[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the shortest amount of time you've held a job before

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 48

File: .....jpg (114KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
.....jpg
114KB, 849x565px
What is the shortest amount of time you've held a job before you quit or got fired?
>>
>>38460257
I quit my last (and only) 2 jobs on the same day I started. got home and cried all night
>>
I got hired for walmart but quitting in september for school

how angry ill they be and what's the best way to quit when the time comes?
>>
File: 1493834093833.jpg (67KB, 572x626px) Image search: [Google]
1493834093833.jpg
67KB, 572x626px
Two weeks and four days. It was a call centre job dealing with BMW support services. Basically if someone hit the Nav button they would get me and I could help direct them to restaurants, call tow trucks, etc. We also did accident calls so if someone wrecked it would automatically call us and we would have to call the ambulance, try to talk to the driver/passengers. Some calls were pretty intense.

Quit because I was going back to uni.

>>38460314
tell them you are going back to school. unless you are a full time and they think you are making a career of it they shouldn't care. Even if they do, people quit WalMart all the time. Just let them know a couple weeks in advance or something, wont be a problem.
>>
>that pic
What the FUCK happened to retail general? We need to bring hat shit back.
>>
Haven't been fired, but my first job I quit after a month because I was fucking shit and knew I was going to be fired any day. My second job I did for 3 months until I got made redundant.
>>
>>38460257
2 weeks as a warehouse worker when I was 18, got pissed at having to do almost all the work
>>
File: 11787511.jpg (29KB, 351x336px) Image search: [Google]
11787511.jpg
29KB, 351x336px
>>38460257
cinema
>first week is star wars premiere
>'anon we have no time train you on till, you must clean for at least one week'
>start 6pm
>quickly clean popcorn and shit on the floor everywhere
>literally no rest just rush to next screen and repeat
>finish 4am
>feet fucking killing me with shitty shoes I was forced to wear as uniform
>had to cycle 11 miles back home
>same shift the next day
didnt even bother to show up.
>>
>customer gets mad that we don't carry some strange random item
>demands I order it
>can't order anything the store doesn't already carry, and even then, have to have the UPC
>and even then, it probably won't arrive because the merchandise for our store ends up at other stores and their stuff ends up here
>>
>>38460257
>had a couple summer jobs in university
>all two months long
>doesn't count as they were meant to be two months long

>worked at a call centre for a year before they fired me for hanging up on customers
Should have quit. Worst job I've held.

>worked for seven years at a Shoppers Drug Mart
>got fired for "stealing" Shoppers points
Again, should have quit. Fucked my schedule over, etc.
>>
No disrespect but I hate my job and my life in general and want to kill myself, but when I see someone around my age (25) working in retail it keeps me going somebody has a worse life than me.
>>
I literally worked in a mom & pop pet store for 1 week or less than 7 days.
I showed up on time and ready to work but they tried to get me to be more friendly than I wanted to be as just a cashier because they depend on every sale they make, when most if not all of their products are overpriced or specialty items already.

They called me up and said sorry we don't think you will be a "good fit" and I picked up my check and that was it.
>>
>>38460808
What do you do for a living m8
>>
>>38460808
What if the person doing retail doesn't want to kill themselves anon, unlike you. Who's living the better life now?

You're judging success and life as a whole on your career alone and that is what's destroying you.
>>
File: 1493861334370.jpg (83KB, 474x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493861334370.jpg
83KB, 474x600px
>>38460257
>spend a month trying to get hired at factory job
>fired within 3 hours
>>
I quit from a foodmaxx in 2 days. I couldn't handle the pressure
>>
>>38460872
If they dont want to kill themselves while working retail then they are already soulless and I win.
>>
>>38460879
fuck what did you do? is it a cute story?
>>
Less than a week.

As a supermarket cashier. Spent like 3 days on training and orientation. I was having really bad problems with anxiety but my parents pressured me into it. Had a panic attack the first day and spent half an hour hiding in the bathroom. The second day I got there 2 minutes late and the system wouldn't let me clock in. It just said to see a manager. I was so anxious I just left and went home.

I didn't want to tell my parents I quit so I'd wear the uniform and just go sit in my car for hours.
Kept the lie up for almost 2 months.
>>
>>38460788
>it's a customer thinks it's my fault personally that we don't have a certain item in stock episode
Bonus points if it's not even my department that would carry that item
>>
>>38460893
you're being very elitist for a _______... what is it that you do again, anon?
>>
>>38460796
What was shoppers drug mart like?
Why did they think you were stealing?
>>
>>38460294
what were those 2 jobs and why did you quit so quick
>>
File: 62879835_p1_master1200.jpg (408KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
62879835_p1_master1200.jpg
408KB, 1200x1200px
>>38460257
One week. They fired me after ONE WEEK.
I still have these things on which i remember it and oh god no no no no why
>>
File: 1499694307515.png (863KB, 1079x606px) Image search: [Google]
1499694307515.png
863KB, 1079x606px
>>38460257
SIx days at a sub sandwich joint. I just couldn't handle the constant rush (the restaurant was located in a big commercial area so the lunch rush was insane), annoying and stuck up highschooler normalfag coworkers, the embarrassment of being 21 and a first-time fast food worker, and having to de lwith my passive-aggressive soccer mom of a manager. Plus, on my first day, I accidentally dropped a hot sandwich on the floor and the manager yelled at me in front of customers and I couldn't handle the embarrassment. Quit the morning of the 6th day before my shift started, manager didn't even care about me putting in my 2 weeks since I was still technically in training (even though I was basically left to my own devices from the beginning).

So glad I quit that shitty job, since now I work at a warehouse making double what I made at the sub shop. I really don't understand how anyone can tolerate working food service, it's such soul-draining shit work that makes you feel like absolute shit.
>>
3 months. did the dishes in a pretty fancy restaurant when i was 17 but had to work 8/9 hour shifts with no breaks. also got made fun of for being quiet.
>>
>customer gets mad at me because the pinpad won't let them get cash back
I literally have 0 control over it. All I can do to the pinpad is reset it when it freezes. I can't choose whether or not they can get cash back, or if it even gives them the choice.
>>
>>38460961
Please be my ONE WEEK girlfriend.
>>
File: 1494183035339.jpg (113KB, 875x550px) Image search: [Google]
1494183035339.jpg
113KB, 875x550px
>>38460908
Cute story? Not really

>working in group of people
>all assuring the products are up to quality standard
>we put all the bad ones in a pile
>manager comes over to check defects
>"there's nothing wrong with some of these!"
>looks at older lady in our group
>"was it the new idiot who did this?"
>realize I'm the only new employee
>"excuse me? I'm not some idiot alright."
>"shut up, I'm not talking to you."
>promptly tell her her to fuck off
>get sent home
>>
I got hired on a Friday, fired exactly a week later

>Be me
>be 19 years old
>get wagecuck job at local supermarket
>It's my first ever job
>I'm a cashier, and the only male cashier
>There's a group of wetback mexicans that work in the back area
>One of those shitskin fags hated me from the moment he saw me
>He would always walk by me and call me a girl and a woman every chance he got
>On my last day, I had enough
>I walked up to him, called him an ugly faggot, and then punched him right in the nose
>It's the first time I've ever punched anyone in my life
>The punch doesn't affect him very much, but he bitched out and he immediately ran to the manager so that he could rat me out
>Manager runs over to me, she a fat white landwhale cunt
>She asks me if what he said was true
>I said yes, and that I was sick of him being such a faggot and bothering me so much
>She screams at me saying: "MY EMPLOYEES DO NOT ACT LIKE THAT IN MY SUPERMARKET. GET OUT NOW, AND DON'T COME BACK!"
>I walked out feeling angry as all hell, but glad for myself, that for once in my life I stood up for myself.
>>
>>38461001
wow. Well at least you left with your pride intact i guess
>>
>>38461001
She was a cunt, you did nothing wrong. Although if you cared more about the job than your own dignity, you might not have gotten fired if you hadn't told her to fuck off.
>>
File: 1995145877.jpg (72KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1995145877.jpg
72KB, 1200x1800px
>>38460314
Just give them two weeks notice at the minimum if you know when you will have to leave before that just tell them you wont be working after that date shouldn't be a problem
>>
>>38460911
>The second day I got there 2 minutes late and the system wouldn't let me clock in. It just said to see a manager. I was so anxious I just left and went home.

That's pretty intense anon, a year ago I probably would have done the same but I can't really afford to be autistic like that anymore because at this point in my life it's pretty much sink or swim.
>>
>>38461001
I remember this story before.

Screw that lady.
>>
>>38460946
It was a mixed bag. I got along with most people there, but the management continuously tried to fuck my shit up. Promised me weekends off for years before giving it to me, making me work most holidays (often by myself), making me come in on my days off, etc. Treated like a cuck, and too lazy to find another job.

I added points on my card a couple times. I legit thought I was allowed to do it, but they fired me before explaining that shit to me. Stupid behavior, but whatever.

Other Shoppers may be different, but i dunno

I'm in another, better job now, though.
>>
If you're a robot type, there is no probably no greater hell on earth than working retail. You think you hate people, you think you hate life? Just wait....haha....
>>
7 hours

i was high on weed and got into a fight with the chef
>>
>>38461015

You did well anon. Good fucking thing.

>but he bitched out and he immediately ran to the manager so that he could rat me out

You were the dominant alpha male in this moment anon.
>>
>>38460257
1 day

Not even kidding
>>
File: 1497318266797.jpg (269KB, 922x691px) Image search: [Google]
1497318266797.jpg
269KB, 922x691px
>>38461112
I work overnights at a grocery store . It's perfect

>chop and put fruit and vegetables in packaging (easy af work)
>work overnights, so no customers to harass me
>other overnight staff tend to leave me alone
>can listen to my own music or podcasts

I'm the guy who worked at Shoppers and a call centre. This job is miles ahead of both
>>
>>38461083
Sounds shitty, I work with Loblaws as well (Superstore) and they pull similar shit with me. When I first got hired they made me work 8+ hour closing shifts entirely by myself with no one else in my department before I even got any training.

