[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't normies have any real hobbies, anything that they're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

File: 1445185112343.gif (563KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1445185112343.gif
563KB, 500x352px
Why can't normies have any real hobbies, anything that they're dedicated to? Every normie i see has the same flavor-of-the-week hobbies that change every time a new trendy hobby gets popular. They have no dedication towards these hobbies either
Women are especially guilty of this

Why do they do this? Don't they enjoy anything?
>>
>>38454728
because they have a hard enough time not getting swept off their feet with life and are doing just enough for their ship to not capsize
>>
>>38454728

Just because people aren't 100% vocal about their hobbies 100% of the time doesn't mean they're doing them. People do things all the time and live for that sort of enjoyment.
>>
>>38454728
c-could someone give me sauce on that ;-;
>>
>>38454782
Akane from Psycho Pass
>>
There's tons of normalfags with hobbies.

Do you think that only kissless virgins ever have hobbies that they actually like and don't just do socially?
Pretty much everyone is a normalfag. Robots are just too rare for everyone with hobbies to be robots.
>>
>>38454728
When you have a well defined set of personal preferences and a strong personal identity, you have to separate yourself from the group's identity. Normies are different than us because they choose to adopt a group identity rather than take their own. As a result, they tend to have bland, ordinary interests that are the same as everyone else's.

They do enjoy things, but to them it's the act of simply being in the group that they find enjoyable, not the thing itself. A normie would never devote themselves to a hobby like we do because that would result in stepping out of the group identity for a personal pursuit, which could cost them some of their beloved company and protection from the group.
>>
>>38454728
hobbies I want to have: music, writing, making art
hobbies I have: masturbating
>>
>>38454728
>imblybing robots are dedicated to anything in their lives
>>
>>38454813
>Do you think that only kissless virgins ever have hobbies that they actually like and don't just do socially?
Every normie i have seen watches TV shows or movies in their spare time, thats the only thing they do. Every "hobby" they mention is to socially fit
>"haha im a gamer too bro, i play halo"
>"haha i just LOVE trekking, oh yeah i went to trek thrice in my life, but thats totally my hobby"
>"i just LOVE reading anon, i'm reading twilight right now. I haven't ever read a book before but reading is STILL my hobby"

>>38454815
this,
>>
File: (¬ω¬).jpg (147KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
(¬ω¬).jpg
147KB, 1366x768px
>Don't they enjoy anything?

Yes, they enjoy having sex all the time.
>>
>>38454865
>imblybing robots are dedicated to anything in their lives
Watching anime, reading manga, playing video games, hell even masturbating. Robots dont have any social responsibilities so they can dedicate themselves to some niche interest which would have otherwise been called out in a normie social group for standing out
>>
>>38454813
>>38454771

>muh hiking/running muh bars muh Netflix muh trending music

Top kek
>>
>>38454891
Even anime isn't safe from this. Vast portions of the community are just people watching socially, for the bantz, memes, shitposting and waifu wars. Their interest is as deep as a puddle, yet they make a big deal about how they're huge fans.
>>
>>38454931
Watching anime and reading manga could be considered a hobby, but not by many. Playin vidya is also not quite a hobby. Masturbating is most definitely not a hobby, and none of those are productive
>>
>>38454962
A casual chat with them will reveal everything though
I had a internet "friend" like that, he had seen at most 10-15 episodes of naruto and still called himself "otaku" on social media for months and kept on boasting about it by making related posts. All over 10 fucking episodes (which were somewhere in the between, not even the beginning of the anime)
I've seen thousands of hours of anime, but never once thought of myself as an "otaku" or whatever, for the sole reason that i do not require validation from anyone for something that i love doing

I would gladly knock him out if i ever meet him irl
>>
File: 1486525997995.gif (627KB, 361x324px) Image search: [Google]
1486525997995.gif
627KB, 361x324px
>>38455016
>Literally being an angry beta bitch whining about how Chad doesn't care about the animus
He'd ask you what your favorite anime was and you'd mumble out a reply while looking at the ground after having not showered for 3 days.
>>
File: 1381064852025.jpg (71KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
1381064852025.jpg
71KB, 718x718px
>>38454728
>it's another "I think my anecdotal observations are a universal fact" thread

Of course normies have hobbies that they dedicate themselves to. Examples are things like car modding, musical instruments/bands, playing sports, doing standup or improv. skiing, etc. There are a ton of normie hobbies that have been around for ages.

