[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are two consenting adults not allowed to fight to the death?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: 113.jpg (132KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
113.jpg
132KB, 600x457px
Why are two consenting adults not allowed to fight to the death?
>>
Because the consequences are so extreme that it's impossible for even grown adults to agree to it beforehand and fully realize the implications until that dark moment is finally at hand.
>>
>>38457668
in canada they are
>>
>>38457668

It's because your life belongs to the state. Freedom is an illusion.
>>
Because dead people can't pay taxes.
>>
>>38457668
We still need the illusion of a "civilized" society, you know. Easier to take our money that way.
>>
File: alan-veingrad2.jpg (89KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
alan-veingrad2.jpg
89KB, 300x300px
>>38457668
Because it doesn't result in making (((them))) money. You're supposed to have many small fights that leave you with multiple concussions and other bodily injuries that make life not worth living. That's what makes money.
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 1148x746px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 1148x746px
>>38457723
>>38457727
A-am I on /int/ again ?
>>
>>38457727
>in canada
mate, you can't even punch a burglar in the face if he gets into your home without your permission, you have to wait till he leaves and you aren't allowed to do anything about it.

what the fuck are you going on about?
>>
It would be easy as fuck to fake consent, unless it was overseen by the state/law enforcement. In which case would be a huge burden on time, manpower, and cash. Seizing of assets after death by the state would cut costs, but rich people only talk shit. You'd have street rats killing each other by the dozen with no payout to anyone.
>>
>>38457802
turdeau legalized it, google it
>>
>>38457830
>street rats killing each other by the dozen
They're doing that anyway.
>>
Dueling was the great equalizer between Chad and the beta male. Of course they would eventually ban it.
>>
>>38457727
>>38457802
>I challenge you to a duel at dusk
>Don't have fancy dueling pistol
>Show up at duel unarmed hands in my pockets
>"Where is your pistol?"
>"I'll not shoot an unarmed man"
>Whip out my yugioh cards
>LETS DUEL
>I won
>>
File: 1490382420329.jpg (48KB, 465x827px) Image search: [Google]
1490382420329.jpg
48KB, 465x827px
>>38457844
>mfw this is true
Any robots want to kill each other with unregulated black powder weapons?
>>
File: doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>38457844
they haven't legalized it yet, and I am highly doubtful that they will.
what good would it bring the government? only less people to pay their taxes to give turdeau another vacation to Jamaica and fund another gay pride parade.
unless they increase the tax of course, or tax the duels somehow.
>>
>>38457723
The fact 18+ can sign up for the army proves you wrong.
>>
>>38457668
>Why are two consenting adults not allowed to fight to the death?
They are
you literally can do this
>>
>>38457846
Accept now it costs more money, and they don't go to jail for it which pisses off privatized prison systems. Sure them doing it outside the neighborhood would be great, but shit yo that cost.
>>
>>38457668
because the liberals in this country want to be the only ones who can say what you can and cannot do.
>>
>>38457994
Not really. First off, the army doesn't take everyone.

Secondly, the army is not certain death, but a duel is.
>>
File: for what purpose.jpg (26KB, 400x562px) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose.jpg
26KB, 400x562px
>>38457802
>>38457844
>you can't defend yourself with a weapon if a burglar/criminal tries to steal your possessions or attack you and your family in your own house
>yet the higher-ups are trying to make duels legal
I am dying of laughter.

And I still don't understand why they do this.
>>
>>38458157
Duels involve consent on both sides, you can't force someone to duel you, while the army takes most people and when it doesn't it's still legal to sign up for places like the foreign legion which DO take everyone.

And mortality in duels depends on a lot of things, the terms, the weapons used and the immediate aid, in medieval time it was normal to survive a duel albeit mutilated, when rapiers or later guns were introduced the mortality sky rocked.
>>
>>38457752
>>38457757
this.
odd that it's so obvious.
could there be something extra?
>>
>>38458250
>the foreign legion which DO take everyone.
They don't.
>>
>>38458250
Well, you do have good points. I'm not quite sure why, but it still seems different to me.

Maybe it's because the Army prepares the person for what's about to happen with a lot of training, whereas in a duel, it's so instant that it seems more wrong.

Also, as >>38458602 said, the FFL is pretty picky. Most people that get in are already ex-mil.
>>
>all these ancaps obsessed with "muh individual freedom!"
>>
File: IMG_1302.jpg (104KB, 640x642px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1302.jpg
104KB, 640x642px
>ayy white boi fight me to the death for yo wallet
>nigga consent or I'll break your fucking hand
>nah nah officer we gud tho we just duelling so it ain't no thing
>>
>>38457668
Hamilton is a great fucking musical.
>>
>>38458639
If you're not AT LEAST a classical liberal, you don't belong here.
>>
File: cat laughing laptop.jpg (75KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
cat laughing laptop.jpg
75KB, 700x526px
>>38458642
this.
criminals will find a loophole and it will only fuck shit up even more.
>canadafags are either too blind or stupid to see this.
>mfw
>>
>>38458732
Canada removed an outdated law. It's illegal to kill and wound, so it's still illegal.
Idk how you're stupid enough to believe that and still breath.
>>
File: unimpressed cat.jpg (242KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed cat.jpg
242KB, 1280x960px
>>38458805
>Canada removed an outdated law. It's illegal to kill and wound, so it's still illegal.
and instead of doing something actually useful to the laws, they remove ones that are already obvious of the obvious?
that's still stupid and a waste of taxpayer money.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.