[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25+

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 27

File: 25+.png (58KB, 445x293px) Image search: [Google]
25+.png
58KB, 445x293px
>there are people graduating from STEM and have careers lined up
>tfw 27 and failed my CDL test for the 3rd time and I have to take all the written endorsement tests again because parallel parking
>tfw everyone from my class from when I began is making money and I'm here starting ALL over
>>
File: angry pepe.png (246KB, 338x344px) Image search: [Google]
angry pepe.png
246KB, 338x344px
Damn lads, I don't know what to do now.I have to pay 80bux and get all my shit done again. I don't even have the money. Why is everything so hard for me?
>>
You could probably do it but you have zero confidence so you fail.
>>
Maybe that's a good sign to do something else? Another trade perhaps?

You will see a ton of train/bus, truck and heavy equipment operators out of work thanks to automation. Big rigs are already being automated in mining (e.g. Canadian oilsands). As a senior project manager for a tech firm contributing to your demise let me just say you will see it in your working life.

If you just love those heavy vehicles you'd have better luck training as an electronics technician maintaining their future versions.
>>
WHO /DEADENDJOB/ HERE?

I'm 27 and working in fast food. Is there anything worse than this?
>>
>>38442604
I would say that not having a job is still worse.
>>
>>38442010
>28 soon 29
>Bioengi degree
>things happened and I basically clocked in 5 years of NEETdom after the degree
>a huge blank space in my CV where I dont have any internships or work experiences or anything
>family managed to pull strings and land me an interview in a big ass company
>I tried reviewing what I studied but years of the NEET life and being friendless made it impossible for me to show any technical or social skills
>half the people of my class are married and with jobs/houses

Fucking kill me already.
>>
>>38442385
>Why is everything so hard for me?
Because you are addicted to the Internet.
>>
File: spooked1.png (374KB, 611x558px) Image search: [Google]
spooked1.png
374KB, 611x558px
>>38442511
I had confidence going in. Maybe culinary is my calling since I'm the best cook in the house. shit I might finish mydegree
>>
>>38442604
dead end, yes, job, not so much.
>>
>>38442010
>and I'm here starting ALL over
Good. At least you're trying. You'll catch up. Everyone has a plateau. When they hit theirs, you'll still be climbing. You'll get there.

>>38442554
Safehand transport will never be automated.

>>38442604
Yes, being 27 and not working at all.

>>38442651
Then try harder and read it again instead of being here.
>>
>tfw took a nap and feel like shit
Ruined my day. Threw everything off.
>>
>>38443693
>The optimal nap is 26 minutes, research done by NASA when it wasn;t a complete failure.

http://www.mikestevens.com/gutenblog/2011/08/23/the-amazing-26-minute-nasa-power-nap/
>>
I'm 26 and unemployed. It sucks. I apply to shitty jobs and no one wants me.
>>
File: 1483302983900.jpg (743KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1483302983900.jpg
743KB, 1200x1800px
>>38442010
I'm about to drive to Coos Bay, OR (it's not that far, I currently live about nine hours away) and look for construction or related blue-collar work. How stupid am I, lads?
>tfw no friends anywhere I go so it doesn't really matter where I go
>don't like taco americans
>don't like large cities or suburbs, and the entire state of California can sink into the sea and I'd rejoice
>just wanna live somewhere comfy on the coast, away from city life and chimp-outs and with good /out/ spots
>>
>2 years of NEETdom after college
>no experience
>turn 26 this year

It's over, isn't it.
>>
my "job" is literally killing me but I can't quit because nobody else will hire my sorry ass. I work outside in the sun, in fucking florida, busting my ass doing manual work with mexicans, blacks and white ex convicts.
>>
>28
>just moved back in with mom
>small town, no jobs, no girls, no young people
>everyone is either a teenager or late middle age
>$35K in student loans, no degree
>payments start in 2 months, have no money to pay

What happens? I'm guessing they throw you in jail or something?
>>
>>38443941
>What happens?
Is not personal bankruptcy a thing in the US? As I assume everyone here is american until they say other-vice
>>
>>38444018

You can't declare bankruptcy on student loans in the US.
>>
File: 1393794690127.jpg (78KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1393794690127.jpg
78KB, 668x712px
l almost lost it today.
>>
>>38443941

