[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any downsides of being NEET?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

File: 1500328262448.png (219KB, 643x507px) Image search: [Google]
1500328262448.png
219KB, 643x507px
Are there any downsides of being NEET?
>>
>>38480632
Social life becomes worse than ever, mental capacity goes in the cellar, you will gain a lot of weight, you will develop agrophobia(?) and you will become more depressed
>>
>>38480678
I actually get minimum social contact, it doesn't affect my mental capacity (at least I think so) it is very difficult for me to gain weighth, no agoraphobia so far, and fairly happy
>>
Origanlerooooo bumperoo
>>
Fucking parasite
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>38480632
This lifestyle has no downsides.
>>
>>38480678
I take a 30 minute walk everyday. helps with the health and with the agoraphobia
>>
As someone who's had months off, you'll lose your hustle stop pursuing any goals you had. This is r9k however and most NEET's don't have any goals in life besides acquire tendies from mommy.
>>
File: japanesefarmhouserain.jpg (741KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
japanesefarmhouserain.jpg
741KB, 2560x1600px
>>38480632
You exist as the lowest form of life. With no respect from anyone, no resources or compassion offered from others. Your long existence with no structure or production will wither you as a person and fuck up your sleep schedule and discipline. Improvement will die off in your soul because improvement is meaningless when you're already on rock bottom with no goals. The NEET life isn't glamorous, its like Sato at the start of NHK, only without any of the other characters. Its just the first episode over and over and over again.
>>
File: 875748765354.png (298KB, 505x509px) Image search: [Google]
875748765354.png
298KB, 505x509px
>>38480632
crippling depression and feeling of worthlessness
>>
>>38480985
don't they have winters in japan? i can't figure how they used to live in those houses with fucking paper windows
>>
You eventually run out of videogames and movies to occupy your free time.
You end up posting in the +25 threads.
You die and no one finds your body until its badly decayed.
>>
>>38480985
>no resources
I want to live off investments
>lowest form of live, no respect
LOL i am already an outcast, that will not ever get a gf because i'm weak beta manlet and by so unattractive. Also I don't care about shit like social status
>>
>>38481007
shutters m8, shutters.
>>
what's the average livespan of a NEET

like when do they end up killing themselves usually
>>
>>38481007
Japan doesn't get too cold in the south. Hokkaido does but they have heaters. They also have shutters to cover the paper windows.
>>38481046
You're going to burn out eventually. Let me guess, you're 18-20, right? By the time you reach 25 video games and anime will repulse you. Eventually shitposting will be the only joy, and after that you will lose interest in that too. The future is longer than you think, and the human mind isn't built for repetition.
>>
File: z10442420IH,nosacz-sundajski.jpg (107KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
z10442420IH,nosacz-sundajski.jpg
107KB, 1000x667px
>>38481087
But I can always find myself new hobby right? I am free after all and have lots of free time. Also how working will prevent me from burning out?
>>
You will never have a gf or any social life.
You will eventually grow tired of vidya, shitposting and anime and everyday will be dreadful and boring.
You will have to cope with the fact that you are a disappoitment to your family.
You will have to cope with the fact that you are less than worthless parasite.
>>
>>38480632
It depends if you plan on socializing alot, what you want to do with so much free time, how motivated you are, etc.

If you just plan to play vidya, watch anime, browse 4chan all day I wouldn't suggest you this lifestyle, it can bore you to the death and make you misreable.
>>
>>38480632
Is there even any advantage?
>>
>>38481173
what hobbies?
Better come up with them now son. The whole "i have all the time in the world" meme ends rather quickly.
And if your current free time is spent in videogames and anime it won't really steer you towards any other hobbies
>>
File: snowynorwegianvillage.jpg (88KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
snowynorwegianvillage.jpg
88KB, 1280x850px
>>38481173
Hobbies start to feel hollow as time perception speeds up and months pass like days. It isn't what it cracks up to be. And what new hobbies do you want to pursue? If they cost money, they're off the table. How are you, a neet with no income, going to afford a $300 digital piano? A $200 acoustic guitar? $1000 worth of parts to build remote control airplanes?
Hobbies are hollow without people to share them with. Its easy to miss this little fact until you get into your late 20's and everyone else is getting married and having kids and making $90,000 annually while you haven't moved an inch since high school. What does tfw no gf mean when all the potential gfs are married?
>>
>>38481250
I want to start hunting right now. Don't know about anything else
>>
Question for all of you

