>>
I have to get college credit in order to join any decent branch because I only have a GED.
>>
>>38537283
>systematic bullying by peers in the military

Drill sergeants are tough yeah but i don't see much room for actual cruel, demeaning childish bullying. perhaps when the normies get bored in the desert and want to pick on anyone who's robotic in the slightest but if there really is no social pressure and its all objective based with no biases towards each other than that would probably be comforting to robots.
>>
>>38545836
close to never yeah
it happens sure, but only in isolated cases. this isn't 1945.
>>
>>38545836
>"""civilians """
>>
> forced to socialize with peers

Do you not realize how terrifying this is?
>>
>>38544887
It gets worse in the fleet, dont data dump everything from bootcamp. Fresh up on your knowledge before you go.
>>
File: 1492920374023.png (81KB, 632x758px) Image search: [Google]
1492920374023.png
81KB, 632x758px
DO NOT FALL FOR THIS MEME

Everything about the military is a fucking lie. It sucks, every thing about it sucks. You will never get to operate. It's full of feminism, bureaucracy, niggers, and the dumbest people on the planet. Like if you don't want a job because you don't want to deal with job drama, the military is the worst possible alternative. And if you are a lazy NEET BCT is just going to fuck your body up and give you the worst depression and anxiety regardless of how well you fake it.

>>38537511
if you go through with it, just make sure it isn't anything OSUT. You get treated like you're in BCT the entire time and you really don't want that. The one MOS that everybody said was great was 88m which is truck driving. All those guys said it was really easy and really chill training.

just don't be an idiot and pick something combat related because that's all a meme
>>
File: ac58.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ac58.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Currently in French Army Reserves and will be switching to active duty by the end of year, lots of assholes but the job is pretty cool and despite what I feared the ambiance is quite bearable even for a robot.

I aim to become a radio operator desu.

>tfw too fat for paratroopers regiments
>>
>>38537251
Tell me about basic math, legit mathematical retards can survive in the army?
>>
>>38537251
Till what age do they allow you in?
>>
File: '.jpg (3KB, 124x106px) Image search: [Google]
'.jpg
3KB, 124x106px
>>38537251
>Why don't you join the military, /r9k/?
this
>>
File: wEBa8qQ.jpg (539KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
wEBa8qQ.jpg
539KB, 2304x1536px
The loan forgiveness and gi bill benefits are really tempting, as well as getting to be outside our cancerous mainstream society, in a circumstance that forces you to cultivate self discipline and getting to play the served my country card on normies and having gainful employment inventives. But my mental health and legal history prevents me from getting a worthwhile MOS and I could possibly be turned back at MEPS.
>>
>>38549354
*incentives, i.e., veterans preferences
>>
File: 1396531770728.jpg (56KB, 724x844px) Image search: [Google]
1396531770728.jpg
56KB, 724x844px
>>38537251

Whatever you guys do, don't believe this recruiters lies. I'm in the military and it fucking sucks. I'm not talking about a specific MOS or whatever, I mean this place is not built for our kind. They WILL NOT improve your social skills or mental health positively. In fact, I'd consider myself more depressed than before. I still have 3 years before I'm out. You guys don't want this.
>>
>>38545836
yes anon, every person who joins the military is going to kill a civilian
grow the fuck up
>>
>>38547601
>It sucks, every thing about it sucks. It's full of feminism, bureaucracy, niggers, and the dumbest people on the planet. Like if you don't want a job because you don't want to deal with job drama, the military is the worst possible alternative.

This pretty much. Reserves is the only way I can tolerate this shit now. I honestly have my fill after one weekend.
>>
>>38547790
of course
niggers, retards, fat dykes, they all have their place in the fucked up behemoth that is the Army
>>
>>38548091
Most services, with the exception of the Marine Corps, raised their enlistment and commissioning age limits to the mid-30s.
>>
File: 207412309721.jpg (10KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
207412309721.jpg
10KB, 258x245px
>>38539828
>tfw got a normal part time job like rest of society
>boring office job that i spent shitposting or playing games
>mfw 90k euros in the bank + 30k euros cash in home

>faggot is wasting his entire life to the military and be homeless aftger hes done think he got a good deal
lmaoo these threads crack me up every time
why would a robot even do this
>>
>>38537251
Why don't YOU join it?
>>
>>38537251
But i did. All i got was a fucked up back and a drinking problem. Damn near everyone i deployed with has or has had a drinking problem.
>>
>>38549670
I don't know man. He's in the air force and from what I hear, it's not as bad as people think it will be.
>>
File: 1495603275781.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1495603275781.gif
2MB, 200x150px
Failed the psychological exam.
>>
>>38537283
Depends on which branch you're fucking joining because oh boy can you get recycled or discharged or an article 15 for any fucking type of hazing around here.

Don't join the fucking military if you can't function on your own. Just know that joining the military doesn't make you a normal, you'll just be competent and alone.
>>
>>38539828
Af fag here too, how do you not be miserable here (on the inside of course)
>>
>>38537251
I got to Navy boot camp but was kicked out for medical issues despite what my recruiter said now i have no friends and go on 4chan I yearn for the void
>>
>politicians thinks he wants to fuck up/intervene/safe some country
>get drafted for shit war in some shit whole
>low quality food, life in shit country but it's all for "MUH COUNTRY"
>see people get fucked up
>get fucked up for muh country
>die by getting shot by some cunt in between all your chad squad members
>but you've died for muh country
>muh country turns out to be full of autists, chads, shekelsteins and staceys
>nobody cares about you being dead about from your family that will be devastated because their only son died for muh country

Going to war/military is just stupid. I don't even care enough about people close to me why the fuck would I care about a whole country full of shitheads I don't even know.
>>
>>38552856
>>Going to war/military is just stupid. I don't even care enough about people close to me why the fuck would I care about a whole country full of shitheads I don't even know.
I just want to let an ignorant sop like you know that you wouldn't be posting on the internet right now if there was no military in place. I'll let you figure out why.
>>
>dying for the interests of the kikes is somehow related to the fact that Anon has an internet conexion

yeah ok KEK
>>
>>38554145
>you die if you join the military
xd
>>
>tfw got cushy engineering job lined up but kinda want to go airforce
It's the stupidest decision I could take, but boy do I feel like being stupid for some reason.
>>
>>38537251
Took the meme way in and went civil service with mil training/reservists. Its a good life my dudes
>>
In the military right now.
>>
>>38545848
off topic but how severe is your body dysmorphia? do you see your dick smaller than it is?
>>
>>38537251
>beta from high school went reserves
>works at wally world now
>chad cousin went army
>went in fit and came out with bitch tits
>salary is a fucking joke but muh free college
>(dropped and reenlisted within half a semester)
>chad jodys will cuck your wife while you're on tour regardless of how big your dick is
>women only go for marines and navy
>chair force and ants get fatty scraps
>cost guards get ropes and fleshlights
>no man in fucking history has gone for military roastie
>most shack up with other personnel
>you will most likely get bullied in basics or on base
>COs wont do shit because muh be a man
>VA office is worse than dmv
>will come back from combat mentally fucked and more suicidal than usual
>will get yelled at a lot
Yeah no thanks
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.