[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your best treasure story/favorite treasure legend? Do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0732.jpg (868KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.jpg
868KB, 2560x1600px
What is your best treasure story/favorite treasure legend?

Do you know of any hidden somewhere, or have you ever gone hunting yourself?

I've been thinking that it would be fun to go on a grand adventure seeking a treasure, lost artifact, possible lost city, etc.
>>
File: why pepe.png (78KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
why pepe.png
78KB, 412x351px
>>38428171
>you will never find artifacts with nearly magical properties like in the Stalker series and firefight bandits that try to take it for themselves
>the chance of you discovering some ancient, long lost treasure, like a never before seen stash of gold or unique gems, is extremely low
>don't know any legends that could be real
Aside from el dorado, the holy grail and the ark of the covenant, which are all probably fake or with very little chance to find, I haven't heard of any legitimate treasure legends.
Anyone got anything?

Also, what are some good movies with treasure hunts? And I don't just mean fabled ancient gold cities in an undiscovered continent, can be about finding anything as long as it's a scavenging and/or discovering riches.

Been wanting to watch the treasure of the sierra madre for a while now, anyone recommend it?
>>
File: IMG_0678.png (15KB, 240x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0678.png
15KB, 240x304px
Please answer.

I need a quest.
>>
>>38428347
>I haven't heard of any legitimate treasure legends.

There are actually quite a few, just google "real lost treasures" and you'll see a bunch. A lot of them are on lost sunken ships, so forget those unless you want to go diving to the bottom of the ocean. Some of my favorites are in the American southwest, as well as in India.

>Also, what are some good movies with treasure hunts? And I don't just mean fabled ancient gold cities in an undiscovered continent, can be about finding anything as long as it's a scavenging and/or discovering riches.

National Treasure, Treasure Planet, and Sahara are all good. Sierra Madre is okay, but I can't enjoy pre-1960 movies personally.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenn_treasure

Sounds like a treasure hunt
>>
>be a kid
>watch some pirate movie
>excited to go out and search for treasure
>grab a shovel and start looking in my garden
>no treasure, just cat shit

Looking back that's basically how my life turned out too
>>
File: 100 socrates ok sign.jpg (46KB, 519x412px) Image search: [Google]
100 socrates ok sign.jpg
46KB, 519x412px
>>38428401
>Treasure Planet
hell yes, my dude.
honestly, not many people I know have ever even heard of Treasure Planet.
>>
File: sour.jpg (50KB, 578x527px) Image search: [Google]
sour.jpg
50KB, 578x527px
>>38428422
>no treasure, just cat shit
that's pretty true, in many ways.
especially the future.
>>
>>38428401
>There are actually quite a few, just google "real lost treasures" and you'll see a bunch. A lot of them are on lost sunken ships, so forget those unless you want to go diving to the bottom of the ocean. Some of my favorites are in the American southwest, as well as in India.
neat, thanks, will check it out.
yeah the sunken ship treasures definitely require at least scuba diving gear, so that's out of the picture.
>>
File: bored rich skeleton.jpg (175KB, 565x678px) Image search: [Google]
bored rich skeleton.jpg
175KB, 565x678px
Don't die on me treasure thread, there is almost fucking nothing to enjoy or fantasize about and I don't want this to slip away from the last few remaining hopes and dreams that I have.
>>
any neat legends about treasures like ancient armor/armour or sword or anything similar you guys hear or heard about?
>>
>>38428835
The Kusanagi Sword.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.