[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creativity/writing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 27

File: 1500266177254.jpg (233KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500266177254.jpg
233KB, 1024x1024px
Have you guys ever created anything? Like wrote any stories or a novel? Post your content if you have.

Ive written a couple shorts stories in the past but deleted them all because they were too cringe-worthy.
>>
Quests on /qst/ but that's about it. It's fun though.
>>
>>38436921

"Cringe" is a social concept. Are you afraid of our judgment?
>>
>>38436942
I'm a pussy, so i'm afraid of any judgement. Plus the short stories were really bad.
>>
I'm big into that shit right now. Don't delete your short stories, rewrite them. You gotta rewrite and edit something quite a few times before its worth.
>>
File: 1489097392562.jpg (35KB, 587x378px) Image search: [Google]
1489097392562.jpg
35KB, 587x378px
Back in 2014, I was creating a webcomic with a friend. We were going to upload it to her DeviantArt. I was doing the story and the dialogue and my friend handled all the art.

It was a "mobster" comic about the camorra (naples mafia) in Italy, except all the characters were portrayed as chibi anthropomorphic animals. Besides the anthropomorphized animals as characters, the story was supposed to be really realistic, and involved many real life-events such as the Scampia war in 2004 and the kidnapping and torture/murder of Gelsomina Verde in that same year.

all the way the characters were killed/interacted were taken from a bunch of news excerpts and articles on the subject that I compiled over several months, so all the events were as realistic as possible, plus after every chapter there was an explanation on the history of Italy or it's politics, or techniques the police use to combat organized crime.

we never finsihed it, though. we got literally halfway through the story, but my friend got a BF, and he doesn't want her hanging out with me (we would stay up late at each other's houses working on the webcomic) so unfortunately it never got finished or uploaded.
>>
>one night at 3AM I got this idea for a fantasy story. wrote this stuff and haven't worked on it since

On a somber autumn evening, the gales howl their eery songs, and sway the trees gently as the sparse leaves fall and trickle to the ground. If you look to the west you can see it; Castle Drathum. A dominating structure that permeates the horizon with its majesty.
At a cliff's edge, the sillouhete is all but daunting. You can make out the basic shape of the walls, and the domineering tower in the middle, the part most easily seen. In the dusk it is hard to make out the fine details.
But if you were to approach it you would see the tattered, dilapidating walls, rife with cracks and nooks, where ravens often nest.
You would see the corpses along those walls, in the courtyards, in the spacious rooms throughout the complex.
Most of them soldiers, their armor still donned, but the only thing they fight now is their decomposition, relinquishing their rotting flesh to the wind, and the ravens.

In the middle of Drathum, surrounded by the myriad of couryards each seperated by walls in a giant oval shape lies the Tower. Bodies hang out of windows, and ginormous holes and cracks speck its walls. It's so tall, even a dragon would be hard pressed to match its size.
From the base of the tower, room by room, the stench of death pierces the nostrils and serves as a reminder for ones own impending demise. Room by room, floor by floor, the stench lingers from the bodies found on each.
At the top of the tower, once you ascend from the previous room, there lies a sort of chamber; two large wooden doors with torches lighting both of stand closed, looking as though they haven't been opened for millenia. Dirt, specks of dried blood, dust, all cling to the door as one clings to life, with ferocious tenacity.
>>
File: 1431844894226.png (128KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1431844894226.png
128KB, 1000x1000px
>>38436921
I think of myself as a creative person. I've created various things, mostly for my close circle of friends though.

like a short movie in flash about highschool, in which one of my classmates gets a giant sword and is chosen to kill all the teachers and some of the students when reuniting with "bad hitler".. it's got an interesting plot to say the least.

recently I made a whole card game together with a friends of mine, well a variation of munchkin based off memes from highschool me and my friends play while drinking. I drew over 150 cards for it while he wrote the text and balanced out the cards and gameplay.

then of course I modded the child toy looping louie into an awesome drinking game robot using my old lego mindstorms kit. I programmed it myself in robotC to go at various random speeds and in reverse and spout some political incorrect phrases when changing modes.

Sometimes I write crappy rap about my friends or about our life too, but since I'm not too good at rapping I won't share those I think, it's also all in swiss german and you wouldn't understand a word.

I recently also dived into trying to make electronic music, but I still suck at it. Also bought myself an electronic wind instrument (ewi) and tried to get better at it, but still not too good at it.

As far as writing goes, I wrote down my first psychotic episode in form of a 50 page short novel, but it's way too personal to share on the internet, also not too well written, also in german, so I won't share.
>>
>>38437174
>adjectives the novel
>>
File: 1468061082393.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1468061082393.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>38437244
>being descriptive is bad

Stick to your comic books pleb
>>
>>38437270
>he cant handle constructive criticism
>>
a poem I wrote from a distant time
What is worse than absence?
When you've no life to live
Nothing to give
Everything drifts past you

What is worse than loneliness?
When you've no smiles to give
For love is dim
Tears dribble for nothing

What is worse than emptiness?
When you know words are
Full of nothing
And they expect me
To know their meaning
>>
I wrote an entire play to insult my ex. It's about a man who's stuck at LaGuardia airport as his flight is indefinitely delayed and he keeps meeting the same people over and over who are getting on nonexistent flights that never leave. It's a bit like No Exit by Sarte but comedic. To repeat though it's mainly about ripping on my ex and New York in general there's a ton of backhanded insults. Don't have any bits of it, I wrote it all on physical paper.
>>
I started writing a distopian sci-fi a couple of months ago but my motivation fizzled out and i stoped. Might carry on some day

