[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red flags of naivete

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: common one.png (130KB, 396x381px) Image search: [Google]
common one.png
130KB, 396x381px
>He believes everything he reads on Wikipedia
>He believes everything he learned in high school or college
>He believes "peer-reviewed" sources can't be wrong
>He believes everything he reads in self-help books
>He believes /r9k/ greentext stories that are clearly bullshit
>>
>>38455239
Wikipedia almost always cites sources, so it's more reliable than all the rest you've listed.
>>
>>38455239
>he thinks his opinions are right
This so most people though, and I guess people are just used to having convictions
>>
>>38455274

A fair amount of the time, the source doesn't actually say what is in the Wikipedia article. Unless you go into the source and read it yourself, you really are just taking their word for it.

Other times, the sources themselves have been debunked yet still remain on Wikipedia.
>>
>>38455239
What do you recommend as good sources, OP?
>>
>>38455274
What is a source but another person that wrote something? I bet you believe the versions of history they taught you in elementary school too.
>>
File: 2smart.png (272KB, 680x636px) Image search: [Google]
2smart.png
272KB, 680x636px
>>38457308
>All knowledge has to be completely organic
>Current year
>Still not understanding physics purely from deep introspection alone
>tfw brainlets actually read books that are written by somebody else
>subhumans fall for the 'study' meme
>degenerates actually stupid enough to get a professor's opinion
>Went to the store to buy intelligence elixer and the cashier told me it was $2
>Tfw they tried to use the number on the till as citation
>tfw to intelligent to need 'sources'
>>
NaivetE? Really?
>>
>>38455239
>he believes in the existance of god without porving he exists
>he believes the theory of evolution is right, just because some old fuck said so, without actually doing research and experiments himself to prove it
>he believes the earth is flat without proving it himself
>he believes the earth is round without proving it himself
>he believes anything
lmao nice one, you sheep
>>
>>38455274
The problem with cited source often comes down to
>mischaracterization of what the source says
>dead, uncheckable source
>bogus source
There is also the issue of power users deciding what can be included in the article, and arbitrarily permitting or dismissing sources or information for inclusion.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.