Wouldn't say that they're all "good" hobbies, but they're still hobbies none-the-less.
>>
>>38455121
Well despite all that i still wouldn't be a poser
You cant say the same for dear chad
>>
>>38455121
Do you really think "Chad" boasts on the internet about being an otaku because he watched a few episodes of Naruto?
>>
>>38454728
What are your hobbies OP?

Original question blox
>>
>>38455222
jerking my dick for hours on end
That counts, right?
>>
File: 1486245353665.jpg (479KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486245353665.jpg
479KB, 1280x720px
>>38455209
Yes, you should know by know that normies are slowly, but surely, taking the "nerd culture" for themselves. Why do you think stuff like One-Punch Man, Rick and Morty and Capeshit movies have been so popular?
Chances are he doesn't even know what otaku means and just thinks it means you like anime.
>>
>>38454728
Watching anime isn't a hobby.
>>
>>38455277
Chad is the apex normie, not the average.

>>38455286
Then nothing is a hobby.
>>
File: assembler.png (170KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
assembler.png
170KB, 1366x768px
>>38455222
Nice trips my man
I am mainly into programming and fiddling around with electronics, and microcontrollers

My latest creation, i designed a RISC like ISA, then wrote an emulator and assembler for it.
>>
>>38454728
people just wanna fit in and think just talking about something means they actually do it every day even though they haven't done that thing once.

basically bragging about nothing, nobody really cares desu
>>
>>38455286
tell that to my weeb friend who thinks being labled an otaku is a good thing lmao.

"oh im OTAKU, i don't only watch anime! i jerk off to it too and buy animay figures of half naked underaged girls, so yes its a hobby!!"
>>
File: korean r9kfag dreams.jpg (369KB, 720x2424px) Image search: [Google]
korean r9kfag dreams.jpg
369KB, 720x2424px
>>38454728
>Every normie i see has the same flavor-of-the-week hobbies that change every time a new trendy hobby gets popular.

This is the exact reason why they're normies.

TL;DR: they just can't get sincerely passionate about anything
>>
File: emulator.png (127KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
emulator.png
127KB, 1366x768px
>>38455311
This is the emulator running the binary in the previous image
Funny thing is, once i wrote everything, i immediately lost interest in it, and started working on something else
>>
>>38455343
Most figures are not "half-naked," and "underage" doesn't have any meaning in anime.

Otaku doesn't carry the same kind of negative meaning it once did.
>>
>>38455311

specifications or it never happened.
>>
>>38455311

LDI MRM OUT BJRP ... bro, are you over 45 years old?
>>
>>38454728
A lot of people, PARTICULARLY women, won't actually tell you what their real hobbies are unless you've known each other a while.

I've met girls who are into all kinds of cool shit who just told me vanilla interests and generic tastes when we met.

I guess they don't want to risk being ridiculed or gatekeeped by someone they don't know yet.
>>
File: specs.png (89KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
89KB, 1366x768px
>>38455404
Nah mate, im 22
Its just that the architecture which i first used for embedded was a RISC based (8 bit AVRs) one with branching for condition making.
It had an effect on me so my ISA has the same influence and instruction mnemonics

>>38455385
I'm a hobbyist, not a pro, so the closest i can give to "specs" is this text file with a list of opcodes, instructions and other stuff
>>
File: niggermama.png (268KB, 616x754px) Image search: [Google]
niggermama.png
268KB, 616x754px
>>38455470
>A lot of people, PARTICULARLY women, won't actually tell you what their real hobbies are unless you've known each other a while.

y'know, sounds quite pervy
>>
>>38454891
So have you never seen anyone with a hobby?
>>
>>38454994
A hobby is literally anything you do for leisure. Jacking off is as much a hobby as watching TV or playing videogames. A hobby doesn't need to be constructive, you don't have to be woodworking or building model ships for it to constitute a hobby.
>>
>>38455676
>So have you never seen anyone with a hobby?
Not a genuine one, no
Plenty with temporary monthly hobbies, which are mostly used for gaining attention from others or as conversation topics
>>
What about all musicians, almost everyone who does anything graphical and such stuff?
At least 99% of everyone doing those things are normalfags.
>>
File: SHHHEEEEIIIIITTTTT.jpg (96KB, 960x739px) Image search: [Google]
SHHHEEEEIIIIITTTTT.jpg
96KB, 960x739px
>>38455713
>A hobby doesn't need to be constructive

normie detected.

