[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime recommedations

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 22

File: The_World_God_Only_Knows_2_9.png (636KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The_World_God_Only_Knows_2_9.png
636KB, 1280x720px
Need some anime recommedations, so share your favorite anime

Mine is "The World God Only Knows."

Ok go, oh and women, normies, people so stupid who want to quarrel over an anonymous image board over nothing need not apply; you're toxic.
>>
File: kaiba.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kaiba.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>38398962

Mushishi
Texhnolyze
Kaiba
Tatami Galaxy
Magnetic Rose
Kino No Tabi
Mononoke
Mind Game

All personal favorites I'd recommend. Anything Yuasa Maasaki is top tier for me.
>>
Just watch Initial D

You don't really need any other anime
>>
I'm watching Boku dake ga Inai Machi at the moment. I'm sure a lot of people here have seen it already but I'd say it's one of the best newer animes out there from what I've seen so far.
>>
>>38399144
It had its moments, the ED is really great too
>>
>>38399053
You get banned for making recommendation threads on /a/. It's fuckibg retarded.
>>
>>38398962

Nichijou is the most emotionally positive anime I've ever seen.

Also Mai is best girl ever.
>>
File: IMG_5811.png (256KB, 800x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5811.png
256KB, 800x386px
I was gonna make my own thread but I'll just ask here. What anime should I watch that's available on Netflix? I've never watched an anime before but my life can't get any worse so I'm gonna try to weeb myself.
>>
File: crazydesu.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
crazydesu.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>38399196
Really? That's weird. Right now it's just people posting lolis.
>>
>>38399062
Texhnolize, Kaiba and Tatami Galaxy are top tier. Don't like the others very much but good taste overall.
>>
>>38399062
>Mushishi
I just started episode 1 of mushishi, this better be good or you're in trouble
>>
>>38399242
I don't have netflix, but see if they have angel beats, or angel something I recalled they had on there.
>>
File: 1498775288606.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498775288606.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>>38398962

I always hate having to answer what my 'favorite' anime would be because I like so many of them.

Recent anime I've watched that I've liked were New Game, Clockwork Planet, Classroom of the Elite seems interesting, Little Witch Academia, kakegurui, and tsuki ga kirei which was an excellent romance show.

Also Boku no Hero Academia is always hype. I can't stop listening to the new OP for some reason. I wasn't a fan at first but it grew on me and now I just listen to it on repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flt693bvsRU
>>
File: 1498502213988.png (1MB, 1171x827px) Image search: [Google]
1498502213988.png
1MB, 1171x827px
>>38399242

Just went through their selection, not bad but there's just a lot of boring, generic shit.

>Death Note
>Little Witch Academia
>Gurren Lagan
>Rurouni Kenshin
>Durarara
>Devil Part-Timer
>Ouran City Host Club
>Mushishi
>Ghost In The Shell: Arise
>Madoka Magica
>Case Closed
>>
File: opm.jpg (95KB, 1388x766px) Image search: [Google]
opm.jpg
95KB, 1388x766px
>>38399328

Oh, and One Punch Man. Watch that first honestly, it's fucking great.
>>
File: 1482527349533.png (2MB, 991x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1482527349533.png
2MB, 991x1426px
>>38399053
You have to be 18+ to post here, normalfaggot
>>
>>38399242
Madoka Magica just make sure to watch the first 3 episode at least before you decide to drop it or not it gets a lot better
>>
>>38399425

It really drops the ball at the end IMO, though.
>>
Looking for a good dubbed anime movie to watch while I grind on Black Desert. Any recommendations? Ive seen all the Miazaki stuff.
>>
Watch some redline dude thats gonna be way better than the gay shit the nerds in this thread are recommendamentdant like lol opm? twgok? foh with that6 duimb shit watch redline
>>
>>38399242
If you don't really watch anime and want entry level stuff I would recommend One Punch Man, Cowboy Bebop, Fooly Cooly, full metal alchemist brotherhood.

