[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone addicted to coffee? How to stop?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hmM6meEh3f-6.png (19KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
hmM6meEh3f-6.png
19KB, 300x250px
I will sit around and drink 3 pots of coffee a day.
I've dealt with addictions before, including alcoholism and whacking it. The latter is still a problem but I've thankfully solved the former.

But with coffee it's just so difficult because the negative effects of it are so subtle, those namely being time wastement.
Everyone likes to have coffee while "doing" something comfy, like reading or vidya or shit posting.
So eventually coffee gets associated with those things in your mind, and now it's not just the coffee for coffee's sake that you're addicted to, it's coffee as representation of the good.

And so then I will brew pot after pot and shit post for like 14 hours a day. How to stop?
>>
>>38441079
Just put pictures all over your coffee machine of gore or some shit, and desociate your brain,
Idk
>>
>>38441079
its difficult to believe you drink 3 pots... do you mean cups?

start to mix in decaf.

90% reg 10 % decaf

next week and a half
85% reg 15% decaf

next week and half
80% reg 20% decaf... and so on
>>
>>38441079
Just give in, most people these days need coffee to function. Trust me from my multiple quitting attempts that caffeine withdrawl is a bitch and seemingly impossible to recover from without permanently impacting your energy levels. Coffee is honestly not that unhealthy anyway. At least it's not energy drinks or soda you're hooked on. If anything, you just need some serious portion control. Forget the coffee pot and do what I do, just buy one can or cup from somewhere and say that's all you're gonna drink in one day.
>>
>>38441610

No I legit mean pots.

It isn't the caffeine that I like it's just the general aroma and taste.
I usually don't make the pots that strong because I want to be able to keep drinking them longer.
That's the whole problem, I will waste entire days doing nothing but drinking coffee. It's more a time management issue than it is a caffeine issue.

It's just difficult because I can't do anything for JUST an hour. I say "well I'll shit post for an hour and then start my day. But this sure would be better with a cup of coffee...."
14 hours later still shit posting
>>
>>38441079
>3 pots
Surprised you're still alive.
There are two ways:
>tapering
>quit cold turkey
I suggest you taper. Drink less, make your coffee less strong, mix in something else without caffeine. Could probably quit in a month.
>>
>>38441079
You aren't addicted to coffee
>>
>>38441757
>Surprised you're still alive

Why? Is coffee really that bad for you?
>>
>>38441761

To what am I addicted
>>
>>38441079
I just drink one cup of coffee a day in the morning, and usually just chug it down.
Just do that as well.
>>
>>38441805
Making threads about yourself on /r9k/ for attention
>>
>>38441848

Well I thought about making the thread about just coffee addiction in the ontological abstracted sense in order to avoid triggering thread derailing memethought faggots but it turns out that you need a subject to experience the coffee and whoa, turns out I'm the most convenient subject I know!
>>
Yeah, I'm kinda dependent on caffeine too. I love drinking 3-4 espressi in a row. It's not unhealthy afaik, so I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>38441079

>drink so much I now have to have it on a morning to get to a state of alertness i used to have before drinking it
>the main pulling force for me to get out of bed is the thought of sweet, comforting, fragrant coffee and a puff on my vape pen
>>
>>38441079
>drinking coffee
Just fucking take caffeine pills you normie scumfuck nigger
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.