[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were you ever kind? Do you think being an asshole is a safer

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1498727165377.jpg (42KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1498727165377.jpg
42KB, 480x542px
Were you ever kind?

Do you think being an asshole is a safer way of living? In fact, is there any point in torturing yourself for not being Mother Teresa?

No such thing as innocence, right?
>>
I'm not sure if I was kind, or simply trained to believe if I was nice the world would roll over for me.

I think being level headed and realistic is better than being an asshole. Some people respond better to kindness, and others to aggression. Furthermore there's nothing mean about asserting yourself.
>>
>>38403080
>Furthermore there's nothing mean about asserting yourself.

It's hard to do when you're raised in a household that softly condemns it. I've been called out for it, and I gotta admit I do feel bad. I would rather be stepped on that live with the thought of having hurt someone torturing me. I also succumb easily to emotional manipulation due to a traumatic experience I had years ago.
>>
>>38403224
If the person torturing you is acting with malice, you commit an injustice by refusing to acknowledge it. It's no different than if they were torturing another, evil is being permitted to operate with impunity. If the torture simply arises from ignorance, then there is no harm done by correcting it.

Your family situation and past trauma sounds difficult. Rather than dwelling on it, I advise trying to learn from the experience and avoid blaming yourself for things beyond your control. I apologize if that sounds callous.
>>
>>38402645
i always try to be kind to people and usually get treaten really well back :D unless these people are my family then i dont think it is worth doing what i do :(
>>
>>38403573
No, it does not. Thank you.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>38402645
I wanted to be.

I thought that if we all tried we could make the world a less shitty place than it was.

But time and time again did this world show me how selfish and detestable it was. How ruthless and willing to break you.

I don't want to be angry, but this world has made that the only way to survive.
>>
>>38402645
I do whatever makes things go the smoothest. My goal is to make people feel just barely above neutral towards me.
>>
I was very kind but experiences ended up making me rough with others and giving me a bitch face. Despite that i still try to be a good person. I just cant be kind because i think my role is to guide others and tell them when they are WRONG YOU FUCKING STUPID SHIT YOU ARE WRONG NO IS NOT AN OPINION FIX IT RIGHT NOW so that the world becomes a better place.
>>
>>38402645
You don't need to be a tortured saint to live in accordance with ethics.
Its pretty easy to just follow the rules and refuse to do recognisably evil things.

It won't always be safe, but compromising on the safety of others doesn't leave them the space to grant you the same courtesy.
Taking risks for the sake of others when the risk would hit them significantly harder is probably the highest form of good, and the one that most serves the collective.

And if you're in a collective you don't want to serve, you should probably ask what the fuck you're doing there in the first place.
>>
I used to go out of my way to be kind, and got fucked in the ass by life for the last 10+ years, and I've come to realize that karma doesn't exist. Probably somewhere between chaotic good and true neutral now. Sucks, but you learn to adapt to your environment, right?
>>
i try to be nice sometimes, but there's no reason to be since the world is such a shitshow
seriously being nice will only make you temporarily feel good
>>
File: IMG_0731.jpg (86KB, 651x582px)
IMG_0731.jpg
86KB, 651x582px
>>38402645
I was kind once. Then I realised how shit everyone is and decided to be a cunt.
>>
>>38402645
>Were you ever kind?
Yes.

>Do you think being an asshole is a safer way of living?
Yes.

>In fact, is there any point in torturing yourself for not being Mother Teresa?
Yes and no.

>No such thing as innocence, right?
Wrong.

Kill yourself, OP.
>>
Is anyone else ultra kind, but in a numb way? Almost reluctantly?

I do kind things because I feel obliged and I hate myself when I am mean to someone. But it doesn't even make me feel good. Instead I start hating myself more and I start thinking how I am a horrible person who wasted his life.
>>
>>38402645
if someone is nice to you be nice to them
if someone is a dick to you be a dick to them
>>
>>38406942

If someone is a dick to you, ignore them and never talk to them again.

>wasting your time on assholes
>>
I'll always be kind and moral- at least to those who deserve it. Those who give up on humanity can go to hell.
>>
I tend to be nice but after some experience, I refuse to do random acts of kindness for specific people.

1) Women who look like they're on drugs or dirty. They are never appreciative and expect too much.
2) same as #1 but with black people.
3) Manlets. Every single time I've opened or held a door for a manlet, picked up something they drop, or anything kind, they never say thank you or even show appreciation. They're the worst honestly.
>>
>>38402645
I try to be a good person, it's the best I can do.
>>
>>38407855
>3) Manlets. Every single time I've opened or held a door for a manlet, picked up something they drop, or anything kind, they never say thank you or even show appreciation.
I'm a manlet and I say thanks every time or at the very least give them a nod.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.