[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Success

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1498699130843.jpg (236KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498699130843.jpg
236KB, 960x960px
Why are peopke obssessed with "doing something with their lives". So much stress is caused by not feeling like youre "living up to your potential". Ironically i feel all this makes people more miserable. Life is short, shouldnt you want rather than just what makes you look good? Im a night guard at a mall. Its not an imoressive job, but it pays my bills and i get to walk around a spooky empty mall. On my off days i read and smoke a ton of weed. Im happy though. I have my own car and my own trailer. Its a simple life, but cozy. I dont aspire to change the world.
Pic somewhat related.
>>
>>38460335
A lot of people don't pick realistic goals.
It's a way of being dishonest with yourself and seeking out sabotage, and it's indicative of low self esteem rather than high self esteem you'd normally associate with goal oriented behavior.

More often than not, being driven is about making a series of short steps on the path to a quantifiable goal.
Owning a car for example is incredibly liberating and opens up further opportunities for other goals. But if you ask someone, what do you want to do with your life, people generally won't answer with 'first I want to buy a car'.
>>
I don't to die being a nobody. I have a set of passions I want to pursue.
I want to explore the world as much as I can and enjoy it..
I hate being bored
>>
I think it's human nature to get bored and start to explore your limits. Without that, we never would have left the caveman stage.

But, yes, this can turn negative at some point and people become dissatisfied with everything, which is no good. And social media makes it worse because you see a manufactured version of the lives others are living and it creates unrealistic expectations.

Ultimately, you should only be competing with yourself, to exceed your own previous achievements.
>>
File: 1495590596962.jpg (109KB, 607x340px) Image search: [Google]
1495590596962.jpg
109KB, 607x340px
Stress caused by wanting to achieve more all the time is easier to deal with than the existential dread I feel when I think about dying with no footprint.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.