[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you convince yourself anything matters?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: everysinglemorning.jpg (83KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
everysinglemorning.jpg
83KB, 500x600px
Seriously, how do normies do it? If you have all of your basic needs met, and there is no objective system of value, how do you convince yourself to strive for anything? Do they just lie to themselves?

I've wanted to care about something enough to get off of my ass for so long now, but I can't seem to reason my way out of this. Do you somehow turn your brain off and just do what everyone else is doing? I don't understand, please help
>>
>>38421469
>Do you somehow turn your brain off and just do what everyone else is doing?

I believe this is just it, OP. Don't take life seriously. I'm assuming you're enlightened to what life really is, an endless act, but that's okay. What you need to understand is no matter what you think of that fact, the normies are having fun being a part of it, and the chemical stimulus they get from signals of connection with other normies strengthens desire to stay and be a part of it.

So get out there and find an act to be a part of if you want to be happy. Don't think about others so much and think about what you want to do with your fellow actors. Is anything genuine? Emotions are real, Anon.
>>
>>38421733

>I believe this is just it, OP. Don't take life seriously.

I don't, that's why I stay inside all day and refresh the catalog. I'm asking how you convince yourself once you are in that state to leave it. I've never felt a connection to normies, never a positive emotion from interacting with them. I may just be defective, idk.

I really just can't see myself ever being a part of it anymore, it all feels so fake and distant, my "fellow actors" disgust me and I disgust myself. I just can't convince myself that "happiness" means anything or that someone like me would be capable of feeling it. Idk how to explain this without sounding like an edgelord, I've already failed at that, it's just genuinely how I feel and I can't seem to escape it.
>>
>>38421854
>I don't, that's why I stay inside all day and refresh the catalog.
I just find something that I enjoy doing and surround myself with others who enjoy the same thing.

I love math and computers - so I spend time on /sci/ and /g/ and I feel motivated enough to study each day.
>>
>>38421469
I figure my life isn't bad enough to prefer absolute nothingness as opposed to a meh life with the change of it getting better.
>>
>>38421469
i think of the meaningless of life as liberating
>>
>>38421469
I know this feeling brother. Even when I go out to try and have fun among the normies, I just feel the exact same nothingness that I get from sitting at home listening to music. I've already given up, I only go outside for groceries and work now.
>>
>>38421958

I mean good for you? that's not really an argument, you're basically saying you just don't think about it, but congrats on being able to do that I guess

>>38421992

what is the difference? are you calling the neet life "absolute nothingness" or are you referring to suicide? I've never really been suicidal desu, I just can't convince myself to strive for anything
>>
>How do you convince yourself anything matters?

I don't. But what I do instead is come up with a goal.
Right now my goal is to finish the next 3 and a half years at college. (I have an internship, so I will graduate with 2 years of work experience in engineering, and 2 degrees), then I will apply for a job at google, work there for 5 years (maybe less if I get an internship there later on), quit and work for the CIA for 7 years. quit and go for a looooonggg 24,500 mile run around earth that I have mapped out, then apply at a large company (Like apple or some shit), not show up for the interview while still expressing interest in the job through email, and see if I get the job, solely based off of my achievements.

> tl;dr go full autist and set a goal to achieve.
> Pretent life is an MMO and try to speedrun all your quests.
>>
Get a job and do it even if you hate it. Your thinking will become normal and you will understand life more.
Most of the faggots are always alone and bored so they fall to depression and not doing anything, like you.
>>
>>38422143
>pretend life is an MMO

I hate MMO's, I hate grinding, and I cant even hold an online conversation with someone in an MMO. I've given up every MMO I've tried getting into in under 30 hours of playtime
>>
iktf the only stuff that fixes it for me is coffee and cigarettes but i only smoke a few a day cause i dont want cancer or breathing problems but it is nice
>>
File: 1499422327354.png (334KB, 538x564px) Image search: [Google]
1499422327354.png
334KB, 538x564px
>>38421469
The knowledge that nothing in the world really matters, while not untrue, doesn't really help people like other knowledge does because it leaves people in the state you're in right now.

The key to bouncing back into the 'real' world after becoming aware of the futility of life is to realize that knowing what you now know gives you an advantage the normies will never have. When they stress over the things they think matter, they can't take a step back and think "in a few centuries i'll just be a forgotten corpse in the ground so who gives a fuck if I just got fired/my gf dumped me/etc".

Obviously that's nice but if you want real motivation as to why you should even bother trying to get back into the groove then its as simple as this. You're in this state because you zoomed out so far from your life to the point where the universal truth that nothing really matters is undeniable. Obviously that truth is shocking and depressing at first but if there's no universal meaning then that means that meaning is in the eye of the beholder. Every moment can be the most important moment in existence, everyone matters and everything is the meaning of life. You've been wiped clean of your preconceptions of what matters and what doesn't, its time to build it back in your own image.

pic unrelated
>>
>>38422164
>Your thinking will become normal and you will understand life more.
Not OP, but getting a job made me understand life more, in that I have a better grasp on what an meaningless shitshow it is. If anything, it made my thoughts even more bitter and abnormal.
>>
>>38421469
They are totally in a bubble. They are either ignorant or stupid. All seriously intelligent people are sad.
>>
>>38422236
Life has meaning. We just aren't good enough for it. The path we are on is so far from is that nearly all social elements detract from the good. In this Hell there can only be despair.
>>
>>38422034

as do I, liberating to sit inside all day.