On the up side it's unionized so if they fuck me too hard I can go to them I guess.
>>
>2 days
>Call centre that cold called people trying to sell the company product
>The company product was fucking WINDOWS
>WHO WAITS FOR SOMEONE TO CALL THEM TO REPLACE A FUCKING WINDOW
>High pressure sales environment where everyone had to stop and applaud if someone made a sale
>At start of the day and after lunch, had team morale building exercises where we had to do shit like make a team rap about windows
>At the end of the day, people who hadnt made a sale (out of 40 of us, itd be 30+ because we'd just spent 8 hours trying to sell fucking windows to people) had to do a forfeit like kissing a fish the manager had bought at the supermarket
>Thought it would just be a one day thing to fuck with the new staff, turned up the second day and is exactly the same, turns out this shit is a daily thing
>>
File: 1458603919146.jpg (49KB, 960x767px) Image search: [Google]
1458603919146.jpg
49KB, 960x767px
I've got two choices for employment after a couple of months of NEETdom

>working deli in a supermarket
>working overnight maintenance in a Walmart

Which one is better?
>>
>>38461112
>You think you hate people, you think you hate life? Just wait....haha....

so fuckin true, I've had 2 wagecuck retail jobs so far, and both co-workers and customers can be some of the shittiest people I've ever seen.
>>
I would rather be a NEET over working the jobs you losers work. Its one thing to be a failure but at least at home you can hide it.
>>
>>38461241
Overnight maintenance at Walmart. No dealing with customers and I assume it's better pay.
>>
>>38461267
being a neet is unsustainable
>>
I've been hired for 3 jobs within 1 week and quit all them within a day. I walked out mid shift on one of the jobs too (overnight stocking)
>>
>>38461241
I've never worked a job in my life but I'd choose the overnight maintenance for sure. I imagine working a deli and talking to customers all day to be a special brand of hell.
>>
I did customer service at Lowe's as a summer job for about a month before the manager called me into his office and said that corporate had called and said their summer sales were lower than expected, and they had to let their seasonals go. To this day I still think they were just bullshitting a story so they could fire me, although the only thing I can think of that I did blatantly wrong was sigh noticeably on a really busy Saturday when some baby boomer woman was giving me shit about "checking in the back" for her deck umbrella.
>>
>>38461308
>I've never worked a job in my life

Who supports you, mommy and daddy or the government tit?
>>
>>38461112
Stacking shelves is alright, especially when the store is shut
>>
>>38461333
Various sugar daddies. I have a fetish for older men so it's not exactly the worst thing in the world.
>>
>>38461241
Depends what supermarket it is. If it's costco i would do that. Overnight maintenance sounds like you would be a janitor overnight so it would be considered comfy for the average robot.
>>
>>38461217
that's pretty brutal
your post reminded me that I actually spent an entire month in a stupid cold calling sales thing like that
I mean yours sounds worse but if it was that bad maybe I would have left sooner
fuck sales and fuck employment
>>
>>38461193
Man, that sucks.

They pulled similar shit woth me, regarding training. They'd get bitchy when i asked for clarification whenever i was put in a job i rarely did, too.

Wish Shoppers was unionized. How does that work in retail?
>>
>>38461313
lowes drops people just for fun, even if they aren't seasonal
>>
>>38461217
>At start of the day and after lunch, had team morale building exercises where we had to do shit like make a team rap about windows

Thats more brutal than kissing fish
>>
>>38461241
Overnight by a mile. No customers, unsocial hours, more pay. Literally no downsides for a robot.
>>
File: 1458477593969.png (284KB, 960x709px) Image search: [Google]
1458477593969.png
284KB, 960x709px
>>38461292
>>38461308
>>38461389
>>38461554
Alright that's what I was thinking. The only problem is that I'm supposed to start Thursday at the supermarket and Walmart just called me for an interview tomorrow. Would it be best to just quit the supermarket job?
>>
>>38461732
Wait and see if you get hired first.
>>
>>38461732
>start working at first store
>go to walmart interview
>if you get hired, accept it
>if not, at least you have a job
>>
>>38461732
>>38461853
This. Cover your arse, don't put all your eggs in one basket.
>>
>>38461486
>How does that work in retail?
Mandatory raises every 500 hours and dental + medical coverage.
It's pretty sweet tbqh
>>
Who /shelf stocker/ here?
>Rock in at 3pm.
>Put stuff out on shelves for four hours.
>Go home.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
>>
>>38460781
So, what, an hour and a half of commute each way? A ton of people with cars do that, anon.

Why not just take the bus or whatever other transit?

That does sound like it wasn't an easy weekend to start though.
>>
Got a job as a dog groomer. At the end of the day she handed me cash and thanked me and said she wouldn't need me anymore. I have no idea what I didn't do well but I thought it would be fun working with doggos but if you're bathing them they all hate you anyway.
>>
just started working 4 days ago, already want to quit. do i get paid if i quit today or do i need to work 1 week to get paid? everyone says they are paid weekly.
>>
File: 1458796744384.jpg (130KB, 674x922px) Image search: [Google]
1458796744384.jpg
130KB, 674x922px
>>38461815
>>38461853
>>38461885
Got it, thanks a lot boys.
>>
>>38461947
My experience of that was:
>not knowing where stuff goes
>don't manage to eventually learn where everything is because shit memory
>end up lugging a full pallet around all day while the boss yells at me for being slow and incompetent
>customer comes and asks me yet another question I don't know the answer to
>accidentally come across as rude because autism and socially awkward
>they go and complain to the manager and I get another bollocking for being an unhelpful dick
>get called to the tills because it's understaffed as per usual
>some angry paki shouts at me because I don't scan his shit fast enough
>>
>>38460257

1 month. was tempted to quit earlier. the girl that joined at the same time did quit in.. a week or maybe 2 I think.
>>
>>38462019
Unless it's some dodgy place that doesn't give a shit I can't imagine they wouldn't pay you for a few days work. I think they would still have to pay you for as long as you worked, but that's just my guess. Just make sure they have your bank details before you can it, and at least hand in a notice of some kind.
>>
>>38461909
That seems to make the fucking around worth it then
>>
One day washing dishes in a Mexican restaurant in Jackson Wyoming
>>
>>38460257
>>38462069

To be fair the job was as a phone salesman. as in. psysically selling phone things. subscriptions and phones. I can't just harass randoms so, was horrible.
>>
How do I get the balls to quit? I tell myself I'll quit if I find something else. But there is nothing else. All that's around here is retail and fast food, that's all I can do.
>>
>>38460257
>start job as line cook
>maybe 2 minutes in the guy down the line instead of moving around me elbowed me aside aiming for my short ribs despite there being tons of space behind the line itself
>next time he tries just shove his elbow past me hard and he does a cartoon spin and coats himself in squash soup from head to toe
>manages to kick my legs out while doing the slip and slide on the floor
>soup wrestling on the floor
>at some point fist get added to the mix and the chefs on the sidelines with the sous chef both laughing their asses off
>guy manages to knock my glasses off
>for some reason this actually made me genuinely blind with rage for a split second for the first time in my life
>second i come to so to speak i realize i'm holding a carving knife to the guys throat
>just keep repeating "you gonna stop?"
>eventually situation defuses and chef says its been a hard day maybe i should go home
>whole day was maybe 20 minutes of commute and 10 minutes of work
>second i walk through the door my phone rings
>its the chef
>says its not gonna work out
>okay.
>>
File: 1467765341219.png (190KB, 511x479px) Image search: [Google]
1467765341219.png
190KB, 511x479px
3 weeks in KFC
My manager expolited me and mentally abused me from the start and also that the job was mentally draining, also recieved little train where i was expected to know what to do
>first day i was on my knees scrubbing fat and grease from every corner of the kitchen while the manager and his cronies smirked and complained that i was doing it wrong.
Manager was foreign too, fuck him
>>
>>38460257

<blogpost regarding my dull life>

8 months, sandwich shop while living at home.The business folded shortly after I left, and the building stood empty for a number of years, next to a flophouse motel, before finally being demolished, the basement filled in, and a brand new Goodwill location being erected on the site with a slightly different address from the old building. Years later I lived in a nice apartment just north of the site, and I'd walk past the dumpy empty building every so often, remembering the stupid old job. The manager was cool but the owner was a bit of a fat old bald "hurr football" ex-chad dick who wasn't very conscientious about his side business, and there was this one really tall kid who was a total horse's ass. I just about popped him in the mouth for his snark once or twice but he was bigger than me. One time the manager (friends with him) could sorta tell that he'd gone too far (he had some other co-worker really flustered) so he checked the tall guy by hard sorta-play-kicking him in the shin, and the asshole was clearly hurt and chuckling, to the general satisfaction of the back room, but his pride hadn't been damaged unfortunately.

During this interval I also held down a clerkship at a Wal-Mart - having been hired at both within a few days of each other, I arranged it so as to part-time at both, working 60-70 hour weeks during this period. My purpose was to rapidly eliminate a small amount of student debt, and begin saving to complete undergrad (I had one year left, I had to take time off because I'd been fucking up). Once I was out from under the debt I took it easy and went full-time at the Wal-Mart for the next year. Eventually I went back to school and finished.