I have a solid paying job that i work long hours at, a wife and a hose and cool shit but i have absolutely no friends and i dont really like anyone i meet. At all.
Do i still qualify as robo?
I genuinely have no friends and havent talked to anyone but myself in about 5 years.
>>
>>38480678
that's not true senpai
>>
It gets lonely, boring and depressing.
>>
File: beachfrontanimetown.jpg (293KB, 1652x1200px) Image search: [Google]
beachfrontanimetown.jpg
293KB, 1652x1200px
>>38481330
Guns cost between $300 and $2000 or more, depending. Not to mention the ongoing price of ammo and the amount of background checks you have to go through. You need a job for that. Plus, hunters tend to be ultra-bootstrap republicans and military veterans, they aren't friendly towards autists I don't think.
>>38481345
>haven't talked to anyone but myself
>a wife
Nani?
>>
>>38480632
There are only downsides.
>>
>>38480632
Extremely little money, no social life, no gf, disappointment to your family, if you're long-term NEET and want to change your mind later you're fucked due to job history gap, you'll be lonely, mental health will deteriorate, you exist because others let you, that existence is so meagre that nobody is actually jealous of you, you'll probably have to live at home like a manchild, this will make people resent you and goes back to your life being allowed on the whim of others, even r9k is becoming more normie so apart from wizardchan there is nothing left for you
>>
>>38481345
Most people on this board would envy you but I don't. You're fucked. She will divorce you and take you to the cleaners no matter how much you trust her or how incapable of something like that you think she is. Remember this post. Take some preemptive measures.
>>
>>38481345
But you have a wife and she found you attractive for some reason. No you are not robot.
>didn't talked to anyone in 5 years. Why don't talk with your wife?
>>
>>38481087
>the human mind isn't built for repetition.
is this for or against work
>>
>>38480632
your life is meaningless. it doesn't matter if you die tomorrow or in 10 years, it literally means nothing. that's why many just kill themselves.
>>
>>38481397
>he has spent so much time on the Internet that he has become unrealistically sensitive, bitter and cynical
>>
>>38481419
Neither, some jobs are repetitive and some aren't.
>>
>>38481419
Read "Industrial Society and its Future" and swallow the ultimate redpill about human nature. Neetdom will rot your brain and work culture will make you miserable and fat.
>>
>>38481330
You need money for that. Neet income is enough to cover your basic expenses and a little more.
And there's the psychological and background checks for a firearms license.
>>
>>38481374
>>38481468
I can't make enough from investments?
>>
>>38481445
>sensitive
I wouldn't call myself that.
>bitter
Less than most people here. I don't hate other people because I know if I was in their spot I'd do the same.
>cynical
Very but I just call it realistic.
>>
>>38481494
You won't have enough to invest idiot
>>
>>38481494
Also I have some real estate in inheritance abroad. I can just rent them
>>
>>38481494
what are these investments you speak of?
>>
>>38481536
I was thinking about stock market, gold, and crypto
>>
>>38481494
Investments are fickle you dumb shit. Lose all your money one time and what will you invest with? If investment was an easy practice we would be a world of millionaires.
>>
>>38480678
? You act like people are NEET by choice. Most people will have most of those problems prior to becoming NEET.
>>
>>38480632
If you live in a state or country that doesn't give neetbux then you end up on the street.

If you live somewhere that gives neetbux, there are no downsides. I wish I lived someplace where I could go neet and be paid by the govt.
>>
>>38481345
No because you managed to get a well paying job and a wife. That requires you to have social skills
>>
>>38481552
You won't get stable income from that.
And besides, after paying expenses, neet income leftovers are too little to make big investments at all.
>>
>>38481374
Well yeah i talk to my wife but its not like i can talk to her about guy stuff or get drunk with her and bullshit around.

>>38481397
Yeah im not some stupid idot man. I didnt marry a stacy. She actually stuck by me through some really heavy shit... i warned her before we got married that it was going to be a shit show for like 2 to 3 years and that we wouldn't have money and that we would probably live with my parents for 2 years... and she stood by me, didnt even flinch. ive been with her since 10th grade.
I understand the entire MGTOW thing but we legitimately love eachother and she had a lot of opportunities to leave me in the past. I was definitely not giving her the life she deserved at for our beginning years. I married a good girl.
Also i was her first. So i have shaped her to enjoy and do the shit i want and like.