I'm in the same position when it comes to living in a small town. College was my 1 ticket out of here and I fucked it up. There are no jobs, there are no girls outside of high school, there are no young 20 somethings in general, I live in florida so 75% of the people I interact with are retirement age. Its a living hell
>>
>>38444113

I'm in a tiny one-street town in the middle of Oklahoma.
It's amazing the kind of heart-wrenches you can get when you see a stunning 16 year old in the Walmart at 10 pm at night and then you go home and realize she probably lives 2 houses over and also has nothing to do. But alas what is to be done. It's the poetry of small town existence.
>>
>>38442604
I work in retail anon. I know your pain. Somedays i just want to steal a boat and attempt to sail around the world or die trying. Will you be my first m8 anon?
>>
>>38442010
30 y/o here. Living with mom. I am a school teacher. Sounds fucked but things are looking pretty good. I feel much better than in my 20s. Seriously.
>>
>>38444113
How did you fuck it up anon?
>fuck the robot
>>
>>38444198
>schoolteacher
>living with mom
Don't you make enough to move out? Even a junior schoolteacher has to make around a thousand a week at least, right?
>>
>>38444198
>thinks living with his mom at 30 and being a schoolteacher is "looking up"

Jesus anon i sure hope you are larping.
>>
>>38443867
can't tell if you are stupid or not from the post. Well, maybe a little of both.
Moving away from California seems reasonable. Even if a high cat chimpout or large earthquake never happens, you'll still be living in a nice place.
Have you been up to Oregon before?
Do you have funds to sustain you during the job search?
Do you have blue collar work exp?
Can you look for work/call about it from California? It would be no fun to drive 18 hours and end up back in the same place.
Best of luck to you ! Make your adventure a successful one through good planning !
>>
>>38442010
Who else here come to horrible realisation that they will never live a comfy normie life? Even if i fixed my crippling anxiety I'm now too old to go back to school without beong that weird old guy, getting a gf who has good qualities would be next to impossible.

How fucking sad I wasted my life.

t. 36 year old.
>>
>>38444493

I mean, this is the price of comfyness. Instead of trying to make gains you just did nothing instead and it's finally caught up with you.
>>
>>38444404

1k a week? LMAO they start school teachers here at like $27k a year. Try 400 a week at best. That;s with a 4 year degree too lmao lmao
>>
>>38443941
you gotta defer that shit, i hear private loans are harder to defer but i have federal student loans and have been deferring them for over half a year now due to unemployment
>>
File: 1497374164908.jpg (102KB, 454x681px) Image search: [Google]
1497374164908.jpg
102KB, 454x681px
>>38444449
>can't tell if you are stupid or not
I'm posting on this board, take a guess.
>nice place
I've been to Oregon on trips quite a bit, mostly rural but some Portland trips (not my favorite city, but not horrible.)
>funds
It's never taken me more than 3 or 4 days to find a job. Last time it took me 24 hours, if I'd waited 48 hours I could've gotten a way better one too but since I knew I'd be skipping town soon anyway I didn't feel like it.
>blue collar work exp
see above
>call about it from Cali
>no fun driving
I wouldn't drive that far for an interview and drive back. And see above, once I drive out there I do have the funds to get a room as well as a fairly high confidence that it won't be too long before I'm making money. It really doesn't matter too much to me whether I apply here or there, most places are fine with phone interviews and if they aren't, I have no problem driving out there (because like I said, going out there anyway.) If I land a face-to-face interview after an initial phone call, in my field I've essentially already been offered the job pending my showing up to the interview in a wheelchair or with a half-empty bottle of liquor in hand or something.
>best of luck
Y-you too
>>
>>38443840
this is me right now, i guess i'll see you on the other side
>>
>>38444594
Oh shit. You got schlonged, son!
Damn, Jose makes more than that trimming lawns, and he's just sitting on his ass texting his girl(s) half the time.