I have never been fired from a job. I'll never understand why people go through the job hoop thing and then quit in under six months. All work sucks, you knew what you were getting into. Just suck it up and hold down what you have for a little bit.
>>
almost 4 months. Every other job I've managed to not get fired for 5-6 months.
>>
>>38461015

>that last line

Proud of you anon. :)
>>
>recently got a job working at the local Subway
>my first job in 8 fucking years since I was 15 and had a paper route
>first days on the job are hard, I am struggling to make the sandwiches
>I keep putting things in incorrectly, calling customers by guessed first names, dropping food, even dropped a customers money and a guy grabbed it and stole it
>however I thought I was getting better and my coworkers seemed to be encouraging me more
>even thought the cute girl there was flirting with me
>after a few days the manager calls me aside
>'anon, we've had reports from (cute girl) that you seem to be struggling in your role. I remind you, this is a probationary period and if you don't improve it will come to an end'
>get really fucking nervous
>still have 2 hours left on my shift
>can barely think straight
>start to panic whenever customers come in
>the girl who told the manager I am shit is rgiht there watching
>first customer who comes after the speech
>he asks for extra lettuce, so I give him like 5 handfuls trying to please him, and he gets annoyed at me and tells me not so much, get angry and basically shout at him 'LETTUCE IS MOSTLY WATER YOU NEED TO STAY HYDRATED'
>next customer who comes in, I give the wrong type of bread, then when I get the right bread it turns out to be wrong, then again, then I finally get it right but the customer is really mad at this point, and starts loudly asking for his veggies in a slow tone like 'I want TOMATO. THAT IS THE RED ONE'. As he does this I repeat words back to him, so when he asks for tomato I point and shout 'RED' as he nods at me
>third customer who comes, asks for a meatball sub. The meatballs are kept warm in the little box thing, and I grab them with my hands for some reason. Burn my hands, shout at the customer to fuck off and grab his own balls, then storm out of the shop and never go back

fucking stupid wage manager cucks.
>>
1 day. was working as a temp at a dollar store type thing. it was so boring that i couldn't bring myself to go back the next day.
>>
6 months.

It was a psych hospital. I worked there PRN, and they would pull me to various units. I would be with new co-workers, new patients, and new units pretty much every time I worked. It was tough because I never knew what was going on and had no rapport with the patients because I was sent all over. It was stressful, annoying, and unsafe. I left and was way happier.
>>
Call center job at the university I went to, lasted for two and a half weeks. I was the faggot who calls people asking for donations.

>get 1k donation on third day after training
>think this job isn't so bad, most people just immediately hang up or don't answer
>have to ask for donations three times a fucking call, only allowed to stop if people have medical issues
>have to ask people who literally tell me they're still paying student loans for money
>have to ask people who donate thousands to put up scholarships for money
>have to ask people who do pro bono work for the university
>call people who graduated from the education department second week
>tennessee has one of the lowest teacher wages in the US, people yelling about having no money all the time
>quit after a call where a guy told me he was on his way to divorce court
>>
File: 1500041353426.jpg (44KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1500041353426.jpg
44KB, 320x320px
>>38462493
>calling customers by guessed first names
>>
File: 1379589086263.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1379589086263.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>38462493
>The meatballs are kept warm in the little box thing, and I grab them with my hands for some reason. Burn my hands, shout at the customer to fuck off and grab his own balls, then storm out of the shop and never go back
ahaha for fucks sake anon
>>
Did training then quit after two days of work. This was a month ago and I still have yet to find a new job.
>>
>>38460257
3 months. I got fired for not telling a coworker I have a customer his $200 when I had a problem. He needed something else besides his change and her not knowing have him another $200
>>
>>38462493
i really hope you're making this all up
>>
>>38460677

This

T B H
B
H

Original comment i swear robot
>>
>>38462257
>blogpost

That was quite literally the most boring thing anyone has ever typed and then chosen to post on 4chan.

Fuck you.
>>
A Dunkin Donuts, maybe a month? I don't even remember.

Boss told me they were reworking the schedule, "we'll call you" whenever I tried to ask, and ghosted me. Eventually got a letter in the mail confirming I was fired. It didn't even say that exactly, it was more of a unemployment information thing.
>>
>>38460257
A month. It was at a BK. The manager was a complete bitch who berated me in front a customer once and actually laughed when I told her I was quitting. The assistant supervisor asked my dad if I was retarded (I was 17, but still).

>>38461949
You really think a 90 minute commute is the slightest bit worth it for a min wage job?
>>
>>38462493
Oh. my. God.

I really want to meet you IRL
>>
I've only ever had one job. Next month is my first year anniversary and I'm planning on quitting around that time.
>>
>one month
>upper management complaining that they're getting too many complaints, need to be super nice, suck every customer's dick, never argue over a price change, do every refund, fulfill every request
>next month
>upper management complaining that every customer is a thief and that we shouldn't just do price changes so easily, shouldn't give a refund every time and should never give out gift cards
>next month
>upper management goes back to complaining that we're not nice enough
They must be bipolar, one month they want us to sexually service everyone who walks through the door, the next month they're like "nevermind, hold a camera over every one of them and question their every move".
>>
>>38460257

I've worked retail for 5 years, ama
>>
Literally one hour. I applied to be a pizza delivery driver as a second job for spending money. The first day I asked when do I start driving and the guy who hired me told me I was going to be working register and they didn't need any drivers. Walked out right there and never came back
>>
>>38462751
How haven't you killed yourself yet.

origg
>>
File: dgfr.gif (204KB, 600x538px) Image search: [Google]
dgfr.gif
204KB, 600x538px
>>38460257
4 days. We got robbed and the manager blamed me for not fighting back. He had a gun and I had nothing.

I shouldn't have quit because now I'm getting rejected by every single fucking shitty place, even goddam coffee shops won't hire me. I'm sure I will kill myself in the next few weeks if nothing comes back.
>>
>>38462753
Good deal. I know pizza places and even places like Panera (because seriously, who the fuck orders take-out from Panera?) advertise a high delivery rate with the "tiny" stipulation you work in the store for min wage when you aren't driving. Well guess what most of your job is going to be?
>>
File: ed.jpg (104KB, 620x928px) Image search: [Google]
ed.jpg
104KB, 620x928px
>>38462589
>I got fired for not telling a coworker I have a customer his $200 when I had a problem
>>
File: 1493227160037.png (59KB, 576x507px) Image search: [Google]
1493227160037.png
59KB, 576x507px
>>38462493
>'LETTUCE IS MOSTLY WATER YOU NEED TO STAY HYDRATED'

Fucking hell anon I'm gonna piss my pants
>>
I worked UPS over the holidays for $11/hr.
I love working hard but the week before Christmas we put in 60 hours and we only get one break to eat shitty fast food. Most of the managers were dicks. Saw one get in an argument with a cleaning guy (they have hazardous material handlers) because he stopped a conveyer belt to remove a bunch of broken glass.
The volume of packages is insane, each employee will touch about a thousand packages a night. The whole system overflows into backup sorting areas and shit and everything gets crushed and tossed around.
Loading trucks was much easier, and all the drivers were saying I was the best loader they had. I was basically autistic about organising and labeling everything.
Then as soon as the holiday is over you get stuck with only 5 hours a night so you don't even clear $250 a week.
I just ended up leaving and the manager actually called me twice trying to get me to come back. I make more delivering food without the shit hours or environment. Normal shift is 3-8am. I ended up quitting after 3 weeks... And theyll hire a few dozen temp workers and only keep a handful, so I was one of the good ones.
>>
>>38462493
Hope you're not that fake story telling brit
>>
I think it was two weeks

>get assembly line work
>easy AF mostly just mind-numbindly soul crushing
>peeling mangoes or putting fruit in little plastic containers
>every time I managed to get comfy and drift off mentally during one of those easy shit jobs
>I get moved somewhere else
>eventually get moved to a steamy hot room where shit was being washed and I had to operate the washing machine
>realise that I'm being thrown around the place for fun or something
>eventually I go back to one of the good jobs
>guy comes up to me and tells me to go someplace else
>pretend don't hear him
>he insists
>tell him I'm fine here
>he goes to complain
>I go for a talk with manager
>he tells me I need to be flexible
>I say that I quit
>go out and never come back
>>
>>38462778
I've worked customer service for over eight years

Alcohol helps
>>
>>38460257

Less than a shift

New job called me Midway through my shift and i left after finishing it
>>
>>38460257
About a week. Was an "appointment setter" doing cold calls but everyone hates telemarketers and I'm a bitch so after the week of training I couldn't handle the actual calling portion of the job and quit.
>>
File: i cant even.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
i cant even.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>>38462068
>Work graveyard shift stocking at wally-mart

>Constantly told I'm too slow because I never meet the task times set by the system
>Managers constantly telling everyone those times don't mean anything/are automatically generated/just a estimate

>Get "coached" multiple times because I don't "Take ownership of my department."
>MFW always working in different departments

????????????????????????????

Literally lost my hair working at that place but it was the only job I could get for 4 fucking years.
>>
>>38462753
My SO did that for one day too. It was the worst shit ever. I actually came with him that day and sat in the car. The pizza place was super shady in a very shitty area of Philly and the costumers were awful. They wouldn't even tip, big god damn pittbulls would be sperging out at the doors, one lady literally had no shirt, people wouldn't even say thanks, $3 an hour base pay, it was awful.

I knew someone who was like king of short term jobs. He literally must have had like 200+ jobs. I swear he had Fetal alcohol syndrome...finally after so much bullshit he lands a $15 job at Home Depot by some miracle. All is well for a few months and then a coworker spilled coffee on him, and he spergs the fuck out.
>>
1 day, started the job as a dishwasher

during first lunch i quit

they treated me like shit and was asking me to do lots of shit that isnt my job and i got yelled at for being slow

honestly, i believe in fair wage, if you pay me a fair wage and increase my pay if you get me to do more shit that initially i wasn't suppose to do, then i have no problem continuing it.

all the jobs i had where i quit, it was because i was asked to do more than what i was paid.

i.e. dishwash and food prep but only the pay of a dishwasher

handling calls from 5 different departments and only getting paid for 1

performing the role of 2 person for the pay of 1

its shit like this that i dont like because i am essentially doing the job of 2 or more people but you are only paying me the wage of 1 person. the catch is also the fact that when i initially started those jobs, I was only doing a 1 person job and after i did such a good job, they add more and more shit for me to do but never increase my pay, tell me, who in the world would continue to work for those kind of morons
>>
>>38462778

I like my job and it's p. Ez
>>
>>38460257
i got a job at taco bell one time, i came in and watched about two hours of training videos, they said they'd call me when they needed me next
called me in like five weeks after i'd already got another job
>>
>>38460314
It's a business. They're used to people quitting, so no, they won't be mad (unless you went out of your way to make it seem like you were going to be there long-term).

