[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is San Francisco literally hell on earth? >Insane wealth/class

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: hell.jpg (182KB, 1112x626px) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
182KB, 1112x626px
Is San Francisco literally hell on earth?

>Insane wealth/class disparity, so anyone not well off is resentful
>destructive drug usage everywhere
>rent/cost of living is exorbitant
>well paying jobs have no work life balance
>everyone who's employed is miserable, and overworked
>buying power is laughable, even for the "good" jobs; everyone works harder and harder, for less and less
>fake "diversity" composed of people of only a few ethnicities, all Ivy league backgrounds
>virtue signaling
>everyone is absorbed into their own little social media sphere, frittering away the little free time they do have in the most asocial way possible
>insane gender imbalance
>everyone here moved from somewhere else, breaking down any social structure
>enforced fun/company outings eat up more free time, while astroturfing over the problems of unnatural/forced social interaction
>Everyone keeps everyone else at arms length, because switching jobs is so common; preventing any meaningful relationships from developing
>taxes
>fines
>city government is wasteful and incompetent
>everyone is looking out for #1, with a thin veneer of empathy

People were not meant to live like this, I feel like I'm living out the details of a terrible dystopian novel.
>>
>>38511476
It's a liberal eden
>>
>>38511476
>anyone not well off is resentful
you can't stop people from being resentful. The poor resent the rich for having money, the rich resent the poor for trying to take their money. The more equal society gets the more everyone resents not having more.

Yeah welcome to human nature. We can only maintain personal relationships with a maximum of about 300 people or so at a time, everyone else in the world is a stranger that, when push comes to shove, we don't give half a shit about.
>>
>>38511594
>you can't stop people from being resentful.
True

>The poor resent the rich for having money, the rich resent the poor for trying to take their money. The more equal society gets the more everyone resents not having more.
I've lived in areas where wealth disparity is less extreme. Everyone seemed much happier, but it's hard to not conflate all the other factors.

It seems particularly bad here. Due to the economic and social pressures, people here seem particularly inauthentic. I've lived in about 7 different cities/towns, SF is by far the worst.
>>
>>38511672
I think it's just that they make it more obvious, because of the traits that they have to peacock as their group-membership badges. People everywhere do that now. Ironically, everyone being so fake all the time encourages people to look for authenticity. Which makes people more fake, as they pretend to be authentic. Or rather, pretend to be whatever the paragon representative of their area/group/class would be.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.