I don't know if you'd be into moe/slice of life yet
>>
>>38399473

> Fooly Cooly

pls no. do you want him to hate anime forever?
>>
what are some good classic action films besides akira, castle of caglioatro and GitS (no shows, please)
>>
>>38399454
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
>>
>>38399424
>implying im not over 18

>implying i didnt post it ironically to bait autists like you

you just got trolled nigger faggot XDDDD
>>
>>38399486

The only reason I could see him hating anime forever from it would be from the post-show depression he has. Perfect OST, perfect 6 episodes. The manga is p good too but The Pillows make the show 100x better. The animation is god tier.
>>
>>38399304
>>38399328
>>38399425
>>38399473
Thanks a lot anons I've added most of them to my list and I'm gonna start on whichever looks the most interesting to me tonight. Wish me luck on my newfound weebhood
>>
File: cnn pepe.jpg (18KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
cnn pepe.jpg
18KB, 460x259px
You weebs have to leave this board. Your parents hate you. Everyone hates you. Take your own lives please.
>>
>>38399505
Steve1989? Probably one of the most informative and entertaining channels. I always like to see what he finds and the video/audio quality is good as well.
>>
>>38398962
Watch HenNeko.
I liked it enough to get the overpriced limited price figures of the main heroines while being in Japan. Probably my favourity romance/comedy.
>>
>>38399278
its fucking good
>>
Can someone actually give me some tips on some new animes? I'm fucking dry and I dont wanna just pick a random one to download and waste my time.
>>
>>38398962
Try 'Another'. It'sa good horror anime. Most normiefags don't know about it, at least from my experience.
>>
>>38398962
Kaiji
If the protagonist was real he would be the true messiah and martyr of /r9k/
>>
>>38399577
posted in wrong thread,
ignore post.
>>
File: golden boy son.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
golden boy son.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
>>38399638
Watch Golden Boy. A literal genius with a perverted persona works various odd jobs learning about life through his own experience in a Siddartha like fashion helps people along the way while flirting and banging hot babes and riding on his sick bike looking fly as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gFYhwuN5wc

Watch this glorious intro.
>>
>>38399626
Alright just finished episode one, it was pretty good. Very mellow, thanks for the rec.
>>
>>38399546

The animation is inconsistent and really kind of taste-specific. I wasn't a fan (and I enjoyed Air Gear which iirc has similar animation). It also has inserts of completely different experimental animation styles (such as the south park parody), but I feel the Monogatari franchise did those way better.

I'll grant you the OST though: that was really comfy and did make the show 100x better, although for me that means turning the show from a 0.05 to a 5 out of 100.

I'll now post a review I wrote in a series of yt comments a while back to illustrate why I'm saying this.
>>
>>38399546
>>38399865
Before I get into criticism, I would like to mention what I liked about the show: The audiovisual component, in my opinion, was well-made. The visuals were quite soulful and atmospheric, as was the soundtrack by the Pillows. Overall, the series did have the most important thing I look for in a show: atmosphere. That was the one good thing I took away from watching FLCL. Perhaps this was due to the director and his team really having fun and doing exactly what they wanted to do with their work. In any case, I felt it and I applaud it. Also, hats off to Haruko's seiyuu, Mayumi Shintani for her performance: that was some of the best seiyuu work I have ever heard. Not the absolute best, but extremely professional stuff. Her voice and the Pillows soundtrack are probably the most memorable things from FLCL to me personally.

Now for the bad.

My first problem with FLCL is that for a show that puts so much emphasis on its megadoses of surrealist comedy, it completely failed to entertain me. I remember chuckling maybe once or twice for the duration of the whole series. It's not that I don't appreciate absurdist slapstick humor: never have I laughed harder while watching anime than when I watched Nichijou, for example. Maybe the bar for comedy in anime has been raised somewhat since 2003; I haven't seen enough shows to say for sure. Nevertheless, I saw pretty much all the show's comedic sequences fall completely flat, and since those make up 80% of the viewing experience, I was thoroughly uninspired 80% of the time. The protagonist getting run over by Haruko's bike wasn't particularly funny, and it happened several times after that with little variation in context and presentation.

(Cont.)
>>
>>38398962
Steins;Gate
JoJo's Bizzare Adventure
MyTeen Romantic Comedy Snafu
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Konosuba
Re:Zero is ok I guess

>>38399564
One day
>>
>>38399884

I must admit the first encounter with Haruko on the bridge in the first episode was rather promising, and there were some moments in the dialogue that were almost witty. Haruko's guitar beatings were also not funny, even though they make up a sizeable portion of the comedy. The problem is not just that they weren't funny, but also that all those scenes were pretty much exactly the same. There was no nuance to keep the idea fresh for the duration of even such a short series. I would like to contrast this with another comedy series also based on the protagonist receiving beatings from a girl: Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan. It's also a relatively short 5 or 6-episode comedy series about an angel that constantly beats the protagonist with her club. Even though those beatings happen much more often in that series than Haruko's guitar beatings in FLCL, I found them much funnier and less stale, because there was generally more build-up and variation to them.

