[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So gentlemen, what sort of decider are you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

3 types of decisionmaking:
romantic, rational or herd.

romantic: decisions based on ideals, aesthetic value, raw emotions.
rational: decisions based on logical and/or empirical data and reason.
herd: being directed by social consensus and group decisions.

Noone is fully one-type but use different forms. Drugs, lifestyle elements (sleep, sex etc), company, other conditions etc will affect these ratios in use in context.

It is fair to say that most people have a dominant or typical form or ratio, and a dominant form may be recognised in a context.
>>
A fusion of romantic and rational, with rational dominating.
>>
>>38453662
I'd like to think I'm rational but I'm probably not.
>>
>>38453662
Romantic but I keep it suppressed as much as possible with rational. Every now and then I'll feel impulses that I'll just act on even if they're not rational at all.
>>
>>38453662
Partly rational and mostly whatever giving up and not bothering counts as.
By your definitions, that would be romantic, but that doesn't seem right.
>>
Rational mixed with a rational-romantic
>>
>>38453662
is "purely instinctive" an option?
>>
Romantic is honestly best. Decisions based upon some unconscious notion of destiny are what leads men to their most defiant deed's. Follow the heart and not the mind.
>>
>>38453907
>raw emotions.
The romantic category, though it's titled poorly.
>>
File: 1500362400306.jpg (197KB, 1930x1698px) Image search: [Google]
1500362400306.jpg
197KB, 1930x1698px
>>38453951
that's the opposite of romantic really. romanticism appeals to the higher ideals and virtues. I just follow my basal instincts for the most part.
>>
>>38453662
rational
Anyone who answers "herd" is a normie and needs to GTFO
>>
>>38453662
Used to be rational. Now try to be more romantic since I've realised rationality is a meme.
>>
File: 1499609880577.jpg (63KB, 527x527px) Image search: [Google]
1499609880577.jpg
63KB, 527x527px
>>38453662
Rational.

Emotions can easily get out of your control and eventually lead you to your undoing.
And being controlled by others kills your individuality, essentially making you another puppet of the system.
>>
Literally no one is going to answer herd, even if it's true. No individual snowflake thinks it's part of the avalanche.
>>
File: 1500112038548.jpg (324KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1500112038548.jpg
324KB, 1200x1200px
>>38454100
Read: I've always been romantic in nature, and considered so-called rationality to be a romantic ideal.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.