The light reflecting off the pools of murky dirt bacteria infected slime are grey and shinning rainbow colored paterns of oil covering the top with thinn layers of toxic waste. Smoke and smog, mixed in with what appears to be rain clouds that don't do anything but lurk above the ground and the mud and wait, for the gloom to lift and spirits rise before ripping apart in a downfall of watered down coal and dirt and grit. It can be tasted on the tip of tounges as it bounces off the earth. Salty. Like it has jumped a couple of steps in the weather cicle and the sea has arrived at the city in a fucked up doomsday experience, the cement towered bloxks engolfed by the inmensity of ocean, corroding away what is left of the shit stinking putrefacting air-born sewer.
On the river there are chunks of melted plastic, carcases of various specimens and runnaway barrels of plutonium that drag along at the botton, unseen by the junkies and the meatheads who take their first wash of the week in a baptism of radioactive death. Soon they will develope bat wings and fly above the city at night and scream, hunting cats and dogs and children left behind on the rooftops of the lower slums. But don't mind them, the day is almost over in their summer fly lives...Ten miles away, on the other side of the city the game has yet to start for one unespecting waste life third class capitol slave. Between the clone factories and the waste dumps. Hidden amongst the titanic towering rebel offices,
>>
>>38437564
lie the streets that are dark and haunted with early risers and never ending sleepers that walk towards the tube trains and towards nowhere and dying in the porches, wisps of smoking crack crawling in their lungs and rotting away the white shinning porcelain teeth in the mouths.. The stage is set. It is tuesday may the 17th 2095, time is 0627. The city is 800 days old and it has eighty days before it crumbles away into the wind with a tumbling dance of sorrow, regret and half forgotten night terrors. Oh the shame, oh the joy, oh the endless tears. Now, begin.
It is early in the morning. The noise is starting to drift and bounce from house to wall to ear pearced head ache, fucked into oblivion from 10 pm to 3 am by cheep 50 proof booze. Bleach that eats away at vocal cords until at 6 and a half hours of the day nothing comes out but a whisper. Outside footsteps are walking. Little sounds of rats crawling along the ventilator shafts that do nothing but carve tunnels for rodents and mice and verming and snakes in the fucking cealing. Who doesn't hate snakes.
No cockroaches. You just know something is going on when those little fucks aren't crawling around shitting in the fridge and turning brie de meaux into swiss cheese.
>>
>>38437366
Not that anon but I was wondering about the whole adjectives thing myself.
Some people say to use many, some people say to refrain from using adjectives if possible. And I came to the conclusion to just fuck that and write in the style you enjoy to read.
>>
>>38437733
>And I came to the conclusion to just fuck that and write in the style you enjoy to read.
better late than never, anon
although you have to know the rules before you can break them
>>
>>38436921
I tried writing a book about a thief living in a steampunk city where the rich control the dirt poor. Plot was an organization commuting murders on rich people and the thief finds out about a secret rebellion stirring underground. Didn't write much after that because I cringed after proof reading it
>>
I'm a drawfag if that counts.
>>
>>38437564
this is pretty goddamn awful if I'm being honest, anon
it's like a homeless person rambling at the bus stop
>>
>>38436921
I never have and never tried. My mind is swarming with creative ideas that will never come to fruition since I don't even have the willpower to get out of bed in the morning.
>>
File: 1500245205728.gif (913KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500245205728.gif
913KB, 500x500px
Ive said in previews threads(so sorry for copy paste again), Ive written +100 short stories, 20 film scrypts, +50 songs, 7 novels, etc. but I cant publish my work here since Im planning to selled it someday and must of publishers does not buy already published work on the internet, you guys should know about intelectual rights law

but I can give usefull critics since Im a bookworm and filmfaggot who already worked on profesional films, I got tips about how to start producing your own work and what kind of steps you must take, etc. if anybody is interested, I also have contacts to share but im not murican so I guess they are useless for must of you

>>38437511
this one is interesting, it also reminds to the Exterminating Angel by Bunuel, love surrealism and experimental plays/films, it doesnt matter if you took inspiration(the concept infinite, city satire, repetition) a lot of plays and books part from a similar plot but can be differents
>>
>>38438005

