[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_7262.jpg (123KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7262.jpg
123KB, 1300x866px
Where did/do you go to college, anon? Any commuters here?
All college related stories/discussion/feels are welcome
>>
>>38459600
I'm heading in September.
I'm fucking terrified.
>>
File: 1499150600769.jpg (27KB, 673x586px) Image search: [Google]
1499150600769.jpg
27KB, 673x586px
>>38459600
>missed out on jobs during high school
>probably can't get an internship during college
>>
File: 1478887863330.jpg (196KB, 432x444px) Image search: [Google]
1478887863330.jpg
196KB, 432x444px
>>38459600
I missed an exam and because I had a chronic disease I don't have to sit it at all.
>>
>>38459600
Tried uni 2 years in a row
Dropped out during first trimester because I'm a brainlet
Can't say I particularly regret it
>>
Got a worthless state school degree.

I feel bad for commuters. Honestly I'd rather live in the grossest dorm on earth than live with my parents and miss out on parties and dorm sex.
>>
>>38459887
holy shit Norman pls go back
>>
>>38459635
you should
4 freshers necked themselves last year at my uni
they tried to sweep it under the rug because they are spending a lot of money on mental health support already, but one by one each got out
>>
I start in august, can't wait to get my useless degree!
I will be living on campus so that's pretty dope
>>
File: DSCN0023.jpg (321KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0023.jpg
321KB, 1200x1600px
I have a very complicated feel.

I'm an aging robot and graduated in 2006. I can't remember many of the people I meet today but the faces of people I went to school with are permanently etched in my mind. I can close my eyes and walk through the park near campus or smell the convention hall that hosted the anime convention I went to every spring.

Most of these people have gotten good jobs and had kids. I moved back home last year to take care of my sick mother and live rent-free.
>>
>>38459937
Bristol? I remember hearing about a load of deaths there.
>>
File: 1459429707792.jpg (109KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459429707792.jpg
109KB, 600x600px
Is it bad for a mathlet to still go to college and get a generic-ass business or liberal arts degree?

I don't want to be a welder or plumber and don't want to miss out on the college experience.
>>
Reminder that everyone should read this as a motivation to get off your ass while in uni, just before uni, or right out of uni:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=156F91ECD2114695A1E749F8746FDBC1

>>38459998
Yup. And the admin is really pushing that mental health stuff. Was making me slightly mad when I had my own downs and kept seeing these useless feel-good flyers around campus with "How are you? Sometimes just being asked helps." Yeah, ok senpai. Can't blame them for trying though.
>>
>>38460041

>College experience
>Thinks math is hard

Normalfags pls go
>>
>>38460077

Math and Engineering are hard. If they were easy they'd be shit fields where grads make no money like Sociology, Theatre etc.

Most normal people can't even do 3rd grade stuff like percentages and order of operations, if the FB math memes are any indication...
>>
We are PENN STATE!!!11 ...I have an associate degree and a bachelors from PSU. It was alright. It's a massive college; it feels like you get lost. I don't think the quality of education was that great DESU. Not that bad as far as finances go....they are raising their prices though this year and the State of PA is very cheap as far as grants go.

Plan to go for my masters. I have my eyes on UPenn. I think it would be a great experience, but its hella expensive and it will be far commute once I move (roughly 2 hours). I'll be able to do it, but my major concern is the tuition. The program's well over $75K. I'm hoping to
find a better employer that will offer better tuition assistance....
>>
File: 1n33c.jpg (28KB, 745x960px) Image search: [Google]
1n33c.jpg
28KB, 745x960px
Unasked for advice

General:
>Go to bed by midnight. Staying up all night makes you depressed.
>Try to think of going to class like your job. Sure you could pass various 100-level courses going only on test days but is that a habit you want to be in?
>Get out for walks when you need to clear your head.
>Drink in moderation.

Study:
>Take paper notes. Copy them onto notecards when it's quiet at work or w/e and study from those.
>Leave the laptop at home until you have zenmaster discipline and won't surf for fun during class. And no one likes that faggot banging away on a keyboard in the middle of class.
>Study with a group. It's a good way to meet people and get things from a different perspective.

Girls/Social:
>Fake confidence.
>Don't play any Morepigs or MOBAs
>Unless you're doing intense study, fapping, or sleep, leave your door open. Bored people will find their way to you.
>Don't try to be friends with girls first. Ask them out if you're interested
>Also, girls aren't your friends, you won't see much of them once they have a kid and/or husband. Never side with one over a bro, they'll be with you long term.
>>
>>38459600
Had my first MMF and MFF threesomes
>>
Can anybody here help me
>comutting starting this fall
>strict parents paying my tuition
>any time I mention options other than a four year degree they look at me with disdain
>constantly threaten to not pay my tuition and kick me out if I do something they don't like
>if I decide to move out and pay for my own rent and food they'll stop paying my tuition
I can't see myself doing this for 4 years. Maybe if I were staying in a dorm or apartment and looking after myself I wouldn't be dreading this so much
>>
File: 1500075091831.png (516KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
1500075091831.png
516KB, 800x530px
>>38460237
>Fake confidence.
Got mixed feelings about this. Tried it my first year for the first month or so but just stumbled along the way and crashed to the point I couldn't really talk to people anymore. Especially with my first encounters - whenever I was around them my legs would go weak and I'd start shaking because I was thinking back to the moment all I wanted was to pretend to be a normie and failed.
>jus bee useelf
>>
Gonna go their in august and have to dorm with someone else. What's it like living with someone else? Kinda imagine it's the same as being by yourself except there's a person that could potentially do something bad to you while you slept
>>
I'm currently in college right now. If anyone has any questions they want answered, ask away.

>>38459635
Why are you terrified? University isn't as bad as people make it out to be as long as you actually try.

>>38460306

There are a few paths you can take. I'd recommend waiting it out with your parents, because having your college paid for you is a huge boon. On the other hand, you could move into a cheaper apartment/house with a lot of people to keep expenses down, while getting a job on the side to pay for your expenses. You can take out loans and apply to scholarships for financial assistance, but that's gonna take a bit of work.

What are your parents strict about? What are you dreading?
>>
Man I wish I could afford to live in the dorms. Still a commuter cause I only get enough from scholarships to afford commuting :(
>>
File: 1487657539040.jpg (11KB, 418x455px) Image search: [Google]
1487657539040.jpg
11KB, 418x455px
>tfw changed my major close to graduation (finished 3rd year)
>even though new major (computer engineering) is a lot more useful than old one (Spanish), I am still very nervous and hoping this isn't a bad idea
>>
File: 1485227333431.jpg (11KB, 297x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485227333431.jpg
11KB, 297x200px
>>38459600
>go to community college
>pursing a nursing degree
>tfw I will pay less in my 3 years at the school than the stupid staceys I work with will In 1 semester
>tfw I'll be a nurse within a year and can start making money before I fully complete my degree while stupid stacys waste 4 years
Honestly I don't get why people waste time and money at 4 year schools unless they have to
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.