Just give them two weeks notice.
>>
If I count temporary contracts, four months. 9 months for my last job which was at a shit company that made no money. Tried to fire me on the basis I worked slowly but they just couldn't afford to pay.
>>
>>38462666

Happy to bore you, Satan. :^)
>>
File: toyota_crown_sedan_13.jpg (1MB, 2220x1730px) Image search: [Google]
toyota_crown_sedan_13.jpg
1MB, 2220x1730px
>>38462493
Subway is a special kind of hell.spent three fucking years there.Too bad I was too stupid to leave before I went mad and got fired.
>>
>>38460314
walmart is a revolving door of kids and failures. One less won't piss them off because they are used to it .
>>
>>38461949
I live in the middle of no where so the buses stop at 10pm.
>>
2 weeks. Construction clean up. I would just get screamed at every day for the job I did. The worst part is I thought everything was my fault, it's only doing other construction jobs later that I realized how abnormal the situation was.

One time as I was sweeping the clients driveway an older employee told me not to bother and take off for the day, as he was planning to work late and would be making a mess anyways. He assured me he'd clean up after himself. Got a call the next morning from my boss bitching at my because the client got a nail in their tire.

Fuck everyone at that company.
>>
Are most jobs going to be hard or stressful? ive never had an interbiew ever but just change afew trucks oil and help with stuff like that through the day, put ina drive shaft or change some air brakes and stuff and its not hard but I worry that if I ever had to get a job somewhere else id be clueless and my bosses would yell at me all the time and not show me how to use the registers and stuff

are interviews real bad?
>>
>>38460257

I've had like 40+jobs and bailed on a lot of them pretty fast.

The fastest ever though was when I was 17 and working as a pizza delivery driver, I lasted a couple hours.

It was my first night and I wasn't totally familiar with the town, so it was taking me a while to make deliveries.
I came back into the store and the manager didn't realize I was back, and when I was standing behind him right as he was talking shit about me to one of the other employees.
Basically he was calling me stupid and said he needed someone who knew what the fuck they were doing.
Then he turned around and saw me and his eyes literally went wide in fear for a second (he was a manlet) and then instantly did a 180 and his whole mood changed, it was the creepiest thing I ever saw. He pretended like he was super nice and was like "Oh hey man, back already? I got another a couple more orders for you to take you can take both of these at once since they are close by"

I just stared at him and said "Were you talking about me just now?"
He kind of laughed and was like "what? nah man not at all."
I was pretty pissed so I just handed him my bag and told him I was done and walked out.
>>
1 hour

Applied for night shift stocking a grocery store.

Did training and orientation. Got super excited to meet the team and learn the ropes.

First night in I quit in under an hour because the guy responsible to train me didn't speak a word. Just mumbled something about stocking ketchup and I didn't know I had to put old stuff at the front and I didn't know where to grab more things to stock. He literally did not talk to me and I felt like I was wasting my time and that it wasn't worth the minimum wage.
>>
Three months
>have summer job in library as 17-year old kid
>People are the scammiest rats, arguing about 5 cent fines for overdue books
>lose hope in humanity
>>
1 month

IT Support for a "Managed Service Provider"
Basically a glorified call center
No real training expected to take calls without any training on how their system works
Employees are not allowed to talk to each other. We where expected to communicate only through a internal instant messaging system
There was no real procedure for escalating issues. I kept on getting in trouble for escalating stuff to soon or too late.
All the customers where always pissed and have no patience. Expect you to pull miracles out of your ass and seem to have the idea that they are the only client we are serving. "I've waited 30 seconds why isn't my computer working yet?"
Lost my shit with an asshole customer over the phone one day. Put in my resignation in the next day. Felt a whole lot better.
>>
>>38460257
Four hours at a tire warehouse. Guy unloading the truck would bowl tires at you without stopping and you had to catch them and stack them on pallets one after another six feet high. Barely made it to the lunch break and knew I didn't have the strength to go another hour much less four so I left without telling anyone.
>>
File: 1405738748709.jpg (46KB, 600x591px) Image search: [Google]
1405738748709.jpg
46KB, 600x591px
1 day - auto plant
>temp agency
>get called in to a factory job
>quality control on plastic bumpers for ATVs
>use a knife and clips to smooth defects
>loud grinding industrial machinery
>forklift back up beepers
>5-10 different giant machines broken
>robotic alarm voice blaring
>"industrial technician to machine 3!"
>"process technician to station 7"
>all at the same time
>for hours (2-3 hours)
finished the day and never went back

2 days - sales (salary was 100% commission)
>pass interview from calling job ad in the paper
>door to door sales selling home phone packages
>get sent to ghetto or retiree neighborhoods
>home phones dying rapidly due to cell phone onslaught
>get paired with professional fat spic with university degree in his late 30s
>fat fuck with thick glasses wearing business casual who smokes bitch sticks all day
>tells me to drop "that metal shit" and "start acting gangsta"
>tells me to say "nigga I'm gonna sell you a motherfucking home phone"
>slowly perfect my pitch over a few hours
>10 hour days of walking and banging on doors
>fat pro bean makes 5 sales day 1 and 0 sales day 2
>ie literally made $0 for 10 hours of walking
I didn't come back for day 3

1 week - warehouse for big box department store
>temp agency
>calls me in to warehouse
>get shittiest job there
>receiving (loading dock in the winter)
>unload heavy boxes from trucks
>blast of cold air cuts through you when empty trucks leave
>8 hours of heavy lifting
>entire trucks occasionally with nothing but 30-50 lbs. boxes
>build little towers of boxes on pallets and make sure they don't fall over
>productivity evaluated by "boxes unloaded per hour"
>doesn't matter if you get 50 lbs. boxes of boots while next door over gets small boxes of light plush toys
>hit in the head by a falling box deep in the truck
>storm out mid-shift without telling anyone
>agency withholds my pay because truck couldn't leave that day
>idgaf anymore

And those were my 3 shittiest job I quit fast
>>
1 night, the first job I ever had.

>dropped out of high school at 15
>about 3 years later manage to enrol in an IT college course (uk)
>befriend a couple of the guys there
>one guys parents own a pub in the town centre
>in there having a small drink after college one day
>they say they're looking for someone to collect glasses
>just casually say I'd do it
>they agree
>figure it would be just a quiet gig, not really stressful
>next day comes around. It wasn't a quiet gig at all
>turns into a club at night
>music so loud you can't think
>drunk normies everywhere
>constantly antagonised by a gay guy who hangs out there tapping his watch and making a twirling motion with his finger any time I stopped for 30 seconds just so I could focus and not meltdown
>faggot didn't even work there
>next night comes
>don't even bother showing up
>my phone ringing constantly
>just ignore it because ignoring problems is the only way I know how to deal with them
>avoid walking down the street that pub is on for years afterwards & still get anxious near it.

Then the second job I had was for 10 weeks stacking shelves at tesco. They fired all the temps on christmas eve but neglected to tell me and were quire surprised when I showed up to work a couple of days later.

been NEET for 9 1/2 years now.
>>
>>38460257
Six months because we've contracted for six month part time job.

Second shortest was 16 months, no contract.

Third shortest will be at least ten years. Repairing the bucket wheel excavators in thermal power station and more.
>>
My last job. It lasted for three days.

It was at an environmental nonprofit and I quit because I had constant panic attacks after work over the quotas they said we had to acheive or get fired. Also you had to go up to peoples doors and ask them for money which is nervewracking.
>>
>be me
>security guard
>get job on very little notice "come in 8 hours from now"
>couldn't wind down to sleep
>get to job
>learn the hard way I have plantar fascitis
>almost constant foot pain
>have to stand in sun
>no hat
>request hat
>go home dangerously tired
>also extremely sun and wind burned
>did I mention commute is one hour each way?
>also getting ready takes a half-hour
>can't sleep due to pain
>can't eat due to severe stress
>rinse and repeat next 4 days
>one day I had to cover the night shift because the jackoff site supervisor didn't show up because it was Saturday
>meaning no relief
>they tell me I have to come in by 8, even though I stayed until 1 at night
>I get away with arriving at 10
>hat finally comes in 5th day
>they want me to work on my day off
>quit right then and there and return their stupid uniform
>60+ hours of work in the span of 5 days suffering through pain most of the time
>legitimately get minor trauma from this hellish experience
>I managed to prevent myself from getting the longer-term PTSD
>at least I lost 10-15 pounds during that time because I had no appetite
>>
>>38462493
im losing my shit and I don't even know why, this isn't that funny
>>
>>38464838
I should also mention I was treated like shit. I asked the supervisor to meet with me, they said sure, then they bailed and I waited 15 minutes for nothing. This was after they dropped off the hat on the 5th day.
>>
>>38460257
2 months. Only time Ive quit due to the pressure.

