[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons what do you think about being a welder? I hate studying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: FBZ9USWGOCNOJ0Q.MEDIUM.jpg (56KB, 620x385px) Image search: [Google]
FBZ9USWGOCNOJ0Q.MEDIUM.jpg
56KB, 620x385px
Anons what do you think about being a welder?
I hate studying and don't want to waste my time at university, also I heard it pays pretty good.
>>
>>38460242
I thought about quitting uni and becoming a welder
Not sure if I will actually do it tho

Also you have to study at least a little bit when doing your apprenticeship it's not just all practical
>>
>>38460242
I'd do this immediately if I found a place that offers the training and a position.

Schools for fucking chumps.

I'm gonna join the chairforce next year and see what they've got for me.
>>
>>38460309
>Schools for fucking chump
Brainlet detected.
>>
>>38460417
False positive buddy, try holding your detector the other way round.
>>
>>38460242
Going to school for it right now, got some certs already and hopefully a couple more soon
>>
You have to be physically strong
>>
>>38460242
Unironically this.

Welder and other crafts pay really well because most of young people went to economic high school studying to be economist and other useless shit, while there's not enough people in useful jobs.

I am however bad at manual jobs so I'll stick to my computers.
>>
>>38460242
My brother is an experienced welder and hes getting paid 20 dollars and hour. Its hard work and hot as hell he says
>>
>>38460242
Its good if you like sticking bits of metal together.
>>
>>38460446
>He thinks there's a literal detector
This is why you should stay in school, kids
>>
>>38460533
yeah that's what I was worrying about, I'm a fucking skeleton.
but honestly uni sounds like such a waste of time, I wouldn't even know what courses to go since I don't like anything.
Also I want something straightforward, to learn some shit and to get a job doing it.
>>
File: 1498540876132.png (61KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
1498540876132.png
61KB, 232x197px
>want to learn welding so I can have a good asocial career path that pays well
>cant stand heat and paranoid about getting UV burned
>>
>>38460640
I'll give you the rundown.

If you want money, go to uni. There is no other way of looking at it. Some countries like America the difference in earnings is LITERALLY double, some like bongland it's very big but not as big.

HOWEVER you can still get a lot of money without going, and if you don't think you'd enjoy it it's probably not worth it. Yoiu'll still get easily enough money.
>>
>>38460640
Be an electrician, don't need to do much for heavy lifting as one
>>
Absolutely go to a trade school for it. The old timers will pass on a lot of useful shit. I attended a local college for a year and was employed pretty much right out of it. Although I got fired from my first welding job for a minor safety infraction. It's good money right off the bat.
>>
My cousin does this for a living. Low pay and it's grueling work. Think tin knocking or construction but even more miserable. If you're made of steel you can turn it into a decent living but if you think it'll be a breeze you are in for one hell of a wakeup call
>>
>>38460765
I don't really care about making six figures, I'm not a big spender.
The thing about uni is that I have literally no idea what kind of jobs exist and what do you have o do to get them.
I could try to study something since I was top of my class until I stopped giving a shit but there is no guarantee I can keep doing it for a long period of time.
>>
>>38460242
It does pay pretty well if you have the right certificates; like 100k a year.

Also, the fumes from welding on oil rigs give you lung problems.
>>
just about every fucking person in america knows welding is a good trade. i see a ton of welding shops on google maps in my town, so im guessing they dont help.

what else is a good trade? my dad built the backs of bread trucks in the 80s and was pretty much solid for years until becoming a roofer for the rest of his life. what's the millennial equivalent of this, repairing iPhones? HAHA
>>
>>38460684
Theres plenty of other trades you can take up like locksmithing, HVACR, plumbing, etc.
>>
File: IMG_1306.jpg (165KB, 600x493px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1306.jpg
165KB, 600x493px
Shit will fuck you up long term.
>>
>>38461109
What the fuck is that? Sarcoidosis?
>>
>>38461120
Pneumosiderosis or Welder's lung
>>
I'd say go into HVAC. There's always demand for it and you can expand to open your own business.
>>
>>38460242
right now im learning tig and mig at a community college. i want to just get good enough to be able to make my own art and shit. I would never work in a factory or fabrication shop. youre lucky if you get a job that pays 20$. you have to tons of hours and experience under your belt. honestly i realize i could bartend and make 40 $50 a hour and not destroy my body.
idk try it out.
its not for me really
you can get paid the same money waiting tables.
>>
You could also train for underwater welding, though I just googled the salary for that and was still disappointed. They top out at under 100k.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.