I guess the dream/intent is to move up and make five or six times that with full pension someday, right?
>>
>>38444183
i really hope u do it :)
>>
File: finboat.jpg (99KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
finboat.jpg
99KB, 800x518px
>>38444731
>>funds
>It's never taken me more than 3 or 4 days to find a job
Oh, I should've added for clarification, I do have several thousand I can throw around as well. But funds isn't much more than gas/food money and two weeks' groceries, my 4x4 is decent and has a nice overnight setup inside. A couple times I've chosen to sleep in it instead of renting just because it seemed preferable, even though I could easily afford a place. Being car-homeless in Santa Cruz involves so much driving/avoiding druggies/cops/angry homeowners that I didn't even really save that much money when you factor in the gas, kek
>>
>>38444198
Not yet. I am saving for my place cos I don't want to rent. I was bedridden for a while so I was not able to work. Plus the medical expenses and all.
>>
>>38444404
I am saving for my place cos i dont want to rent. I was bedridden for a while so I couldnt work. Plus medical expenses and whatnot.
>>
>>38444434
Yeah that's the point. My life is pretty pathetic but I feel good with how things are going. I was pretty fucked up healthwise for a while and I was a shut in. Things changed in the way in which I live life rather than the circumstances
>>
File: 1497667334231.gif (479KB, 758x866px) Image search: [Google]
1497667334231.gif
479KB, 758x866px
>>38444907
Oh, nice. Beat those (((renters))) if you can stand living at home, then! Godspeed anonman!

Don't listen to the cucks telling you it sucks, if you really don't mind staying in one place for that long, schoolteachers can have it pretty comfy once they get tenure or whatever right? My dad spent a couple years barely making more than it cost him to get to work (long commute, he's a pilot) but now he makes six figures doing the exact same thing he was doing back then.
>>
>>38444778

lawn crews make like $10 hr here dude, that's not even 12k a year
>>
File: 1496224192972.gif (60KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
1496224192972.gif
60KB, 434x434px
>tfw I'm almost 30.
>tfw I was hoping to be married by now.
>tfw I was hoping to have my first child.
>tfw all I do is look at memes and go to work.
>tfw no friends, no real life.

At least I have some kind of job. I mean, no one else wants to work it, but I dunno.
>>
>>38444907

That's wise anon, renting absolutely sucks.
Seeing $500+ evaporate into thin air every single months gets to be so demoralizing
>>
>>38445116
how is taht different from paying rent
>>
>>38445061
I was so fucked up from 25-30. That everything that is not being bedridden and alone in my room is good. I even had to go back to school to study with a bunch of 23-25 year old chads and That even was a good experience so far. Pretty good overall believe it or not.
>>
>>38445116
Try $1000 every single month.
>>
>>38445136

I was literally describing paying rent. so obviously it's not different from paying rent.
>>
>>38445116
Yeah. It's like throwing it into the trash.
>>
File: ancient dry wojak alternate.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
ancient dry wojak alternate.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>30 and all I have is a BA in psychology and a 2-year diploma in office administration
>too late to start over in a worthwhile field
>impossible to do anything with what I do have, might as well not have a degree at all
>been NEET for almost 3 years since I graduated

it's fucking over
>>
>>38444778
>pension
Heh
>>
>>38445162
>>38445162
I meant interest rate ... sry
>>
>>38445095
Haha shit, I guess I've been working in the Sacramento/SF area for a while (too long) and blue-collar wages are ridiculous the closer to San Francisco you get. Sparkies and plumbers can make bank anywhere on the West Coast, but even senior painters and carpenters and shit (employees, not business-owners) can break six figures around the Bay. There are sparkies working part-time making 100k there. I know a plumber who started a company in San Jose who moved to my little town when he retired. Retired at something like 35, bought a house on ~18 acres that he expanded to something like 1800sf and put another house on the property (just because he was fucking bored, I guess) with probably 1200sf and maybe a six-car garage.

I'm sure teachers make an absolute killing around the Bay, too. All those blue-state union politics.
>>
File: 1472261972098.jpg (66KB, 459x636px) Image search: [Google]
1472261972098.jpg
66KB, 459x636px
Gonna do my best to ask her out tomorrow lads.
>>
>>38445315

Because after 20 years of making mortgage payments you are a home owner and own a valuable asset.
After 20 years of rent you have absolutely nothing.
>>
I make 35k 2 years out of school and I feel like a fucking loser.
>>
>>38445512
Better than making nothing desu
>>
>>38445512
I'm 4 years out and make nothing.
>>
>>38442010
Should've fallen for the STEM meme.