The rest of the slapstick comedy in FLCL was executed in a similar vein: no situational nuance, just physical violence accompanied by loud shouting, and the occassional simplistic anime "comedy faces" (white circles for eyes and white triangle for mouth agape. Even though every anime does this to some extent, I have seldom seen a series abuse this as much as FLCL) I didn't find the guy with seaweed for eyebrows funny either, nor did I see any comedic value in those eyebrows falling off. Etc. Etc. I didn't find any of it clever or subtle enough to be witty, nor did I find it crazy or innovative enough to be overwhelmingly stimulating.

(Cont.)
>>
>>38399905

As for funny dialogue, the funniest thing I saw was the aforementioned scene on the bridge with Haruko, where there were a few interesting twists in conversation, but that was the zenith of the whole thing. The rest was Naota's grandfather and father repeating "furi kuri, furi kura, kuri kuri, kuri kura" for no reason for a full minute in some cringey sexual innuendo, or things of a similar caliber. Again, there was no context to set this up or make it funny, it's just given as is, because the maxim of this show's comedy seems to "lol it's random so let's add it in". In terms of random humor I actually find internet flash animations of the early 2000s such as Arfenhouse and the Demented Cartoon Movie to be both funnier and more random. In fact, a lot of FLCL's craziest moments are rather tame in comparison to a lot of more recent works, like Kill la Kill or the aforementioned Nichijou. Perhaps all these phenomena were originally inspired specifically by FLCL, I don't know, but even if that's the case and FLCL deserves to be paid homage to in a purely historic sense, that still means that it's been made obsolete by its spiritual successors, at least comedy wise.
There was also a lot of referential stuff, like that South Park scene, but again, there was no build-up or context to make them relevant or fitting to that particular moment, so I didn't find it as funny as I found it just interesting and cool.

Now for the plot. Granted, I didn't understand the plot the first time-round. My understanding comes from other people's explanations and my second viewing of the show. This time I was able to follow the sub-plots rather clearly, but they're all quite simple predicates, so I'll move on to the characters and organisations.

(Cont.)
>>
>>38399923

The Space Patrol agency or whatever is introduced out of the blue in the middle of the series, along with the seaweed guy who works for it, but there doesn't seem to be any real or symbolic interpretation of what this agency is. Medical Mechanica is supposed to be Freudian superego, as I understand it.

Haruko's role in this agency is also nigh unexplored and unexplained; the significance of her being in this agency is also totally unclear. Her relationship with seaweed eyebrows is shown as somewhat significant for the contrast between him and Naota, but again, the details of their shared history are not clear enough for me to be invested in this, or take any lessons away. I guess she was the only character with firmly defined and consistent motives: to find Atomsk and get his power, although the reasons for her wanting this power are also unclear, since she seems more than powerful enough on her own.

(Cont.)
>>
>>38399947
We should suppose that Naota's father and grandfather, his immediate family, would hold a key to understanding how Naota came to be the person he is, but here we draw a blank as well, because they are reduced to 1-D clowns for more comedic effect, and all we can do is speculate about his upbringing, which once again means no tangible message.
The specifics and causes of Mamimi's arson and psychological problems are also unexplored, even though this is an incredibly important issue in the context of the show's deeper messages. Mamimi was actually my favorite character of the show, because she actually had (gasp) a multi-dimensional personality and was very promising, but the show did next to nothing to develop her or explain her motivations for anything she does, other than the fact that likes hanging around Naota and other smaller things as a substitute his brother.

Eri's character development was promising at first, but was cut short extremely curtly. It started well enough with her family issues and her defense mechanisms in reply to that, but ends rather abrutply when Naota exposes her cheating in front of the class, after which some curry and a whack from the guitar sets everything straight. It wasn't enough to make me think or to make me care about her. Her feelings for Naota are understandable, I guess, in the sense that she senses a kindred spirit in him, but beyond this primitive assumption there were no moments to anchor this idea. She doesn't react realistically to Haruko being in the room after she confesses her embarrassing actions and motivations to Naota, which makes her character not believable.

(Cont.)
>>
one piece before the pacing issues,
which I feel started at marineford.
>>
>>38399973
As for the robot, the director himself admitted that the robot has nothing to do with anything, so there you have it. And finally, with regards to Naota himself, I don't believe this was a coming-of-age story at all, but that's an argument for another time.

