[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people not care about local politics, yet care so much

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1500171239140.png (17KB, 212x172px) Image search: [Google]
1500171239140.png
17KB, 212x172px
Why do people not care about local politics, yet care so much about national and international politics?

The average man is literally completely hopeless at affecting politics above the local level at all in his lifetime, while local politics is something you can actually have an impact on, not to mention it affects your own communities that you are involved in.
Any investment in national or international politics will amount to literally nothing.
>>
My local politics are affected solely by national politics.

I.e. Usage of solar power in the state of Nevada. We live in a rain shadow, aka a place where there is never any clouds and the reason why Vegas sits in the middle of a desert. Fun fact: Vegas and Pahrump don't get their power from the Hoover Dam. They get it from coal power plants. The top-of-the-chain owners of the power companies have their hand in the law, and have made using solar power a pain in the ass. We could save money, increase land value, and save the environment with one swift move. But there's one problem:
Lobbyists and the establishment. Hence we need someone to give those guys the boot (and I'm not gonna suck Trump's dick here, he hasn't done shit in regards to that as of /yet/). Lobbyists are gone, corrupt media disappears, appropriate companies from out-of-state get funding and move over, and ban, problem solved. Issue is, that's way over our heads, and you're not wrong. So nothing will ever happen. He national level of politics is the only battleground worth fighting, if anything is worth fighting for at all.
>>
File: cat bored flower.jpg (98KB, 608x395px) Image search: [Google]
cat bored flower.jpg
98KB, 608x395px
>>38427658
>caring about politics at all
It's not going to change anything, locally or otherwise.
It's up to the corporations and large businesses, and their owners, to change something since it is quite apparent that they have a significant influence on laws and what not.
The chance to change something (without using extreme force like physical violence, which would basically be terrorism) in any politics is quite low, so why bother?
>>
>>38427658
>local politics is something you can actually have an impact on
>he actually believes this
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.