>28
>100k+
>smoking weed right now

It's pretty good.
>>
>>38445468
There is a difference between mortgage payments and paying interest rate. Paying interest rate is in some sense "throwing money out of the window" and very much comparable to paying rent
>>
>>38444493
Why couldn't you? Plenty of age 30-40 year olds in my science classes. They don't give a shit.

Also I couldn't sit in a packed classroom because of anxiety until my 30's when I finally improved enough. That's when I started school.

Just try man.
>>
>>38444871
no walmart parking lots to park in? Santa cruz is awesome place though
>>
>>38445112
what job? origi
>>
>>38445721
Prison Guard, you know.
>>
30 years old here.

Job interview as a Paralegal tomorrow. Full time, permanent position. Decent pay.

It's not a job that requires a degree, but the fact I have two (albiet useless) degrees should put me in good stead. This is my first chance at a 'real job' and the fact it's permanent and full time is an amazing bonus.

Wish me luck.
>>
>>38445703
>walmart
In Santa Cruz? No way, most store lots have ~30m time limits - if they even have parking lots. The hipsters taking their Chevy 1500 vans down there and living in SurfDudeLmao is a huge problem. The entire area, not just the city, is engineered against homelessness and car camping specifically.
>awesome place
For the afternoon, maybe. After the first week it just started to feel like a carnival personally. Everything's fake, there is no true local culture (just corporate branded shit and high-dollar restaurants), and I've never been anywhere where the locals are so unfriendly to outsiders. Probably for that DudeSurfLmao trend, honestly. I'm sure when college fags routinely park their vans on the street in front of your house and throw weed parties or play shitty accoustic guitar every night, it gets old real fast.
There's some real beauty outside the city, but it's just not commercialized and relatively untouched because the faggots just want to walk on the boardwalk and go to meme stores. Still doesn't hold a candle to Pacific Northwest coastal forests, but it's comfy in its own way.
>>
>>38445771
i get why people might end up getting a useless degree, but getting two useless degrees is just silly
>>
>>38445730
any stories? everyone behave? you get messed with? cool with anyone, everyone? Does it suck?
>>
>>38445730
>Prison Guard
>>38445872
>any stories? everyone behave?
and i keked to the gods
>>
>>38445814
ya, I could google, but how far away is santa cruz from monetary bay? It was a while ago but I have been to both and thought they were both quite nice, living anywhere near the water is quite great, and yeah definitely love the northwest too, redwood forests and stuff and vibes. Best of luck
>>
>>38445892
>>38445872
For the most part, everyone obeys me. It's rare to have someone buck on me. When they do, there's pretty harsh consequences for them and their unit. If you strike them hard and fast when you first start, they knbow not to mess with you.

Lots of fucking pedophiles there. It sucks. They also love reading anime so it makes me feel like shit. I can't like anime anymore without thinking of all those fucking pedos.
>>
Goddamn I hate socializing. For work I've had to spend some fairly long days talking to various people and listening to their shit. At the very least all my hours for the month are filled so I can just sit home for the rest of the month.
I figured I could take it easy, but nope. I bought Tekken 7, refunded it because it didn't feel fun, tried other games and nothing does it for me, tried doing some music and nope, not even that works, tried painting miniatures and only got really angry, tried watching something entertaining and it only made me uncomfortable. The only thing I can do is listen to music music and chainsmoke.
I guess this is where I'm at now. They ain't kidding when they say that things will always only get worse.
>>
>>38445924
i would have thought all the degenerates would have a unit of their own
>>
>working for agency
>did 8 hours this week
>only paid for 6 of them
>50 bong instead of 62 bong

this is not how i imagined life at 25
>>
>>38445971
We have too many of them to have their own unit. It's what we call a 'safe yard'.
>>
>>38445901
>how far away is santa cruz from monetary bay
maybe 45 minutes? I don't know, I've been to Monterey in the past too, but I didn't feel any need while I was in SC. The coast is honestly more or less the same, I've been to the aquarium before, not sure why else I'd make the trek. I was more concerned with exploring the protected/undeveloped coastline north of SC while I was down there, when I wasn't busy getting drunk.
>>
>>38445998
>work 8 hours (for official agency, not just some small guy)
>only paid 6
In burger, that's a huge lawsuit territory if it's actually a big agency. Small guys and small businesses can get away with that sometimes, and it's more socially acceptable. But Shekels, Inc. has to pay you for every minute you're on the clock.
>>
>>38446195
i'm just going to email them and say that there's been a mistake i think