For a show that is supposed to contain many important themes, the plot does next to nothing to explore, portray or develop them. In fact, certain narrative choices merely confuse the whole system of symbolic associations: If the objects that come out of one's head are supposed to be a phallic symbols representing newly emerging sexual and emotional urges, then why does Eri produce a robot out of her head? Surely horns, guitars and robots are male (phallic) symbols? And if they're not just male, then why does Mamimi never shoot them out when she "overflows" and merely falls unconscious? Is it because "overflowing" in Mamimi is something different to Naota and Eri's experiences because she's older? And if only Haruko can awaken a space portal inside one's head with her guitar, then how come Eri never receives a blow from it and yet is able to summon monsters? As for defeating her monster with curry, that's also nonsensical. If curry is supposed to represent an outgoing personality or whatever, then what does that mean? That hanging around outgoing and energetic people cures her emotional issues?

Fans defend all of this by saying the show was too short to explore all these characters and plot points in more detail, but that doesn't really excuse all these things from sucking.

(Cont.)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
Beck always makes me super nostalgic for the early 2000s metal and punk scene in Hollywood when I was in highschool. I watched it earlier this summer and enjoyed it again.

Oh hey, some asshole recommended Nagato Yuki-chan last week and I have to say that it was fucking trash. Fuck you for getting me to watch that.
>>
>>38399997

There's supposed to be a lot of symbolism in this anime, but it's all either quite hamfisted like guitars symbolising dicks, or they're all the director's personal associations. The point of using symbolism is that there's supposed to be a reason for choosing a certain symbol to represent a certain idea, something that makes the symbol particularly powerful and fitting within the context of the narrative. What irreplaceable role does curry play in the narrative? What role does soda play in the narrative? Why choose those items to represent maturity instead of others? Sweet soda is supposed to represent immaturity and childhood and sour soda is supposed to represent adulthood, but frankly soda in general is a child's drink. I don't remember preferring sweet candy to sour candy as a child.
Some symbols don't really make sense to me, whereas others the show didn't make me care for, for example the baseball symbolism. We see Naota carrying his brother's bat around, and yet being unable to swing it. I was told that this shows that he admires his brother for being an adult, yet is unable to act or take responsibility like one. But the show doesn't do anything to make me care for this fact. We don't see Naota's attachment or love for his brother expressed in any emotional scenes, we don't see his attitude or feelings towards his brother affect any major decisions. His decision to swing the bat was encouraged by Haruko, not his brother. It's just an idea that's there and is left to rest on the narrative like a dead manta ray.

(Cont.)
>>
>>38400019

The same goes for other symbols: Canti, the robot, and how it symbolises a protector figure to Mamimi, is another. There was no set-up to this relationship, nor is the robot a satisfying representation of Naota's brother, because we have no idea what his brother is like. People also say that an airplane flying overhead represents Naota's brother, but I counted only two instances of a plane flying overhead, and his brother was mentioned only during one of those sequences, so I don't see why I should care.

There's also the iron representing the crushing, flattening influence of society on personal creativity, but we never see the iron in action to anchor this visual metaphor: all we have is a comment by Seaweed Eyebrow's partner who supposes that is the case, which is a wasted opportunity, and quite frankly, lazy exposition.

There is nothing in the show's narrative or cinematography that would make me care or empathise with any of the characters or develop any particular attitude to the symbols that are supposed to be important and meaningful to them. All the screen-time that should have been dedicated to this was spent on animated still manga panels of Haruko eating ramen and other such trite.

(Cont.)
>>
>>38400040

There are more examples of symbolism and narrative not making sense and lacking any emotional weight, but I think those are enough to illustrate the problem. Apologists and fans of the show defend this by saying that it's a surrealist anime and it's not supposed to make logical sense, but the problem is that it has nothing to offer other than its deeper layer of symbolism. I can forgive the plot making no logical sense (even though it's presented clearly enough and in enough detail to warrant consistency), but that's supposed to be a sacrifice for the sake of bringing symbolism to the fore and making it shine. And yet the symbolism is also messed up and has neither weight nor consistency. The surrealism was supposed to remove the constraints of reality from the narrative in order to explore the themes with more visual clarity and flair, but instead it turns it into a train wreck.

So you see the paradox that emerges here: fans of the show say that if you don't like the show, then you just don't understand the deeper layers of the show, and yet when you try to analyse the deeper layers of the show and they don't make sense, they tell you it's not supposed to make sense because it's surrealist comedy and they tell you to just enjoy it as it is.

