[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to know what University degree to apply for?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1498267511245.jpg (95KB, 612x472px) Image search: [Google]
1498267511245.jpg
95KB, 612x472px
I'm getting fucking worried, this decision will determine my whole life.

I like(not a lot though) science and philosophy but that's like 50% of all degrees.

I have good grades so my parents want me to apply for medical school because the pay is nice and there is very good job security but I only have a mild interest for it(like most other degrees) and I've heard there is a lot of stress.
>>
Bump

Utpdzitupfzurpzpurzufpzuprzuprz
>>
literally every single parent tells their children to sign up for college. everyone signs up for it and only a minority ever graduate. the rest just waste their time, money and energy

it's just a meme invented to sweep youth unemployment under the rug since every young adult that signs up no longer counts as unemployed.

don't go to uni unless you are 100% sure it's what you want to do.
>>
>this decision will determine my whole life

But that's wrong, unless you're dead set on one profession that requires lots of higher education, but it doesn't sound like you are

Experiment with different classes, you can always switch your major
>>
nigga just go undeclared and do your gen eds first
>>
>3rd year of college about to begin
>still no idea what I want to do
>haven't signed up for classes yet; 1 month till semester starts
someone decide my fate, and do it FAST. I want to get this off my shoulders tonight
>>
>>38462552
uni is a waste of time, effort and money for someone like you. That is assuming you have poor grades and/or no desire to get a job that is worth a damn.
>>
>>38462552
Do you come from a very rich family?
Is you GPA above 3.5?
Do you handle stress well?
Do you have strong communication skills and confidence?

If no to any of these things then don't apply to medical school.

I work in the medical field as a RN. It's good pay, and I enjoy it, but it's still stressful. The flexibility though is great. I can literally work from home if I wanted too, and if I get tired with where I am I can literally go into multitudes of different fields from adult day care, the ICU, oncology, the OR, Psych, etc. I can get a job anywhere too since nurses are needed everywhere.

There are lots of other great jobs in the medical field. Research perfusionist they have a really interesting job and make well over 100k. I think their schooling is only 4 years too. There's not many programs out there and the job itself is stressful.

There's also radiology technician jobs. Their schooling I think is 2 or 4 years. They make decent money

Are you interested in engineering at all out of curiosity?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.