[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT BOOK

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: 51JDKW8TV1L._SS500_.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51JDKW8TV1L._SS500_.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
First of all, FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT BOOK, it's the worst fucking piece of shit that's ever been written by the most normie person of all. It has ruined my life (well, more than it was ruined beforehand) and it WILL ruin yours, if it already hasn't, unless you stay away from it. It is NOT a book that will make you a normie - it is a book that will make you TRY and FAIL at being a normie.

Why, you might ask? I'll try to be as brief as possible about what it did to me.

Basically, I was a social retard, a depressed and anxiety-ridden creepy guy from the block with long hair - and I decided I was tired of being autistic and decided to read some psychology and try to fit in. I read - you guessed it - How to Win Friends and Influence People. I read the fucking book from cover to cover - followed every piece of advice in there, started smiling at the cashiers when buying groceries, being more positive with people - all that jazz.

But it didn't work as well as planned. I managed to trick several roasties into going out with me, but they all quickly managed to see through my fascade. I didn't fit in with the normies very well, but there was another group of people who didn't mind the slight autism peeking at the surface - the druggies. So I spend the next several years going on with the druggies cuz I sympathized with them and their broken lives, because I felt the same about my life, and started doing more and more drugs, from weed, through lsd, speed, mdma and eventually benzos and weak opiates. My brain was getting fried, day by day, I was delusional, got into street fights all the time and got kicked out of my house one time. Ended up on antidepressants and therapy in the end.
>>
File: roastie.jpg (503KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
roastie.jpg
503KB, 1000x750px
>>38411870
>cont.

All this because of what? My desire to be a normie? Even if I managed to become one, I know I still wouldn't be satisfied since I'm not a social person, just like none of you guys are. I would just hate everything normie-related until the day I die, just like in that comic about the greasy, skinnyfat guy who spends all his life on the computer and then decides to start lifting and socializing, and then regrets being in the caffe with his """friends""".

>TL:DR;
Robots can't be normies - don't believe what this devil's book says.
It ruined my life and it might ruin yours.
>>
>>38411870
>>38411875
Anyways, thank you for reading my blog, like and subscribe.

Peace be with you robots.
>>
Anon i dont think it's the books fault
>>
>associates with addicts and becomes an addict
>blames the book

You're a special kind of stupid.
>>
>>38411908
Well, the book surely didn't help the cause...
>>
All self help books are selling hope to the hopeless
>>
File: then_now.jpg (547KB, 2578x1200px) Image search: [Google]
then_now.jpg
547KB, 2578x1200px
>>38411870
Haha fuck books, smoke weed you fucking moron! Smoke weed every day you ninny! I'm high as FUCK right now holy shit tutti fruition I'm in a fucking high ass condition! Man you gotta get high and jack off!
>>
op are you absolutely sure your life would have turned out any better if you hadn't read this book
...?
>>
>>38411908
Yeah no i dont either
>>
File: survivorship_bias.png (31KB, 317x473px) Image search: [Google]
survivorship_bias.png
31KB, 317x473px
>>38411870
The book already contains a logical fallacy on the front cover.

Why did it last for 70 years?
>>
>>38411959
Yes, because I would stay the shut-in I always was, I wouldn't go out and hang out with the druggies and I would learn mathematics and programming like I should've.

Now I have to make it all up.
>>
>>38411870
The principles in the book are tools for you to work with.
Stupid people don't know how to use tools.
Don't blame the book for your stupidity.
>>
File: op is wrong.jpg (444KB, 640x1025px) Image search: [Google]
op is wrong.jpg
444KB, 640x1025px
This book helped me. Don't listed to OP.
After reading this book I literally get along with 95% of the people I meet.

It helps you being a normie basically.
>>
>>38412082
>>>marketing 101
>>
>>38411870
Just read dostojevskij novels and imitate how people talk in those desu.
>>
>>38412447
You were a normie all along, you fucking retard.
>>
>>38412593
I literally take 6 anti depression / anti anxiety pills a day, and I go to a psychologist 2 times a week. Take that back
>>
>>38411870
I think you missed one of the main fucking points, which is to be GENUINE in your emotion
kill yourself bitch-boy
>>
>>38411870
>i read a book and started doing hard drugs
>i blame the book and not the shitty decisions i've been making my entire life
hahahahhahahahaha
>>
>>38412663
>takes jew pills
>gets along with normies
I somehow find this really hard to believe
>>
I must have missed the chapter that recommends you just wreck yourself with crank
>>
>>38411870
I feel like book is only useful if you are trying to become some big business man type of person.
>>
>>38411945
>not jacking off and smoking weed while reading a book
>>
Self-help books are for people in denial or people looking for affirmation of their own personal beliefs. If you look at it in desperation, you will fail.
>>
File: 1476737007834.jpg (8KB, 228x222px) Image search: [Google]
1476737007834.jpg
8KB, 228x222px
>>38413599
Excellent point my good sir VERY EXCELLENT! Especially when the paper in the book was made with... WEED! Then I can read a page, rip the page out, roll a reefer, get fucking stoned, jack off while reading another page, repeat!!!

You are A FUCKING GENIUS!
>>
File: doubledating2.jpg (27KB, 195x255px) Image search: [Google]
doubledating2.jpg
27KB, 195x255px
Self help books are written by "be urself" Chads that never had a problem to begin with with being successful. Same as pickup guides. These people actually don't know what makes them successful, they just fell into success, so they just start writing down random shit they do that they think is the key to their success.
That's why you'll find stupid shit like "Wash yourself everyday", "get a haircut", or an anecdote about a conversation with the Lord of Doublin whilst riding in the countryside in 1982 in these books.
>>
>>38411870
This book only contains "obvious" truisms that essentially mean nothing yet even chris chan knows to be true.
but following them alone won't grant you success.
It's so far beyond "jus b urself" that it has ascended into the realm of "Don't forget to breathe"
>>
>>38411870
>I managed to trick several roasties into going out with me,
That's all I want. Just a single date. The book didn't fail, you did.
>>
Six ways to make people like you

1 Be genuinely interested in people.
2 Smile.
3 remember the persons name they like to hear it.
4 be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
5 Talk about the other persons interests.
6 Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely

Makes you into a complete doormat that people will say god that guy is too nice, fuck him.
>>
This book isn't that bad. It actually helped me. You just made the wrong decisions, OP.
>>
>>38414035
No, it doesn't. If you observed normies interacting for a while, you'd notice that they share many of these traits.
>>
>>38412082
>xkcd, the Hillshill, in charge of what counts as success

You and him probably love that speech Obama gave about how rich people who worked hard for their money weren't actually the ones responsible for their money
>>
>>38412447
>that handwriting

If I worked alongside you I would figure out by your handwriting alone that you are not a normie.
>>
>>38414077

I do observe normies. They have a pecking order. The nice people are always targeted for insults behind their back.
>>
I knew the book is total bullshit without even reading it.
>>
>>38414035
>3 remember the persons name they like to hear it.

But only say their name when you call them to get their attention. "Hey [name]" and the like. Don't be like those retards who shoehorn people's names at the end of sentences, no one likes them at all.
>>
File: 23ui4yr3.jpg (9KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
23ui4yr3.jpg
9KB, 300x267px
>>38411870
Warren Buffet credits much of his success to this book and to a course he took given by the author.

And then there is drug addict anon and this other guy >>38412082 saying it sucks.

Which one should i listen to??
>>
>>38414500
>the successful guy says the book made him successful
>the drug addict says the book made him a drug addict
I think they're both full of shit.
>>
>>38414577
kek

originaI comment
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.