[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any robot play guitar out there?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: guitar.jpg (8KB, 365x138px) Image search: [Google]
guitar.jpg
8KB, 365x138px
I started to play guitar again recently, but I really don't know how to progress
>>
just play things you like since it's a meme at this point

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0VtiWZHdwef
>>
>>38392713
Buy a BC Rich Warlock
>>
master whole songs you like as practice because it will be much less tedious
>>
File: Space.png (2MB, 1319x1395px) Image search: [Google]
Space.png
2MB, 1319x1395px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlqyCfsYjOs
>>
>>38393171
I like the music but the tone is atrocious
>>
Do yourself a favor and don't rely on tabs, actually learn scales and music theory and all that. It seems gay and you'll tell yourself that you don't need it. Trust me, you will. As for progress, it takes dedication and a good bit of time to get any progress. Just make it a point to practice everyday or at least as much as you can in your free time. Learn songs you like and eventually you'll pick up on the writing styles and be able to produce nice improv shit
>>
>>38392713
I think it depends on what your goal is. What do you want to accomplish by getting better?
>>
>>38393091
>since it's a meme at this point
what the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>38394465
playing guitar is a meme. just a super old dead meme. it's like fidget spinners or pokemon go, the fedora of instruments

playing guitar is basically like putting out a sign saying "i have autism"
>>
>>38394726
this.

just move on and start making music with fl studio or ableton, thats where the rest of us musicians went. Fuck guitar, fuck bands, make entire arrangements by yourself on your laptop, its much more fun.
>>
>>38393241
This.
I regret not spending more time learning theory.
>>
>>38392713
Play bass, it's cooler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVThmL2u1Ig
>>
>>38394863
Yeah, stop referring to yourself as a musician if you use fucking FL Studio you enormous faggot.
>>
>>38392713
Learn to sight read and how to learn songs by ear. If you start now you'll be a beast guitarist in a shorter time than if you rely on tabs and patterns. Learning theory helps too.

If you feel overwhelmed then start with learning your musical intervals. Recognise them by ear, on paper and on your fretboard. Also have fun and learn stuff you enjoy along with boring topics that help you improve.
>>
File: frampt.png (114KB, 344x374px) Image search: [Google]
frampt.png
114KB, 344x374px
>>38394863
>>38394726
t. autist with fat stubby fingers who couldn't learn to play guitar
>>
>>38392713
I'm trying to save up to get a decent amp. I was looking at a Fender twin reverb. I really liked the clean tone when I tried it out at Guitar Center.

>>38393241
Pretty much this.

I had friends in high school who would use tabs to learn songs. I never felt the need to use them. I learned scales on my acoustic and ear training so I could pretty much figure out the key and individual notes from songs.
>>
>>38393121
Op do not follow this advice
>>
>>38393091
that was very good anon, play me some Elliott smith !
>>
>>38392713
I'm so glad I quit instruments to make music on a computer

You realize that an instrument requires social interaction to make full songs right?
>>
>>38396325
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Na3X6RcX8M
>>
>>38392713
>playing the guitar
>robot

Why though?
>>
>>38397485
thank you for that ! you're actually really good anon, have you ever played in front of anyone? how did it go?
>>
>>38392713
6 month violin here, but now im interested in e.guitars
Kinda want to play baroque music with my e.guitar.
>>
>>38397485
you're awesome do you like passable trap girls
>>
>>38394726
Autism?
Guitar is the instrument of the normals you are just trolling.
>>
>>38398219
yes twice it went over poorly. i got super shaky and i could barely do anything
>>38398420
the penis is really a deal breaker
>>
Well it guess it depends what you're looking for senpai.

If you want to impress girls, become a normie and escape r9k learn how to play chords and sing at the same time.

If you have autism try learning classical guitar, which will make everything else not so hard. You can start by learning how to read music and practicing scales. Learning scales (the right way) will help you develop your mechanical ability and musical sense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrtW99qTk6E
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.