[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy Driving Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 128 to 93.png (345KB, 601x901px) Image search: [Google]
128 to 93.png
345KB, 601x901px
Lots of different types of comfy threads tonight. Where are my fellow night drivers hanging out? Post your favorite routes, driving tunes, the sights you've seen, the places you go to, etc.

Pic related, it's one of my favorite paths to take. There's no traffic on Route 128 or I93 at night, and there's nothing quite like speeding across the Zakim Bridge and into the O'Neill Tunnel with all the lights zipping by you in a blur. It's like jumping to warp speed in a sci-fi ship.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170721-084042.jpg (1MB, 1444x985px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170721-084042.jpg
1MB, 1444x985px
About to drive 2hrs into the mountains then 7hrs home. Should be comfy times all round.
>>
File: 1491416796818.jpg (45KB, 403x423px) Image search: [Google]
1491416796818.jpg
45KB, 403x423px
>move to california
>gas costs $3.00+
>>
Fellow MA bro, that you again?

How've you been mate?
>>
>>38508924
Yeah, it's me. Things are going pretty well. How about you?
>>
>>38508945
Same here, summer's going by way too quickly. Gonna have to take another comfy summer night drive again before it's gone.
>>
>>38508977
I'm glad summer's going by kinda fast, but that's because I'm not in school. My life revolves around my minimum wage cashier job. I like the colder seasons anyway. Where are you thinking of going?
>>
>>38509001
Haven't been out to the Cape in a while actually. Thinking of going the whole distance to P-town. Either that or somewhere west on 20.
>>
>>38509061
P-town is fun, but the LGBT scene is a little much. Last time I went with my family, we walked by some creep wearing nothing but a small towel around his junk and handing flyers out to people for some dance event that night. There are kids all around ffs, that's just wrong.

I've been thinking of where to take a night drive to next. Maybe somewhere in Maine or eastern New Hampshire.
>>
>>38508612
I definitely like driving. Even in Chicago highway traffic at rush hour I'm at peace. My favorite places Ive driven so far are the blue ridge mountains in the southeast and through Idaho/Montana mountains in the northwest. Some day I'd like to do a 3 day cruise down the west coast and hit some spots in California.
>>
>>38509120
Yeah I hear you on the P-town thing, don't think I've been there since I was a kid so maybe it's gotten more pronounced since.

I remember when my family would vacation in the White Mountains we'd always play this record. Night driving in the mountains is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe0cGpua_Y&list=PLhtHi1HY8KV5kQmfgvOoax5oTskFtkQlM
>>
File: 1499318829303.jpg (49KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
1499318829303.jpg
49KB, 402x604px
i go a couple miles down to the beachfront, late at night and i'll sit down on the benches and look a the stars

i like it a lot because i get to talk to tourists from all over the country at 2am, every night is an interesting experience
>>
>>38509322
I've never driven up to the White Mountains yet. Thinking of going when the foliage starts to change. Autumn is such a comfy season.
>>
>>38509274
Also, lake shore drive in Chicago on an early Sunday morning after sparking a bowl is amazing. You can't be a dumb ass driving in the city though, must have a little more experience
>>
my favorite place to drive is among the cornfields and farmlands northwest of Chicago. something so incredibly peaceful about getting away from the lights and people and driving along a dark country road with only the stars and headlights to illuminate my journey. our in the middle of nowhere i like to blast my music with the windows down so i can feel the cool night breeze. it's honestly my favorite hobby. im not interested in much else
>>
I like biking. 20 miles every day in Manhattan.
>>
File: NH1410689.jpg (192KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
NH1410689.jpg
192KB, 700x467px
>>38509346
It's pretty amazing anon, definitely do check it out. Lincoln/Woodstock is a good stopover town off I-93, used to stay up there and drive along NH-112 (Kancamagus Highway).
>>
>>38509356
I miss being 18 and a new driver and speeding up and down Lakeshore drive in light traffic. Comfy feels
>>
>>38509401
Been there done that. Love it, only problem is those roads are single lane and can get jammed up if people aren't passing each other
>>
>>38509485
true but at like 2 am theres not much traffic
>>
>>38509401
You know what's even better though is rural Wisconsin. It's so green and actually pretty hilly in spots. Plus always less traffic. Only problem is radio only picks up country
>>
>>38509061
For the love of god dont go to p-town it is a shithole
>>
>>38509559
sounds comfy. ill have to try that in the future because i cant leave the state atm
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.