[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raising my niece, bad idea?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

File: 1478102845868.png (907KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478102845868.png
907KB, 1280x720px
>37 year old Wizard living on my own
>Have older sister with 3 daughters
>Her husband passed away from lung cancer
>Older sister and her husband were poor as dirt
>Sister struggling to get by on her own
>She asks me for a little money a couple times
>Always help her when I can
>Go visit my sister last weekend for my youngest niece's birthday
>They can't afford a party so I bought them a cake and her a present
>Always been the best uncle to my little nieces so they love me
>One of my nieces has been particularly down by the loss of her dad
>She's always been super close to her dad and she never got along with her mother
>They've always fought a lot and she thinks her mom always preferred her older and younger sisters
>My sister tells me she's been keeping her distance from everyone
>Decide to talk to her
>She lights up when I come see her
>Talk for a little while
>She tells me she's not happy here and she doesn't want to be here anymore
>I cheer her up and convince her to come down to have cake
>Sister tries to talk to her but it goes nowhere
>Sister gets mad at her for her attitude
>They have an argument
>My niece says she doesn't want to be here anymore
>My sister says she doesn't really have a choice
>My niece then looks at me and says she wants to live with me
>Sister says no
>Niece bluntly says if she's not around she can save money she can focus on the daughters she actually cares about
>Sister doesn't like how she said it but realizes what she says isn't wrong
>She asks me what I think
>Can't believe she's actually considering it
>I tell her it's kind of sudden and I'm not really prepared for that sort of thing
>Niece says she'll do all the chores if she has to, she just wants to leave
>Sister is noticeably hurt by this
>I tell them I'll think about and my sister says okay
Would it be a bad idea to raise my niece for my sister? I have no experience with children but she's very unhappy at the moment, we get along great though. She always opens up to me.
>>
Does your sister actually prefer her other daughters? How old is your niece? Do you have enough money to support her?
>>
>>38490841
I'm not around all the time but I have seen some small cases of it but I don't think she does it intentionally. I don't think in her heart she prefers any of her daughters. I think she sees it as the youngest one needs the most care because she's the youngest and she always relies on the oldest one because she's the oldest and they end up having this really close dynamic. It's probably frustrating for a middle child. She probably has shown some preference more often than she would admit, she's not perfect.

My niece is 10. I have more than enough money to support her, I'm just one guy and I live far below my means. Taking on a kid her age wouldn't be a huge blow to me at all but I'm just one guy. I don't have a wife or anything to look after her when I'm working and I don't have any experience raising a child, it's not the ideal situation. I feel like as a single dad, I would be mediocre. I love her and I'd try my best but I have no confidence in myself.
>>
>>38491078
Maybe you can use being a single parent to get a girlfriend.
>>
>>38491078
Anon this is honestly a really nice. It might help out a guy such as yourself too, kids are great
>>
File: 1492644223350.jpg (106KB, 800x595px) Image search: [Google]
1492644223350.jpg
106KB, 800x595px
Lvl 36 wiz here, some times I've played with the idea of adopting a kid. Haven't checked if they'd let a single guy adopt or anything. But it's the same thing I guess, no clue how to raise a kid, feels as if I was more ready for the task in my early 20's, maybe because I had to look after my little sister a lot back then.
In many ways your situation seems like a rare opportunity, if it was me I'd probably suggest we'd give it a try for a while, see how the girl likes it and how everything works out. You could hire some chill maid or something to be around a bit whenever you're away working.
>>
No, your niece belongs with her sisters and mother. She has to learn to get along with them, not be separated and let it get worse.
>>
Major cuck thread detected, and damn it's not even a romantic one,this is all sorts of backwards.
>>
>>38490786
How old is she? Important question because the difficulty level varies based on age.
>>
>raising another man's semen
Don't be a cuck, OP
>>
>>38491453
You sayin' his sister is an option to fuck and that family doesn't exist?
>>
Raise niece
Mold her into your ideal mate
Marry niece
Fuck niece
Impregnate niece
>>
>>38490786
She sounds cute
Take her in and raise her, it might be fun
Sounds like your life is stagnating anyways
>>
Offer to take her for a month long 'vacation' from each other to see how it goes, get a feel-out for the situation and any pitfalls you might encounter. Just make sure she's fed, clean, and has access to your loli doujins and she'll figure out the rest.
>>
Why is the word cuck even being used? You're not a cuck looking out for your own flesh and blood. That's what you're supposed to do, that's being a man.
>>
Really have to advocate for letting the niece live with her mom. Maybe you can look out for her some weekends or a whole week every now and then.

