[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no goth gf I can't deal with this much longer, lads.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3767.jpg (76KB, 736x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3767.jpg
76KB, 736x920px
>tfw no goth gf

I can't deal with this much longer, lads.
>>
Goth girls are just high-maintenance girls with large make-up expenses. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>38511073
Why the fuck would you want an alt gf? Chase rich girls not fucked up sluts with daddy issues.
>>
>>38511073
I like the fashion, but most of them only like goth dudes
>>
>>38511589
Or better. Don't chase girls. They aren't worth a shit.
>>
Talk about annoying superficial roasties. Goth girls are like an alternate color palette stacy.
>>
File: 1493498848432.jpg (70KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
1493498848432.jpg
70KB, 564x846px
>>38511073
>tfw no robot gf
soon though
>>
File: gy9KaEH.jpg (41KB, 719x436px) Image search: [Google]
gy9KaEH.jpg
41KB, 719x436px
any other robots been asked if youre emo/goth? fucking normies
>>
>>38511859
have you tried being a goth dude?
>>
File: 1498088748156.png (760KB, 760x839px) Image search: [Google]
1498088748156.png
760KB, 760x839px
>>38512843
I have. Normies can be so dumb.
>>
>>38512843
emos are like robots wannabe
>>
>>38511073
Anon, why would you trust an 8/10 Stacey to be more approachable/available just because she has a few extra piercings in her face, likes the color black way too much, and uses more makeup than a funeral home? Face it: you like the fantasy of a Stacey who isn't like other Stacies. You like the idea of a girl who looks like Stacey for the most part, but magically isn't and who tries to signal to others super hard that she "isn't". If she were a fat fucking lard bucket with a dogface, it wouldn't matter what she were wearing or how she did her makeup. She would be unattractive. Full stop.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: if a girl is above 6/10 and she dresses like this past the age of 18, you are in for a world of pain and mindgames. Protip: she's gonna have a personality disorder. Mature adults shouldn't have the time or desire to cultivate weird personas and attend to how random strangers superficially perceive them. Not trying to cut you down. Just speaking from personal experience with these kind of girls.
>>
>>38513175
This is actually pretty insightful. Can you elaborate more on your personal experiences? Just curious.
>>
>>38513270
Sure. I was a pretty odd person in HS and grew up in a family with a lot of unstable female figures. Gran was a mentally ill cunt. Mum was a mentally ill cunt too whose pleasure in life was to shittalk gran with blissful ignorance to the fact that she was just like gran. I dunno. Normal, healthy women seemed boring to me. I loved spitfire contrarians who were passionate about their joys and interests in life and willing to let me know it. Funny thing is that this really isn't a female trait. In healthy heterosexual relationships, women seldom hold strongly and inflexibly to beliefs and preferences. When they do, they are much less committed to their passions than their male partner. Think of how many women would place a belief or a singleminded pursuit over a valued social relationship with real potential in the long term. Not many.

I realized that I was in fact attempting to frankenstein traits that I saw as desirable and praiseworthy in men together with a hot female body. This is almost certainly a recipe for pain. Overwhelmingly, if a woman is more interested in things or hobbies or specific ideas over social relationships, this is a bad sign. As such, don't expect to form a relationship over a shared love of a musical genre, a comic series, an academic subject. The kind of women that are into or claim to be into this shit are categorically and, by definition, unavailable. They will put these things over you, for reasons both understandable and irrational, depending on the girl and circumstance.

Know how to separate traits you admire in yourself and your male peers from those you would reasonably seek in a parter. Confusing those expectations like a good "male feminist" will see you pursuing an endless stream of perpetually unavailable women. Just look for somebody that more or less isn't insufferable and for whatever reason keeps returning your calls/texts. Anything more specific than that is, at best, a snipe hunt.
>>
>>38513175
Can confirm. Knew a girl who still embraced a persona as a supplement to self esteem. She's a kind person but fucked up and incapable of having a healthy relationship. Something just got broken along the way. She's not a cohesive whole.
>>
>>38513556
Hey it's like you're speaking my life.
>>
File: 1288717774631.jpg (423KB, 870x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1288717774631.jpg
423KB, 870x1007px
>>38513556
The cruel reality that you will eventually have to settle, or face long periods of loneliness or anguish, is a very difficult pill to swallow.

It almost seems counter-intuitive to seek out someone who doesn't necessarily share your interests. But you're right in that it's very likely a person who does not share my interests will be the one who actually tolerates me.

So to depress myself further here's another goth girl to add to this thread.
>>
>>38513556
To be more specific:

1. Dated aspie girl who now makes "experimental sound art." Cold as a fucking fish. Wanted to talk out whether or not she was really into sex or just really asexual more than we actually ever fucked. Constantly caught shit for not sufficiently appreciating the importance of what she did. Not caring or warm in the least. "Dated" for 1 year.