>he likes /lit/ that is easy to read
pleb. Don't tell me you're a fan of YA
too
>>
I wrote a long story about some dogs tat go looking for aliens in the woods but I lost it when my computer died. Otherwise I just write stuff for literotica.com.
>>
File: empty wojak.jpg (23KB, 323x362px) Image search: [Google]
empty wojak.jpg
23KB, 323x362px
>>38436921
I used to be extremely creative and imaginative up until my early teens, then depression, anxieties and other mental fuckages kicked in and left me a dull mental cripple. I've been trying to getting back into drawing, world building, story writing and songwriting but it just wouldn't work. I've been trying to write a song for the last year or so. What I have so far is literally nothing, even though I pick up my guitar and my MIDI keyboard every day. There's no more creative energy left in my brain; it feels like it's all infinite noise in there.
>>
>>38438191
>type up schizophrenic word salad full of misspellings, most sentences aren't even grammatically sentences
>"well if you don't like reading it you're just a pleb"
you better be baiting, or you're a real shithead
>>
>>38438478
>most sentences aren't even grammatically sentences
For example. I can't help the spelling because i'm writting from a shitty phone but i guess that's really important to you. Hmmm
>>
>>38436921
I'm a professional photographer. I take pictures of landscapes and wildlife out in the middle of nowhere and sell them on Adobe Stock so I never have to deal with people face to face.
>>
For 2015 I wrote something for NaNoWriMo. No real plan. But I just wanted to see if I could hit the 50k words. I did. I wasn't finished with the story for a long shot but I wasn't that into it to continue after.
>>
>>38438847
Sounds neat. What did you end up writing about? Have you ever thought of continuing after that, just for the hell of it?
>>
>tfw want to write a book but too anxious about what people are gonna think of it and, by extension, me
>>
File: eb6.png (272KB, 600x694px) Image search: [Google]
eb6.png
272KB, 600x694px
>>38436921
Not writing but I "make" music. I play guitar and bass but all my output comes from fucking around with synths.
Last thing I made was done fucking around with microtonal settings in FM8.
https://clyp.it/j1g4g4ha

I wish I could make actual tracks
>>
>>38438847
what kind of story? and also, whats the point of nano?do they publish you or anything?
>>
>>38438906
a book about what? let me judge you so you can feel better
>>
>>38438695
>i guess that's really important to you
>grammar in a piece of writing
hm yeah how odd that anyone would care about that
>>
>>38438903
I wrote about a far future world, essentially post apocalyptic but by this point they've way recovered from said apocalypse and civilisation is prospering again. (Sort of, they're restricted to their own country and have no idea about the rest of the world, with the exception of France.)

It takes place in Great Britain, now called Britannia. This includes Ireland/Northern Ireland also just called Britannia now.

Basically a catastrophic event drove many civilians into an underground society. I didn't decide on the event but I was thinking probably some sort of viral weapon. However a rebellion against their robotic servants drove them back onto the surface to live their lives.

Fast forward hundreds of years. Society's elite live to the south (Ancestors of those who lived on the surface their whole lives, who created these new settlements and protected the surfacers from apocalyptic danger) and society's lower class live in the north (ancestors of those who lived underground who sought refuge on the surface)

The underground society at this point is completely abandoned, over ruled by the malfunctioning robots, now called called Mechs, and the underground society is now called either the network or the tunnels.

Tunnellers are those who brave the tunnels, either to purge the mechs for protection in case stragglers come to the surface, or to salvage technology to sell, which is what they do the majority of the time.

The protagonist is a kid who has a borderline autistic obsession with hoverboards, with a dream to be a hoverboard racer. His father is a retired Tunneller. He retired due to injury. However, his father is recruited for one last mission. The most heavily guarded and locked Tunnel in the whole country is suddenly sending out a distress signal, and the doors to it at opening, ripe for picking.

So he and his dad are dragged along and I kinda winged it from there.

I don't think I'll continue it. I had no plan for it at all and just winged it.
>>
>>38438950
See >>38439333

The point of NaNo is to show you're just being a lazy fuck basically. You have to write 50k words in 30 days. That's around 90 - 100 pages. So a good chunk into a novel, or enough to complete a short story.

Their whole idea is that what stops the majority of novels from either getting far or finishing is that people edit while they go, instead of just finishing their damn novel and editing it from there. The first draft is super important its it's basically your plan. It's never meant to be your finished novel. What it's meant to be is your guide so that you know exactly where the narrative is heading.

So they attempt to stop you from editing as you go by challenging you to pump out 50k words in a month, and it works. Tons of people have ended up finishing and yes, they've gotten published.

NaNo themselves aren't publishers, but they have a forum section dedicated to publishing and January is their "aftermath" month dedicated to editing and finishing your novel and finding a publisher.
>>
>>38439135
Your critique is kinda empty if that's all you have to say tho. One thing is saying "that was a shitty read because it was full of grammatical errors" and another "your prose is bad because it's full of grammatical errors".
>>
File: 1473871057921.jpg (27KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
1473871057921.jpg
27KB, 362x362px
>>38436921
Oh god I just remembered a story I wrote for English class when I was 17

>teacher decides to talk about taboos - incest, murder, cannibalism, homosexuality etc.
>wants us to write a story based on those topics, and it was to be named "my dark secret" or some shit like that
>decide to be edgy, thinking everyone else will be too
>write a story about a guy with a vegetable of a little brother
>as the story progresses you find out the guy molested his shota brother constantly and at one point the kid tries to tell someone
>older brother proceeds to smash his head in, puts him in a coma. Manages to blame it successfully on something else
>little brother awakens from coma but is basically retarded
>main character acts like an altruistic brother and volunteers to be his caregiver
>continues to sexually abuse him

The teacher gave me top marks and said I wrote the best depiction of a psychopath she ever saw from a student. Too bad she decided to read it out to the whole class and then had other teachers read it to other classes. Everyone looked at me like I'm insane. Most embarrassing day at school for sure.
>>
I write songs here's my most recent one

https://youtu.be/UFYGRQ1R7LA
>>
>>38438152
Thanks. I really would like to get into playwriting and producing but I have almost no social skills and I live in Milwaukee.
>>
I feel like im a creative person but i dont know what to do with that, what should i do?
>>
>>38439629
Critisizing a piece of writing due to its shitty grammar isn't empty at all. Maybe your writing wouldnt be such shit if you learned how to take constructive criticism properly.

