[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shaving thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: edgy.jpg (59KB, 620x466px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
59KB, 620x466px
Who /double edge/ here?
>>
File: market basket.jpg (79KB, 640x526px) Image search: [Google]
market basket.jpg
79KB, 640x526px
I unironically dry shave with these. They are like $2 for 10 of them so I don't have to spend a ton of time cleaning out the carts.
>>
>>38516700

Do you have the Trac II razor they go with? If so, where did you get it? I haven't seen one for sale before. My late granddad had one but I don't know where it is now.

Also did you ever try the yellow disposable Market Basket brand razors? They're actually the best disposable razors I've ever used and shave close, with minimal irritation. I would consider them very close to a good cartridge razor or double edge. It's insane considering you get 12 for a dollar.

They're much better than disposable Bics or other store brands of disposable ones.
>>
Meh. I used it now because I fell for the meme.

In all honesty there is really no difference between a safety razor and a disposable one.

I don't think it's even cheaper considering that I have to buy the blades online and pay shipping.
>>
>>38516700
>>38516720

Also, how the fuck do you DRY shave with them? Do you have just a little peach fuzz or something?

I'd fuck up my face if I tried dry shaving with a blade. To me, dry shaving is only okay with something like an electric razor. With a blade, man...I've tried it before and it was a terrible experience.
>>
The only thing I shave is my dick and balls.
>>
>>38516722

Do you have Target or Wal-Mart in your area? They sell double edge blades for cheap.

Just tried the ones from Target a couple of days back and it gave me one of the best shaves ever, and I was shaving off a full beard. Didn't even trim it down first.

It took about 30 minutes to shave it off, but no razor burn and only one tiny nick. A disposable couldn't have done it.
>>
It's so much better with mineral oil until you have to clean that shit up.
>>
>>38516768

I never tried that. Sometimes I do this thing where I wet my face and then rub glycerin soap all over it, then put a layer of shaving cream on top of the soap layer, then shave.

It works so well.
>>
>>38516791
It works well for you because your skin absorbs H2O faster than glycerin does. I, on the other hand, am cursed with chronic dehydrated skin. I tried it and it made it even drier.
>>
>>38516720
I'm not quite sure where the base came from. It was always just lying around my house. It might have been from rite aid. I've never used anything other than these or cheap rite aid blades.
>>38516736
I've always shaved my face dry since early high school because I was to lazy to us water/shave cream t b h. It burns a bit for half an hour - hour but it's not to bad.
>>
The "savings" of a double edge razor are a bit of a myth I think.

I shave ever 3 to 4 days (I wear a little stubble just fine so I don't shave every day) and I find that blades become dull after maybe three shaves. I dry them off after each shave so as to not get them to rust but they still go dull very quickly.

I hear faggots on the Internet say their's last for ages. Well certainly not mine.

And I buy a very old Japanese brand so I assume they are high quality stuff.
>>
>>38516644
Yea I fell for the DE meme and used such a razor for several months. Yes they can be quite a lot cheaper but it takes longer to shave well and it is easier to make mistakes. I switched back to gillette mach blades last week, so much better.
>>
I use an electric shaver.
>>
>>38516975

on your vagina
>>
>>38516644
I do normally just my face but thinking about branching out to other hairy areas on muh body
>>
>>38517701

The Market Basket disposable razors are really good for body shaving. Pity Market Basket is just in New England.
>>
File: 1494702620623.jpg (52KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494702620623.jpg
52KB, 960x720px
>been trying to grow a legit beard for like a month now
>all I get is this shitty pube beard that never grows past the "looks like you haven't shaved in a few days" phase

Fuck me
>>
File: Original Pepe.png (182KB, 417x372px) Image search: [Google]
Original Pepe.png
182KB, 417x372px
>>38517938

>Tfw could grow a full beard at 17
>>
>>38516644
I do. I also dry shave with it. If I'm shaving my beard off, I get it wet and let it soak for a bit. Comes right off.
>>
>>38517968
I'd leave it for another month and see if I can get it to go further, but it feels fucking awful going out looking like this. I'm trying to get more social but there's no way I can go out on a date looking like this.
>>
>>38517985

You can try shaving off the parts that are thinner, and growing the thicker parts a little more, if the pattern of growth is such that that would look okay.