Costco morning shifts are hell and the meat department managers are assholes
>>
>>38460257
6 hours in McDonalds, I'd become a vegetarian in between applying and getting the job
>>
>>38460257
1 week working construction. got paired with a guy to teach me/be his assistant(bitch basically). whereas most people start by carrying around supplies and digging shit he immediately started trying to teach me really technical shit. would expect me to do these things after showing me only a single time. slowly grew more and more pissed over the course of a weak. i dont really blame him, im sure theres those that would love to skip all the bullshit and start practicing what they learned in technical school but i was expected to gradually get into it. i think im just retarded desu.
>>
Chipotle,

One month

Lied in the interview saying I had cooking experience and got throw into the busy lunch rush. Everyone had to pick up my slack, everyone was already a tight knit group of friends and I was definitely hated.
>>
File: 1484439265953.png (84KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1484439265953.png
84KB, 258x245px
>>38462493
>calling customers by guessed first names
My fucking sides
>>
>>38461217
That's Enron-tier. Workplace harassment should be illegal but somehow it's not.
>>
>>38461313
I always liked it when someone would ask me to go check in the back. I'd go back and screw around on my phone for awhile before going back and saying we don't have whatever they were looking for.
>>
>>38462866
You weren't being fucked with. They rotate posts between pleasant and unpleasant jobs. Trust me, I know the importance of this. During my 5 day security guard hell, I was at a single post all of 2 days. It was the sunniest spot.
>>
Worked overnight security in grocery stores for about a month and a half. Don't know how I stayed that long really, I worked on a farm for about 5 years before that, and it was hard work, but hard work turns out to be more enjoyable than standing around on edge, doing nothing all night. Working at a liquor store now, slightly more bearable. At least I have things to keep me busy now.
>>
The interview if that counts
>Made to go to interview for job I don't want
>Some charity shop
>Was slightly considering it
>I head in
>The store STINKS
>Like fucking reeks of like... grandma shit herself
>Head into cluttered office for interview
>"So, why do you want this job?"
>"I don't"
>"Oh..."
>"Yeah I was made to come here"
>"Well, thank you for being honest I guess."
>"Yeah can I go?"
>"Yeah, see you then."
>I leave.
>>
File: 1476977000572.jpg (23KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
1476977000572.jpg
23KB, 640x559px
>>38461217
>had team morale building exercises where we had to do shit like make a team rap about windows
>>
>>38460257
I had a job literally for 2 hours and quit cause I had to seek enlightenment and hangout with my friend
>>
>>38460257
I had a job at Domino's during late 2015, I was fired during training (lol) of the 6th day. I dont know why, I still have the uniform.
>>
>>38460257
Worked at a line for a packaging company, only lasted 3 days. All I did was literally stand in one spot and push shit onto a conveyor belt. It was extremely tedious, monotonous and tiring for a skelly former neet like me. On the third day they put me at the end of the line where you had to stack shit on pallets, it was a nigger-tier shitty back-breaking job. I did the stacking for 2 hours and just walked out and left when it came time for the first break and never looked back
>>
>>38460257

4 days, telemarketing, (used to be a thing in the US where you'd just randomly call people, apparently to piss them off and make them not want to buy what you are selling.)

I hated telemarketers but needed money and they paid well, (I made $500 for 4 days work, huge to me as a teen.)

Started with 5 new people, fundraising for a kids' charity, (easiest calls so they put new people on that.) Still, almost every call resulted in verbal abuse, cursing, death threats, people legit wanting to find and kill me for calling them.

This sweet little old grandmother that I started with had a heart attack on day 2. I lasted 2 more days before I just couldn't take the hate any more.
>>
something like 4 days, don't remember exactly. it was a demanding job and I was too young for it.

>>38460922

>working hotel receptionist
>customers yell at me because the place is expensive
I'm not the freakin owner, jesus fuck!
>>
>Shortest was approx. 9 months.
>Honestly, I can do tough jobs, worked at a chicken factory, primarily in the cooler.
>Was around 15F or lower
>feltgoodman.jpg
>Since I do a great job they thought they could use me when ever they want
>Start doing jobs that I'm not use to
>Other spics complain that it's too hot or cold for them
>I didn't really complain
>Just told them that would like to remain in the cooler
>Nope, they didn't listen
>Fug it, made it my last day and quit the next day

There was some other things going on there, but it's too much to state. Had a great coworker who is Jewish, a great person to hang around while working.
>>
>>38462751
Do you have the seniority to get Black Friday off?
>>
File: 1497130895262.png (96KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1497130895262.png
96KB, 500x354px
>>38466066

These white bois can't work, I'm part mexican and I work circles around them "dude like its so hot out" . Real men work hard, because life is hard. Pinche gueros and niggers complain like women.
>>
>>38462589
Please translate that for us, that sounds fascinating.
>>
>get hired as maid
>work a day
>commute a shit and think spic coworkers were laughing at my ugly ass in Spanish
>don't come back the next day

I think that's a standard turnover though, got hired same day I interviewed and the bonuses were all based on small windows of time employed.
>>
>>38460257

2 weeks, that job was rock bottom for me.
>>
>>38464482
the auto plant doesnt sound that bad imo
do you just hate loud noises?
>>
Quiznos subs for one shift
the manager was feeling up the underage female help in the backroom and it made me super uncomfortable, didn't go back.
>>
File: tumblr_mjiuw58W161s22qs8o1_500.gif (231KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjiuw58W161s22qs8o1_500.gif
231KB, 500x281px
1 day

Agency phoned me right after saying they didn't want me to come back because I "wasn't quick enough on the uptake"

Lel, I did exactly everything they told me to do, just too much of an autist I guess
>>
>>38466066
My friend worked at a chicken factory. He said it was the most soul crushing job of his life. But he was the one scooping chicken guts out to be processed for chicken nuggets and shit.

He got a 15 minute break and one guy went out to vomit during it. Then he and another person quit. This was day 1

On day 2 they had another new guy who yelled "fuck this" and just RAN out the factory 20 minutes in.

Then another guy quit during break. Then my friend and another guy quit at the end of the day.

They must go through so many people. He says the money wasn't worth it.
>>
>>38460257
I held my first job at a mcdonald's for a year before quitting. Towards the end I started working at the job I currently work at and tried to make my schedule work with both. My manager responded by having me only work one day a week and ghosting me every time I tried to talk to her about the schedule so I left.
>>
I've only had one job and it I quit after one month
>>
>>38466355

My second shortest

>Warehouse work
>agency group registration
>1 on 1 interview
>Told to "sell yourself"
>Get the job along with a bunch of other scruffy schmucks
>At this point excited just to have a job
>On feet all morning in steel toecaps
>All about that Bass 24/7
>Told to work faster
>Get blisters
>Lose travel money next monday and just decide to fuck it
>>
>>38460257
A week.

I was working a construction job and I found out the boss was harassing my mom (I moved back to my hometown after college) at the bar she went to occasionally and got into a fist fight with him.
>>
>>38464482

Warehousing is pretty fucking shit if you're not built for it

>>38464530

>avoid walking down the street that pub is on for years afterwards & still get anxious near it.

Ayup, know that feel. Then I remember the place I was working at was utterly shit and the worst possible job for me that I only took because my father kept nagging me about it

Why did I even think to try working in a fucking carehome
>>
>>38462257
>All work sucks, you knew what you were getting into. Just suck it up and hold down what you have for a little bit.
Eh, I've actully had minuiam wage cuck jobs where the manager and coworkers were chill. Everyone knows the drill, customers are shit, we do our shit job and fuck off to home. No way in hell I would put up with half the shit in this thread for minuiam wage.
>>
>>38466908

Minimum wage is okay if you live rent free
>>
>>38463872
Hey, I worked in a library for 3 months too! I kinda liked working there but I wouldn't do it long term. It's a job for roasties really.
>>
>>38467020
Roasties always get the easy jobs
>>
>Make up raps about Windows

Either Spit some bars about Windows or tell us some you heard,you know you've got to do it now, you have to at least remember some that you heard.
>>
3 months was my fastest, but I've only had four jobs in my entire life.
>>
>>38460257
16 months as a coder.
After finishing a project, me and part of the developer and tester's team got fired because "the company needed to cut costs to face new challenges".
I am still trying to figure it out that that last part was supposed to mean.
>>
File: 1473831452265.gif (85KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1473831452265.gif
85KB, 500x351px
>>38460257
Not really so much of a job, but a traineeship in a bar.
Was about 4 days. Got sick of literally standing up for 6 hours and not knowing when my shifts were. On the last day I walked in just to be sure and they said fuck it and said I had to work for the day even though I didn't need to. Keep in mind I wasn't getting paid for it. My only wages were from jobcentre. I just walked out 2bh.
>>
A Mexican restaurant. I lasted 2 hours until I just left. The Mexicans in the back kept making loud noises to frighten me. It was a festival of Normie's. Now, I await my ssi to be approved.
>>
File: 1377841061242.jpg (37KB, 628x316px) Image search: [Google]
1377841061242.jpg
37KB, 628x316px
Worked at a Japanese sushi place in a hip neighborhood, lasted 2 shifts, not even a week in. The place was disgusting, everyone seemed confused all the time. The owner was pussy-whipped by his wife; he would come in and tell me one thing, only for his wife to come in as soon as he left to see what was going on, he would then return and inform me I was doing it wrong because his wife said so.
Nobody washed their hands, all the rice cooking pots had soap in them all time, the fish sat out and worst of all, it was dark in the kitchen, to hide the filth I assume. The kitchen flooded every time the 1'x2'' dishwasher got started, and I made minimum wage. They told me I would have the Wednesday of the week I started off, and when I didn't show up the owner called me asking where I was:
>Whe' arr u??
>I'm off today, you told me I'm-
>No no no, not off! Whe' arr u??
>You told me I'd have today off, I'm not coming in and I quit.
>*click*

Fuck that job, never work in an Asian restaurant.
>>
>>38467179
Just avoid mom and pop places in general. They are always worse than working at big chains.
>>
>>38460257
About to be hired by local McDonalds it seems. Gonna get paid about 800 dollars a month. My dad sends me about 500 dollars per month so I would be very good for my expenses with both incomes.

I plan to work for about 5 to 8 month, buy all the thing I lack (clothes, books, gym equipment) I'm ready to lift myself up. I don't give a shit if I have to clean dishes all day.
>>
KFC, quit after the first day even after being hired to lead the "kitchen" because I couldn't lower my standards enough to work there.
>>
>>38466116
Southern Cone master race here. 35 C summers and (today) -3 C winters. I'm a wero b.t.w, pinche pendejo wey no me discrimines!
>>
>>38467258
This. Better corporate and clean.

