[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate everything that can make me money

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: pensive_aussie.png (10KB, 439x474px) Image search: [Google]
pensive_aussie.png
10KB, 439x474px
>Going to CC currently
>Need to decide what I want to do with my life
>Actually enjoy studying... history, literature, and other similar topics; can write great papers on them
>The only times I think about killing myself or just drinking myself to oblivion is when doing STEM-related things, can barely do basic algebra and nearly failed chemistry back in high school; I despise both
>All the money's in programming, IT, and other tech stuff I'm too much of a brainlet to handle
>Can't handle the sustained socializing needed to network into jobs if you're not a brainiac with several scholarships
>Mom will let me live with her but only as long as long as I'm working or studying; NEEThood isn't an option

Do you guys have any advice?
>>
>>38502249
Start history Chanel on YouTube.
If you can realy make good history content you will probably make some bucks out of it
>>
File: DeusVultInfidel.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DeusVultInfidel.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>38502249
Maybe look into Curatorships, Journalism, professional Writing. If not, you could take a higher apprenticeship (if its a thing where you live) if you have your A-levels and score a great paying trade job from there..

Also You could try the stock market (inb4 business is hard. It's easy to get into and you may have a knack for it) As a plus, you don't need to interact with anyone unless you become so successful that you become a key stakeholder in a massive company.

>>38502829
This is shit advice, sorry. Youtube will not give you anywhere near enough money for your effort even if you had 100,000+ subs, which almost all history channels don't get
>>
>>38502829
Didn't YouTube fuck the ad system and made it nearly impossible to make money off it unless you're bigger then some cable networks?
>>38503099
>A-Levels
I'm actually American. The Australian in the picture was just the first fitting image I found. I did take a business class and did relatively well in it so there's that.

Something I would like to do is maybe start a development company for Western-targeted visual novels: they're dirt cheap to make, can have the weeb elements stripped out (e.g. Steve Dikto-esque art and no high school setting.) Telltale proved that there are people willing to sacrifice gameplay for story.
>>
>>38502249
Just go to a trade school and find something decent that's in high demand.
>>
File: 1493102534266.jpg (91KB, 938x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493102534266.jpg
91KB, 938x512px
Perhaps try to join some component of the military. Not necessarily a foot soldier, perhaps you'd be interested in being a sailor or a pilot. I've been thinking recently that if college doesn't work out I'd like to join my country's air force.
>>
>>38503252
I've seriously considered it by my mom has a Master's degree and won't accept anything less than a Bachelor's from me.
>>38503254
Even if I wasn't obese I have no will to fight.
>>
>>38503419
Then I guess this is more so a parental problem.
If your parents end up forcing you to do something that you either hate, or won't be useful, then you'll be screwed.
>>
be a backwater buckaroo, billyin' round in the bayous, being big big bilger, in the swamp by the eyol riva
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.