(Cont.)
>>
>>38400063

To me, all these aforementioned problems stem from the fact that the creators tried to make it too many things at once. I've read that FLCL was made to showcase Gainax's new animation technology, so they wanted to add lots of dynamic visuals. FLCL was also made after Evangelion, which was also a show intended as a profound message, so they wanted to add some of that too. But they also wanted something funny. The director also wanted to add a whole bunch of stuff he personally liked, but has no relevance to anything else. They also wanted to make it short. Like that song by Lenka in Microsoft's Windows 8 ad, except the problem is it's very difficult to have "Everything at once" crammed into 6 episodes. If they wanted to convey a message about growing up, they should have made it longer, dropped the useless comedy and told the director to cull his quirky caprices. Perhaps they would have created something like Lain, but more melodramatic. If they wanted a comedy, they should have used stuff that was.. more funny, I guess. If they wanted surrealism, they should have either dropped the comedy, or the pretense of deeper meaning. In any case, a lot of things just didn't work for me here. During my first viewing, I was confused and kind of bored. During my second viewing, I was just bored.

Overall, FLCL left me quite disappointed, especially because of all the praise I read about it. My impression of the show leaves me to quote Naota's famous line: "Nothing amazing ever happens here; everything is ordinary". Well, Naota, I'm inclined to agree. I didn't think anything that happened in FLCL was that amazing, and in terms of an overall appraisal I would rank it as quite ordinary indeed.

(Cont.)
>>
>>38400090

Now, there is one little observation I would like to make before I finish this rant. The plot of FLCL and its deeper themes are quite famously elusive and require multiple viewings to grasp. What does this say about people who claim to like FLCL for its plot and themes? It says that those are all people who rewatched FLCL multiple times after their first viewing, presumably by choice. And what does that say? That means that people who watched FLCL multiple times thoroughly enjoyed their first viewing of FLCL. In other words, these are all people who enjoyed the surface elements that make up 80% of it: the dumb humour and the lolsorandom visual craziness. My conclusion is that people who are impressed by the deeper elements of FLCL are people who were also impressed by the surface elements.
Basically, if you didn't find it funny the first time, you probably won't find it deep or complex the tenth.

-END-
>>
>>38399884
>>38399905
>>38399923
>>38399947
>>38399973
>>38399997
>>38400019
>>38400040
>>38400063
>>38400090
>>38400111
tl;dr
Express yourself in 50 words or less.
>>
File: 1500072880423.jpg (120KB, 494x946px) Image search: [Google]
1500072880423.jpg
120KB, 494x946px
>Ergo Proxy
>Redline
>Jin-Roh
>Mononoke
>JoJo's bizare adventure (I recommend reading the manga though)
>Ghost in the Shell
>Steins Gate
>One Punch Man
>Mob Psycho 100
>Death Note
>Afro Samurai
>Spirited Away
>Persona 3 the movie (I recommend playing the game instead though)
>Danganronpa (I recommend playing the game instead though)
>>
I really recommend Shinsekai yori (English name: From The New World).
I think it is truly one of the best anime I have ever watched.
>>
>>38400111
>>38400090
>>38400063
>>38400040
>>38400019
>>38399997
>>38399973
>>38399947
>>38399923
>>38399905
>>38399884

you don't honestly expect anyone here to care about your opinion so much as to read all of that, do you?
>>
File: 1499455984771.jpg (500KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499455984771.jpg
500KB, 1080x1080px
OP here, I've decided on watching HENNEKO and then KINO NO TABI.
>>
>>38400327
Stellar choice anon.
>>
>>38400128

While hailed as profound, it was mostly boring slapstick which stole screentime from character development and theme exploration.
It attempts too much at once and fails at everything.
Hinting at deeper meaning, it fails to develop interesting ideas or characters, leaving promising development and revelations inchoate with no further mention.

(Word count: 50)

>>38400306
It's not like you have anything else to do considering you're on this board.
>>
>>38399321
what is the original anime your pic is from
>>
Rail Wars
oregano
>>
I'll drop some of my favs (sorry if they've been said already)

>Mature
Serial Experiments Lain
Ping Pong the Animation
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Planetes
Gankutsuou

>Romance
Honey & Clover
Kids on the Slope
Nana
Spice & Wolf
Clannad

>Funny
Nichijou
Detroit Metal City
Cromartie High School
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

>Comfy/Healing
Aria
Hidamari
Yuyushiki
Love Lab
Mushishi
Kino no Tabi
Kamichu

>All around solid
Monogatari series (watch in release order)
Steins;Gate
Kill la Kill
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Welcome to the NHK
Baccano