at first i was just gonna leave it, but the more i thought about it, the more pissed off i got, and i think i'm petty enough that it'll annoy me for years to come
>>
>>38446273
Good idea. Temp agencies already screw you like nothing else, my former employer would routinely hire workers who were paid minimum wage through Shekel TempStein, but they cost the company more than three times minimum wage. Don't know if you already knew that, but they essentially take between half and two-thirds of your paycheck just for the service of telling an employer "Sure, Anon can be there next week."
>>
>>38442010

>tfw heart murmur lads
>>
>>38446483
>Don't know if you already knew that, but they essentially take between half and two-thirds of your paycheck just for the service of telling an employer "Sure, Anon can be there next week."
i always thought it about that

that's real fucking depressing when you think about it
>>
I'm planning on moving to California in two years to try and making it in the film industry. Going to be rough since I know no one and am awful at networking. Not a people person and that industry is all networking. But I'd rather try that and fail than live never having tried.
>>
>>38445924
what are the popular animes in prison?
>>
>>38446648
Pleb shit.
>>
>>38446669
it sounds like you have a purpose now anon :^)
>>
>>38446716
Dude, I don't talk to them about this shit. Pedos usually stay away from the block cops for a lot of reasons.
>>
File: beeuris2.png (229KB, 799x453px) Image search: [Google]
beeuris2.png
229KB, 799x453px
>>38444493
>I'm now too old to go back to school
who's stopping you? the plight of mere normies? you're 36 not 56. Nigga, why not change? aren't you tired of losing? fuck normies, do it to spite them, do it to spite humanity. If you crawl out of the hole can you imagine how salty they'll be? if you get fit and finish school? can you imagine how pissed off they'll be when they compare themselves to you with their beer gut and ugly exwhore wives while you got your shit together.
>>
File: 13451215416.png (242KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
13451215416.png
242KB, 600x791px
>26
>NEET
>Dropped out of college after a panic attack on campus led to a suicide attempt that left my arms and neck scarred.
>Friendless recluse shut-in
>Major Depressive Disorder
>Living with (and off of) retired, widowed father
>No goals or ambitions; just drifting from day to day, watching Youtube videos and eating fast food.
>No idea how to survive if (and when) my dad passes; too apathetic to care. Have over $150K saved up, but cost of living in this area is very high and it wouldn't last me long.
>tfw there are people with degrees, careers, and even families and are still suicidally depressed

At this point I wish I could just push a button and cease to exist. I don't have a gun or I would have used it already. I don't think I could get a gun with my suicide attempt on record. And I live in a very wealthy, liberal area so I don't think I could find a seller who could skip the background check.

It all feels so tiresome. Maybe if there was some goal I really wanted to achieve things would be different. But I don't want a family. I don't want any fancy material good. I don't want to change the world. I have no creative impulses. I don't care for spiritual matters. I'm just a sack of shit that would rather take the easy way out instead of improving anything.

Fuck.
>>
File: lh.jpg (502KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lh.jpg
502KB, 1600x1200px
>>38446595
>film industry
>know no one
>awful at networking
>browses this board
>not a people person
It honestly sounds like that might be a horrible career path for you. Not necessarily that entertainment is wrong, though. Have you considered finding an independent studio that's much less social-scene-y and more arts-y? Or perhaps working corporate for a few years to build a resume making commercials or safety videos or something?

I work construction so I don't know shit about the film industry, but my gut instincts are telling me that something is off about your little self-summary. Good luck, though! If somebody analyzed me, they'd probably think I was a terrible fit for construction, too.
>>
>>38447320
I'll be 26 in a week, anon. I'm about to head up to Oregon to try to carve out a living, for a few months at least. Maybe a few years. Who knows.

University had me suicidal, I found labor to be much more satisfying and kept my mind off suicide, eventually actually giving me passions (carpentry, mostly) in life that made me a happier person. I think for many people, finding a real job (i.e., not asking welfare moms if they want fries with that) can help a lot with depression, especially if you start slow. But maybe that's just me.

