[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trying to become interesting. Are these hobbies good enough?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: X3D4hCy.jpg (344KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
X3D4hCy.jpg
344KB, 1024x1024px
Current interests in which I can hold a strong conversation, philosophy, literature, history, and debating (debate clubs).

Active interests: the gym. I am unfit at the moment, but I am bulking up at a decent pace.

Artistic interests: I am going to start doing photography. My grandfather is a professional so I plan to do a fair bit of it with him. I also hope to get decent at creative writing.

Does the above info seem like enough for me to be interesting on paper? (Don't care about being genienly interesting, just theoretically).

I have very low conscientiousness according to the big five and myself, so the only way I can motivate myself is by telling my self things like "people will hate me if I don't do X" so that's why this thread might seem like I'm focusing on what people think a bit much. In actual fact, focusing on what others thinks is healthy, otherwise I will just laze about. I am not self driven. I love external pressure and things such as exam dates, its the only thing that keeps from being a sloth.

Misc: I have done psychedelics a few times and plan on doing them again. This should make me interesting.

BTW I'm 18.
>>
File: 1499217580506.png (777KB, 777x777px) Image search: [Google]
1499217580506.png
777KB, 777x777px
>>38533312
If you try to pick up hobbies and interests just to seem interesting you aren't interesting. You can tell someone who's genuinely in love with the hobby from someone who uses it as a conversation starter. Gtfo.
>>
>>38533871

F u c k I n g p l e b

Who says that you can't do both? If I actually do find the hobby boring I will just drop it and replace it one that is both interesting to me and interesting to others.
>>
File: haHAA.jpg (57KB, 644x800px) Image search: [Google]
haHAA.jpg
57KB, 644x800px
>>38533871
>tfw the only thing i could ever see myself using a conversation about is either vidya or anime
I tried getting into drawing, learning an instrument, and using FL Studio but this shit is too hard. I wish I wasn't a brainlet.
>>
File: CuEszjQUEAAMiL-.jpg (116KB, 1437x909px) Image search: [Google]
CuEszjQUEAAMiL-.jpg
116KB, 1437x909px
>>38533312
Gosh just reading your post made me bored to death, I can't actually imagine how talking to you would be like.
>>
>>38533312
Are you trying to make friends in general or are you trying to fit in and make friends strictly with normies?
>philosophy, literature, history, and debating (debate clubs)
Protip: don't ever talk to normies about these things. They will either pretend to understand/be interested until you sperg out or they'll immediately begin distancing themselves from you. Basically, it will end badly 9 times out of 10. All of those interests are basically the epitome of being a walking fedora to normies.

You can talk about the gym once you start making visible progress though. Photography is okay as well, more so with women. I'd stay away from talking about creative writing unless you know the other person is interested in it as well.
>>
>>38533312
You'll be consumed with yourself and it'll even be more difficult to connect with other people. The best way to better your personality is to be married and have children.
>>
>>38534068

I am extremely introverted pretty bad at making friends but decent at keeping them when I find em. However, this is largerly irrelevent to my actual interests. I don't actually feel like Id be any happier if I had a gf or if I could make more friends. I mainly want more hobbies because I am vain. I think that people who are well rounded with there hobbies are impressive so I therefore want to have more hobbies so that I can seem cool inside my mind. But it will only seem cool in my mind if it seems cool in other peoples minds.

Apologies if my spelling/grammer is shit I'm dyslexic and ususally use voice software instead of typing.

My question seems kinda complicated now that I think about it...but as long as my hobbies aren't degenerate like watching TV or playing video games (I've done too much of this) I think I should be doing ok.

My main criterion is this: if one was good at all these hobbies would it make someone think "wow that's pretty cool that they are well rounded,intelligent, and can do all these things".
>>
>>38534108

I am consumed with myself. On personality tests whenever there is a metric for vanity or self absorption I score very high. However I'm not a narcacist, my friends also agree that I am vain, but that I show no signs of exploitative ness or vanity.
>>
>>38534052
Fair enough brah
>>
>>38534313
Why not try more thrilling hobbies then? Shit that you might view as dangerous. Who knows, you might find something that you like and look cool to other people in the process. Learn to ride a motorcycle, rock climbing, biking, skateboarding, cross country, anything that gets you outside and active.

Wish I could help more, but you sound pretty complicated and I don't really know what an 18 year old sees as 'fun.'
>>
>>38534570
That sounds fun. One of the main things that puts me off is that I took an IQ test a while ago and everything was fine except for my spatiel reasoning. My spatial reasoning IQ is 74. Ever since that test I've been kinda scared of doing more "active"and physical hobbies. But to be honest I'm pretty sure I could do something like rock climbing. Hmm, it would just have to be a hobby lower on the heiarchy of hobbies so that I don't spend too much time getting good at something in which I have a low skill cap.
>>
>>38534570
Thanks for the input BTW.
>>
>>38534766
No problem famalam.
Best of luck to you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.