Not even the anon you're replying to. Just another anon who thinks that was pretty bad.
>>
File: 1476888388704.jpg (287KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1476888388704.jpg
287KB, 1366x768px
I wrote a sifi frontier story about a guy that kinda is a pioneer on a new planet, he later buys robots for him to mine for him and later on he meets a hippie "nature" gf on diffrent planet wich slowly adoptes his way of life because its better than that what she knows, and its kinda like robinson crusoe and ( robot is friday) but he wants to be on a low population plante to make money and claime land.
a lot of people liked my story but i can never sell it, my grammar is so bad even in my mother tongue
>>
File: giraffe reticulated.jpg (101KB, 850x665px) Image search: [Google]
giraffe reticulated.jpg
101KB, 850x665px
>>38436921
Don't really feel like being outed as a normie bringing /r9k/ shit into real life, but I was thinking of writing a script for a movie based off chicken tendies greentexts.
There would be three points of views.
>NEET/son
In his point of view, he'd be played by a handsome actor. Only scenes in his POV would be his room, which would be a mix of a penthouse and an average NEET room. Piss bottles would be orderly, pics of him on grand vacations with body pillows, expensive computer and maybe funky porn music along with a 70s aesthetic.
>mummy
POV would be the rest of the house. Her scenes are in black and white, with the NEET appearing as a giant black shadow with a demonic voice. Would be classic horror based, with her scenes being a mix between suspense as she fears for her son coming and ultra violence with the son. Might even include a rape scene in.
>cop
Shortest scene and at the end of the movie.Would be played outside and through a body cam on the cop. Would show the NEET as an average NEET in the scene and would be the most realistic
>>
File: Script Where You Came From-1.jpg (963KB, 1700x5640px) Image search: [Google]
Script Where You Came From-1.jpg
963KB, 1700x5640px
I write sketches and short films.
My dream is to start a sketch comedy group and put on a live performance.
I'm trying to get into stand-up comedy as well. There's a place nearby that's started having open mic comedy nights and there is a reasonable live comedy scene around what with all the pubs and everything so I'm just working on material and practicing until I'm ready to perform at an open mic for the first time.
>>
>>38438906
You'll always have critics of it though. It's inevitable. Not everyone will like it.
>>
I have written starts for a lot of books but never get beyond the first three chapters. The only one that is an exception is a generic dystopian sci-fi novel with chunnibyou-style fighting. I have twelve chapters for that done but will never publish it because it is too derivative of too many things.
>>
>>38436921
I wrote a really bad mlp fanfic on fanfiction.com
I never wrote a 2nd chapter and i hate myself for ever writing it.

Im not bad at drawing though.
>>
>>38436921
I've written two academic papers on statistical data analysis but didn't submit them for publishing because my work isn't that good.
>>
>>38440650
Link to the mlp story?

I wont bully i promise.
>>
>>38437174
> Dirt, specks of dried blood, dust, all cling to the door as one clings to life, with ferocious tenacity.

So a speck of dust is clinging to a door with ferocious tenacity?
>>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12113497/1/Strongest-Bosmer
>>
>>38436921
I wrote few "plays" and several "design documents" for games.

Right now maintain few fictional universes in my head, don't write them down because they are constantly changing.
>>
>>38437564
You should edit severely anon, kill your darlings.
>>
I write songs. Most of them are in Spanish, though a bunch in English.
I'd share but its pretty pointless without the music.
>>
I'm fucking pissed for not having any creativity or imagination. I've been playing guitar for almost 10 years and can't make anything original by myself.
>>
>>38440696
I dont have a link but the story was called
4 friends vs equestria
Its about people i knew at school that i pretended were my friends in the story, and its so poorly written goddamnit i want to die.
The worst part is people at my school found it and made a meme of it.
Luckily they never found out it was me
>>
>>38440915
Were the people really your friends irl?
>>
I make a wrestling show using wrestling games and post it online for the community I'm in to watch. Mine is especially overdramatic.
>>
File: 1350857738426.png (126KB, 908x680px) Image search: [Google]
1350857738426.png
126KB, 908x680px
Please don't let this comfy thread die. I would post something myself for you guys to read or look at, but I have literally nothing i could post.
>>
File: imam-san.jpg (30KB, 426x478px) Image search: [Google]
imam-san.jpg
30KB, 426x478px
>>38436921
I created imam-san.
>>
>>38437485
Pretty slick. I'd say keep it around
>>
Here are the first two story of my three part novella, which is still missing a third story. It's been that way for a year or two, I think, and I have absolutely no idea what to write next to end it all.

https://pastebin.com/4HYRU6QU
>>
>>38437485
Wow anon you're an absolute faggot.
>>
I once made a YTP.
>>
>>38441253
A long time ago
(Oh nooooo, not meeeee i never looost controoool)
But yes they were
>>
I have some ideas for short stories. Wrote one meme short story that I kind of like. But I am too talentless to translate any of my ideas to an actual story
>>
File: 1494619530198.jpg (66KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
1494619530198.jpg
66KB, 980x980px
>>38436921
I write songs. I'm writing my bands debut album right now, I have been for a few months. I haven't recorded any of that though, but I have some older songs

https://clyp.it/1vqeafia
https://clyp.it/gdfwqnzs

I used to be an writefag on /co/ but there's no way I'm posting any of those stories

