[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

20 year old who's ruined his life here. Can I get some general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: 1492391006537.jpg (2MB, 1700x984px) Image search: [Google]
1492391006537.jpg
2MB, 1700x984px
20 year old who's ruined his life here. Can I get some general life advice from older 23+ robots? Especially on being socially retarded?
>>
24 y/o anon here, been on the chans for nearly 10 years now. What do you want to know desu?

Being socially retarded? Well, you'll never truly be normal. Only exposure to social interactions will get you experience/able to read other people. A lot of normies will advise you to "just say what's on your mind without thinking". Don't do that, you're not a normie and you'll just look like a sperglord. It's better to be considered "quiet and chill" than that annoying sperg.

I can give you more advice on anything else as well.
>>
>>38510472
I'm just starting uni, is 21-24 too old to try out the clubs or social activities there?
>>
>>38510532

Nobody will think any differently of your age, you're still in the same age group as them. I've seen actual geezers in classes. They don't know your age unless you tell them anyway. Most people think I'm 21ish, but nobody expects me to be 24. Nobody really is paying attention to you anyway. Go ahead and join cubs/social activities, form study groups with other students in your class. Also, take school seriously, other people in your class will want to be around you if you're smart/"have a future".
>>
You're only 20. You can still change. It will get harder and harder the older you get.

I'm 27 and I'm basically forever alone now.
>>
>>38510605
with no vehicle and almost family influence I doubt it.
>>
>>38510360
The first advice is, you should take advices from no-one.

But who am I to judge? I'm just a 22 y/o guy.
>>
Make a habit of getting fit and eating healthy. Don't waste your time being indecisive about fixing what's wrong with your life.

>got crippling anxiety? Go to therapy
>hate your job? Put some effort into finding a new one
>doing a degree you don't like? Change to the one you really want or better yet do a trade like becoming an electrician if you just want to work
>have a boring life? Try every hobby that has ever mildly interested you until you find some you like
>>
>>38510591
What about late 20s?
>>
Get out of here. Get off of 4chan before it's too late
>>
>>38511348
how else will I find new music and anime
>>
>>38511397
You won't.
It's for the best
>>
>>38511315
help
Will late 20s fit in?
>>
>>38510886
I'm almost 25yo and I still don't have the driving license because I don't like the idea of having something I'm not gonna use.
I don't go out enough to make it worth.
>>
File: DAQTwG_VYAA7yRq.jpg (172KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
DAQTwG_VYAA7yRq.jpg
172KB, 680x510px
YOU'RE FUGGED MUDDERFUGGER :DDDDD

t. 23 year old
>>
>>38511551
gonna give this a good bump
>>
File: 1498020884614.jpg (31KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
1498020884614.jpg
31KB, 500x564px
>>38511315
>>38511551

Sorry, stopped following the thread. I don't think someone in their late 20's will "fit" in among a bunch of children. (18-24 year olds). Don't let that stop you from going to college.

What do you intend to go to school for/what do you hope to accomplish? What career are you going for? If trades aren't your thing, getting any degree will be beneficial even if you have no clue what you want in life. Worst case scenario you can go teach English in Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, etc and make a decent living, maybe get a cute waifu.

Additionally, because you're older you can probably attend for free/nearly free w/o loans.
>>
Basically it gets worse and harder to change every year.
>>
>>38511735
I'm not surprised that I won't but still disappointing. Don't really feel much older than when I was in my early 20s
>>
>>38511795

How youthful do you look? There was a 28 year old guy in my General Biology I class last year that looked like he was 22.
>>
>>38511814
I look like I'm 20/21 still and am 27. Mostly interested in fucking college girls while I get my degree more so than the "freshman experience" or what ever.
>>
File: 508.gif (509KB, 500x375px)
508.gif
509KB, 500x375px
>>38511918

Shouldn't be too hard for you then. You won't be in Grandpa territory, you'll be more mature/wiser than the 18-21 year olds, which girls find attractive. You'll be a wolf in sheeps clothing.
>>
>>38511956
Sounds good to me.
Starting to work out again too.
>>
>>38511991

What do you plan on majoring in? Easy, dumb, and loose girls are in Psychology.

Wholesome girls are majoring in education to become teachers.

Also, tons of cute girls are in the life sciences trying to get into med school. Form study groups with them if you go this route.

Good luck.
>>
>>38511180
>Put some effort
Fuck no lol
>>
>>38512092
Thanks anon. Pre-med.
>>
File: 1495158244345.gif (295KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1495158244345.gif
295KB, 500x338px
>>38510360
Seeking my council are we? Very well. The trick is to keep pezazzling as you did before and good dreams come true, or one hopes
>>
>>38510360

23 turn 24 in a few months

Get a social job, ie customer service it will be very hard at first since you already have trouble with your social skills but it will improve them, at least it did for me. Was a socially awkward neet for a couple years after high school got my first job at gamestop and rhe forced interaction made it easier to socialize in the normie world, also I onlt worked one to two days a week so I could still live like a semi neet at the time.
>>
I'm 34

Learn to fucking socialize. I can't repeat this enough: BEING WELL LIKED BY PEOPLE AND HAVING CONFIDENCE IS LITERALLY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS

Do everything you can to be likeable without being a doormat.
Read every book on being likeable you can find.
Study every interaction that a likeable, confident person has with other people and APPLY it to your life
Realize it will be trial and error to find a confident, likeable personality that fits you because you won't be able to pull off the things other people do. You'll never be on chads level and get away with the things he does so don't try to be him. But you can still be confident and likeable.
Practice talking in front of a video camera and make sure your facial expressions and tone of voice are normal for a given situation and likeable
Stand up tall and walk with confidence (shoulders back, chest slightly puffed), especially when you don't feel like it.
Learn to speak with confidence in your voice. If your voice is too high/whiny for a man, work on lowering your register

Practice, practice, practice.

Don't make the same mistakes I did. I'm 34, have no game with women and no friends and am generally unliked by most people.
You can fix this while you're young.
>>
File: ULDt4n9.jpg (331KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ULDt4n9.jpg
331KB, 1200x1600px
is the k silent

i type without punctuation
>>
>>38510360
Practical advice, joins group or club that meets weekly, find something on meetup.com or a college club.
Something around a hobby or interest.
Go weekly. Yeah, it will be weird at first, but just watching other people socialize will help a lot. Go weekly so people know your name and shit, even if you don't feel like it. It's only a few hours a week. If you have the time join two different groups, but make sure you go. People become more friendly just by being around the same person for awhile too
>>
>>38513587
rleax pall
>>
>>38510360
You're still young and can make things better, you can also develop your social skills, but to do that you will need to go out of your comfort zone and socialize more.

I'm 27 I took an escape route, thinking that in a stressless environement I'll be able to make some decisions about my future, but it tourned out that my life doesn't progress, I'm to passive about that and didn't tackle any problems.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.