[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What engineering major should I choose, robots?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1461193070498.jpg (93KB, 630x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461193070498.jpg
93KB, 630x720px
What engineering major should I choose, robots?
>>
File: 1498791429605.jpg (66KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498791429605.jpg
66KB, 1280x720px
Autism Engineering w/ a Minor in Aspergers
>>
>>38512258
No anon a REAL MAN's major.
>>
>>38512235
>tfw no adorable gf who needs backrubs every night to relieve the tension caused by literally 20% of her mass being tits

Choose mechanical. It has the most job prospects.

I did chemical and I sort of regret it. I still got a good job (make $75k at 23 years old) but a lot of my classmates didn't get jobs because of how niche the field is.

Do not under any circumstances choose electrical.
>>
>>38512413
whats wrong with electrical?
>>
>>38512413

What about aerospace engineering?
>>
>>38512235
>What engineering major should I choose, robots?
What do you wanna do when you grow up? Tell us more about you
>>
File: RVw3aHF.jpg (449KB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
RVw3aHF.jpg
449KB, 1333x2000px
If all else fails software is decent if you enjoy programming at all.

The best way to see what major you want to do is to see what people with that degree do at work, and ask yourself if you would be willing to do that for the next 40 years.
>>
I recommend electrical. Out of all my friends who graduated. My electrical bros got jobs quicker and got good salarys.
>>
>Do not under any circumstances choose electrical.
W-what? Should I switch majors?
>>
I did electrical. Closer to computer. 80k right out of college. Though I hated every minute of it. Whatever you do, don't major in biomedical or aerospace. Those are the meme engineering degrees. Do mech if either of those fields interest you
>>
engineering is gay
>>
>>38513983
>engineering is gay
I agree but what's your point
we still make good money
>>
>>38513983
Does /sci/ still make "gay engineer" memes or is that out of date?
>>
>>38512235
Do computer science. It's a huge meme, but if you play your cards right, you can have a comfy programming job straight out of college. You just go in, program and listen to music for 3 hours, eat lunch, then program and listen to music for 4 more hours, then go home. You have to talk to nobody, and you enjoy an upper 5 digits to lower 6 digits pay check. What's not to like.
>>
>>38513978
This. Unless you know you live by a big employer, the smaller engineering disciplines are memes. Realistically, you can do mechanical, electrical, or civil pretty much anywhere but all the other engineers will shit on you if you pick civil.
>>
>>38512235
Mining. The mine is the robot's true home.
>>
File: smugsamy.jpg (76KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
smugsamy.jpg
76KB, 900x900px
>>38512235
>going to college
>not being self taught saving you thousands of dollars
>>
>>38514259
It's easier to get a real engineering job with a degree.
>>
>>38512563
>>38513978
>>38514165
I think aerospace engineering's viability is very dependent on where you go to school. At mine, it's actually among the largest engineering majors, and most major companies recruit from here. If I had a dime for every kid I know looking to work at Boeing, Lockheed-Martin, or SpaceX, I wouldn't have student loans right now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.