[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Financial indenpendence

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: thai.jpg (93KB, 640x457px) Image search: [Google]
thai.jpg
93KB, 640x457px
Why don't more people become financially indenpendent? In case you don't know what it means: you get passive income forever. Enough never to work again. There are many people who can but do not. Most common one I see are people who inherit money, or people who own homes.

Why not sell these assets and invest them in blue chip stocks that pay good dividends. Or in secure public bonds. Or just in a bank with decent interest rate.

Say that you sold your house for 500k. Put them soewhere that pays 5% a year. That would make it 25k per year to live off. Pehaps in a third world country like Thailand?

Why don't more people do this?
>>
>in a bank with decent interest rate

The interest 99.9% of bank accounts pay doesn't even keep up with inflation
>>
>>38486774
what if i am poor and already live in a third world shithole?
>>
>>38486774
Say that you sold your house for 500k. Put them soewhere that pays 5% a year. That would make it 25k per year to live off. Pehaps in a third world country like Thailand?

Your assuming that most people enjoy being a NEET like you and having nothing to do all day. Why would people give up their livelihood and way of life to go live in a 3rd world shithole all so they didn't have to work. Whereas if they owned their home fully and just worked they could increase their net worth a lot faster as a lot of their expense would just be food, gas, and bills but no living expenses like rent or mortgage.
>>
File: 155140700.jpg (100KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
155140700.jpg
100KB, 507x338px
Because normies are fucking retarded and buy an 80k BMW and take out a 30 year fixed rate mortgage on a piece of shit property right after they graduate college with a 100k in debt they used to get their sociology degree.

Then these idiots wonder why they never become rich and eventually submit to blowing each and every paycheck on alcohol and going out every weekend to numb the pain that is the endless wageslavery of the 9-to-5 rat race.

Save, invest, don't get into debt. It doesn't matter if you make 20k or 200k a year. Tip: a lot of six figure makers are retards and are in constant debt and stress.

Eschew the normie, keeping up with the Jones' lifestyle for now. Make smart decisions, eat right, exercise, stay healthy and retire in your late 30s and enjoy the rest of your life.
>>
catcock
>>
>>38486774
This post: why are you not rich enough so theres a possibility you can live a low life while never working until you want to off yourself. Genius.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.