>Movies
Nausicaa
Wolf Children
Ghost in the Shell
Perfect Blue
Belladonna of Sadness
Akira
>>
>>38399732
Already watched that. I'm talking about newer ones say 2015-2017 I've pretty much watched all the must watches prior to 2015.
>>
>>38399328
I hope you didn't just insult Rurouni Kenshin, it's literally the best anime
>>
>>38401516
Haikyuu
Shokugeki no Souma
Noragami
One Punch Man
OverLord
Re:Zero
Mob Psycho 100
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Flip Flappers
Erased
Rakugo
Takkyuu Musume
Tanaka kun wa itsumo kedaruge
SukaSuka
Boku no Hero Academia
Uchouten Kazoku
Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul
Kobayashi-san no Maid Dragon
Kuzu no Honkai
Flip Flappers
Takkyuu Musume
Hibike Euphonium
Drifters
>>
>>38401591
thanks I will try all these
>>
>>38401565
I think he's saying out of the catalog, that's what he would recommend
>>
>>38399242
just use fucking KissAnime like the rest of us
>>
>thought I watched a lot of anime in my lifetime
>there are 14 year olds with 2000 shows clocked in

how embarrassing
>>
>>38401493
Excellent taste here, I rarely see anyone else who's seen Belladonna of Sadness
>>
File: k on.jpg (201KB, 850x1250px) Image search: [Google]
k on.jpg
201KB, 850x1250px
Enjoy it while it last, soon anime and everything else in your life will be bland and meaningless and you wont be capable of feeling joy

>anime
Sabagebu
Sora no Otoshimono
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka
Azumanga Daioh
Yuru Yuri
Working!
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Date a Live
Evangelion, only the original and EoE
Detroit Metal City
Great Teacher Onizuka, manga's good too
It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular

>manga
Berserk, has hiatus problems
Franken Fran
Hinamatsuri, takes a small nose dive
Prison School, takes a huge nose dive
Kodomo no Jikan
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, after part 4 it starts to get painfully redundant

>visual novel
Grisaia no Kajitsu
>>
File: 1492227534482.png (464KB, 409x444px) Image search: [Google]
1492227534482.png
464KB, 409x444px
cuteass anime girls doing cute shit: nichijou, kill me baby, ika musume, joshiraku, little witch academia

comedy and shit: binbougami ga!, Sasami-San@Ganbaranai, Witchcraft Works (kinda shit but i loved it)

others: Shiki (favorite desu), Higurashi, Planetes, Gundam 08th MS Team, Jormungand, Black Lagoon

plenty of others i forget, surely. really liked mirai nikki even tho i think it might have been shit

always really entertained by Highschool of the Dead too, and i KNOW thats shit
>>
>>38401918

I doubt those are real statistics.

2000 shows, given, on average, 24 episodes each, is almost 2 straight years of anime (no sleep, no breaks).

Even if a 14 year old spent 8 hours a day watching anime, (which is the equivalent of 2 12-episode series) every day, unfailingly, he would have had to have been watching anime since age 8 or 9 to reach 2000 shows by age 14.
>>
>>38402234

Okay let's half that...1000 shows...that's still way more than I have seen and plenty of people on mal who are young have those numbers.
>>
>>38402450

yeah, but realistically a kid that age would spend 4 hours a day watching anime (on average) rather than 8, because sleep and school already takes up about 14 hours, leaving 10 hours for food and other activities. Which brings us back to the same ages (watching one series every day for 6 years, 8-14).

Can you imagine the burnout from that? I don't think a human being can concentrate on the story and characters of a show and not get exhausted after a couple of weeks at that rate. I doubt the kids who write that actually concentrate on the shows they're watching, or even watching them at all.
I'd rather watch anime and actually enjoy it, immerse myself in it.
>>
>>38401820
Do some shows still work/have sources available ? Usually kissanime for me says no sources available and I end up having to torrent the show.
>>
>>38403153
>Do some shows still work/have sources available ? Usually kissanime for me says no sources available and I end up having to torrent the show.
Why not torrent all the time
>>
>>38398962
theres this anime im really hyped for.
Made in Abyss - u might wanna check dat out. Story is good so far. This is currently my bet for anime of the season.
>>
>>38402603

You might be right about that. Then again I had greater ambition as a kid to do stupid things like farm gold for days never leaving my room.
>>
>>38402234
Yeah I've watched A LOT of anime in the last ~30 months but it has only amounted to around 275 shows. Average episodes per show is closer to 18 for me though.
>>
Boku no Pico, lit. Pico's Deconstruction) is a is a critically acclaimed and award-winning OVA series produced in 2006 by Madhouse (Hellsing Ultimate, Death Note, Paranoia Agent, The Animatrix), written by Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist) and directed by Nakamura Kenji (Big O, Serial Experiments Lain, Mononoke). The series consists of three episodes, as well as a one-shot manga chapter, an upcoming computer game and a video compilation of the highly acclaimed music by Yoko Kanno, The Pillows and a bonus video with the ED by Kalafina. Because of the high cost of producing anime, the characters and contents were intensively product-tested before production began. The series explores several philosophical concepts including existentialism, loneliness, and the struggle humans experience while growing up in an ever changing world.