>>38481399
She found me attractive because im not an asshole fuck boi who just wanted to get it in. She also has no friends. So we both are kinda the same. She said she liked me because i was real. I didnt pretend to be someone i wasnt? And as i said before i do but i cant talk to her about guy shit or get bullshit drunk with her. Ir do any guy stuff like shoot guns or fuck around with cars or something, things guys do i suppose.
>>
I'm a neet and I think about death daily
>>
>>38481679
MGTOW dude here. I'm really happy for you if that is the case my man. I honestly mean that. Don't worry too much about friends, pick up a few hobbies (if you have the time) and make friends through that. The best friends I had were those where I could discuss something we were both passionate about.
>>
File: 722 Rowlet.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
722 Rowlet.png
1MB, 1280x720px
im too busy to have a job
>>
Ok real talk, how the fuck do i maintain the NEET life without being kicked out of my home or getting my power/water cut ??
My country has a very retarded way of giving out NEETbux where you have to basically work 1 whole year just to be eligible to get NEET bux for 6 months only.
Are there any online or low effort jobs that can pay around $300 dollars a month, cuz that's all i need to pay for shit i use.
>>
>>38481593
I got the job because i am ok at critical thinking and problem solving. Also because i had to get a physical labor job because i didnt want to disappoint my dad and be a deadbeat and i developed heavy machine operating skills that also helped me get thia job. I basically have been working with heavy machinery since i was 17 so thats prob the only reason for that job. I thought i was too nervous at my interview. They must of been desperate honestly.

As for my wife she was kind of a cute weabo when we met and she likes me because i wasn't a normal teenage retard. And because i actually kinda talked to her and it developed from there.qe were together for the majority of highschool
>>
>>38481795
your best bet is to spin shit. buy laptops computer parts restore them and resell them. quite easy to do. fun as well.
>>
File: 1497553037934.jpg (65KB, 425x612px) Image search: [Google]
1497553037934.jpg
65KB, 425x612px
>tfw too intelligent to get a job originn
>>
>>38481722
Dude only hobbies I have besides videogames and fucking around with cars and guns is vinyl. And every vinyl shop is full of posers who dont even own record players or receivers or anything. I swear there is people who go in the shop look around pick shit up, put it down and then leave ive seeeen themm.
>>
>>38480632
Hey robots. I'm a 26 year old NEET since high school and I'm considering getting a job at the oil fields on the north slope in Alaska to make real money instead of starting at $6 per hour at Goymart. The fields are supposed to pay $100,000-$150,000 per year for newbies who are willing to put up with the freezing cold and total isolation to work up there, and I think I'm ready for it. Do any of you have experience in the oil industry? If I can break into this field I might find a predominantly male community of workers in an isolated location away from the rest of society where I can make real money. Sounds like a good deal.
>>
>38481893
I'm not from the US so I can't give you advice on that just try to find people with similar interests and meet up maybe even for a drink or something. Vinyl seems like a pretty niche hobby but you can probably find a lot of people into modding cars and discussing shit. There are other people who are longing for someone to discuss their hobby with and are afraid to reach out or something. If you are willing to be that person you can make a nice friendship or something idk.
>>
>>38482026
Everything will be retardedly expencive.
It will be cold.
You are going to be working with MEN, not guys, not chads, not dudes or men. MEN.

If you want a lot of money without a college degree try beign a machinery operator for some big company. Normally their benefits are pretty good and their pay is good also for work thats not that hard. You could make half of what you would make in the pil fields tho but you will be comfy and not be cold. But thats depending on the company and location.
>>
>>38482026
Can you be 0 experience for this job though? sounds good

I'd do something like that for 100k a year

that's enough to set you up for life
>>
>>38480723
Minimal social contact and bad brain exercise will catch up. Why do you think so many neets find it hard to escape their condition and just become sex-obsessed?
>>
>>38482119
I only know of one person who left for that to North Dakota and i make 3 dollars less than him. For 3 dollars difference i rather stay comfy.
And i highly doubt they just take anyone.
>>
>>38482118
>You are going to be working with MEN
This is a bonus. I do well with respectable men who know how to do their jobs and respect their peers. I dislike the whole cocky Chad attitude and the beta shit kicking around in California.
I have some technical training from community college, I could do mechanic work without trouble.
>>38482119
They seem to be advertising the positions as open to all. Experience apparently isn't important when they train on-site and when the main quality they want is being able to deal with the location and environment.
>>
>>38482180
do you know how much you're going to be spending on life though?