"leisure" = waste time

"hobby" = spend time in something constructive (aka, time is not wasted)

example:
- "I read manga"

pastime version: "every page waiting for some horny pic to fap at"

hobby version: "I'm learning Japanese in a non-boring manner"
>>
File: hobby.png (15KB, 432x161px) Image search: [Google]
hobby.png
15KB, 432x161px
>>38455741
>What about all musicians, almost everyone who does anything graphical and such stuff?
Well most of them dont like their jobs, and are just in it for money. There are some who do like what they do though

>>38455766
See pic related
>>
>>38455713
Jacking off is legit more of a hobby, by the definition of the word, than something like be a musician. You jack in your downtime for your own pleasure. That's a hobby. Nearly Everyone that's pursuing music in their spare time wants to either convey a specific image or make it big and have it become their profession. Not a hobby by definition.
>>
>>38455790
Only a tiny part of everyone doing those things make money from it.
>>
There are both normies and robots who just sit in front of a screen all day and demand to be entertained.
>>
File: main trunk.jpg (321KB, 1580x612px) Image search: [Google]
main trunk.jpg
321KB, 1580x612px
I have ~155 GB of 2D, ranging everywhere from fully-clothed to plain nude, from lolis to milfs, catgirls and any other kemonomimi, all of it somewhat organized, and of course the hundreds of doujins I've fapped to.

How is masturbating not a hobby?
>>
>>38456054
It obviously is
The basic definition of a hobby is
>something you do in your spare time
>something you enjoy doing

However, the following are not the requirements for a hobby
>must be productive
>must not be only said, not done for attention
>>
Because that's what hobbies are. Mild enjoyment when you're not living life and working like you should. Also id argue that it's the normies who are proficient at hobbies like sports. Being a jobless shut in with autism levels of knowledge of gaming and anime isn't superior.
>>
>>38454947
>hiking is not a hobby
get out of here you disgusting normie
>>
>>38456054
I wish I was able to find 2d hot. I have 1.39 gb of 3d and I'm already mostly burned out on it, I might find three new pictures a month at best.
>>
>>38457109
>I wish I was able to find 2d hot.
Probably just a matter of exposure. I used to not be interested either, now I have gigabytes of the stuff and deleted almost all my 3D stuff and put the rest on an external drive.
>>
I barely care enough to keep my shit from falling apart. I don't care about being the best of the best or a master in a craft because I'm not passionate about anything. The happiest I feel is when I'm drunk, my hobbies feel like work, everything is just work until I can get fucked up and go to sleep again. I wish I were dead
>>
>>38456054
what's the picture beneath zzz exhentai check of the girl with blue hair and a blue shirt?
>>
>>38457255
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2381997
>>
I'm pretty sure it's robots who are the least likely to have hobbies, since we're generally lazy.
>>
>>38457334
>lazy
Speak for yourself. I spent over 8 hours playing Hyperdimension Neptunia last Sunday. I'm not like you robots who do nothing all day.
>>
>>38457359
Is this a joke? Spending 8 hours playing a game is the epitome of laziness.
>>
>>38454728
They also get pretty weirded out when you tell them about your hobbies if they're not the right ones. Understandable if you start talking about pervy ones or acting elitist, but you could be casually talking to them about an anime you're watching or a game you're playing and they look at you like a creep
>>
>>38457194
I'd also be ashamed of myself for some reason. I used to think anime was garbage way back and that's ingrained in me on some level even though I've enjoyed a few since then.
>>
>>38454728
At least they have hobbies.
>>
File: fugg.png (404KB, 660x584px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.png
404KB, 660x584px
>>38454728
Capitalism
They have to work more than us. Or at least they are encouraged to. No time for fun
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.