The main issue is that however sweet and nice she seems now, all girls will become a pain to deal with eventually. It will take her a while though. Only once she subconsciously realizes your place is her home.
>>
Do it anon. It will brighten both of your lives. Don't leave a little girl in misery.
>>
>>38490786
She's 10 mate, she's just being bratty
She probably has a lot of stress, but you my wizard friend are not fit to raise a child
>>
even with no experience help, it's for your family, don't be rapey or weird
>>
>>38491832

Do you honestly think the parents of any one of us, or of any normie, chad, or stacy was 'fit' to be a mom or dad or raise another human being until that responsibility was dropped on them? No anon, they weren't. No more than anon is, no more than you or I would be. At least this nigga seems to actually care, and, if he's not bullshitting, more than has the means to make sure she's fed, clothed, and kept clean, which is more than most people being first time parents can say.

She might be being bratty, but having a month long visit with uncle anon might not be a bad idea, even if that's only as long as it lasts.
>>
>>38491509
a gross
>>
File: 1436474155670.png (4KB, 206x237px) Image search: [Google]
1436474155670.png
4KB, 206x237px
I don't think you should go so far as to let her move in, but that doesn't mean you can't play a more active role in her life. Hell you could even let her stay the weekend to get some breathing room away from the family now and then. You said it yourself, being the middle child sucks. You can still take her out when her mother gets overwhelmed and provide an ear to listen when it feels like everyone else is too busy to care.

But raising a kid full time is a huge responsibility.

>>38491668
>Why is the word cuck even being used?
Because it lost all meaning a long time ago. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if someone was called a cuck for raising their own children instead of running around knocking up a bunch of bar sluts while avoiding child support.
>>
>>38490786
why dont you go live with your sister?
>>
Plz don't rape your niece anon. But it would be an honourable thing to raise her if you did. What age is she?
>>
>>38491185
That's a very big gamble my friend. I don't think having a daughter will suddenly make me a chick magnet, probably the opposite.

>>38491354
>>38491614
Not a bad idea. The only issue with a trial run is I'm pretty sure she's not going to change her mind no matter what. She's had this problem with her mom for a long time now, it's just her dad was around to make it easier.

>>38492059
>>38491718
That's kind of what I've been doing. I've been trying to be there for my nieces when I can but yeah, it doesn't seem like it's enough for at least her.

>>38492076
Well one, I don't want to. Two, my sister doesn't want me to either. I offered to help my sister more out financially but she refused. My sister is stubborn and while she's okay with a little help, she only took it under the condition she'd pay it back. She doesn't want to leech off her little brother.
>>
>>38490786
Do it faggot

Your sister is a bitch and won't raise her correctly
>>
File: 1426232160014.png (56KB, 179x166px) Image search: [Google]
1426232160014.png
56KB, 179x166px
>>38491509
That's actually pretty clever anon
>>
File: 1492472973902.jpg (27KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1492472973902.jpg
27KB, 604x604px
>>38490786
Do it man.
Keep in mind the main reason to do it is to help relieve economically and emotionally your sister. Not to fulfill the childish desires of your niece.

It does not matter if you dont know how to be a parent. The paternal instinct will kick in and you will be fine. Im pretty sure that would be an enriching experience for you.

I would suggest finding a nanny to take care of her while you are working, not all day but a few hours to entertain her and keep an eye on her.