Although fine dining establishments with a tip pool that applies to bussers, that's the gold mine of entry level labor. First job and I pull an average 15-18$ an hour. Worst pay period I ever had was averaged at 13$ an hour before tax.
>>
>unpaid intern at some recording studio
>friend had the same internship prior to me
>guy who runs the place is a total loser reggae hippie who didn't get into reggae until he was in uni
>white guy dreads
>never has work for me to do besides make coffee
>never able to sit in on any sessions even though that's the point
>is always a dick if i have to go to my paid job because this was my 'real' training
>never did anything except record one awful hippie live event on a shitty handheld mic they gave me
>two mega-hippies who both played the event, one guy and one girl talking alot, clearly there with respective significant others
>ask them if they knew each other prior to the event
>"oh.. we were lovers"
>get weird looks
>was supposed to go in for some bullshit to make coffee or whatever again
>impulse booked a flight that day to see my internet gf
>phone ringing off the charts from everyone there, didn't pick up
3 weeks probably, i hate those guys
>>
File: TimGun-love.gif (2MB, 273x240px) Image search: [Google]
TimGun-love.gif
2MB, 273x240px
>>38462493
>'LETTUCE IS MOSTLY WATER YOU NEED TO STAY HYDRATED'

oh my dear golly fuck anon
>>
>>38460257
I've worked two restaurant jobs, one as a waiter and one as a dishwasher where I quit after the first day
>>
>>38462533

Nothing against you personally, but I fucking hate that whole system. Like these alumni already paid thousands into the university and many will be paying off their student loans for the rest of their lives, then the university has the absolute gall to ask for MORE?

I told them the first time they called me that they were never getting another cent out of me and to lose all of my contact info. They still send letters in the mail about once a month.
>>
>>38460314
They're not gonna give a shit, those jobs have a high turnover rate for a reason. They really just hope they can squeeze a couple months out of you before you inevitably stop showing up.
>>
Who else is just super anxiety filled about retail jobs?

How long is it before you get used to being at the register?
>>
>>38460314
Grab the cutest mangers ass and say "wanna fuck behind the stockroom"
If she says yes, nice sex, if she freaks out, at least you tried
>>
i quit over the phone for a job i had accepted but not shown up for yet. another job i quit a few minutes after walking in.
>>
>>38460257
1 day.
I got hired by t-mobile and they put me in a kiosk in a busy mall with no training. I hid in the bathroom most of the day and never went back.
>>
>>38467814
I will never understand the zero training meme, I don't know why people think it's obvious, I mean even if it's easy and simple, someone still has to tell you.
>>
>>38467728
You'll never get used to it.
>>
>>38467728
It gets a little easier every week. Helps a lot if you try to relax
>>
>>38467728
i could never work one of those. way too anxious. ironically too anxious to go down the path of getting benefits for it
>>
>>38467728
It depends on how bad your level of anxiety is personally, but after a month I was pretty used to it, after spending the first few days dreading having to go into the drive thru and just hoping they would have me do something else.
>>
3 days. I don't regret it since the job was horrible.
>>
>>38460257
One day.

Was working in a parcel factory at a conveyer belt, just taking parcels off and putting them into different piles. I'm surprised I even made it to the end of my first shift.
>>
File: aXm3144xjU.jpg (101KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm3144xjU.jpg
101KB, 650x650px
>>38460257
2 weeks...it was a seasonal job at a fruit stand that was open for three weeks, but in week 2 they let me handle the money which I stole a lot of.
I think they expected this of me and they were rich anyway and sold the lot of their crop to nipland so they just acted like they were closing up and I took the hint to go along with their bs and not come back.
first and last official job desu
>>
>>38461292
I worked in overnight maintenance for two years. It involves a lot of exercise (which may be a good thing for you), occasionally cleaning toilets, and not much interaction with customers or the stockers. Plus you get paid like $0.50 more than the stockers IIRC.
>>
comfy thread but I have to go. bye anons, may we all find a decent job one day. or find the balls to rob a bank or something.
>>
>>38467728
worked at one in high school, have an anxiety disorder
>why do you always look sad?
>don't you know how to smile?
>did something happen?

it's possible to put up with, but it's really horrible considering people you work with just don't understand that there's no way you can change your disposition
>>
>>38468125
you just trig'd me with that. constantly have people asking me if something is wrong because i'm not beaming with smiles/laughter or talking all the time.
>>
>>38467910
I guess they just go through people so fast they figure someone will eventually already know what to do without being told anything.
>>
>>38462533
I don't know why anyone would give money to a university nowadays. Maybe a few decades ago when they weren't charging extortionate levels of tuition and spending extravagant amounts on useless new bureaucratic positions like getting 20 different "vice deans of diversity." So much kikery now.
>>
>>38462019
I couldn't even imagine being this retarded and unaware lmao
>>
metal recycling plant
>first day
>did safety induction and paper work in a greasy office
>got shown to my work a bench and tools
>job was to dismantle old bikes for scraps
>place was loud and hot as fuck
>everyone is rude and being a hardass
>workers seemed to be made up of drunks and ex-criminals
>later a fight breaks out between two old guys at my station over cigarettes
>boss comes down to break it up and yells at everyone
>turns to me and asks what the fuck I am I looking at
>finally my lunch break comes
>go outside
>walked to my car and drove off

I never heard from them again. I guess this happens a lot.

Stay in school kids.
>>
>>38467152
probably just business buzzwords
>>
>>38460257
Two weeks. Fuck Target.
>>
My job generally walks people out when they give a two weeks, and I'm leaving soon for college. Should I give them no notice and quit the day I plan to leave or give the two weeks and hope they don't kick me out?
>>
>>38468738
that's ridiculous. sounds like some small operation headed by an emotional retard. the notice is beneficial for them. wouldn't do them the favor if that's how they behave
>>
>>38468738
if they do that don't give them the notice they don't deserve the courtesy
>>
>>38468772
Not him, but it's pretty common in some jobs because employee thrift goes way up last two weeks. Or they might just slack off or yell at a customer letting out all the peat up rage from every bad joe onto one rude soccer mom.
>>
>>38468842
*employee theft
>>
It was just over a month teaching at an English language center located in a prominent business district of a major Southeast Asian city. It had seemed too good to be true when I first applied, and it turned out to be the case.

The workplace was ridiculously toxic, and it was rotten from the top-down; the current owner stole the company from her partner by lying to him about who could own what in the country then having him deported on trumped-up charges. She filled out the staff with people who knew precisely dick about teaching and treated the clients -- not to mention the locals -- like shit. Didn't want to be a part of that anymore, so I left.

I've since returned stateside and received some offers to teach at several language learning places nearby, but that experience pretty much killed any enthusiasm I had left for teaching.
>>
>>38462727

You won't like this but there's a reason for the vacillation. Managers do have to encourage in either direction to find a happy medium which maximizes the profitability of the company, or at a minimum satisfies their superiors (who, if they are competent superiors, have profitability along with general safety and welfare of all parties involved at top of mind) - if they're halfway competent managerial people.

The point I'm making is that peons juggle about 20 things, while managers juggle about 200 things. Upper managers juggle perhaps 2,000 things, and so on - on a daily basis. "The market" in general, as it were, has no patience for inflexible autism. I am not apologizing for "the market" as I myself love to envision a crystalline world where everything is the same all the time, but these are the terrible circumstances in which we live.

>>38462795

The manager is shit. I wonder if he is some dumb brown small business owner who doesn't understand how things really work. It is difficult to imagine a white business owner who is so fucking dumb as to seriously expect his pleb staff to "fight back" in the face of a robbery, not least because of the legal liabilities which might attach in the case of some shooting, stabbing etc. I have a vague idea that only dumb brown small business owners might not get this larger picture, but what do I know.
>>
>>38460879
How?

Ive worked in factories for the past 2 years, left the first one because they didn't want to pay me anymore money and they told me that I had a job anytime I needed one. Started at my current job as a Mahone operator and within 6 months got offered an apprenticeship as a tool maker.

The people that get let go here early in their training have to be legit retarded.
>>
File: ghost-08[1].png (26KB, 781x811px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-08[1].png
26KB, 781x811px
>>38460257
>work at small variety store near my uni
>for some reason even though the uni is best in the state and in one of the most progressive cities in the country, homeless EVERYWHERE
>first day as cashier is an especially busy day and under the pressure accidentally give customer an extra $20 in change
>boss yells at me, feel like shit
>coworker is standoffish but a Chad with a heart of gold
>"don't sweat it man, first day of my first job was at a restaurant and I literally spilled spaghetti all over a customer"
>become bros
>even be chill with the boss (who later got fired for telling one of the homeless to kill himself when called a 'short faggot with shitty hair and yellow fever')
>new boss comes with new assistant manager
>new assistant manager finds spooky notes I left chill chad as a joke
>"wooooooo chad I'm the ghost, praise me and I'll let your mother live" (very long running joke we had that the store was haunted)
>faggy assistant manager tells boss
>boss says I'm off for 2 weeks while they do a background check on me for signs of mentally instability
>basically call me a fucking schizo
>tell them in that case I quit and for them to go fuck themselves
>boss borderline begs me to stay since chad and I were literally the only ones who would work sundays
>pretend to be madder than I was and just storm off so they forget to ask for my key back
>still have it to this day in case I wanna fuck with the store and blame it on some homeless

it was over 6 months though, just a fun story to share.
>>
>>38467765
How to become listed as a sexual predator 101
>>
>>38460257
> 3 months
> Work overnight security at a shitty strip mall
> Job was mostly to call the police when something actual happens
> Police arrive on their own when alarms go off
> Blockbuster gets robbed while I am away, police show up
> they catch the guy, black dude of course
> manager of blockbuster bitches at me for not stopping the break in
> smear shit all over their back door in revenge
> quit not too long after that.
>>
Redpill me on working call centers plss
>>
Only had one job, and never gotten fired.
This is my last week of my 4 weeks of summer vacation though, shit sucks. At least our manager won't be there when I return, he still has 2 weeks of vacation. Apparently we got a really shitty grade on our internal store evaluation while I was on vacation, gonna be interesting to see how my psychotic boss will handle that mess.
>>
>>38468703
a friend of mine works there and broke his arm while getting shit down from the top of a big pile of stuff, which apparently was/is the majority of his duties. according to him they don't have any equipment at all to deal with large piles of shipments/items somehow. the doctor he went to ended up calling and berating them for it and when he came back to work all the managers and even some of his coworkers try and guilt him over it.
>>
>>38468947

You're a naive person for being surprised at the extreme proximity of poverty and affluence/culture. Urban core areas, being simple agglomerations of people of all kinds, have this.