>>38422143

why would I do that? and like the other anon, I hate mmos.

>>38422164

i've been to public school, which is basically the same thing, it didn't make my thinking any more "normal", just more angry and bitter. is it supposed to help just because it distracts you from thinking about the actual questions?

and anyways, i despise normies so much at this point i don't think i'd last a day, i'd lash out at someone over how pointless it all is and get fired. some of us are really too far gone.

>>38422236

that doesn't really answer my question; why bother building? if it doesn't matter, why not just stay comfy?
>>
Normies live oblivious to those around them and just celebrate living normie life every day because nature has rewarded normies by default.
>>
>>38421854
>I've never felt a connection to normies
Why not?
Normies, at the end of the day, just want to get along. Be respectful of their need for familiarity and excitement. Being challenged by Chad is just child's play and nothing you just take to heart.

>it all feels so fake and distant
It's never about what it is, Anon, it's about what you get out of it, and that's real.

>I just can't convince myself that "happiness" means anything or that someone like me would be capable of feeling it.
It means you're alive, and as i've said emotions are real. You are capable of feeling it, you just may not be giving yourself a chance to find it, and trust me, some things will come along in your journey through life that will spark something in you, but you won't find it refreshing the catalog.

I believe you are taking life a little too seriously after reading your post. Reality is what you want to make of it, as we all see it a little differently. You have a choice to see things different than you do now.
>>
>>38421469
i came to realize that life wasn't about me, and that by helping other people my existence became meaningful
>>
>>38422236
I came to the same conclusion as you but like OP I just cannot "build meaning" I cannot create my own meaning no matter how hard I try cause I KNOW it's fake, it's undeniably fake and doesn't actually matter.

Everything in life is like moving rocks around on a rocky beach, you accomplish nothing by doing it.
>>
normies define themselves through other people so its easy for them to live life.

there are tons of other factors of course. normies connect and click better than robots so its easy for them to go around. they also like the same shit music so clubs and hanging out is actually enjoyable to them.
normies aren't picky about anything. they will watch any movie or listen to any music, fuck any girl.
also another major difference is that normies believe they can't fail in life because a new day is a new opportunity. so they sort of live life day by day instead of being cornered by consequences.
obviously as normies get older they start the see the world more like us.
>>
>>38421469
I have a philosophy on life.

I want to share it with all you robots, but in good time.

But I will answer your question.

According to my belief, the more validation we give, and the less we ask for, it creates a value in others. Be truthful, and tell someone close to you how you feel about the way they dress, or how intelligent they are, or how good they smell; some kind of compliment. And try to give them the social validation they want; tell your co-workers they are good workers; tell your friends they are good friends; tell your parents they are good parents. Ascribe to them the behaviors you wish to see in them, and they will aspire to have those behaviors.

It's a self-sacrifice. And you will do it cognitively expecting something in return; but once you do it ritualistically, you lose that expectation, and you lose your own built ego. The ego you receive in return will be dictated by those around you, the ones you've complimented and praised. This is what we call "Honour".

In being honourable, and living up to the expectations that they place on you, you give yourself meaning in life. This meaning may be "subjective", but it really does feel fulfilling, no longer empty.
>>
>>38422384

>Why not?

because they talk about absolutely nothing all day and it's just fake and tiring and empty, i don't even feel like the same species

>It's never about what it is, Anon, it's about what you get out of it

i get nothing out of it.

>You have a choice to see things different than you do now.

yeah, i could just turn my brain off and pretend to be happy like you, i'm not happy because i just don't want it enough, of course, i should have known.

>>38422419

>Everything in life is like moving rocks around on a rocky beach, you accomplish nothing by doing it

that is exactly how it feels, great metaphor

>>38422416
>>38422490

so again, you just turn your brains off and get off on your own sense of moral superiority, basically. i'm glad it works for you, that just doesn't sound fulfilling to me. and i don't have anyone around me, nevermind anyone i would want to compliment.
>>
bumping just on the off chance anyone has any actual advice

maybe i'll try /adv/ tomorrow, just for fun, doubt it'll be much better though
>>
>>38421469
Just drink heavily
>>
>>38423574
this. Helps me get by, I don't live for myself, but because it would hurt others for me to die.

>>38422872
I hope you can find reason in life man, it is a struggle
>>
>>38423574

doesn't do much for me desu

>>38423675

i simply live to bear witness to happenings and memes at this point, which is fine i guess, i was just hoping i could reason myself into striving for something better somehow
>>
File: 1495578618738.jpg (10KB, 216x234px) Image search: [Google]
1495578618738.jpg
10KB, 216x234px
The universe has no inherent meaning. You must revolt against the absurd, acknowledge it's lack of meaning, and decide to give it meaning anyway.
>>
>>38424051
I'm sorry to hear that. I'd say try to keep doing anything that keeps your mind occupied - whether that's memes or something like beating your minesweeper score. Take care, and best of luck.
>>
>>38421469
Get a pet. My dog is my family.
>>
>>38424112

why bother?

>>38424135

doesn't really answer my question but i'm glad you found something that makes you happy.
>>
welp, goodnight guys
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.