[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't a moment of embarrassment worth it for great friendship?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: YouFagsWontTakeThisAdvice.png (118KB, 480x636px) Image search: [Google]
YouFagsWontTakeThisAdvice.png
118KB, 480x636px
Isn't a moment of embarrassment worth it for great friendship?
>>
Garbage advice. You fake it till you make it and never, ever show your power level.
>>
>>38430466
You are pathetic if you actually think this. You just wanna feel sorry for yourself, don't you?
>>
>>38430483
I don't feel sorry for myself, I have good friends I've made through discipline and not showing my spergy self that I left behind. When I fail I blame myself and myself only. You're either projecting or tried to profile me but failed. I'd like to hear your reasoning for that though.
>>
File: 1475120141882.gif (202KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1475120141882.gif
202KB, 500x404px
>>38430452
That's pretty bad advice. You shouldn't be looking for friendship from people you don't like because you think you should, yeah, but acting like an autist in public isn't going to attract other autists towards you, it'll only push everyone away.
Also, anyone who unironically uses the word "normies" in an argument can safely be ignored.
>>
>>38430541
no anon u need to just be urself
>>
>>38430541
There is a difference between self discipline and improvement and putting on a fake mask. I thought you implied you has a mask. I seek self improvement also, yet I still maintain a personality that is genuine.
>>
Actual girls have told me to not be myself because the real me is unattractive.
>>
>>38430556
There is a difference between self discipline and improvement and putting on a fake mask.
>>
>>38430541
>and not showing my spergy self that I left behind.
then who the fuck are you ?
>>
File: 1490722359092.png (153KB, 341x365px) Image search: [Google]
1490722359092.png
153KB, 341x365px
>>38430580
Yeah, there is. There's also not letting everyone know your a Chris-Chan level of autist or nigger level of asshole. It's called moderation.
I can safely show off my interests in public without looking like a crazy person, but saying you should unleash your inner autism like a furry in a fursuit is terrible advice. that will only let you down.
>>
>>38430556
>You shouldn't be looking for friendship from people you don't like

those attractive and popular people aren't people you like thought
people you're likely to like are people who share your interest and experiences
>>
>>38430556
>but acting like an autist in public isn't going to attract other autists towards you
You say this as if you think he's advocating walking around yelling "cummy in my bummy!" at random strangers.

It is solid advice for people who want to not only be outwardly happy, but truly happy on the inside because they're comfortable with being themselves.
>>
>>38430613
I guess. Just don't show off a completely fake persona.
>>
File: 1486232274834.jpg (32KB, 277x277px) Image search: [Google]
1486232274834.jpg
32KB, 277x277px
>>38430621
That's literally what I just said.

>>38430656
I never said you should, but you should be socially conscious enough to know when and what to divulge to people.
>>
File: IMG_2597.png (168KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2597.png
168KB, 554x439px
>>38430602
I try to not show my sperg you side but it comes out sometimes. I remember this one time I was as playing madden with my normie friend that gets laid every week and physically fought with him cause I lost. Didn't talk for a couple months but we're buddies today. This was around 3 years ago back in high school.
>>
>>38430452
It's how I ended up getting friends and a gf (and kept them). I don't care for approval, and that's why I can say the shit I want without losing people I care about. Don't bother with robots, they will have to come to this conclusion themselves just as I did. If you forcefeed advice, they will just recoil and do the opposite just to spite you for daring to help them. And I get it, I never wanted a handout, I wanted to figure shit out for myself. And literally jus b urself is what ultimately worked for me.
>>
>>38430452
I will never cold approach a girl. I just can't do it. If however, one showed me some obvious signs, I might do something. Luckily, none have ever done that.
>>
>>38430697
How do I stop giving a shit, anon?
>>
>>38430739
comprehend your mortality and the fact that you are not special, you will be forgotten in 20 years tops after you die
>>
>>38430739
What good has anyone's opinion ever been to you? Most of the time people spout opinions and hope people follow suit just so they can fuel their own inflated ego. Think for yourself and don't be afraid to disagree with someone. If someone is willing to disagree with you and tell you their retarded opinion, you are just as qualified to stand your ground and tell them to fuck off. Just do what you like, say what you think, and don't be so damn afraid of conflict.
>>
>>38430879