Also, you are gonna need a lot of advise for small things. Dont ask /r9k/, you dont want the advice of spegs on this kind of stuff. Ask /adv/.
>>
>>38490786
I'd say you take her in for a weekend or something and see how things go from there. Maybe even like a week or so.
>>
>>38491972
shitbitch low test/ dumb shit female detected

kill yourself literally

dont be weird bro!! what the fuck does that even mean. fucking retard
>>
I think you should raise her OP. Being the middle child is complete shit. At least with you, you'll be her exclusive daddy.
>>
You seem like a really nice guy, OP. I'd go for it, or at least try it out.
>>
>>38492217
>She doesn't want to leech off her little brother.
convince her that you are just "caring about YOUR family"
>>
>>38490786
The crux of the issue seems to be whether or not this is good for her. On one side, she's only 10 and still has a lot of growing up to do. Learning to live with her family is something that's absolutely imperative for her, because if she loses that connection it will come back to haunt her later in life. On the other hand, there is the chance that being the forgotten middle child and dealing with the anxiety of just being a kid will do more harm than teaching the lesson that family isn't something you choose. This is how fembots are made.

You should take some more time to talk to both her and your sister so you two can discern the best possible course of action for your niece's wellbeing.
>>
Do it. You will literally change her life for the better.
>>
>>38490786
How old is your niece? Do you live close?

Taking in a child is a big responsibility maybe you can offer her baby steps? She could come over for weekends or on vacations just to get some time away from the situation that's upsetting her. Having a good male role model is really important for children and you sound like you can provide that but taking in a child is a lot of responsibility. I get it's family and you love them but escapism is common for children going through loss and fracturing the family unit further may do more harm than good in the long run. I obviously don't know your situation but you sound like you're really trying to do the right thing which is really commendable. If it were me I would find some sort of compromise try and provide a father figure and maybe help repair her relationship with your sister (if it's not too far gone) you can always be the cool uncle that she can come to if things get too bad without full on adopting her.
>>
>>38490786
if you do end up taking her in, make sure you can provide the strong male ideal that girls need growing up, otherwise she'll turn out to be a huge slag with daddy issues

don't forget the possibility that it might one of those things which she might regret later so make sure everyone is able to stay in contact easily to avoid any possible problems down the line
>>
seems like a rash decision that everyone should just sleep on for a little bit. if you could actually provide stability then maybe seriously consider it.
>>
I think you should. Mom's don't give up their children very easily so if she's okay with it then she probably thinks being with you is better than being with her.
>>
>>38491453
>>38491406
This meme has gone too far. Raising your own blood relative has nothing to do with cuckoldry
>>
>>38492838
Raising a child that's not yours is always cuckoldry.
>>
>>38492217
I agree with the other anons on the whole trial run thing. Just make it clear that it's just a trial run from the start. What you're considering is a selfless act, but don't bite off more than you can chew. Coming from someone who was in a very similar situation to your niece in the past, there's no way to completely save her. The damage has been done and she will always carry the scars. The most you can hope to do is lessen the burden placed on her and her family. You sound like a good person, OP, and I'm certain that your nieces appreciate what you do for them, but you have to establish boundaries. She's not your daughter and acting like a surrogate father to her would not be healthy for either parties.

Regardless of whatever happens in the end, though, it sounds like your nieces will benefit from your presence, anyway. I wish I was as good a person as you.
>>
>>38490786
How about living together?
>>
>>38490786
Considering how your sister was "noticing hurt by this, I wouldn't take her because maybe your sister hate you for taking her and possible see you as a creep
>>
>>38493130
This anon! Go live with your sister, or send her money every month. Support her if you love your niece.
If you wanna do some fucked up shit with your niece you should probably just leave them alone forever.
>>
>>38492952
This is beyond ironic ironic funny by now, please stop
>>
>>38492952
It's not cuckoldry if you stick your penis inside them
>>
>>38491354
>Haven't checked if they'd let a single guy adopt or anything.

It's really really hard to pull that off. You'll have to go through hell to prove you aren't a pedo looking for an easy fuck.
>>
>>38493164
>Considering how your sister was "noticing hurt by this, I wouldn't take her because maybe your sister hate you for taking her and possible see you as a creep
Bump
>>
Yes you should.
Oreganolo
>>
>>38492217
>That's a very big gamble my friend. I don't think having a daughter will suddenly make me a chick magnet
it will
>>
File: Jackaf.png (171KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
Jackaf.png
171KB, 512x724px
>>38490786

Let her stay over every now and then, maybe weekends here and there with a sibling or friend who won't call you a pedo.

Take her out to do things instead of cooping her up inside every day like her mother. Get her interested in an active hobby so she doesn't become another boring netflix roastie.

I recommend photography and trail biking.