>>38438933
I like it anon. You ever post in /prod/?
>>
>>38436921
I wrote a poem in German that my well travelled great aunt thought was Schiller oder Brecht.
Die angefochtene Gesellschaft
umstritten Gepflogenheiten die bestritten Gesellschaft

Kommt der Nachtschatten bald her
Die Anstalten zulaessig immer mehr
Was ausser Waffen begrenzt die Vorrechte?Finsternis stuerzt ja frueh die Maechte

Da die oben wollen zum persoenlichen Bedarf
alle Land wird fuer gesicherte Nutzungen neu entwarf
Bequem in ihren Haenden macht mir ungemuetlich
Lieber Spatzen und Tauben jedermann zugaenglich

Wir sind nur Lilien im Realitaet
Bloss die Daemme brueten Exklusivitaet
Haben wir schon solche System gemachten
die nicht unvermeidbare Kapazitaet beachten?

Die kahle Landschaefte wird noch gebrannt
bis wir Nachteile des Fortschritts anerkannt
Ich wuerde eher fruehzeitiger sterben
als diese durchgedreht Schoepfung werben

Gluecklicherweise kommen Nachtschatten herDie Anstalten wird unzulaessig immer mehr
Einverstaendnis verloren so wie die Vorrechte
Finsternis stuerzt ja frueh die veredelt Maechte!

Contested Conventions the controverted society

The nightshade comes, soon to be realized.
The institutions legitimized evermore
what but guns limit liberty?
darkness brings down those ennobled

powers that be all use for personal gain
the land, and restyle it for uses secured
comfort in their hands makes me uneasy
a bird and a bush in public domain preferred

we are just lilies in reality
only the dams breed exclusivity
have we really made a system
that heeds not inevitable limits?

the stark landscape will still burn
until the cons of progress are recognized
i would rather die untimely
than promote this out of control conception

thankfully the nightshade comes soon
the institutions evermore illegitimate
understanding's lost like the liberties
darkness shall topple the ennobled soon!
Translated for those who don't speak Nazi
>>
>>38436921
I've written five books and a collection of poetry when I was younger. Some of the poetry is published and the stress of what little attention it got me has made me never show anything to anyone else.

Two books were just for funsies in the strain of Snowcrash and the other three were a more serious sci-fi angled trilogy that starts with a newly minted government worker being paired with the person who ended WW3 with a lucky shot and in the end features mankind's flagship crashing itself into the city-wide perfect black halo of a man twisted into a mangled god.
>>
>>38436921
i used to write a lot of poems
stopped recently since being depressed as fuck

i sat in a yellow clearing watching popcorn grow

being is sitting in the sun in the afternoon
and the next morning in the snow,
listening to ice dripping on the yellow tent
after deciding to camp in the winter
dwelling over a gopher den during mating season,
(the platypuses do a beautiful circular dance
holding leaves under the females belly)
and the insufficiency to afford anything more than iced tea.

so it's okay to cut in line,
this is everyone's clearing; ground to stand from
and see the twenty-thirteen sun rise between the rocks on the horizon.
me and my family went to chaco canyon for the apocalypse too.

the ruins and low walls were churchly
like god pressed them into slots in the ground
the way they press on my temples when i sleep
how i slept with my head between my elbows in the back seat
and sweat poured down all of us all night.

it isn't acts and is doing
collecting losers collaborating on stolen door paintings
with lovers loved ones lost ones
ones i've lost, lost loves, i left
and discussed discourse on the porch.

i know the porch is a dwelling
with the off cue music from the
levitation center
to dance about your center, where all
your little diagrams intersect,
where your gravity is pulled and you orbit
so fast that all the faces you see merge into one and you are dancing
with your self, have made every person in the world
into your self, and then your empty inner vessel
becomes the clearing, your empy fertile land
and i plant millions of dazzling dandelions.
>>
I write shitty poetry sometimes

Pathways slung under ancient mogshade
Eroded by many a suitor
and to whom they hold their affections

Their efforts graced by such sweet smiles that
Might make merry the weeping willow
And make ardent argent flow'ring buds
>>
File: Getter-2.jpg (133KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Getter-2.jpg
133KB, 960x1280px
>>38436921
I did some shitty drawings of giant robots some years ago to impress this qt who was also into drawing. She ended up rejecting me way later, but it actually managed to get me over my "boohoo i can't draw so why even try" mindset. They're nothing special, but i like 'em.

Also, i wrote the first chapter of a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fanfic but thankfully i never published it anywhere and i deleted it a few years back.
>>
>>38444742
>they're nothing special
Boy, you weren't kiddin'!
>>
>>38445025
That's mean. It's not badly drawn. It's just not super detailed.

I like it. Good drawing, anon.
>>
File: clip_2017-01-17_at_02.10.32.jpg (397KB, 1024x1399px) Image search: [Google]
clip_2017-01-17_at_02.10.32.jpg
397KB, 1024x1399px
>>38443619
oh i used to paint too
i prefer doing abstract stuff though
>>
Always looking for reviews of my stuff.

