[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this game is older than most of /v/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

>this game is older than most of /v/
>>
My favorite game!

>tfw you will never join the Morag Tong
>>
>>38465064
>tfw you spent lifetimes on the xbox copy
>tfw you'd stand up for 3+ hours after school at the optimum reading distance
>tfw every game started the same way (run up the coast from starting village, find the exact cave with Chrysamere and take it then begin the game)

God I loved morrowind. When I got around to skyrim's dlc I stepped onto that ash-blasted island, heard the classic morrowind soundtrack start up- and almost wept
>>
>tfw you will never find Gentleman Jim Stacy locked away in a secret room in a bookstore
>>
>>38465415
>Chrysamere
I accidentally found this sword and it changed everything for me.
>>
>>38465064
Really love this game, but I never got around to finishing the main quest.
I'm doing a light armor/ short sword Dunmer playthrough and working on getting god tier power. Currently level 37 or 38 (can't remember). The main quest is fucking awesome and I regret not playing through it sooner.
Gonna try out Daggerfall soon too since I hear that's basically a fantasy life simulator.
>>
>used to trade systems back and forth just to play console exclusive games
>end back up with an Xbox for some reason I think this was after I had my fill of wind waker
>get this game because it was the only thing I could afford at the time with my Xbox again
>don't even know what I'm getting into
>fall in love with this amazing game
>felt like there were endless things to do
>play it for years
>even get the giant guide book and read it for hours because it was so much fun
>share it with friends at school

simpler times my lads
>>
I'm gonna do a playthrough as a Breton with heavy armor who relies mainly on conjuration for offense and uses a bow and a sagger when shit hits the fan. Wish me luck.
>>
>>38466233
I always found that the monsters you conjured would have too shitty AI to help out
>>
>>38466233
Good luck though!
>>
Does anyone else remember Solstheim?

Remember starting a mine and town on the island and watching it grow?

Remember hunting white wolves to make white wolf armor?

Finding that skooma crack head manufacturer in the forest?

Rebuilding that mead hall next to the lake?

Turning into a werewolf and killing the townspeople?
>>
>>38465848
This game did it all. Even my fucking father, the drugged out jesus nut played it and had an amazing time. He was the knighted out Breton witch hunter scouring the world looking for daedric shrines to purge
>>
>>38465064
It scares me if this is true or not but I fear that it likely is. Gamergate ruined /v/.
>>
>>38466391
>that mead hall
>A full set of ice armor
>going full yiff and hunting niggers through the maze at the behest of Hircine
>>
>>38466391
No. Sound like the expansion. I played it vanilla unpached. Didn't have internet back in those days. No way to easy google what to do. No arrows to guide you to the destination. You have to use your brain and actually read what NPCs say. Great game. Truly ahead of its time. Spend endless hours of my childhood on it. Just to kill the silly moon faced 'god' in the end.
>>
>>38466391
I loved that, I appreciated the nod to it in Skyrim. I remember running around Solstheim when I played Morrowind at my friend's house as a little kid
>>
>>38465064
holy shit my childhood, I love this game
>>
>>38466525
>Dagoth Ur did nothing wrong

He was your friend, your truest brother. He who swallowed his grief when those hearth-traitors came, having slaughtered you, to plunder the power placed in his care
>>
>>38466678
The only thing Dagoth Ur did wrong was be tempted by the power of the Heart of Lorkhan, which the Tribunal ended up using anyway. They're a bunch of hypocrites who murdered Nerevar, both him and Ur did nothing wrong.
>>
>>38465848
Never heard of this mythical sword, desu. I always just jacked the wood elf dude's ring and his treasure and then picked up the scrolls of super flight.
>>
>>38466494
Video games are so shit now. Companies even manage to fuck up remastering classics, desu.
>>
>>38466764
I want to say Ur fell into temptation after the tribunal galvanised his grief with their petty greeds

>>38466767
It boasted some solid defensive on-use spells and the some of the highest peak damage. 70 on a chop. In terms of raw item damage it was pretty savage, and you didn't have to try and murder/rob THE telvani lord for it
>>
>>38466233
I've always thought about doing a personality build. Anyone ever try that?
>>
File: 1444508096950.png (60KB, 212x206px) Image search: [Google]
1444508096950.png
60KB, 212x206px
Speaking of Morrowind, do you miss the early-mid 2000s era of things, robots?

People seem to think things when to shit after 9/11 but I think things from Late 2001-2006 were still fantastic. It was 2007 with the iPhone, Big bang theory, Recession, social media, etc. where things truly went downhill.
>>
>>38467658
>social media

The normies pretty much stayed on Myspace/Faceberg up until about 2011 or 2012.
>>
>>38468088
What? The normies never left Facebook after it usurped Myspace.
>>
>>38467658
stop forcing this factually incorrect copypasta
>>
>>38467658
A lot of things are better now though
>>
File: 450px-Gaia_Online_logo.svg.png (16KB, 450x200px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Gaia_Online_logo.svg.png
16KB, 450x200px
>>38467658
9/11 at least in America was a sign that our homeland security prior to that even was shit and also it changed the out look on how American citizens viewed America, believe or not there were people who thought America was this invulnerable from oversea threats.

The early 2000s (2000 - 2006) was a time where we were still clinching and stuck on the mid-90s but with few noticeable cultural progress. I personally loved the pre-2010s internet culture, there was a certain charm and lingo that normies never understood. For example the reason the "trolling" of Boxxy, Jessi Slaughter and Chris Chan were so memorable and effective was because at that time normies weren't in the "in club" so they stood out like a sore thumb. I also miss instant messaging anonymously and having an alias giving out your real name and pictures of yourself to guild members or online friends was a HUGE deal.
>>
>>38468109
How is it incorrect? Social media had a massive impact on the Internet and real life
>>
>>38465064
>The elder scrolls will never have a belt slot, pauldron slot, separate gauntlet slot, and ability to wear a robe over armor ever again.
>There will never be an unarmored skill ever again.
>You will never wear a ring forged by the dwarves that only you can equip and not die from wearing.
>You will never wield Trueflame again.
>You will never become a literal immortal being that no longer ages and resistant to all diseases and slays gods.
>You will never punch the last dwarf to death ever again.
>You will never have a crazy ex-wife who murdered you in your previous life to become a god and tries to kill your reincarnation.

No other Elder Scrolls game will ever compare.
>>
>>38468427
social media had been having it since late 90s
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.