The series also references battles from wars like the Anglo-Spanish wars and the Franco-Prussian wars.

Despite it having certain adult content hidden, it's actually an enjoyable watch for everyone, and it can be described as a light hearted series despite it having so much military content. The ending is considered bittersweet and mind-blowing by the critics and most of the fanbase .
>>
Setting
The series borrows the setting of the critically acclaimed series "Sound of the Sky" making extensive use of its post apocalyptic imagery and thematic complexity to develop the characters in meaningful ways. The Takemikazuchi makes a brief appearance in the second episode.

Story
Caution, spoilers below:

An effeminate boy named Pico works at his grandfather's cafe during the summer, hoping to make some friends. He soon meets a man named Tamotsu "Mokkun" (Iron), and becomes close friends with him without knowing he's actually the captain of a Private Military Company that plans to overthrow the current government, Pico gets caught in the middle of the military affair and the series proceeds showing how the affeminate boy adapts to the whole situation.

Characters
Pico: Starts as a young affeminate boy who is often teased by his grandfather and sometimes forced to wear embarassing attires, he's new to the town, and doesn't have many friends. He spends most of the time helping his grandfather until he meets Mokkun and he becomes close to him. Eventually he gets caught in the middle of a military conflict that spans for many years and needs to toughen himself up in order to survive.
Cpt. Tamotsu "Iron" Takeda: A man who visits Pico's town in order to sign a contract with a private employer to help overthrow the current goverment and institute a military dictatorship with the help of his PMC. He becomes close to Pico and tries to seduce him without knowing he's actually a guy, this ends up with him becoming the butt of the joke but after that they become really good friends. Despite him excelling at using guns he prefers using melee weapons and skillfully charges towards enemies that take cover.
>>
Grandpa: Pico's grandfather runs a large but usually empty bar by the beach named Bebe. When Pico visits him for the summer, he has him help out as waiter while wearing a frilly pink apron. He introduces Tamotsu to his grandson Pico and suggests they spend time together.
Chico: A brown haired boy who develops a close friendship with Pico. He is younger and less military experienced than Pico. He often lays traps outdoors despite them doing more harm than good and is extremely cautious of enemy attacks. In most cases, Chico is the comedic relief in most moments of tension. He lived with his sister in a large house in a secluded forest area.
Chico's Older Sister: Used to take care of Chico until she got very sick and had to stop. Chico, being too young to get a job that pays high enough to take care of his sister, decided to join Mokkun's Private Military Company.
Coco Hekmatyar: A young arms dealer who is the daughter of a global shipping magnate . Belongs to HCLI's Europe/African Weapons Transport Division. Her personality is quite cheery and happy, most would say even childish. She is the one in charge of delivering weapons to Makkun's PMC.
>>
>>38401308
Boku no Hero Academia. It's a battle, superhero anime.
>>
You should watch Simoun

It's not my favorite, but probably is my favorite excluding shows that are commonly recommended.
>>
File: 1476654425231.jpg (39KB, 998x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476654425231.jpg
39KB, 998x720px
>>38398962
Watamote was one of the first I watched when I decided to weeb myself, and it remains my favorite.

>relatable to robots
>entertaining
>doesn't take itself too seriously

I only wish that there could be more shows like it.
>>
>>38399242
Castlevania, It's new and not even full season
>>
>>38399278
Not really that good desu.
>>
>>38404222
NHK ni yousoko is probably something you'd enjoy if you haven't already seen it.
>>
>>38404266
I've never seen it, but it's on my backlog. It seems like something I'd be interested in, although maybe depressing as well.
>>
File: 1453253335456.png (12KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453253335456.png
12KB, 700x400px
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

>funny
>fantasy
>Darkness and Wiz best girls
>bullying dumb girls
>RPG setting
>MC is a pervert
>20 episodes total with combined with 1st and 2nd season
>will leave you wanting a 3rd season
>>
>>38403889
I dislike it tho.. even enjoy that gambling kakegurui shit more
>>
Tiger and Bunny was fun. Bit of CGI but pretty good.Reality TV superheroes run around doing stuff, show was paid for? by slapping actual logos on some of the heroes
>>
File: 14516l.jpg (109KB, 440x600px) Image search: [Google]
14516l.jpg
109KB, 440x600px
My favourite anime:
>Cardcaptor Sakura
Defined the magical girl genre with lasting supremacy. I just re-watched it last summer, and had to hold off on a marathon. Some seventy episodes, contained in themselves while also having a chronological plot. Absolutely loved it as a child when I saw it on TV, and it still holds up for an adult with its mature material.

