[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is holding you back from self-improvement?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 4.gif (377KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
4.gif
377KB, 853x480px
What is holding you back from self-improvement?
>>
>>38408315
Craphole posts like this that focus on the negative aspects of solitude.
>>
absolutely original loneliness
>>
probably the jews

maybe the niggers
>>
>>38408315
4chan and this board
>>
>>38408351
Get a website blocker and do something.
>>
>>38408315
Gotta work and I don't have enough time to run and lift and play sick guitar riffs.
Can't join the forces for like a year.
I wanna bro mansion with my videogame friends but I think they aren't as happy go lucky as me and and can't do it, so I don't want to ask or be serious about it.
I think the friends I want to reconnect with from highschool don't like me but won't say it.
>>
laziness and refusal to give up using a computer 16 hours a day
>>
>>38408357
>Get a website blocker
So, a girlfriend?
Kind of why I'm here.
>>
A complete lack of motivation.
>>
Genetics

Being a subhuman in general
>>
>>38408416
This. I have tried to start lifting at least a dozen times now. I really want to do it and I know it'll benefit me but I can never make it more than 3 days before I completely lose motivation only to start over in a week or two.
>>
A 6/10 at best face
>>
I don't know, for some reason I just can't get started on anything
>>
>>38408416
This. To be honest, I'm fine being a useless hunk of flesh, and although it'd be "nice" to become a better person, my desire isn't strong enough to motivate me long-term.
>>
>>38408315
self improvement is a meme

I've gained 30 lbs of muscle and no one has noticed. I've put well over $50k in the bank and no one cares (in before "hurr durr $50k is nothing, poorfag!") I wear button down shirts and polos and not graphic tees. I go out and do social shit. I am invisible to everyone.

It's nice that you slobs can still hang onto that belief that "once I'm thin and well dressed and rich THEN I'll have a social life and a girlfriend." Because once you've reached your goals and realized you're no better off than you were before, that's when the real despair sets in.
>>
>>38408635
The only thing that matters is whether you're satisfied with the results or not
>>
>>38408315
autism and beta look
>>
>>38408680
let's put it this way: I'm posting on /r9k/ right now.
>>
>>38408315
i love being miserable,like some fallen hero
>>
>>38408635
Life never came with a manual. We just have to accept the fact that we aren't normal and we'll just have to blunder our way through life.
>>
no tribe
it's hard to do anything when you're not doing it for anyone but yourself
ps nazis, fundies, and commies don't count, you'd have to be a total idiot to fall for their shit
>>
>>38408315
In the back of my mind I know I'm just going to kill myself later, so why bother.
>>
>>38408315
Working 12 hr nightshift 3 or 4 days a week. Earning a comfortable wage, and not knowing the actual payoff of self improvement.

>Trying to relax AND get sleep during my 12 hours off.
> Having a fucked up sleep/energy schedule, where I have energy from 2AM to around 10AM, when I usually gas out.
>Having any progress on my 4 day weekend get interrupted by the return of the work week.
> making 90-100k/yr without a degree(Veteran, skilled technician but technically unskilled/uncertified labor), a degree could open up 150k plus jobs, but I might actually prefer something that may leave me after several years not much higher than I am now.
>Fell for the financially independent, frugal meme, could very likely retire by 35, around 2025 anyways.

I have plans to force movement, but I feel stuck in my current job, switching would leave me earning 20%-50% less.
>>
>>38408635
Muscles and money don't get you a social life or girlfriend. You can have that without those things. It's memed here to help people develop a sense of self-worth, and possibly actual worth in the world.

Social life and girlfriend? That's all social shit I have no clue about myself.
>>
>>38408782
Thiiss. I'm just procrastinating in order to avoid what's expected of me.
>>
profound and immense self-loathing that manifests as a pattern of self sabotage and flagellation.
>>
>>38408802
And I just finished a shift, and have a fucking headache.
>>
>>38408315
Me
Most original post
>>
>>38408635
>it's another elliot rodger in the making episode
>>
>>38408315
I'm trying to find what I can improve without being frustrated doing it because of my genes.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.