King of the Hill:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9908747

Recess:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7884013

Scooby Doo:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9908609

http://archiveofourown.org/works/9908669 (Same story but futa)

Weekenders:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9499943

Hey Arnold:
>Rhonda needs money and has to work as a street walker to help her family out (Make sure to leave a review if you want to see a chapter three)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/10190687

>Rhonda and her boytoy force Phoebe into a threesome

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7838134

Resident Evil:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/7794475/chapters/24597195/

https://www.archiveofourown.org/works/7794544

Mortal Kombat:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9800783 (Futa)
>>
>>38445025
Yeah, it's basically just a regular drawing of the Getter-2 with Armageddon proportions. The proportions on the claw arm is especially fucked up

>>38445056
That said, i appreciate the compliment
>>
I make music. I show no one but it still fills some hours every day
>>
File: Reac 188.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reac 188.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>38436921
I write amateur erotic stories revolving around a combo of all of the following:

>Cuckolding
>Vore
>Cruelty
>Interracial
>Impregnation

Was gonna finish a chapter tonight, but Idk.
>>
>>38445227
>Cuckolding
>Vore
>Interracial

You have some awful taste, faggot. kys
>>
>>38437206
>electronic wind instrument
This is something that seems obvious that it would exist but at the same idea I had no clue that it did.

You seem like a cool dude, anon
>>
I've written two novellas and published one. I've also written many short stories and scripts for short films. I keep writing episodes for a TV show I want to create. Not that it will ever go anywhere.
>>
File: comment.jpg (47KB, 1097x110px) Image search: [Google]
comment.jpg
47KB, 1097x110px
I write shipping fanfiction. I've had people tell me they think my stuff is the bees knees, but I mostly write it because I write pairings where I relate to the guy and like the girl because I'm a wizard in training.
>>
>>38445697
I also wrote a 45 page essay on superhero films for a uni film class. Got an A on it, too.
>>
I wrote a bunch of stuff including a novel I was proud of in about 4 months then half-quit because I hated editing.
Got super anxious about marketing, trying to publish, writing more stories, and editing. Eventually I gave up because I would get upset about everything I was doing wrong instead of that I was doing it at all. Mind's a mess.
It's too much hard work for no reward. I used to read from goinswriter and other sites like that about how to 'make it' as a writer but I can't stand looking at the stuff anymore, or anything I've written.
I still journal, and I have a story about loli clones and world domination I want to make for fun but I can't possibly let myself have fun.
I think the weirdest stuff I did was the only fanfic I ever wrote about hypnotizing a loli anime character into believing they were the MC's sister and a mind control fate/stay night ripoff CHYOA that was extremely difficult to keep up with. I'm surprised I wrote so much in 3 days, haven't touched it since but both are still published online along with all my other work.
Except the 100+ poems.
>>
File: tale-of-tales.jpg (265KB, 1280x771px) Image search: [Google]
tale-of-tales.jpg
265KB, 1280x771px
I'm rewriting my old story. What I wanted it to be changed too much for the past work to satisfy me.
I'm 60 pages in. Not much has happened. It's still in the happier part of it.
I write it for myself just so I can have something that never ends. Well, it'll end when I end, but then it won't be a worry for me.
>>
I write. I'm working on a novel and a television pilot now. Got a couple features I need to write. I'm taking a break to write a short story about bunnies to mix it up, then back to my television pilot. Last month I finished up a Batman/Death Note script I did to learn television script format. Was fun. H
>>
File: file.png (33KB, 1803x282px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
33KB, 1803x282px
>>38445109
>click first link

um. what the fuck
>>
yeah i wrote a shitty short book called plinthmouth the skullcrusher. its only saving grace is i had a friend do the cover and he's a great artist

>>38445227
good

>>38445079
i'm not poetry but i love your painting, and i get off on any use of the word "thicket"
>>
>>38446107
>60 pages

I'd consider that a novella
>>
>>38445254
To each his own.

>>38446261
Thank you. I call it "Cuckvore".
>>
>>38446523
"My Bull's Meal"
>>
>>38446261
>i'm not poetry but i love your painting, and i get off on any use of the word "thicket"
thank you
>>
File: wolf.jpg (337KB, 727x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
337KB, 727x1024px
>>38446401

My old story was a few hundred pages, at least. I haven't a head for numbers, so I don't remember after only a couple of months.
I've also started planning a book with a friend.
>>
File: Reac 182.png (419KB, 513x557px) Image search: [Google]
Reac 182.png
419KB, 513x557px
>>38446597
Oh cool. Where's that at? Mine's on giantessworld.net.

Mine have the female eat the male, here's a description:

"On the planet Avalonia, small men compete with each other for the favor of giantess women. The winner gets to mate. The loser(s) get turned into nutrients to produce the winner's offspring. This cruelty is necessary for the survival of the humanoid Avalonians. May the fittest survive."
>>
>>38438973
Sorry for the late reply was asleep

I wanna write a book about being a depressed and socially anxious NEET and him attempting to get his life in check. First half of the book would mostly be him reminiscing about the past and feeling nostalgic while he just NEETs it up until his only friend (who is also a depressed NEET) kills himself, which, among mamy other things, makes the main charecters kick his ass into gear and start trying to get out of the rutt he's in. All with a good portion of comedy mixed in. I've thought about alot of specific charecters and scenarios but that's the basic idea of it.