A block from here is a homeless shelter, and I regularly drive past homeless people on the way to work. A few blocks north is a comfy museum where a Van Gogh, a Rembrandt and plenty of other Muh Culture tokens are commonly available to view. The park immediately north of the museum often has homeless people on the benches.
>>
>>38468920
>the current owner stole the company from her partner by lying to him about who could own what in the country then having him deported on trumped-up charges.
This is a good reminder hyper caplisism is bad. The bad men on TV meme about how bad the busnisses regulations are in California, yet our economy is booming and if a boss fucks you over on wages or safety you can just complain to the realvent state board without having to hire Goldberg lawyer at the rate of 3years wages to get your last paycheck or health bill paid
>>
>>38469166
Okay settle down commie
>>
>>38469237
Stay mad flyover. You've been brainwashed to give your masters all the power
>>
2 1/2 months at a Gas Station
>>
>>38460257
1 day
it was at a call center
I knew it wasn't the place for a person like me
but holy shit it was worse than I could have ever imagined
>>
>>38469292
tell more iujh
>>
>>38469265
>heh..... only I see things for how they TRULY are...
Okay commie
>>
About 3 months. Worked at the local pool as a lifeguard for the summer, and got fired a week before it closed for the season for hopping the fence one night and going for a swim. Wasn't intending on working there the next summer anyways
>>
File: 1495342302100.jpg (130KB, 754x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495342302100.jpg
130KB, 754x1000px
>>38469317
ok here's a greentext
>first day at call center
>have to call people and convince them to get a credit card and insurance for their bags/purses
>I got a script so it can't go that wrong, can it?
>it can
>90% of the people don't even answer at first
>I have to keep calling them until they do
>they get obviously pissed off
>"FUCK YOU"
>"STOP FUCKING CALLING ME, ASSHOLE"
>"GOD, I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE"
>"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET MY NUMBER?!"
>"Sorry my dad's not at home now :3"
>Everything is being recorded and I was told many time that I can't erase anyone from the list unless they explicitly say they don't want to buy anything
>I have to keep calling those people for the next 6 hours
>They just get angrier
>Some of them kinda give up and start asking questions
>I don't know how to answer most of them because they are not on the script and it's my first day
>All while supervisor is constantly walking behind our backs and urging us to sell
>"Come on, it's not that hard! Just sell them the stuff"
>"Omg ANYONE can do this"
>"You are all so damn lazy!"

This was on a Friday and I had to work on Saturday mornings as well. The thought of waking up those same people at 9am to try to sell them useless stuff was frightening enough not to show up
>>
File: Micha Jawkan2.jpg (217KB, 612x868px) Image search: [Google]
Micha Jawkan2.jpg
217KB, 612x868px
>>38460911
What happened next? Did you parents find out or did you tell them?
>>
>>38460257
I worked at a elderly and Alzheimer's care center for a good three days or so. Fuck dealing with crazies and sad old people
>>
Guys I'm scared. I'm finally applying for my first job as my parents are weening off the support. I have my first interview to apply for bagger tomorrow.
How bad is dealing with people and managers? I really haven't had major social contact for some time and I hope the fact speaking will be limited to "milk in a bag" and "paper or plastic" might help.

Is the pay worth it? I know there is a girl my age there who is new, since I was with my dad getting groceries. I'm not sure if it's possible to sedice a girl through our mutual bagging roles.
>>
>>38469481
So if I had no conscience I could cut it?
>>
>>38469572
>is the pay worth it
well if you have no source of income then yes of course
>how bad is it dealing with people/managers
if it's a big grocery store, the manager will barely be part of your life. When I worked a pretty big one my friends would tell someone they were gonna go out and bring carts back, and would actually just change their clothes in the car and get ice cream kek. But again, only if its a really big grocery store.

As for people, I feel like we're lucky and live in an age where most people get at this point that talking to people fucking sucks and they act extra nice to compensate for the occasional fucking assholes. I'd say more people are just weird than mean.
>>
>>38469583
I guess. It probably depends on the place. I got hired there very quickly, and after quitting I did some research and found a lot of people who had had awful experiences at that company. Not just being treated like a piece of shit, but also not being paid as much as they should had to and stuff like that. Perhaps another place would be better. I think somewhere where people call you and not the other way around would be much more bearable. Something like customer service. At least they would actually want to talk to you.
>>
File: Akko11.jpg (37KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
Akko11.jpg
37KB, 665x574px
If I have any luck tomorrow at the job agency then my current job will have been the shortest for me. One month so far.
The work itself is ok but the goddamned 12 hour shifts, the 30 minute drive and the hot as fuck warehouse environment are driving me mad.
>>
File: 1493314479518.png (267KB, 637x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493314479518.png
267KB, 637x360px
>>38460257
Alright here's my story.
>See posting on Craigslist
>Flexible Schedule
>You must pick 4 days to come work and do 5 hours
>You can set up your schedule for that month so you only go for 1 week or all 4 they don't care as long as you pick 4 days and can work 5 hours
>AWESOME, except the 30 minutes commute with my shitty mpg car
>go to the office
>20 some cubicles
>Windows 97 software, box computer screens
>Get script to ask people to do surveys, didn't even have to sell shit.
>The supervisor was a real bitch, food breaks were 7 MINUTES
>I signed up for 4 days, felt like i was in the Stanley Parable when everything at the office goes to shit
>I felt like i was in a prison doing reduced time by doing labor
>getting bitched at by responders
>getting half way to the survey just to get hung up on
>this drains all my energy
>the worst things imaginable, don't blame them since the call times are when they come back from work and at night (9pm)
>Bitch lady supervisor says i got to step my game up
>lose my voice after the third day
>not allowed a cough drop
>keep getting hung up on
>lady has her phone which monitors the calls
>notices i'm doing horrible with survey completion
>tells me to take a break
>leave and never come back

I got payed though, have been unemployed for 6 months waiting for after the summer to search.
Should have picked an easier degree and just scrap the barrel in life.

On a second note, how the fuck are some of you NEETs? Im taking one class and it's soul crushingly boring being on the computer all day, even going to the gym isn't sufficient time out of the house...
>>
>>38469627
Thanks for the advice. I've been nervous all night and I haven't been able to sleep.
>>
1 month
I was working at a inner city McDonald's and it was near 5 pubs opposite a cinema and it was close to one of the bigger train stations in my city.

I was tasked with the morning clean up...
Which included
>waking up homeless people
>getting rid of all the thrash normies left on the table
>scrubbing the stairs and floor like a dog
>cleaning the disease ridden toilets

Never again, I work a comfy 50k a year job now and I am amazed how that was less than 2 years ago.
>>
>>38470383
How did you move up so far?
>>
File: 436563437547654.png (93KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
436563437547654.png
93KB, 1127x685px
>came in late on holiday so someone had to stay later
>write up
>Do something else dumb that I forgot
>write up
>sold cigarettes to a kid
>supposed to be insta-gone
> still have that job a year later despite everything, and boss told me I was rocking it
> said 'you too' unironically

T-thanks...

also free helper oc
>>
>>38464838
>PTSD
Go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1489821625689.jpg (164KB, 551x491px) Image search: [Google]
1489821625689.jpg
164KB, 551x491px
Job advice from recent 6 month wagecuck: To find local places hiring go on indeed and type in "help wanted." This will bring up a lot of local places that may not take online applications and do things old fashion with paper application/or Just interview(some will still be online applications). These have less competition, because to many cucks just apply online. Some Mom and pop shops do some things offline still. Indeed has a program will people will take pictures of now hiring signs.

This tool is also useful. Can see all CL ads in the U.S: http://www.searchcraigslist.org. I'm a relocatingcuck at the moment and use these sites.

For people with a degree(any) or ability to code. Explore self employment or freelance. Of course bit is way harder than working job, but may be worth it. Resources for self employment: entrepreneur.com, https://www.sba.gov/starting-business/how-start-business/business-types/self-employed-independent-contractors
Blackhatworld.com (use with caution)
>>
>>38470533
You made that? I like your Pepe oc a lot
>>
>>38469040
Hell on Earth.
t. did 3 fucking years at a dish network call center
>>
>>38469057
>went to a job interview at Target last Friday
>end up not being hired because they needed people to work mornings and I can't do those hours cause uni

Well guess I dodged a bullet there
>>
>>38470973
I hate that shit so much
Like every job wants you to have open hours when you first get hired, even though they aren't even going to give you >20 hours a week
>>
>>38467317
Lol you will never clean dishes at a mcds
>>
>>38462533

ANU anon?
>>
Well I've only held one job and it was a temporary summer job, so about 3 months.
The job in question was being a municipal park attendant. 15 buck an hour, no real stress, and I had an air conditioned cabin.
The job was a godsend after two years of on-and-off job searching and getting rejected by places like walmart and mcdonalds.
I basically took naps every day, listened to podcasts, and once in a while I took a walk outside to make it look like I was working.
I'll probably never get a job as good as this ever again but I'm considering getting a job as a security guard since it's similar in nature.
>>
File: ded.jpg (35KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
35KB, 229x343px
>>38462493
>'I want TOMATO. THAT IS THE RED ONE'.
>>
I got fired from a job at a public library before even starting it once.