Like if you have a fair amount of hair on your chin and above your upper lip, you could grow one of those doorknocker goatees.
>>
File: 1500369336700.png (192KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500369336700.png
192KB, 400x400px
>>38517938
>21
>still can't grow a beard of proper hair density and have a space between the bottom of my chin and my sideburns
>corners of my hair are cutting further and further up
Should I just start taking some supplements?
>>
>>38516644
>tfw look older and ugly when shaved
>>
don't fall for the double edge meme. they absolutely suck on your jaw+neck and you're going to nick yourself constantly. the little money they save just isn't worth the hassle.
>>
>>38519351

OP here. I think you're doing it wrong desu.

I shaved with a double edge just 2 days back like I said, got rid of like 2 weeks of beard growth, and it was very good on the jaw and neck.

These were new blades from Germany, Van der something. Really amazing shave.
>>
Does anyone shave their legs? Normal wet shave seems to work but I'm never 100% smooth
>>
My beard goes down to my chest.
>>
>>38519463

I shave them from time to time, but lately I've decided I like them better hairy. Really depends on my mood what I do with body hair. I used to live in a place with a lot of non-venomous ants with huge jaws, and they would crawl on my legs and bite onto my leg hair, so shaving my legs was a great way to just prevent the issue entirely.

It was also useful when I was really into swimming.

Now I live somewhere else and I haven't been swimming so I don't really see the point.

A double edge could probably work very well on leg hair to get them very smooth. When I was shaving my legs I didn't care about complete smoothness though. Mostly just getting off enough that ants couldn't bite the hairs and that I wouldn't feel slowed down in the water (I can't tell if it really made me faster, but it made me FEEL faster at least).
>>
>>38516738
>be on /r9k/
but why?
>>
File: xuvrBTU.jpg (233KB, 900x1150px) Image search: [Google]
xuvrBTU.jpg
233KB, 900x1150px
>>38516644
>Who /double edge/ here?
Reporting in.

What blades do you use?
>>
>>38516722

You can get 100 Astra blades for like $10-12 to your front door off amazon. That's insanely cheaper than any name brand cartridge razor.
>>
>>38520383

OP here. I most recently tried Van Der Hagen blades from Target. They gave me a fantastic shave.

I've also tried no-name ones from Family Dollar. They were horrible.

Feather blades were the first I tried. They were good...but so sharp that if you make even a tiny mistake you'll get nicked.

Also tried Wilkinson Sword blades, which are just "meh". Nothing really wrong with them, nothing that great about them.

But these Van Der Hagen blades are just amazing.
>>
Who /Harry's/ here?
>>
i trim :3
>>
>>38516644
>mfw when safety razor master race.
>mfw at college party and can do proper lines because of muh razor blade
>muh feeling like rock star
>millennial fags making lines with GNC membership cards
>>
>>38520775
>not having a platinum card for that exact purpose
>>
>ran out of safety razors one day
>too lazy to buy more
>fast forward 10 months to present day
>>
>>38516644
Switched from shaving cream to soap recently, can work up a lather much faster and less messy than using cream. You don't need to worry about squeezing too much or too little.
>>
I got some Braun electric razor for 12 years now, had to change the blades only once. Works great.
>>
>>38516644
Gillette fusion proglide with the proshield blade because i'm worth it.
>>
I use the Vikings Blade brand. Super sharp, and leaves my face smooth with no irritations. The skin on my face is super sensitive, and I use an acne medication which makes it even worse, so even the best cartridge razors leave me with lots of bumps and makes my face break out. Using the double edge one blade makes my face smooth, no razor bumps, and no acne. I just use regular barbasol shaving cream with it, and nivea aftershave. I was shocked when I first switched to using it. It took a little practice to get used to, but I always used the gillete fusion proglide for years and thought it was one of the best shaves on the market. Now I'll never go back.
>>
>>38520383
Wilkinson
>>
>>38516844
30$ for 100 feather blades. Even at 1 a week, that's nearly 2 years for the price of like 5-6 cartridges for a different razor.
>>
I need advice for shaving a ginger beard, statistically I have 1/3rd of the hair blondes have and it's very coarse (and it's starting to look like my fucking pubes) and it looks very faint if I don't grow it out long enough. My sideburns look fire but the hair on my chinny chin chin looks gross and scratchy :( how thin should I shave the outline of my chin?
>>
>>38522650
Don't be that guy, just completely shave your shitty face pubes.
>>
>>38516644
That's what I used to use but lately I've been going longer and longer without shaving. Thinking about getting a straight blade because my double-edged razor has a hard time when my hair gets over an inch long.

>>38522012
Good choice goyim!
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.