Transition from cool uncle to cool dad. Milfs love cool dads.
>>
Raising a child is always a bad idea.
>>
>>38493130
Either this or move in nearby. You won't fracture the family and all three girls will need a father figure in their lives or they'll turn into sluts with daddy issues.
>>
>>38493164
I don't think she'd hate OP, they seem close. Every parent has their pride though so of course she'd be hurt seeing one of her daughters try so hard to get away from her.
>>
You should definitely do it. Your sister has failed her, she needs a loving father figure in her life.
>>
Won't your other nieces feel left out if you adopt one of them? It's like she gained a daddy and they didn't.
>>
>>38492217
>That's a very big gamble my friend. I don't think having a daughter will suddenly make me a chick magnet, probably the opposite
I'm a lady and I'd find this very attractive. My roommate does this and I have a crush on him and his girlfriend also found it to be an attractive quality in him.

Take her to do interesting stuff. Make her cool. Take her to d&d. Teach her magic. Watch anime. Build stuff together. Give her a chance to be better than basic.
>>
Robots would make shit parents.
>>
>>38490786

her teenage years will probably put you through the ringer emotionally but if this is your niece it'll probably be worth it anyway. If she does live with you, teach her some basic cooking stuff for meals so she can make food while you're at work. Also get her braces if you can afford it and if she needs them, you'll that me later
>>
How many times are we going to have this thread? Even the responses are the same.
>>
>>38497386
You mean best parents.
>>
File: 1493514978128.png (252KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1493514978128.png
252KB, 511x428px
>>38490786
>>38490786
Try it out for some weekends to see if it works out, increase as you see fit, maybe it will end up being you raising her, you maybe still have some use in you old man
>>
>>38491406
This isn't really very cucked. At least your neice shares a good deal of your genetics.
>>
>>38490786
Man, if you're gonna fucking molest those kids, I hope someone comes amd snips your testicles off with no anaesthetic.
>>
>>38497956
OP never implied that you maniac.
>>
>>38498149
>Man with no sexual experience wants to adopt a young girl with an irrational attachment to him
This can only end so well
>>
>>38498181
He's 37. His sex drive is probably very low. Being a horny virgin is agony in your twenties, but after reaching wizard status such base desires cannot effect your arcane intellect any longer.
>>
>>38490786
TRUST ME DUDE never take a child away from his/her parent(s). Their misunderstandings will be settled in the future, for now both of them are in crisis due to the loss of the man of their house.

YOU WILL ONLY WORSEN THEIR RELATIONSHIP.
>>
>>38498181
Kill yourself originally you mongoloid life has ruined you.
>>
File: IMG_1024.jpg (88KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1024.jpg
88KB, 1050x591px
>>38490786
Go to /adv/ I beg of you. Please don't ask the opinion of /r9k/ on if you should raise your niece ffs.
>>
>>38498782
Shouldn't robots help other robots though?
>>
File: lmao.jpg (87KB, 1170x1023px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
87KB, 1170x1023px
>>38498946
>asking social retards for advice about anything
>>
>>38498782
Vast majority of the thread hasn't given bad advice, barring a few cases of
>waah no you ruin the family even though single mother families are statistically the very worst
>>
>>38498782
>believing it

This story sounds fake as fuck.
>>
File: 1481471478988.png (121KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1481471478988.png
121KB, 258x245px
>>38490786
>BEING THIS MUCH OF A KEK

never EVER raise other man's children anon.
>>
>>38499041
>not loving your nieces tenderly
Gay
>>
>>38499118
yes love them but you gotta draw the line at some point and raising the result of another man PLOWING and NUTTING INSIDE your sister is a good point I say.
>>
File: 1490296512340.jpg (58KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490296512340.jpg
58KB, 1024x576px
>>38490786
>>38492217
A trial run would be ideal in this situation. I agree with all the other anons and the trial run idea. See how it works out, and if it proves to really help your sister financially and really help your niece emotionally, then stick with it. I hate that I'm agreeing with a (alleged) woman, but >>38496940 is right. Do cool things with your niece if you do take her under your wing.

And ignore the fags calling you a cuck, raising a member of your blood family is never cuckoldry.

>>38492535
Reminder that fembots do NOT exist. At the very worst, a female may only fall down to failed normie.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.