[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, if you were creating an A.I, how would you program emotion?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 300417.jpg (24KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
300417.jpg
24KB, 225x350px
So, if you were creating an A.I, how would you program emotion? It's a very confounding idea, but I'm sure you can.
>>
>>38398370
>how would you program emotion?
I wouldn't.
>>
Actual AI researcher here.

All emotions and instincts are desires to DO something.
You don't just feel an emotion and that's it, it makes you want to DO something.
Every action every human does, every word, every sentence, everything is thanks to some sort of emotion or instinct.
Nothing anybody does is unique or actually *them*. It's all driven by emotions and instincts.

So how would you program emotion? I don't think you'd have to.
All you need is a good enough ML model, let it optimize and run through a lot of situations that reward desired behavior, and punish undesired behavior.
With that method, you'd get instincts. Things they do out of reflex, because they *evolved* the desire for it.
Emotions however are a bit trickier. I believe emotions are learned through the environment, not evolved. That's the difference.
So what you need is sort of a meta-ML model that learns by itself without genetic algorithms. I want to one day find and test a suitable model like that.
If you have a model like that, what you do when you evolve the model itself, you create complex situations that require the model to learn from past experiences, not just evolve instincts.

Realistically though, what you would end up with is sort of a smart ai pet, that does everything it is told, and everything it can to please you.
>>
>>38398994
Hi, do you have any AI books you'd recommend
>>
>>38399128
Books? No. I don't believe learning by reading is as effective as actually trying to implement things yourself.
I do recommend the edx AI course however. It focuses on "traditional" AI with examples on game AI.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.