[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whoever I ask, everyone will say that death is good, a part of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: screaming_bird_blue241.jpg (52KB, 814x960px) Image search: [Google]
screaming_bird_blue241.jpg
52KB, 814x960px
Whoever I ask, everyone will say that death is good, a part of life and searching for a solution to it is wrong. Is everyone insane for wanting death? Or am I insane for still having my life preservation instinct?
>>
>>38480686
just be yourself paI.
>>
File: screaming_bird_yellow3.jpg (14KB, 497x320px) Image search: [Google]
screaming_bird_yellow3.jpg
14KB, 497x320px
>>38480686

Bumping in hope for an answer.
>>
>>38480686
Most people think when they die they'll go to eternal paradise and live in a perfect world forever which helps. For others even total nothingness is more appealing than their current lives. It's normal to want a better existence.
>>
>>38480719

Sounds weird, but this seems to be a legit answer. Given the means and the time constraints, I'm doomed from the start tho.
>>
>>38480750

It's just so strange... I guess I don't understand something. The second part is realistic, given how shitty lives in terminal patients and 3rd world countries can get... But eternal paradise? When you irreversibly die and your brain rots? Who believes it? Why?
>>
Death is inevitable. But i believe its nice to seek ways to prolong ones life the most possible. There is this culture of acceptation created from the fact that death is inevitable or the idea of an afterlife.

tl;dr just do whatever you want, you will die anyways but maybe you will improve humanity
(for the rich)
>>
>>38480801
Indoctrination from birth. Most people don't understand anything about their religion beyond worship = good things happen to you.
>>
>>38480820

What, technology is nonexistent now? Prove. Also, fuck humanity. If I never die they'll never find out.
>>
>>38480840
But isn't human designed to question and apply knowledge? How do they even function? What jobs do they have?
>>
Death is a part of the reality of nature. Everything is finite and fleeting. The stars will eventually burn out, black holes will evaporate and the universe will die slowly over the course of a nearly infinite amount of time but still finite.
>>
>>38480858
>>38480858
>What, technology is nonexistent now?

What? When did i said that? Im confused.

>>38480893
This is what i meant. You can prolong your life but never make it infinite. Its just beyond our reach. However i believe making ones life longer is still something amazing to do.
>>
>>38480893

Given infinite time, an immortal will certainly die, yes. But, compare the time until sun burns out to the time until you die. Miserable, it makes me want more!
>>
>>38480950
*to the time until a mortal dies.
>>
>>38480879
Humans aren't "designed" to do anything beyond our brains telling us to procreate. If you get inside their head at an early age you can convince someone to believe anything. Again, religion is a meme to everyone. They like to think happy thoughts ie "dying isn't so bad, I'll see all my dead relatives and prance through the meadows under a never setting sun an sheeeit forever". How many people do you know who actually worship their deity or even so much as think about it when they don't want something from it?
>>
>>38480686
even more than life, death is the reason you exist
>>
>>38480997

B-but muh self preservation...
>>
>>38481029

I'm thankful to the lady, but never eager to meet her myself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.