Do you do anything physical, or work with your hands, or anything (past building computers and stuff like that)? I do know getting /fit/ can be difficult when you're depressed but if you can stomach it, that might be very helpful too. Well worth a gym membership, in my opinion.
>>
>>38447320
>Have over $150K saved up,
how?
>>
>>38447320
How did you save up 150k as a NEET?
>>
File: 1264875530284.jpg (51KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1264875530284.jpg
51KB, 720x540px
>>38447430
I don't do anything besides wake up, browse the Internet and watch Youtube videos, break for food, do some reading before bedtime, and then sleep. I used to play lots of video games, but they feel like empty, hollow experiences now. So I just watch Let's Plays instead, so it feels like I have a friend there to experience the game (which I don't have to play myself) with me. Pretty pathetic, but I've long since stopped caring.

I know that, in general, it's better to do *something* than nothing, even if you don't like it at first. I'm just too lazy to do anything like lift or volunteer or learn a new skill. Lazy and depressed. I just don't have the willpower to make changes to my life, because I'm at the point where I would rather be dead than alive at all.
>>
>>38447320
>Have over $150K saved up

Hooly fuck, move to a place like VIetnam were that would last you 10 lifetimes.
>>
File: 1487103059693.jpg (53KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487103059693.jpg
53KB, 848x480px
>39
>turning 40 next week
I'm going to be a real life 40 year old virgin, it feels strange.
>>
>>38447561
Are you sad about it, depressed?
>>
File: astrangegame.jpg (62KB, 599x582px) Image search: [Google]
astrangegame.jpg
62KB, 599x582px
>>38447484
>>38447508
>>38447546
Sorry if I implied that it was money that I made myself. My parents were both well-salaried members of the middle class and saved up a trust fund for me to pay for college in case I got into an expensive Ivy-League school or something. But I got into a local uni with a bunch of scholarships to boot. So tuition, being in-state, was relatively low, and the scholarships took care of most of it.

Too bad I never actually finished college! With the leftover money, I've basically dumped it into a Vanguard index fund and it's been slowly increasing in value. Hooray, capitalism, I guess.

The most money I made myself was around $11,000 from, believe it or not, buying and re-selling Unusual Hats in Team Fortress 2 via Paypal. That was many years ago, back when I actually played video games myself.
>>
>>38447561
He got laid though.
>>
>>38447601
Definitely not sad, it feels like a very empty cynicism. Like of course this is my life but I'm not depressed. Probably closer to disappointment. I always knew this day would come for a long time. I knew when I was 25 but it feels weird when it's actually here.
>>
>>38447561
What do you do for a living, 40-san? Are you happy? Are you independent?
>>
>>38447721
I'm a garbage man, feel free to laugh.

I'm okay, not too happy, not too down. Life is pretty okay for me. I am independent as my parents are long gone.
>>
>>38447821
It's not glamorous but I've always thought garbage collecting was an underrated career.
>>
>>38447821
do you drive the truck, or are you the dude who runs along on the outside and puts the bins inside it?
>>
>>38447995
he is the guy in the truck
>>
>>38447931
Indeed. It's dirty but it pays well and you occasionally find cool stuff in the trash.

>>38447995
I drive the truck but I also help put the garbage.
>>
>>38448154
Are you unionized? Do the senior guys there make a ridiculous amount of money just for driving the shitmobile and being old?
>>
File: 1443066428894.gif (360KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1443066428894.gif
360KB, 500x375px
>>38442010
so i think i fucked up boys.
just started new job after years of neetdom
qt girl starts flirting with me. i just kind of ignore it because i dont know what to do. eventually she starts coming on stronger. sends me a bunch of lewd messages on FB. i respond lewdly. now i feel as though she is just fucking with me and is going to show everyone at work all the lewd shit i said so they can laugh at me.