Don't listen to this retard -> >>38430879

From my experience, the only way you can truly stop giving a fuck is if you have a trait that attracts people. You know that Money, Status, Looks meme that PUA artists push on this board? That also applies to people in general as well. Why do you think attractive people in general have that IDGAF mentality as if they're living life on cruise control? It's because no matter what they do, they'll still get positive treatment from it. If you just apply that IDGAF attitude as a robot, you're not going to be swimming in positive friends and women. Remember that weird loner kid that always wore a hoody in class everyday yet was reluctant to people that tried to socialize with him? That's how you're going to look if you apply the IDGAF mentality. You won't look cool. You'll look like a fucking clown. I'm not saying be a bitch but don't be so radical about it like that anon is telling you to do.
>>
>>38431021
Of course you'll never not give a fuck with an attitude like yours.
>b-buh I'm not chad!
Still a slave to people's opinions. As I said earlier, robots will just have to figure it out themselves.
>>
>>38430679
oh sorry we actually agree then
>>
>>38430541
>I have good friends
Kys normalcunt. I have literally no one
>>
>>38430452
What if i dont know who my real self is? What if i contend that a 'real self' doesnt exist?
>>
>>38431235
then you would be correct, just be natural then, even if a self doesn't exist you still act unlike anyone else
>>
>>38431258
I dont know what natural is for me though
>>
>>38431290
nobody does, stop acting and just start being
fuck this sounds like be urself
>>
>>38430452
not when you relive that moment over and over again at random times throughout your life for the rest of your life and it still gives you horrible overwhelming negative feelings of shame, embarrassment and regret.
>>
>>38431323
take the determinism pill and realise that there was no other way for you to act in those moments
>>
File: 345235234524.png (51KB, 982x618px) Image search: [Google]
345235234524.png
51KB, 982x618px
>>38431183

The point of my post is that the social game is rigged and will always be rigged. No amounts of "IDGAF" will attract people to you if they don't see gaining any benefit from you. Robots don't take advice from people like you because you don't see the outside perspective of it. They follow retarded advice like yours and do stuff like pic related in hopes of gaining attention through it because some autist on the internet told them.
>>
>>38431634
This was a discussion about how to not give a fuck, not whether or not it will attract people to you. What are you even on about at this point I don't even know. You're missing the entire point and are just projecting your own fears on how things might play out. All you're doing is telling anon why he should give a fuck, not how to not give a fuck.
What your opinion on the effectiveness of the idgaf attitude is is none of my concern. I'm not even giving advice, I'm explaining how you stop giving a shit about things. Somehow you twisted that and you take it upon yourself to autistically rant about how anon will somehow look like a fedora lord for applying what I said.
Anyway my man, it's 7am my time and I haven't gotten a wink of sleep. I'll leave it be and let you have the last word.
>>
File: nakaruu.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
nakaruu.png
13KB, 657x527px
>>38430452
I've been myself my entire life, been constantly embarrassed and never got any friends. I wouldn't expect a phoneposter to understand.
>>
>>38430687
anon i like what you describe as your spergy side

>tfw will never get to know all these interesting people because they're putting on masks

what have normies done
>>
In the words of that dude from Andrew Jackson Jihad, it's harder to be yourself than it is to be anybody else.

The problem with this advice is normies say it in the most stupid, banal sense oblivious to how ugly "yourself" is, and how it doesn't lead to multicultural grounds of friends laughing in front of university buildings eating salad.

However robots are wrong in rejecting it wholesale because there's a tremendous dignity in being yourself. It usually sucks but the rewards are tremendous.

OP is right.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.