I'm sure it would probably appeal to certain people, especially on this board, but I don't think most people people would like it. I can see most of the criticisms people would have, they'd consider the main character "whiny" and say that he needs to just get over it. My biggest fear would be the MCs friend who's a huge misogynist and a MGTOW, and we all know how that would go because every character must be a good person and they must respect women unless they are an antagonist. Also can't imagine that alot of people would find a story about a guy sitting in his room and reminiscing about his past for half the book too interesting.
>>
>>38446261
>plinthmouth the skullcrusher
>opening line, "The road was frosted with burning ejaculate."
That made me smile.
>>
Had an idea pop into my head a while back for a story. It was about a runaway loner NEET who had become a drug dealer in Tokyo for small time Yakuza with a "new millennium's resolution" to make friends and break out of his loneliness set in 1999 during the weeks leading into the new millennium. The dealer meets several people through his trade and eventually earns regular customers. He tries to make friends but nobody likes him though because he's hard to get along with and is misunderstood due to his social ineptness and also because he's obviously a baka gaijin and all that. He eventually figures out that a few of his buyers are addicts and uses their addiction to keep them around. The buyers are an attractive female who is in denial of her addiction, a video game obsessed salary who suffers from depression and has been devastated by the post boom Japanese economy decline, a mysterious rugged dock worker who's street and drug savvy and has a wide knowledge of vehicles and owns an sick drift tuned RX7, and an extreme sports, hyper active, punk rocker type of guy. NEET earns himself this group of "friends" that he drags around through Tokyo in an attempt to show them a fun time and hopefully grow their relationships with him. Things don't go according to plan when everyone ignores NEET and most of his attempts to get to know them better and is instead faced with requests for more drugs. NEET becomes increasingly clingy and frustrated as his plan to make friends falls apart and the group's condition worsens due to their use of the drug. NEET decides he must break the most important rule and comes to the conclusion that in order to make friends with these people he must change who he is, a woeful decision as he also breaks another rule, never get high on your own supply. He takes his own drugs and the night becomes a hazy blur. NEET wakes up on the side of the road next to a wrecked overturned RX7 a dead girl and his Yakuza contacts cleaning up the scene. FUCk LIMiT
>>
File: 1415508623283.jpg (66KB, 630x469px) Image search: [Google]
1415508623283.jpg
66KB, 630x469px
>>38447024
ty for even reading the opening line you are my hero
>>
>>38447137
i'd watch this anime i miss initial d
>>
>>38446999
Allow me to rebut your criticisms of your own idea. I'm stealing it by the way.
>they'd consider the main character "whiny" and say that he needs to just get over it
If you fuck it up. I read about a neurosurgeon who was dealing with a terminal illness, if you want to deal with emotional pain you can't approach it normally in the writing, you have to suggest things and let the reader decide if it's good or bad. "Whiny" characters exist because the author didn't sell the bad situations well enough, which you need to do with suggesting through emotional events with your writing. Then you have to trust it worked. If it didn't, then the novel will get a 'eh didn't work for me' not a 'this character was whiny'.
>every character must be a good person and they must respect women unless they are an antagonist
No, you've got to sell the idea of misogyny. They way you do it is you don't make it about the culture or the conclusions involved in the Migtowing redpilling etc. but how that character got there. His mom yelled at him and threw shit, the first girl he liked teased him, etc. You show he's "living in the past" so the audience can pity him so his beliefs are understandable given his situation.
>can't imagine that alot of people would find a story about a guy sitting in his room interesting
Yeah, if you make it shit. This is why flashbacks exist, you use narrative techniques like switching his perspective and what he thinks about it now to what he thinks about it then. You get creative, maybe he imagines himself floating around his younger self's shoulder telling him that he fucked up here and such.
>>
>>38437174
Hey I actually liked that
Anymore ?
>>
>>38436921
I have a lot of interesting, red pill type ideas, that really just amount to delusional conspiracy theories. If I wanted to I could probably write clickbait articles the equivalent of sasquatch tabloids.
>>
Do you think Trump is going insane because trying to be the greatest man in a country means being able to admit you're not greater than someone?
>>
Been thinking about writing a fantasy story for years now. Always liked writing for class in elementary school. Probably gonna do it in a few years from now.
>>
>>38447137
>>38447180
Yeah the idea was influenced by the yakuza games and initial D and a few other things. Heres the rest of what I had in mind.

NEET's Yakuza contacts are pissed at him because he used his supply without selling it and now there is a dead girl involved. Devastated NEET asks the Yakuza grunts to simply off him. But the men decide the punishment is not severe enough. They then give NEET an ultimatum. He must go and collect an amount of money equal to the worth of the drugs he used up and he must do it before new year's eve and he must take his new "friends" with him to help. He must do this without using violence, he has to get people to trust him as a friend to give him money. If NEET fails his friends will be executed and he will not be killed but will be forbidden from living in Tokyo. To make matters worse the men receive a phone call and notify NEET with good news, the girl is alive but she will be kept by the Yakuza as an insurance policy. So it all comes down to NEET. He must prove himself a worthy friend, learn to work together with his new allies, collect the money before the new year is out, working out his social ineptitude along the way. All to save his new friends. It looks like our hero will be making more friends than he bargained for, only one problem.

He's a N99T(title of my lame story) of course.
>>
I write various things for a living. I'm a faggot, I know. It's cool mostly, but man

>tfw then only people who you actually want to talk to aren't even real.