Not much a story to tell though, they were just overstaffed for the summer since the school year is when they see the most traffic.
>>
Worked at two different call centers last year

>3 months doing satisfaction surveys for an insurance company

Most people weren't rude and would just say they couldn't do it at the moment, the bad part was the database was fucked, meaning we had to rush every end of the month to get the number of surveys done (also had to extract the contacts manually and had to put the numbers in the program for it to call people), meaning we were calling people who'd called the call-center almost a month after, so had to stay more hours. They didn't seem to fix it or care, so at the last day of the contract I just said I wouldn't be working there any longer, they tried to give me shit about not having said anything earlier.

>8 months and at the end was answering calls for 6 different lines

Got hired in June, had two weeks training to answer calls for lost bags, thought it wasn't so bad so went with it. I never imagined there would be so many lost bags, they eventually arrive, but loads of times people would just call and we wouldn't have any information on the bag, so we'd get yelled at, those 3 summer months were quite intense but it wasn't so bad, except the part where we weren't even at the airport and when we called the airport for more urgent cases they'd say we shouldn't call them and should just tell people to wait. In september the supervisor comes and asks if I want to continue or it was just a summer job, I thought I would still only answer the same type of calls, but after a month they gave us more training (one day training, basically just to get to know the software) to answer more different lines, so we would get calls about someone who their bag hadn't arrived to destiny, someone who had a roach infestation in the kitchen, it advice and electric cars. Of course we got the same pay, so after christmas, another hectic season for lost bags and having to answer all those diferent calls I just say fuck it and handed in my 2 weeks notice.
>>
Worked in a factory for 3 days as a quality inspector. It was soul destroying so I quit halfway through a shift. Told them my knees couldn't take it and walked out.

I regretted it all the way home and couldn't sleep that night. Spent the next 6 months unemployed and depressed. In retrospect it was the right move, it was a fucking horrible job.
>>
>>38460257
An afternoon
I can't handle dealing with customers and I should have known
>>
Shortest non-defined-temp job was about 80 days.
>get job from temp agency at some warehouse
>back-to-school prep time, though for some reason (maybe because I'm white?) get put into inventory control
>basically go around scanning stuff at ground level, reconciling it to system
>lots of stuff not in system, eventually learn how to put stuff in system
>personally recover tens of thousands of dollars of merchandise (and this was a hanes warehouse, so that's a lot of crap)
>turns out that if a thing is lost for a certain amount of time, the computer removes it from the system entirely
>morons and lazy niggers just put stuff wherever, not scanning it in properly
>my boss is just waiting for my 90 days so he can hire me because I'm actually competent
>all the other temps from my agency get fired over time because the warehouse is getting taken over by hanes directly (it was run by some distribution company) because of all the constantly-lost stuff
>they don't tell me directly, so I assume they didn't mean me, get put back in the system
>place turns into a ghost town with just the direct employees of the warehouse, and a few other temps
>temp agency rep comes up to me a week or so later obviously not happy
>tells me to come with her
>only an hour of my shift left
>have to walk with her past everyone all the way to the temp agency office
>get fired
>have to walk all the way back to the other side of the warehouse (about 1/4 mile) where my car is, past everyone again
>temp agency never gets me another job

>>38468947
>for some reason even though the uni is best in the state and in one of the most progressive cities in the country, homeless EVERYWHERE
Those things all go together, anon. Progtards attract hobos like flies to rotten meat.
>>
>>38461015
Do you look like a girl? Not originally..
>>
>>38461217
Do you live in a third world country? Wtf?
>>
>>38460257
>speaking to recruiter about job way outta my league
>being honest, but not correcting him when he assumes my skills/exp
>reporting role
>can barely speak in small meetings without almost fainting

this will be interesting
>>
>>38467258
Work at a familt restaurant and can confirm. Boss hates me and only me.
>>
File: jILZxy2_d.jpg (25KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
jILZxy2_d.jpg
25KB, 500x334px
>>38460257

2 months. Door to door salesman. I felt like an absolute pest in people's neighborhoods
>>
>>38468947
Make use of that key, Anon. Do it.
>>
Lasted two weeks working at a nightclub picking up drinks & stocking bars.

>literally thousands of people in & out during my shift, a lot I would recognise because its the only club in the area I'm in
>makes me very anxious
>anxiety gives me mental blanks & makes me fuck up all the time
>every time i'd get in the fridge room where the stock is I'd yell at myself under my breath & make a lot of angry facial expressions
>didn't realise there was a camera in there
>boss calls me in his office mid-shift & asks me why I'm always so angry
>freeze
>only thing that came into my head was "I hate this job"
>he pauses "then why are you here?"
>walk out and cry all the way home, in the shower & cried myself to sleep

Fuck nightclubs.
>>
>>38460257
In 2014 I worked for the forest service for 2 months and was fired. Can't clearly remember why. In 2016 I worked for an environmental/wildlife advocacy nonprofit but quit after 2 months because I was offered a better paying job, at the forest service, where I've been for 15 months and resigned from last week.
>>
>>38473162
To be clear, on good terms. Just living in the sticks was giving me pretty severe abandonment anxiety.
>>
I worked at a Kohl's for a month. Was put on for 2 shifts the entire time i was employed and quit because the job sucked ass. Fuck department stores, i havnt been to one since.
>>
>>38473133
>then why are you here?
Isn't that just how it goes. Instead of trying to help they say, Well you don't have to work here. The system sucks.
>>
File: 1500019407407.jpg (32KB, 400x349px) Image search: [Google]
1500019407407.jpg
32KB, 400x349px
I've had 31 jobs in 14 years.

2 of them I quit on my 3rd day.

One was a call center... They threw a random drug test at everyone, and I just walked out.

The other was 7-11 in the ghetto. I just couldn't handle cleaning shit smears off the walls.
>>
>>38465339
Kind of funny story i was at a walmart once trying to find something and an employee was asking me if she could check the back for it and it would take around 45 minutes. I said yes and then left lol.
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (10KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
10KB, 640x480px
>>38460257
2 months

I worked at this family owned cash-in-hand shady chicken joint. The husband/wife/son owners were all manipulative as fuck and treated their employees like garbage. Had me working 11 hour shifts with no breaks, was also only meant to be working there 2 days a week but got called in literally every day because someone phoned in sick or just didn't show up/quit because it was such a shit place to work. They also wouldn't give holiday pay and the owners would insult all their workers behind their back.

The last straw that did it for me is that my best friend was moving to africa and I booked off that night so I could hangout with him for the last time. I had this day booked off a month ago and of course I get a call from the dyke wife owner saying I have to come into work. I tell her no and that I literally booked this day off a month ago and that you're supposed to get 24 hour notice to cover a shift. She gets all pissy and says about how she gave me an opportunity to work for her and I should be grateful (This is a chicken fast food place that is min wage) and I just tell her that I'm not coming in. I get a phone call an hour later and she tells me that her husband will be working instead of me and then goes on to tell me how I should be grateful that one of the owners is sticking his neck out for me and doing my shift for me and how I'd never find better employers than them and all this other manipulative shit. BITCH it wasn't my shift, it's not my fault some pimple faced 16 year old didn't show up because he doesn't want to work for your shitty family and then I'm forced to cover. I hung up the phone and never went back.

I also talked to this miserable bitch who has worked there for 7 years and she said in her 7 years she's literally seen over 100 people come and go. This is a small independent fast food place with at most 10 employees at one time. I don't know how true it is but it seems true enough.
>>
File: 1499807895679.jpg (65KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
1499807895679.jpg
65KB, 479x479px
>>38462493

>I point and shout RED as he nods at me
>>
>>38466005

Sorry anon if you called me. I tell all telemarketers and scam callers to kill themselves, and make fun of their ethnicity if they're Indian.
>>
File: 4455.gif (90KB, 190x223px) Image search: [Google]
4455.gif
90KB, 190x223px
>>38462493
Thanks Anon. Real story or not i needed this laugh now.
>>
>>38470236
Did you go for an art degree or did you fall for the STEM meme?
>>
>>38470470
Tafe degree in aus
>>
File: 1498176935946.png (4KB, 91x107px) Image search: [Google]
1498176935946.png
4KB, 91x107px
>>38460257
I had 2 jobs. First I was a cashier, it lasted 2 months, in the second I worked on the grill at McDonalds, it lasted a year, ending June this year. I hope nobody here ever get a job at McDonalds, it's literal hell.

Now I'm 2 months NEET until I get back to college
>>
>>38461217
whoever runs that place deserves to be crucified
>>
>>38460257
4 hours.

Signed up to sell fire alarms years ago. These were twice the size of a frisbee that you hung from your wall. You had to wind it up with a key and when the wax guard melted from the heat of a fire the alarm bell would ring.

You had to go door-to-door to sell these things and I heard that if you left them in your car on a hot day they would go off.

Listened to the sales pitch training for 4 hours and decided it wasn't for me.
>>
>>38474007
Mechanical Engineering, im currently in my second year of college so I'm doing Calc3 right now
>>
>>38467728
A few days if it's a really busy place. You dont have time to think/worry too much and if you fuck up you just have to get on with it. After a few days of this you become much more confident. If it's a quieter place then it can take much longer as you are mostly standing about, over thinking or trying to avoid it by doing other things. This is just my experience though.
>>
>>38466753
>Having your mom at the bar
You're legitimately a son of a bitch.
>>
File: 1500064059342.jpg (148KB, 934x956px) Image search: [Google]
1500064059342.jpg
148KB, 934x956px
>>38463365
Just got hired by Lidl US about a month ago but no stores are open yet, we've been helping set up. What to expect?
>>
File: Raoh.jpg (15KB, 352x233px) Image search: [Google]
Raoh.jpg
15KB, 352x233px
1 month, the THICC female manager kept giving me a dirty look. Maybe it was attraction? I didn't like it. So I stopped going.

I went back to my old job.
>>
Two days at a gas station, 2 months in a warehouse, 9 hours at a moving company and then I just accepted the neet life
>>
Two years AMA
>>
File: 1479593121323.png (119KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1479593121323.png
119KB, 207x207px
>>38462493
why i still browse r9k every once in a while
>>
>>38461060
Uh no it's Walmart. Never feel sorry for a big corporation.
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.