[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stoicism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: téléchargement (4).jpg (6KB, 170x255px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement (4).jpg
6KB, 170x255px
Is it possible to adopt a stoic way of life in modern world? Are robots in general closer to be on this path in comparision to normo-chado-stacy ppl thanks to their general idifference?
>>
who gives a shit

isabjfjdass
>>
>>38474016
stoicism is a stupid fucking feel-good philosophy based on falsehood and fallacious bullshit
>>
Lol if you think you're more stoic than anyone, that's pretty funny.
>>
>>38474016
I try to follow it when I'm not suicidal but that isnt often. If I wast a natural misfit, I would definitely try my best to be a true stoic. I do like the saying "age quod agis" which is literally "do what you do"

I like to think it just means be mindful of what you're doing and do what you feel is best
>>
>>38474047
OP here, the problem is that I'm not but I'd like to be, but to be that way I would need to find a way to shut down my emotiveness.
>>
The stoics, like all philosophers in antiquity, knew fuck all about the brain.

Now we know that emotions are the products of chemical reactions.

Their whole outlook is basically a joke.
>>
>>38474016
I'm just stoic because I know most people don't give a fuck about whatever is troubling you. And even if they do it'll just be shit tier advice on how to overcome it.
>>
>>38474016
>punch a stoic in the face, fuck his wife and burn down his house and he doesn't do anything

Stoic = literally modern cuck
>>
>>38475617
Not really. Maybe the ones who twist it around to mean cuck level apathy, but for me it just means having a rational response to things that happen to you. If you punched me, I would punch you. I you fucked my wife, I'd leave her. If you burn my house, I'll either sue or do the same to you. But being stoic also means not being super material. My house isn't much to weep over if it was burnt down, I have no woman, and I am secluded.

What's your "philosophy?"
>>
>>38474016
Become a government worker.

There are plenty of flavors to choose from and non of them come in cheery.
>>
>>38475664
Not that anon but I follow stoicism like halfway, the rest is a weird mix of existentialism and transcendental idealism (Sartre n schopenhauer mainly)

Some Buddhism, some taoism, none of the spiritual practice though

As of right now I'm depressed as fuck though so really there's nothing behind anything I do besides maybe trying to get better so I can be free again, not sleeping all day n stuff
>>
>>38475664
Not that guy, and I actually agree with Stoicism more than any other practical philosophy from antiquity (that has survived in written form), but it's worth noting that Marcus Aurelius' wife Faustina was unfaithful to him, to the point where people were openly gossiping about how she would flirt with gladiators, and his response appears to have been to do nothing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.