its either that or i've been a closet chad all these years. which isnt likely.
>>
>>38448194
Yep. Also yeah, some of us make a lot of money just out of sheer seniority. I personally do very well but not as high as some of other guys who've been in the game for like 10+ years. I know a guy that has a nice house and supports a wife and 3 kids with his earnings and still seems to have money to spare. Those are the best case scenario cases though, the average garbage man makes a modest salary in the beginning.
>>
>>38448305
Do u de facto work for the marfia?
>>
File: 1427370801054.jpg (14KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
1427370801054.jpg
14KB, 340x255px
>>38448305
>been driving a forklift for years
>just now found out i could be making more driving a garbage truck
>>
>>38448357
Forklifts are nig-tier, though. There's virtually no skill driving a forklift. Not that garbage trucks are the Space Shuttle, but a forklift is basically just a pallet jack with a button.
>t. drive forklifts all the time
>>
File: 1472170007441.jpg (48KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472170007441.jpg
48KB, 650x450px
>>38442604
my retail job is so dead end im convinced they want me to just stop showing up instead of having to fire me

honestly i should have a while ago but i really dont like job hunting
>>
27 in two days
>>
>>38448222

....original Andrew?
>>
I'm going back to college at 28. Not too worried about looking old, because I still get ID'd, but I originally went to college 8 years ago and still don't have a degree. Should have stuck with trades. Fuck.
>>
File: 3701538_orig.jpg (190KB, 952x485px) Image search: [Google]
3701538_orig.jpg
190KB, 952x485px
>25
>could be getting into ATC and flight ops soon
>thinking of joining the mil

could be a lot worse I guess
>>
>>38444198
do you have Aurora Borealis localized in your kitchen?
>>
File: 1488241137153.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488241137153.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>tfw intial interview
>autism kicks in
>literally choked and stuttered from beginning to end

It's over for me.
>>
>>38449677
also, I guess I could answer question anyone has about getting into the aviation industry, there's a lot of money to be made here
>>
>>38449809

at least you didn't shit your pants and/or vomit on the table
>>
File: 1478386848945.png (217KB, 329x461px) Image search: [Google]
1478386848945.png
217KB, 329x461px
>>38449809
Op here.
Just wow. He gave me a chance, I did passed the initial interview. Now, I'm waiting for the result of my exam.

God is not dead, lads.
>>
>have capacities to succeed in uni with hard work and good health
>be mentally destroyed because of abuse
>cope by not interacting 'in the moment' at all, experience everything in a disconnected internalized phantasm which represents the events occurring in reality.
>I can not be harmed by external forces here, this is the only way.
>after this has served it's purpose it becomes a detriment that prevents me from being even slightly functional.
>have so much stock in this disconnected phantasm that there is no point in just abandoning it, I have nothing outside of it, this is where I am all powerful, invulnerable and my thoughts and being is fully safe and under my control alone.
>it maintains itself by undermining every real life interaction and insists on remaining disconnected.
>My torments manifest within and terrorize my every word and deed, all must be perfect or it must be tormented until it is either perfect or destroyed.
>psychologists and psychiatrist would have me just walk away from this, pay no heed to it and just be in the moment all the time
>my entire life has been putting more stock into this disconnected world.

Type A memes are a hell of a ride.
Be glad if your dysfunction can be negotiated with. I am struggling and getting nowhere and time is running out to turn it around, I fear that after a certain point this behavioral pattern has simply eroded the same pathways for so long the equivalent of a behavioral canyon is formed and your impulses will flow through its path no matter what.
>>
>>38447623
Whoa, your parents are loaded, I've never met once a person who did that even though I saw it in movies.
>>
File: just.jpg (8KB, 243x235px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
8KB, 243x235px
>>38442010
>tfw 27 and failed my CDL test for the 3rd time and I have to take all the written endorsement tests again
at least they didn't rubber stamp you through like they did with me.
Got sent home from Schneider because I didn't know how to shift and got super nervous.
Eventually got hired driving a dump truck, but the job was awful, and they put me in an automatic, so not really what I needed.

Friend is helping me out now, got a job with Gardner, real good oppurtunity with someone with no experiance picking up cardboard behind walmarts, local job, home every night.
I'm really trying not to fuck it up, today the boss gave me a road test. I did alright, but I stalled out the truck 3 times at a stop sign on a slight incline.
I'm trying lads, pray for me.

I hope everything works out for you OP, if you got to repeat it, so be it, but don't leave that school without knowing your shit, or you'll look like a retard everywhere you go.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.