[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anybody on /r9k/ who's Gen X and not a millennialfag?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: genx.png (278KB, 476x751px) Image search: [Google]
genx.png
278KB, 476x751px
Is there anybody on /r9k/ who's Gen X and not a millennialfag?
>>
File: Smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>38526917
*tumbleweed rolling*

I presume the answer is no.

However, I have a question: When is the end date for Millennials/Generation Y? Is it in 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, or somewhere else?
>>
>>38527445
That post is wrong and your old. Millennials start at 84
>>
>>38527445
I think it ends with the very last people old enough to remember 9/11, which would place the cutoff at around ~1995-1997, depending on how good the individual's memory was as a young child.

However most people are lazy and just go with a 2000 cutoff date. This makes people born in the 80s and early-mid 90s antsy, because it includes those born in the late 90s/early 2000s, who are widely considered cancerous.
>>
I'm here, Certified GenX
>>
>>38527499
1996 master race reporting in.

We're probably at the tail end of Gen Y or the very beginning of Gen Z. I remember 9/11 as well, though I had no idea what the fuck was going on. I left kindergarten early, watched the planes crash into the buildings and I thought I was watching some kind of movie, so I got bored and started playing Super Mario 64 kek
>>
>>38527541
>We're probably at the tail end of Gen Y or the very beginning of Gen Z.
Yep. Gallup says the former, but Jew york times says the latter.
>>
>>38527445
putting exact years on a generation isnt really possible because people have varying experiences and maturity levels, but right around the mid 90s is where the generational gap is clear.
>>
>>38527499
I think it's not just 9/11 that's important, but also life before the internet was ubiquitous.
>>
>my arbitrary labels mean anything!
Anyone born before about '87 will relate to gen X much better than millenials.
>>
I'm close being a 1983 New Year's baby. I feel like I identify and relate better with people of that generation than I do Millennials. Technically though I am still a Millennials myself.
>>
>>38527483
SOME sources say that, but those are minor and make no sense. 1984 is a date that feels like it was picked from a hat.

MOST say 1982. The media (years before the high school Class of 1999 graduated) made a big deal about the Class of 2000, including stories by Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, and Tom Brokaw who mentioned a new generation, Generation Y aka "Millennials", entering college in 2000.
>>
>>38527580
Internet became ubiquitous around 1995; those born in 1989 or so would be the last to have some memories before it became ubiquitous. This would cut millennials down to, what, 7 years? A generation can't be 7 years, that's too short. It has to be around 15-20.
>>
>arguing over the exact year as though there's an exact cutoff point.

there's people born in the early 80's that have both gen x and millennial qualities
>>
Implying the average poster isn't gen y
>>
36 here, born in (obviously) 1981. Never fealt I really belonged to Gen X or Y. Feels ambiguous man.
>>
>>38526917
I'm '83 so it depends who you ask. Do you have a question or something?
>>
>>38528080
There are 36 year olds who are born in 1980
>>
>>38528129
OK I'll rephrase it, I turned 36 this year.
>>
>>38526917
or stop trying to segment and compartmentalize this constuct of generations and accept that everybody is just a person, you can identify patterns, but thats what the human brain does autimatically anyway so dont take it too seriously
>>
I was the accidental late inclusion to a family of three gen x kids. Born in '83. Youngest by seven years. It was not a pleasant childhood. Dad had a vasectomy shortly after I was conceived. Declared bankruptcy around the same time. Bullied by my older siblings. Then they moved out and it was me and parents. Then parents divorced when i was 11. Like i said not pleasant.
>>
>>38528080
>>38528160
Did you graduate hs before or after 2000? I believe you're Gen X if you graduated before, silly a distinction it may be
>>
'73 baby here

Pretty much squarely in the GenX category.

Not that many of us on this board, for sure.
>>
File: 1486511651700.jpg (162KB, 960x694px) Image search: [Google]
1486511651700.jpg
162KB, 960x694px
>>38528226
Yes, 1999. I graduated in the 20th century.
I guess I'm Gen X then.
>>38528262
Hey Gramps! We're definitely few in number.
>>
>>38528262
You are legit old enough to be my dad

What brings you to this board, old timer?
>>
>>38527600
Some black people can relate to white people better than black people but that doesn't mean they're white
>>
>>38528320
Well, I started off going to /b/ for the humor about maybe 5 years ago, but that got old. So, I went around to other boards searching for something new, but most of it was crap.

I hung out in /biz/ for a bit but that's pretty much all crypto now, so I left.

I saw r9k and thought "Ok, I like robots, I'll see what's there" LOL. I honestly don't care about 90% of the stuff on here, but what I did originally like was talking about NEET life. Basically, I'm nearly set to retire and most of the NEET discussions (aside from the shitposting) I can contribute to in some way, so I do.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>38527499
hey, 97 here, why am i cancerous, or how am i more cancerous than those before me?
>>
>>38528521
Your peers brought fidget spinners, yoloswag,, Harambe, and fluid genders into mainstream popularity
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.