2. Vegan girl taking a molecular bio/biochem degree who was into black metal. Again, constantly challenged about my level of commitment to things she cared about and that we had mutual interest in. Endless pressure to go vegan, to the point of telling me she felt "violated" with me inside her if I was going to eat meat. Also cold as a fucking fish on an interpersonal level. Two months dating.

3. BPD chick working in a neuroimaging lab wanting to go back to grad school. Around six really good dates. Really bonded over some big ideas and talked about the future, science, etc. She's starting to get more serious about going back to school and taking the appropriate exams. Always sends a painfully polite text when I ask her to hang now, but bails without fail at the last minute. Never has taken the initiative to as much as text me of her own accord. Completely emotionally and schedule-wise unavailable by her own design.

4. Grad student studying neuroscience. Dated for three months. Had her laughing like crazy most every time we got together. Awesome times. Bad shit happens in lab and she turns into a fucking witch for a week. Snippy, unappreciative texts. Friends say she's a cunt. One day she oversteps and throws me under the bus to save her own ass. Supervisor gets wind of what happened and tells me she's a cunt and that I should keep my distance. Find a "nice, simple" girl instead.
>>
>>38513835
I still have hopes of a unicorn but the world is slowly making me face reality. I'm trying to walk a fine line between accepting these humbling experiences as growth while not losing all sense of standards. I think at this point the main trait I'm looking for is loyalty. The rest is becoming less important.
>>
>>38513610
>>38513799
The real upside to this is realizing that, like most things, the problem is mostly due to learned preferences and faulty models of intimacy. This is a positive because these are things that we can identify and work on in ourselves.

I was happier than I've been in years when I restructured my implicit assumption that women who don't engage in weird shit and subcultures are boring. This is simply not true. Every person has unique quirks and peculiarities and I realized that my love of countercultural tropes was a shitty way of skipping to this normal point of intimacy--learning the funny, improbable ways people are different from others.

There is nothing more endearing than realizing your otherwise nondescript GF has a pathological fear of celery or has a secret love of professional wrestling. It's even more special because only you two share that stuff. She's not whoring out her "specialness" to anybody and everybody with the help of corpse makeup and a corset.
>>
>>38514058
Really feeling your posts tonight. I know I've got work to do on myself, sometimes just not sure what. But this has been helpful.
>>
>>38514058
>There is nothing more endearing than realizing your otherwise nondescript GF has a pathological fear of celery or has a secret love of professional wrestling. It's even more special because only you two share that stuff. She's not whoring out her "specialness" to anybody and everybody with the help of corpse makeup and a corset.

Beautifully said. Thanks for sharing all of this, reminds me that /r9k/ isn't always a total shithole. It's somewhat of a pity since I begin grad school in a month and was hoping to possibly find a girl interested in the same sciences and research, but I see now that those girls projecting themselves as "science nerds" or "metal chicks" are damaged. Oh well.
>>
>>38513956
Don't sweat it. Most men into weird specific shit like this are probably into weird, specific shit in other aspects of life. They are passionate about these things. Passion combined with good mentorship and opportunity affords success. Square this stuff away and your sexual capital can only rise. Focus on yourself. Disregard unavailable women and learn how to spot them. Learn to appreciate the virtues of a relatively more simple woman who appreciates what you do, but doesn't compete with it. Learn to accept that the love of a good woman isn't rational and isn't predicated on some calculus of well-defined, specific accomplishments. Put yourself out there and meet people you think are boring until one sticks who you can tolerate. Our shitty mothers fucked us, anon. It's what we need, but can't accept we want.
>>
>>38514161
Once again, you're right on the mark with everything.
>>
>>38511114
but they are great sex!
>>
>>38514116
Nice. Give it a year for things to settle with respect to your studies and then just see where things go. I'm a neuroscience PhD student. My buddy is in biomedical engineering. Ended up going to an undergrad function in his department and mentioned to him how hot the undergrads were. He started inviting me to more of their functions and I did what came naturally.

Word to the wise: if you're a TA, don't fuck your students. Fucking/dating undergrads within your dept. is even still a bit sketch, but it happens. Some people (mostly salty female grad students 25+) will say its an abuse of power. I don't see anything wrong with it, but graduate deans' opinions differ and that's what ultimately matters here is worst comes to worst. Have fun, but be smart.
>>
File: large[1].jpg (24KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
24KB, 450x360px
>>38511073
>tfw only got into hs in the late '00s
>goth/emo bois practically gone or inexistent
>no cute girly goth bois to make out with
life is pain
>>
goth has got to be the most retarded shit ever
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.