150.000 is nothing if you're spending 150.000 on just ilving there
>>
>>38482210
I might need to look that up. I can live simply but I don't think they have much housing up there outside of the oil towns. Its all natives and oil workers living on the fields and in the nearby towns. I've seen that regular products cost a metric fuckton, but I'm not interested in buying Goyim Cola anyways.
>>
>>38482180

>This is a bonus. I do well with respectable men who know how to do their jobs and respect their peers.

Nononono I don't think you understood.
You are going to deal with a lot of bullshit.
But hey man if you think you are cut out then good on you. I would do it but i think the money is not worth all the bullshit and cold weather.
I work with machines and work with a lot of MEN. People who are military, ex cons, trouble makers, real gritty men in thier 40s and 50s. There is heaps of bullshit in this field everywhere you go. Just shovel fulla of bullshit.
>>
>>38482302
Thanks for the advice anon, I appreciate it.
I'd like to think I can handle the bantz. I have thick skin and can shrug pretty much anything besides outright physical assault off. Plus if I sign up for something I'll see it through. I enjoy ultra-cold weather so with a thick coat, thermals, and a facemask I could do it I suppose.
>>
It starts off good but before long you'll start to regress in all areas. If you're the type of person who becomes a NEET then you are unlikely to do anything productive with your free time. I've been one for 3 years now and I feel like a shell of my former shelf, I can barely function. Its similar to the dream states in inception, if you go too far you can't come back from it.
>>
>>38482422
Neeto man
Good luck to you. Post back if you make it and tell us how it goes there.
>>
The downside is what other people think of you.

They always say not to worry about what other people think though sooooo
>>
>>38483697
ive also been asked
>what do you want to do in life?
apparently not working wasnt the answer
>>
>>38483743
People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them there's nothing I want to do with my life.

Do all normal people have hopes and ambitions?
>>
>>38483902
>Do all normal people have hopes and ambitions?
i guess
or theyre lying to themselves so they dont blow their brains out
>>
>>38480632
It is fun for first few months. Start to feel bad for leeching, doing nothing in life, going nowhere, everyday is essentially the same for years. You become entrapped in this mode of never wanting to do anything.

I want to start living again not just be alive. All the options suck and everything is so difficult. I don't know what to do.

being a neet is simply a band aid.
>>
>>38484375
maybe one of the worst parts is, everynight I have dreams about being back in middleschool/highschool despite hating being there. I really wish I could go back and change things.
>>
>>38484375
get your drivers license
apply for some shitty jobs
assuming you live with parents still just save 4 months of work salary (should be $6500+)
prepay your phone-bills for the next 6 months (~$200)
you now have $6300 to fuck around with the ability to go wherever you want and live cheap as fuck.

bonus pts if you get a van to sleep in to further reduce costs
>>
>>38480632
25+ NEET here.

My only complain is that since I'm leeching from my parents shit will end at some point, and not knowing when that day will come is maddening. I wish I could get goverment sponsored NEETbux.
>>
Why don't you guys try doing commercial fishing
It's comfy in a shitty way and has a high death rate
>>
>>38484636
I have really bad anxiety/body dis morphia about my appearance so it's hard for me to go out into public. I have bad adhd and have trouble focusing while driving, crashed into a mailbox, almost crashed a few other times.

Trying to find something online to save up for surgery to fix insecurity. Started learning programming/webdev, after 6 months of forcing myself to study everyday, I just realized it wasn't for me and it was too much effort/stress to do it just as a job. Applied to a few online tech support jobs, internet isn't good enough.

Doing art now, not sure how that's going to work since I have no desire to sell or do art for a living.
>>
NEET life can be pretty good if you set it up right. It all depends on how much cash you have in investments, you can be living pretty good.

But if you're dependent upon others, it's garbage.
>>
It's great for a little while
but eventually the depression hits hard because you spend your days doing nothing productive, nothing changes day by day. Months fly by and you can't even recall anything worthwhile that you did in that timespan.

You need to be very organised and have the will to DO STUFF. Thing is, with "infinite" free time you end up procrastinating everything, even the small stuff like hygiene.
>>
File: 1499489085648.png (136KB, 1274x370px) Image search: [Google]
1499489085648.png
136KB, 1274x370px
Don't even try I became a Neet
>>38480678 this guy's spot on I was a captain of a soccer team guess what now I'm struggling to lose weight have stretch marks and a lot of acne agoraphobia as well not afraid to go out but to find a former friend and shit.

I hate my Neet life.

Or life
>>
>>38486437
>normalfag cant deal with NEET life
NO WAY
HOW CAN THIS BE
WOW
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.