[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What differentiates me, a lazy piece of shit addicted to his

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1458145989727.png (684KB, 817x631px) Image search: [Google]
1458145989727.png
684KB, 817x631px
What differentiates me, a lazy piece of shit addicted to his computer but wants to work really hard, from other students who work really hard every day?

Why is it so hard for me to do anything but stare at screens? Why am I so useless?
>>
>>38443263
Genetically inferior
nah this website is a huge, depressing timesink
I guarantee your attention span and work ethic would improve noticeably if you cut 4chan out of your life
>>
>>38443290
nah, it's just a symptom
>>
>>38443263
Maybe you just haven't fun a way to motivate yourself to accomplish everything. I could say that your mind is mentally satisfied at the moment of your life since you do not seem stressed but perhaps you're bored with your life. Maybe that you need a certain goal since you feel empty inside. Try to learn something new or acquire a new set of skill to occupy your time with. You're just probably bored and too comfortable right now which is why you stagnate yourself.
>>
>>38443263
>What differentiates me, a lazy piece of shit from other students who are not lazy pieces of shit.

It really joggles the noggle
>>
>>38443404
I'm actually very stressed, this is torture to me, I feel obligated to do things but I don't act on any of it. I don't act at all unless it's a stimulating thing to do behind a screen. I almost feel like a puppet whose strings are pulled outside of his own accord.

I'm failing classes, decaying physically and racking up debt I shouldn't even have and I don't know how to stop. I don't know what makes me this way.
>>
>>38443586
Should had phrased it better.

I meant more on the lines of "Why am I lazy but they're not" and "why do they work hard and are self-disciplined and I'm not?"
>>
>>38443836
>why do they work hard and are self-disciplined and I'm not?
Because you rack discipline
>>
>>38444067
but why?

Why do they have discipline and I don't? Why don't I do things so I can get it?
>>
>>38443263
Self-discipline, dude.

It'll hurt like a bastard splinter under your toenail to push yourself to work, but it'll eventually lead to little to no reliance on motivation.
>>
>>38444127
Because you're a spoiled brat

Man the fuck up you little baby
>>
>>38443263
I feel your pain man.

You just gotta force yourself to do the work.
>>
>>38444127
>Why do they have discipline and I don't?
Because they worked to get it.

>Why don't I do things so I can get it?
Because you're a fuckwit you picks something up, """tries""" for three minutes then puts it down because it's "too hard for le brainlet like me"
>>
Those people don't think that "but it's hard" means "I can't do it"

Stop trying to find excuses and work through things. The thing that makes you this way is you. Nothing else.
>>
>>38444250
>>38444276
>>38444278
>>38444222
>>38444221
>All basically telling me the same thing, with varying degrees of sass
Jesus Christ.

I have tried to force myself though, literally giving entire days to something but I guess I'm beaten down from failing to stick with so many things that doing it all again seemed like the wrong way but I guess it's not.

If I force myself to do what I need to again, how do I stick with it? How do I persevere when it gets hard?
>>
>>38444570
>How do I persevere when it gets hard?
By growing up.
>>
>>38444570
Most things take time to adjust to. Perseverance doesn't require any tricks or knowledge, you just have to keep at it.

You're likely lying to yourself about how hard it really is too, it's too easy to fall into the trap of "well I tried but it was hard so I can't complain about giving up"
>>
>>38444570
Make a schedule. But not just any schedule. You gotta stick to it like a soldier. But you're NOT gonna do it if it's a very hard schedule. Make a schedule that you will ACTUALLY follow. And this is key. Make it not lenient but easy, if you get my vibe. And schedule your free time too. Shit does require commitment and discipline but you also have to be smart and know your limits. Remember you're not a slave of yourself so you have to negotiate with yourself. If this doesn't work feel free to give up.
>>
>>38444746
>>38444660
Don't listen to those guys. That's the kind of "wisdom"I used to get. Refer to my post.>>38444849
>>
>>38443263
Evolution.

The lazy guys who just sat around in caves, doing nothing and staring at the ceiling were FAR more likely to survive than the retards who went outside and started doing shit.

1. They were less likely to starve. The less you do, the less calories you waste. If you want to work hard you need to consume huge amounts of calories every day and this was hard back then.

2. You were far less likely to get eaten by animals if you were comfortable doing nothing and just sitting around, waiting until Chad gets eaten so you can impregnate his wife.

Lazy people have the genes of kings. Hard working people the genes of slaves.

Last but not least laziness is far better for the environment and even for the universe. There is only a limited amount of energy in the universe. See how fucked our planet is? Work did that.
>>
>>38444849
So instead of
>1 hour of X a day
I should be doing something like
>Every day from 2 PM to 3 PM do X
and maybe
>15 minutes of leisure between activities
>2 hours of leisure from 6 to 8 PM each day

This still may be rough for me but I'm curious if I'm getting the type of thing you're suggesting?

>>38444875
>>38444746
I think you're both trying to tell me that never not doing it is what will make it much less difficult in the long run and what will, ironically, help me stick with it, if I understand correctly.
>>
File: 1397415572513.jpg (345KB, 599x846px) Image search: [Google]
1397415572513.jpg
345KB, 599x846px
>>38445267
>See how fucked our planet is? Work did that.
Preach
>>
>>38445343
Future generations which live post-scarcity and post-singularity will view work as something very barbaric and archaic.

For them the right to exist without work will be as normal as our right to not be killed.
>>
>>38445518
NEETopia, sounds beautiful.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.