>Natsume Yuujinchou
Using a similar format to Cardcaptor Sakura, I enjoy that each episode is like a little poem which contributes to a cohesive collection. Anyone who likes Mushishi will have an even better time with Natsume. Beautiful visuals, great imagination, warm voice-acting, and stunning music.

>Kaiji
Among the greatest sport series ever made. Far surpasses the animation of Akagi, while retaining Fukomoto's unmistakably unique art style. Always exciting, intelligent, and well produced.

>Bakemonogatari
Long, complex, and intriguing. Monogatari has a large cast of memorable characters, great visuals which compliment expansive dialogue, and some of the best openings of any anime series ever produced.

>Type Moon's "Fate" series
Read the original visual novel of Fate/Stay Night, watch the anime adaptions, and get into the recently released Fate/Apocrypha and you'll have over a hundred hours of great entertainment. Constant new additions, great characters, and strong heroes.
>>
>>38404222
Shit anon, haven't seen that one in like 3 years. Thank you for reminding me of its existance
>>
Love live
Love live sunshine
>>
>>38404333
Wasted trips. Megumin best girl
>>
File: 097ygv45iuyv7.jpg (110KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
097ygv45iuyv7.jpg
110KB, 500x612px
>>38404471
>liking generic loli wizard #857487
>not liking proud female Christmas cake knight who likes to get freaky and wouldn't mind making a child with the MC
>not liking the quirky Lich who wants to settle down and live a normal life running a shop

Sorry but you seem to be suffering from a case of "bad taste", there's nothing I can do for you
>>
>>38402172
You have some of the WORST taste I have ever fucking seen. Half of that shit isn't even in the correct genre--let alone among the half-decent stuff that would actually fit in the genre you imagine it to be. Kill Me Baby is shit. Nichijou and Joshiraku are "You have to be this Japanese to get the joke," when they aren't just slapstick. Sasami-San is pure garbage. And every single anime in your "others" section beyond Black Lagoon--which is among Urobuchi's mediocre works--is trash.

If you want cute girls doing cute shit, watch K-ON, Gochiusa, Yuru Yuri, Yuyushiki, Lucky Star, Kiniro Mosaic, and A-Channel.

If you want comedy: watch Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, Yahari, Watamote, Oreimo, Sakamoto desu ga, One Punch Man, Monogatari, etc., etc. You could have actually piked fucking comedies.
>>
>>38401591
Great
Mediocre
Mediocre
Good
Mediocre
Shit
Good
Mediocre
Shit
Shit
Absolutely amazing
Mediocre
Great
Okay
Good
Okay
Fucking pure garbage
Good
Mediocre
Already mentioned.
Already mentioned.
Fantastic
Mediocre.
>>
>>38401493
>Fine
>Great
>Mediocre
>Okay
>Okay

>Shit
>Great
>Shit
>Okay
>Shit

>Shit
>Shit
>Great
>Great

>Shit
>Good
>Good
>Shit
>Good
>Mediocre
>Mediocre

>Fantastic
>Amazing
>Okay
>Shit
>Good
>Great
>Great

>Mediocre
>Okay
>Okay
>Mediocre
>Okay
>Mediocre
>>
naruto shippuden orig
>>
>>38400185
>Alright
>Alright
>Great
>Great
>Among the best
>Great
>Amazing
>Great
>Good
>Good
>Mediocre
>Fantastic
>The game is good. The movie sucks.
>The game is good. The anime is remarkably loyal to the game.
>>
>>38404715
>aria
>shit
>hidamari
>good
fuck you
>>
>Anime
Berserk(OLD has fucking great music even if its kind meh)
GITS(original)
Akira
Metropolis
Angel Cop
Serial Experiments Lain
Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Great Teacher Onizuka
Hokuto no Ken
NHK ni Youkoso!
Juubee Ninpuuchou
Koi Kaze
>>
My list of personal favourites:
Hajime no Ippo
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Of course
Boku no Hero Academia
Yamishibai
(90's) Berserk Even though the manga is better
Darker Than Black
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.