Shit sucks
>>
>>38436921
i once made a world map for a fantasy novel freshman year. i dug it up recently and thought it would make a good setting now that i'm familiar with d&d. i'll probably write a story from that when i finish training if my group isn't a bunch of fucktards. can't post pic because phone cameras suck ass.
>>
>>38436921
Only bad mims, really bad, like the kind that comes from normie apps.
>>
>>38447194
Thanks for the advice anon

Ori gi nal
>>
>in bed
>'tomorrow I'll finally start writing, I can feel it'
>in the car
>'when I get home I'll finally start writing, I'm serious this time'
>playing a game
>'after I safe, I'll quit and really start writing'
save me
>>
I've written a novel and three novellas that I self-published on Kindle and CreateSpace.

Sure, it's self-published so it's all $2.99 vanity bullshit - but I sell 1000 or so copies a year, and get some GoodReads reviews.

I'm such a fucked up robot that I have to use a pen name. Most of my friends and colleagues have no idea I do anything this cringeworthy. I had a very traumatic experience when I was 12 involving some really bad sci-fi juvenilia that was in my bedroom desk drawer and a petite blonde girl who somehow managed to lock me out of my own room. (To this day, I don't know how she got behind me. Or why I didn't kick the door down.) I actually thank Jeff Bezos for making the Kindle platform possible - total self-service was the only way I was ever going to even consider sharing any writing with anyone.
>>
>>38443571
>a more serious sci-fi angled trilogy that starts with a newly minted government worker being paired with the person who ended WW3 with a lucky shot and in the end features mankind's flagship crashing itself into the city-wide perfect black halo of a man twisted into a mangled god.
> 8 out of 10 would read
>>
>>38447893
hahaha I write stories with close friendships and relationships that I will never experience myself with.
>>
File: 1480302284383.jpg (41KB, 307x386px) Image search: [Google]
1480302284383.jpg
41KB, 307x386px
>>38447560
Write this anon, make a light novel
Then, petition a good mangaka to make this a reality
I can already see the mid to late 90s Manga aesthetic
I like this premise too much to let you let it die
>>
File: IMG_20170206_211400.jpg (560KB, 1440x1904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170206_211400.jpg
560KB, 1440x1904px
i paint and draw a bit, i suppose. i also dabble a little in poetry and writing, but i'm a little embarrassed. i might post anyways, because it's anonymous, right? lol
pic related, one of my pieces
>>
I have some great ideas for a couple screenplays but i'm too much of a brainlet to write dialog
>>
>>38450242
I can help you. I think I'm pretty good at writing dialogue.
>>
>>38448193
Could you share what exactly the steps are to publishing a book with Kindle and what it is like?
>>
File: Bjorkcoverphoto.jpg (172KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Bjorkcoverphoto.jpg
172KB, 2000x1333px
Book Series I've Been Working On. It's basically about a dead guy having a trial to decide his fate of entering a world for the dead or being sent to it's prison. The twist is that it is set in a different galaxy, where a long line of leaders rule in a planet called Basileus which holds a population of the brightest minds and thinkers of Taro. Taro is the earth like world and Basileus' sole purpose is to guide their leaders, share innovations, etc., for their wellbeing. Then theres Mortem, a planet for the dead.
pic unrelated
>>
>>38438695
Then the phone should correct the spelling for you, you must be really fucking it up to come out with this. And that isn't his only criticism, he also called it a schizophrenic word salad that a tramp at a bus stop would come up with and that's pretty accurate. I bet you've never read a book in the last three years.
>>
>>38437564
>the junkies and the meatheads who take their first wash of the week in a baptism of radioactive death. Soon they will develope bat wings and fly above the city at night and scream, hunting cats and dogs and children left behind on the rooftops of the lower slums. But don't mind them
W E W
E
W
>>
>>38439861
So you're Mike Stokasla?
>>
>>38437733
>And I came to the conclusion to just fuck that and write in the style you enjoy to read.

Frustratingly, this doesn't help me. I enjoy reading stories with few adjectives, but it's more interesting for me to write ones that are fairly descriptive.
>>
>>38437112
That sounds like a really strange webcomic, anon. Why would you make them animals?
>>
>>38448193
>$2.99 vanity bullshit - but I sell 1000 or so copies a yea
That's pretty successful even for a traditionally published book, do you do any marketing?
>>
>>38443619
Holy shit, this is incredibly beautiful anon. I saved it to my computer so I can read it again later, hope that's ok. Got any more?
>>
>>38451728
It wasn't my choice. I wanted to write a crime fiction webcomic but I couldn't draw so I had my friend do the drawings, but she can only draw animals, not humans.

So it ended up being anthropomorphic animals.
>>
>>38436921

I've wrote a few shorts that I've interlinked to form a novel. 85k words first draft so far.
>>
I've tried. I read 50+ books a year but for some reason the second I try to put pen to paper I forget everything about how stories are written.
>>
I have many premises for stories that I find interesting, but I doubt any of them can develop into something actually worth reading. To top it off, I don't have the willpower or motivation to begin writing anything.

The only story I've put any sizeable amount of effort into is one about a guy who vowed to never give up on any pursuit in his life. However, I didn't think it through properly and it may be hard to make it believable in some respects. It also makes me cringe when I read it now for some reason so I don't think I'll continue writing it. Oh well, I only wrote a few paragraphs anyway.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.